• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Champion's Retreat is no longer on the Daily Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes for the Villa. At the moment (outside of getting a Champions Retreat during an event) it's the only way that comes to mind that'd allow you access to the Bronze Age Champion or the Clubman. Maybe Soccer event might have one? No guarantee's until it happens. But the Soccer Event usually allows a choice between Champions Retreat and Rogue Hideout as one of the Goal Shots (independent of Daily Specials) if you carefully position yourself to be a set distance away from the Grand Prize when opening the last prize towards that Grand Prize

Alcatraz would require a Champions Retreat to provide champions. It won't be able to produce troops based on Random Production buildings

Buildings that provide random units produce from the age of the building. It should produce from every unit in that age, even the NPC units. Thus allowing Barbarians in Early Middle Ages and Braves in Industrial Age

thanks for the helpful reply Emberguard.

Kraynar the mysterious wrote:

Daily Challenges can also give you a Champion Retreat, I just got one today.

---

Unfortunately, it does NOT work that way in bronze age, since the tech <daily challenges> is not unlocked until iron age, which would only allow me to produce iron age + above champions for all-ages gvg map population later with <bronze> champ units ad infinitum. daily challenges are only unlocked after <brewing> and <manuring> have been completed from the bronze techs to get one possible path in to iron age. One <can> pay the forge point toal cost without unlocking <daily challenges>, but my question still comes up is that why in the <seasonal daily specials> in the last couple of years is the bronze champion retreat so infrequently occurring without much of a period at all (exception: in the last christmas seasonal event after one won all the reindeer, one could spend the reindeer and some diamonds (1000+) to purchase a retreat plus a few other things in the Christmas package, but that expense did seem a little steep.

Is this something that the developers did or did not take note of in a bug - fix by choosing to offer the champion retreat less often or at all in the seasonal daily specials when they didn't think about players trying for a bronze champion retreat without access to a <regular daily special> (without advancing first an age in the techs?

icarusethan

thanks for the helpful reply Emberguard.

Kraynar the mysterious wrote:

Daily Challenges can also give you a Champion Retreat, I just got one today.

---

Unfortunately, it does NOT work that way in bronze age, since the tech <daily challenges> is not unlocked until iron age, which would only allow me to produce iron age + above champions for all-ages gvg map population later with <bronze> champ units ad infinitum. daily challenges are only unlocked after <brewing> and <manuring> have been completed from the bronze techs to get one possible path in to iron age. One <can> pay the forge point toal cost without unlocking <daily challenges>, but my question still comes up is that why in the <seasonal daily specials> in the last couple of years is the bronze champion retreat so infrequently occurring without much of a period at all (exception: in the last christmas seasonal event after one won all the reindeer, one could spend the reindeer and some diamonds (1000+) to purchase a retreat plus a few other things in the Christmas package, but that expense did seem a little steep.

Is this something that the developers did or did not take note of in a bug - fix by choosing to offer the champion retreat less often or at all in the seasonal daily specials when they didn't think about players trying for a bronze champion retreat without access to a <regular daily special> (without advancing first an age in the techs?
i thought this iron age talk only exists in beta. AGE UP IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ALL FEATURE!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Unfortunately, it does NOT work that way in bronze age
Not a direct solution to your problem, but Horsemen are identical to Champs except for the bonus when one Champ dies, And a decent attack bonus will help you more than that extra point will.

I so wish I had one unattached Horseman remaining in my main world to throw out at times.

i thought this iron age talk only exists in beta. AGE UP IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ALL FEATURE!

