• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CF Leveling group a good idea?

DeletedUser35712

Actually, no, because BPs are not that easy for the CF. Most people don't take it past 6.
I guess my perspective is skewed because in J, my guild had a couple of members powerlevelling their CF.

mamboking053

Ah, I see. I was kinda disheartened, but I guess I don't necessarily need perpetual for it to still be very useful. I was worried that if I took it to higher stages, it would become really useless. I don't see many people using this strategy and it was so hard getting prints I thought barely anyone else was doing it...and for a reason.

Thanks for the tips.

DeletedUser35712

Ah, I see. I was kinda disheartened, but I guess I don't necessarily need perpetual for it to still be very useful. I was worried that if I took it to higher stages, it would become really useless. I don't see many people using this strategy and it was so hard getting prints I thought barely anyone else was doing it...and for a reason.

Thanks for the tips.
I don't think anybody is using this strategy. You'll have to camp in IA for at least a year or two just to level up your Chateau to 72 if your game world is Arc-less. All of the CF's I've seen that are above 72 are not in IA.

mamboking053

I don't think anybody is using this strategy. You'll have to camp in IA for at least a year or two just to level up your Chateau to 72 if your game world is Arc-less. All of the CF's I've seen that are above 72 are not in IA.

Gross.

Even so, I think I just had a momentary lack of faith. I don't even need the UBQ, necessarily. Main feature is enough goods to complete GE. At level 15-20 this should be easy. Everything else is bonus, and the CF maintains it's legitimacy. Between the CF and the Arc it's really just a matter of time.

wolfhoundtoo

While presumably you can negotiate the c-map to get the expansions there, staying in Iron Age means you can only get 2 diamond expansions and whatever (relatively) small number of expansions there are on the iron age tech tree. That leaves you pretty limited space available and the chat is a decent size and you won't be able to add very many forge point generating buildings in an iron age city. Add in the sheer number of forge points to get above level 72 and that equats to a fair bit of time (or an awful lot of money) to get the chat to level 72.

Basically people get bored and no doubt figure more expansions are worth moving up in ages on a general level.

DeletedUser33036

What is the highest CF ever recorded? Also, I think the extra diamonds is more than enough reason to get the CF to atleast level 10.

Mustapha00

I'm all for anyone who wants to "go against the grain" and pursue their own strategery.

I'm quite the fan of the Chateau Fronty-thingy. Always have been. And I'm working- slowly, but steadily- to advance it. However, I guess that I've given into the "dark side", as it were, because I'm also working my Arc(s) more diligently and using the extra FP earned to level my CF(s).

mamboking053

I'm all for anyone who wants to "go against the grain" and pursue their own strategery.

I'm quite the fan of the Chateau Fronty-thingy. Always have been. And I'm working- slowly, but steadily- to advance it. However, I guess that I've given into the "dark side", as it were, because I'm also working my Arc(s) more diligently and using the extra FP earned to level my CF(s).

I started my Arc as well after reaching CF Level 5. Except for those players who like to play for fun, I don't think there is a strategy out there that wouldn't prioritize leveling Arc as soon as you could. Efficiency wise, it's the best option and improves every other aspect of the game.

mamboking053

What other possible reason is there to play a game? The whole point of a leisure time activity is to derive pleasure from it. And especially in a game like this where there is no real winner.

For me the fun is in my competitiveness with friends, guild members, and neighbors to rise as fast as I can and in the best way possible. The best way to describe this game would be growing for no reason because there are no winners, there technically is no end, there are no goals, or any of that. It's what you make of it. When I said those who play for fun, I meant those who don't seem to be particularly driven to do much more than participate for the sake of it. Even though there's no definitive winners you can still become better and better at what you do. Maybe when I'm older I'll slide into a more leisurely sort of play, but right now there has to be a bone to run after for me.

