• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.48- Feedback!

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser11237

Not sure about the change to the hood/guild/friend listing....
When logging in, the list now shows up at the #1 ranked player first (for whatever tab is open at default when logging in). not much of an issue if you are in the top 5 of your hood/guild/friends list, but an annoyance when you are used to it showing your own icon in the first position....

DeletedUser8428

How odd - my own 'hood list has always opened up directly on #1.

DeletedUser9184

The tiny units were part of this change:
-The battle rendering engine was significantly improved, which should result in faster loading and removing related memory leaks.

DeletedUser16079

Small fighters

When fighting neighbours, the battlefield and men are now smaller. I dont know if its the same on GvG as I havent been on yet.

I am finding it difficult to see which man is which.

Why has it been made smaller?

I completely agree. Not sure how everyone else feels but I like the larger players. For one like me with bad eyesite some of the players are harder to detect with the change.

DeletedUser10517

I completely agree. Not sure how everyone else feels but I like the larger players. For one like me with bad eyesite some of the players are harder to detect with the change.

I play on a PC....I dread to think what players on smaller devices think of it.

But of course, as hardly anyone in a hood attacks other hoodies, then there wont be much in the way of complaints.

DeletedUser8152

Was the unit change only for the early age maps? The late age maps already had smaller units, but I haven't noticed any change since the last update. Or am I just unobservant? (Which I am!)

DeletedUser8796

Only issue i noticed is with the arrows to move on the neighborhood area; If attack someone then attempt to move on the list the arrows ( no matter which one i click in that direction) will go all the way to the end of the list instead of the 1 or 5 it should do.

DeletedUser11237

There is also a problem with persistent tool tip pop ups with neighbours/guild/friends...
Going through them today, I now find that they pop up and stay up. very very frustrating.
There was the previous issue of getting building tool tips pop up when mousing over the very bottom of the hood list, but now its happening every time moving the pointer around...

Vuurgoudhaantje

Excellent idea to make the icons more visible!

Around the same time as this change (maybe unrelated?), I got an announcement in some of the worlds I am playing in that there were new neighbors and were they going to be friend or foe. It turns out that someone had the horrible idea to add a bunch of very advanced players (e.g. in Langendorn MEers with >.5 million points) to our peaceful +/- EMA neighborhoods. Many of these new "neighbors" behave like evil colonialists / time travelers from hell, attacking on a daily basis with their very advanced forces and plundering anything they can get their bloody paws on. I don't mind being attacked by contemporaries; that's part of the game; but this is just not fair and no fun. I will abandon my cities in those worlds and if this will happen to all my cities, I will quit playing. -- Vuurgoudhaantje (Firecrest)

Last edited:

manlymanman

Seeing these pop-ups when working thru the lists, too. Not a deal-breaker, but annoying. I've also had a few instances where I collect, there is a very short screen freeze, and then I have to collect again.

DeletedUser3972

Excellent idea to make the icons more visible!

Around the same time as this change (maybe unrelated?), I got an announcement in some of the worlds I am playing in that there were new neighbors and were they going to be friend or foe. It turns out that someone had the horrible idea to add a bunch of very advanced players (e.g. in Langendorn MEers with >.5 million points) to our peaceful +/- EMA neighborhoods. Many of these new "neighbors" behave like evil colonialists / time travelers from hell, attacking on a daily basis with their very advanced forces and plundering anything they can get their bloody paws on. I don't mind being attacked by contemporaries; that's part of the game; but this is just not fair and no fun. I will abandon my cities in those worlds and if this will happen to all my cities, I will quit playing. -- Vuurgoudhaantje (Firecrest)

Yes, it is unrelated. Sometimes when they shuffle a hood, you get tossed in with some folks way below or above your age. These people usually go away during the next hood change, so don't sweat it too much.