• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change to Units selection

Be Chuille

Whoever thought it was a good idea to change how the military units are grouped... what were you thinking?
You have made it easier for bots to select units.

The new grouping does not allow us to see how many healthy units are available compared to damaged units.
Also, there are times when we might WANT to select units that have some damage.

I think it is a fantastic change to the game! While it might be easier for bots to select, I have been told in this forum in the past that bots really aren't that big of a deal. So whatever, I am not going to worry about some invisible enemy.

Now, for those of us that put in hundreds of battles, it will be easier for us humans. Thank you for the nice change Inno.

Orius Maximus

Complaints about bots again?

I swear some players in this game have such a huge ego that they can't imagine any other player is better, so when they lose, the other player MUST have been cheating.

Mor-Rioghain

I'm delighted with the new change! Like anything that's new it will take a bit of getting used to but I honestly can't think of a single thing that is 'wrong' with this new feature and I play all of the different types of battles available.

As for the showing of damaged units, I've not really found it any type of hindrance that I didn't experience before, i.e., rogues showing up at the end of a long line of other units when the "all units" filter is on. Since it's not a change for the 'worse,' what's the real problem?

Last edited:

TK2-425

I completely understand that some will love this change and some will hate it. Got it.
I'm in the 'HATE it' camp. With that being said, I'm against removing it entirely - how about this :
Put a little toggle button allowing you to switch between 'New Mode' and 'Classic Mode' - as soooooo
many websites do with their layouts. As I'm new to the forums, I'm not sure how to suggest this to someone
who just might get it done ...

Also, there are times when we might WANT to select units that have some damage.
Yes, exactly!! Any daily player who is good at fighting knows this – especially those of us who are familiar with how the auto-battle program mishandles an army.

However, it looks like the new system might allow us to still do that. So perhaps InnoGames is getting better at retaining old features when they make these kinds of unannounced game changes.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Just saying - as a software architect (designer, engineer), the ways that devices we play on present for buildable features and capabilities - means that sometimes what works well or better (ie gives you a feature upgrade or a MORE positive experience) on 1 device doesn't translate well on another, and can make it worse.

I think the mobile presentation of warrior unit-stacking will present, after some playing with it, NOT as good an experience as the PC because - Inno designs for PC and fits to mobile - not the other way around. The two have different needs and implement things differently (under the covers)

Given that design view, this translates to the mobile size and feature set (tap, long tap, swipe, etc...) being able to fix some problems to balance the differences, but not if they're un-implemented.

So the rave reviews of how great it is on one side, and detraction offered on the other - can basically come down to what platform you use most, and how you use it.

Some issues transcend platform design - for example - there is a common theme on both - ie, where the injured warriors should go.

From the beta experience and to @Sharmon the Impaler's point, there is COMMONALITY of BOTH beta and now live feedback that it dilutes the full positive nature of what stacking can deliver for us by placing them directly after the Warrior MASTER COPY (with availability count).

So remember - sometimes it's the platform that you play on that drives how you like a feature, or if you don't. It can be implemented differently, and sometimes is. Inno, luckily for us, chose to make it reversible by giving us the OPTION to turn it off from stacking warriors.

Last edited:

Tharkunn

I like the change. For me (on a PC) A simple change would make it work a 1000 times better. Have it display two copies of Full health units and max 2 copies of unhealthy units. Until such time as I have enough wounded units to make troops of other types scroll out of view it is absolutely perfect. However once units start getting pushed out of sight it becomes a lot like before. Scrolling to find the units I want. Only worse as instead of 20 healthy units making it easy to click on one. There is just one healthy unit and one time it is on the upper row, the next time maybe lower row, maybe upper row. Causing mis clicks.
With the above-mentioned change all the units would remain visible. While I don't see why anyone would want to be able to select unhealthy units. Having two to pick from should full fill this need.

MKPapa

I like this update as first step of army management window improvements.
I would strongly prefer that damaged untis were listed after all types of healthy units. Or at least we had checkbox to hide damaged units.
In all units tab, after you got few damaged heavies, you have to scroll to choose healthy units of other types.
Same for other tabs - if you have many damaged light units, you need to scroll to see rogues. Same for Champs, etc.

Dominator - X

I think the concept of stacking is good. However, it seems like it has created more lag when changing out troops. And I don't like the counter. It only shows the number of healthy troops in inventory and ignores the injured from the tally. Right now, it isn't a huge problem, since I have a good supply of Unattached. It would be annoying if I had a lot fewer. I ended up setting it to inactive after several days of hoping I would get used to the lag or hoping it would level out. I didn't and it didn't...

Angry.Blanket

For me it seems like no change, its like a different way of doing the exact same thing with the exact same outcome. after fighting for a while all I see are wounded units of one type, I used to see mostly healthy units now I see one small square with healthy units and a bunch of wounded units that I dont need to see.
1 complaint, Before my healthy units were the only thing visible and I didnt have to be very accurate with my mouse to select one when fighting fast, now I have to be sure to hit the one specific square.

Orius Maximus

The only problem I have with it is that it looks like I have no units when I'm doing the Egyptian settlement, but that's a very minor thing.

Sluggie

I like the stacking QoL (and wonder why it wasn't done sooner...10+ years?), BUT...

...I'd prefer not to have the damaged units of type 1 (eg: Mercenaries) push the listing of healthy type 2 (eg: Rogues) off the screen - which I then have to 'go chase'. Currently, this stacking benefit/upgrade in QoL is sometimes negated when you have damaged units where multiple units names are present. :(

Similar effect for the "designated defenders" being unstacked and pushing other healthy unit choices off the screen when type 1 damaged are also present.
Perhaps a toggle option for "hide damaged" and "hide defenders".