*Arturis*

For me the fun is in my competitiveness with friends, guild members, and neighbors to rise as fast as I can and in the best way possible. The best way to describe this game would be growing for no reason because there are no winners, there technically is no end, there are no goals, or any of that. It's what you make of it. When I said those who play for fun, I meant those who don't seem to be particularly driven to do much more than participate for the sake of it. Even though there's no definitive winners you can still become better and better at what you do. Maybe when I'm older I'll slide into a more leisurely sort of play, but right now there has to be a bone to run after for me.
Running out of gb to level
Not to worry about not to have enough room to build stuff
Doing recurring UBQ till you drop
Breaching anyone defense if you want to
Put your city shield up for a year or two
Not to worry how long it will takes for someone’s gb to level so you can get your fp back.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Maybe when I'm older I'll slide into a more leisurely sort of play, but right now there has to be a bone to run after for me.
Run all you want to, youngster. Some day you'll see the futility in that mindset when it comes to playing a game. Or maybe you won't. I have a brother-in-law around 70 years old who still thinks games are a proof of some kind of superiority or something stupid like that...except he only plays a couple of games that cater to his particular set of abilities, so it proves nothing. And even though our family is really into playing games when we get together, nobody wants to play with him because he sucks the fun out of any game he's involved in.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamboking053

Running out of gb to level
Not to worry about not to have enough room to build stuff
Doing recurring UBQ till you drop

Eventually, when you play a game long enough, you will run out of things to do. If you've run out of things to do in this game, especially, that means you've been playing this game for years. Slowing yourself down simply to avoid that makes the game even longer and that's not something that really interests me. I'm not exactly frothing at the mouth to get to the end, but I don't see that much entertainment in not pushing for goals in this game and then, possibly, moving on to another. This game can become boring too...

I don't follow the guide strictly. I started as a way to gain enough goods to complete GE. However, since then, I've been fighting my way up to and through Level 3 pretty reliably so it's not that important now, so I'm more of a hybrid between attack and farm. I wasn't even using UBQ. I actually just remembered about it today when one of the repliers mentioned it. I'll be using that from now on too because why wouldn't I. It'd be like me declining a winning lottery ticket because it makes life too easy.

mamboking053

Run all you want to, youngster. Some day you'll see the futility in that mindset when it comes to playing a game. Or maybe you won't. I have a brother-in-law around 70 years old who still thinks games are a proof of some kind of superiority or something stupid like that...except he only plays a couple of games that cater to his particular set of abilities, so it proves nothing. And even though our family is really into playing games when we get together, nobody wants to play with him because he sucks the fun out of any game he's involved in.

Ah, I see what you mean. Well...that might be more a fault of character than technique.

I can't speak for everyone using the method, but for me, I use the HQS method like I use my attack GB's. I don't rely on either- I use both because I get two different perspectives of the game. The farm thing was boring for me, but fighting is boring too because midway through the week GE is done and the neighborhood is kinda boring and time consuming to attack over and over again. Often for little to no real rewards- and even for that you have to constantly come back and catch them with their pants down to get it. I don't think anyone sits there and clicks UBQ's exclusively. That's just the core part of their approach to the game and it gives them flexibility in other areas of the game.

I get where you're coming from though, lol. Some people like the hook and some people like the jab. And they'll debate it to their graves.

DeletedUser29726

There was one (new) world where I started out focusing on chateau without having my own arc. I was assisted along by those who did do the Arc journey though. I ran to PE and camped there so that random blueprints would have a maximum chance of being Chateau prints. Paid for some prints too on others buildings. Sold PE goods sets for FP - which would get many of the other chateau fans onto my friend list. Used unbirthdays to fuel the process. It worked out pretty decently - it'd work without the arcs to have helped me along as well, but obviously would've involved trying harder. I got my chateau into the 50s there before I stopped playing that world for a while. I was in the top 10 GBs ahead of most of the arcs for a long while (first Arc showed up shortly after I was already started) and top 20 still when I quit. Now of course all kinds of arcs have gone by - but had I kept up the effort it did seem a sustainable plan.