I notice the effect slightly with a +75% hit bonus and some defence bonus to my attacking army because given a choice of a mix of bronze and iron champs and horsemen and mounted warriors versus say armies mixed with spears or soldiers (or other units too), the defending army will tend to choose to attack some of the certain fast units more often than the others, given the choice of those units in range or which is injured first or a (hit or non-hit) rogue turned champ first and which one is saved for a kill for later. It can add up in troops slightly if one merely tries to breeze through a battle on auto-battle and doesn't have a way to access an injured bronze champ say turned dead instead of just injured to heal later. I <do> notice it on beta slightly but I'm looking for upgrading a bronze world on the UK server to iron immediately if I can find the corresponding champ retreat asked for

I notice the effect slightly with a +75% hit bonus and some defence bonus to my attacking army because given a choice of a mix of bronze and iron champs and horsemen and mounted warriors versus say armies mixed with spears or soldiers (or other units too), the defending army will tend to choose to attack some of the certain fast units more often than the others, given the choice of those units in range or which is injured first or a (hit or non-hit) rogue turned champ first and which one is saved for a kill for later. It can add up in troops slightly if one merely tries to breeze through a battle on auto-battle and doesn't have a way to access an injured bronze champ say turned dead instead of just injured to heal later. I <do> notice it on beta slightly but I'm looking for upgrading a bronze world on the UK server to iron immediately if I can find the corresponding champ retreat asked for
The other reason one may want 1 bronze champ retreat and say 2 other sets of barracks of regular horses is this:

if killed, a 2 slot retreat will revive 1 champ in 1 day or 2 in 2. A regular horse only takes a few hours to revive for each slot and they also heal a lot faster than the champs.

But in the mix of say 6-7 regular horses and say just 1 champ (held back in the corner if one is worried about it dying or getting partially hit) or fewer regular horses + 1 champ + (single) drummer + (single) color (for the other things like the rally bonus) + the rest rogues or mixed other units, then it pays to know when to retreat a champ or rogue turned champ and when to save the champ to deliver the final few blows while also suffering minimal counter-attack injury. It is slightly noticeable if one can sacrifice their regular knight first as a priority (much like in a chess game) before a piece like the champion first. If one can afford 2-3 champion retreats though (on the limited space of say an iron city map), than one can afford to insert say 2-3 champs into a series of a battle or battles and have them fight longer or heal more quickly. When one has a few in rotation in to the attack army order while the others revive / heal, it can pay to have them defeat that extra expedition station if one fights the first N stations / week on a regular basis in iron era. And I don’t think a bronze champ with about 75% attack hit does too badly in an iron level expedition neither

Agent327

This is getting totally off topic. Topic isn't a discussion about the usefulness of Champion Retreats, or how you se them. Topic is about them appearing in the Events daily prizes. If you have something to say about that feel free to do so, but no more off topic discussions.

This is getting totally off topic. Topic isn't a discussion about the usefulness of Champion Retreats, or how you se them. Topic is about them appearing in the Events daily prizes. If you have something to say about that feel free to do so, but no more off topic discussions.

Sure,

but there's no software developer representing the game that would want to speculate about why there was or was not a choice to include retreats in the seasonal daily special? It does seem that bronze retreats have their uses. It used to be the case that they were offered. Apologies for steering off topic in a reply

Vger

but there's no software developer representing the game that would want to speculate about why there was or was not a choice to include retreats in the seasonal daily special?
No, there isn't. The only threads the devs claim to monitor are the feedback threads. They may or may not read other threads, but even if they do, and even if they were to respond, they would do so as just another player, not as an Inno rep.

Also, it probably isn't the devs that decide what the daily specials are. The game designers do that. The devs just make it happen.

There are occasional Q&A's with the designers. You can try to ask the question there. The questions tend to come in faster than they can answer them. And I suspect that a question about Champ retreats in BA is going to get rolled over. How many people care? Is it more than 0.0001% of users?

Kranyar the Mysterious

No, there isn't. The only threads the devs claim to monitor are the feedback threads. They may or may not read other threads, but even if they do, and even if they were to respond, they would do so as just another player, not as an Inno rep.

Also, it probably isn't the devs that decide what the daily specials are. The game designers do that. The devs just make it happen.

There are occasional Q&A's with the designers. You can try to ask the question there. The questions tend to come in faster than they can answer them. And I suspect that a question about Champ retreats in BA is going to get rolled over. How many people care? Is it more than 0.0001% of users?
And with the PvP Towers going away soon there will be even less need for them, since you won't be able to win prior age towers (since they won't exist).

Agent327

Since people can not stay on topic and this thread has already run it's course it is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.