It'll be much harder for an iron age camper though. You'll sustain the unbirthdays easier, but where I had a 3/7 chance per quest of something that turned into FP for my GB (goods to sell or FP pack) and a 1/224 chance of a Chateau print from quests you just have a 1/14 chance of a FP pack. And as others mentioned, I had more space for expansions. You'll need to put in ~5 times the time a day of clicking through unbirthday quests to get the same results I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamboking053

Perpetual motion doesn't start until the 100s for most eras, lol. Almost no one ever gets there. Although, in CE with a level 26 CF, I can do the UBQ for days and barely dent my coins and supplies.

Wow. Thanks again for telling me about the UBQ part. Didn't think it'd be good, but I was just able to do 20 extra RQ's. That's 40 Alchemists worth of city space. 80 extra goods and an FP pack in about ten minutes. Can't complain.

Mustapha00

What other possible reason is there to play a game? The whole point of a leisure time activity is to derive pleasure from it. And especially in a game like this where there is no real winner.

This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison, but I had a friend and his girlfriend who played that Game Where You Quested Ever-ly in order to supplement their income. They were making about 15k a year from selling goodies obtained in game.

I can't see something like that being practical here...though maybe a service that you paid to get you from Bronze Age to Virtual Future might be close to it.

DeletedUser35712

This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison, but I had a friend and his girlfriend who played that Game Where You Quested Ever-ly in order to supplement their income. They were making about 15k a year from selling goodies obtained in game.

I can't see something like that being practical here...though maybe a service that you paid to get you from Bronze Age to Virtual Future might be close to it.
You can't sell in-game stuff/accounts for real money. That's against the rules.

DeletedUser32328

I read the HQS guide and fought like mad to get the Chateau. I have it at level 5 at the moment and it is...underwhelming.

For one, the rewards are random.

Two, the chances for getting rewards are not divided equally. FP's and medals are fairly uncommon. That means you are much more likely to get supplies and coins than FP's and medals from HQS.

Three, the Chateau does not influence FP amount gained from quests. You will always receive a 5 FP pack regardless of how high your CF is. There's been only a few days where I've gotten more than 2 FP Packs in a day, but mostly it's either 1, 2, or none.

I've had this building for about a month now and I really haven't seen the perpetual motion thing kick in. It's decent in that the goods that I do get aren't tied to goods boosts and so I can get a fair amount of every good. Aside from that, it seems more useful for coins and supplies than goods. I've heard some mention UBQ's, but they are far to expensive to spam for the same reasons. The rewards are random, the chances of each rewards are different, and I will likely come out of it getting supplies and coins rather than goods and medals.

Unless I'm missing something. I'm a little apathetic about it at the moment. I should have went with the attack build...

Like others on this thread already mentioned, perpetual motion only kicks in at high levels.
However, you can make the CF work if you have SMB, LoA (and if need be) RAH built. With an SMB coupled with some good coin producing buildings (such as Tholos, Black Tower, ...) you can do a bunch of Fnords when collecting. Then you do R'lyeh as you spend your FPs from collections. And when cycling through the recurring quests you do the UBQs. And for that you can use the supply boosts.

The FP packs are a nice bonus, but essentially it is about the goods it delivers.

DeletedUser27889

I certainly can't say I have perpetual motion level Chat. While the idea is interesting in practicality it would take a special type of person to be able to sit and do ubq all day.

A few weeks back we were discussing FP packs from rqs and their drop rate here on the forum. I decided I'd do a few hundred right there to actually get real results. This. took.. hours... I once worried they were going to nerf chat because of the perpetual motion stuff however, I think even they realized if someone has that type of time, patience and wrist strength then more power to them.

You can already do a lot of UBQs at the lower levels, also that wiki doesnt take into account the second quest line if you're running that as well.

Back to your question though, I honestly can't imagine super leveling anything without arc. I think you may be vastly underestimating the amount of FP and time (I'm thinking years) it would take to get a chat into the 100's without arcs. Which could really be disappointing in the end because the work still isn't over, you still need to do all those ubqs, you'd need to add more levels if you ever era up and the difference between a level 50 chat and a 100 chat I can't see worth the effort to raise fp by fp.

Also, perhaps I'm reading into it wrong but if these power players don't want to build arcs that is of course fine, but how exactly do they plan on stopping everyone else from building it? Will people on whatever world this is be hood bullied into playing their version of the game?