• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.59- Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser1084

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.579 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser9393

Unable to locate: Changelog 1.59
Also unable to locate: Changelog 1.579 update

DeletedUser1382

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.579 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!!

I would really like to see the "Gift" option made active. It would help me help newer players with BPs and other "stuff".

DeletedUser8428

I would really like to see the "Gift" option made active. It would help me help newer players with BPs and other "stuff".
You're kidding, right? You may have the best of intentions but not everyone is as altruistic. Too much room for abuse. Never happen.

DeletedUser10415

You may have the best of intentions but not everyone is as altruistic.

Specifically Inno Games, which makes it's money from selling the very items you have too many of. Also, if you could give other players your excess inventory items, we'd see Iron Age cities with Battle Tank factories. No. As hjh102 says, there is way too much room for abuse.

DeletedUser17462

If they ever implemented it, I can't see it working any different from the last game I played in which you were able to use your (diamond equivalent) to buy stuff for other players.

DeletedUser18687

Upgrades 1.579

You mentioned messaging cross platforms, does that mean that we will be able to see and send messages from our cellphones and tablets?
Treasure Chest access cross platform?

Questions not directly related to Changelog 1.579
I see gift under options can we donate things to other people like unused building from inventory?
Can we move a building that we "paid for and built" from our city to inventory?

Thanks

DeletedUser8428

You cannot use the 'Gift' options. Originally intended for something else, gifting anything to other players is abuse waiting to happen.
You cannot move a building from your city into your inventory.

DeletedUser17672

There needs to be more options for defense against rogue-players of later ages who continuously attack earlier ages, opportunistically. Some sort of "attack immunity" that lasts for a certain period of time, or additional percentages of defense after completing certain tasks... would be helpful.

DeletedUser10415

"attack immunity"

Get a lot of friends to keep your stuff motivated.
Join a guild to keep your stuff motivated.
Motivate your neighbors so they'll keep your stuff motivated.
Collect on time.

additional percentages of defense after completing certain tasks

Tasks:
Gain the Monastery from the continent map.
Collect the blueprints for and build St. Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle. Level them up.
Obtain Watch-fires in Events

Mustapha00

There needs to be more options for defense against rogue-players of later ages who continuously attack earlier ages, opportunistically. Some sort of "attack immunity" that lasts for a certain period of time, or additional percentages of defense after completing certain tasks... would be helpful.

I did finally have my AI-controlled army successfully defend my town from a player attack....I think that makes me about 1 for 8 or thereabouts- so it isn't >quite< impossible to win. But I stress that was from a player my rough equivalent in power: same age, roughly same military units. And it was a "near-run thing". I'd guess that it would be impossible to defend against a plunder attempt if the enemy player is even one Age ahead of you, much less two or more. There is no point to allowing plunder attempts beyond one Age higher or lower than the target players.

The suggestions made by Glarg are good ones....provided you are able to invest enough time, money (or, most likely, both) into the game. Up to you if you can make that sort of investment.

DeletedUser7289

Actually, Glarg's advice is very good. Additional ways to minimize (not eliminate, but minimize) plundering: know your own playing schedule, and time your production for when you can collect (if it's only once a day, use that). "Aid" the folks who attack you; it wont stop all of them, but quite a few will 'aid' you back rather than attack.
And above all else, produce MORE! If someone plunders 1 of 4 goods buildings, it hurts more than if they plunder 1 of 6 or 8. Keep growing yourself, over time you'll be able to advance to their level and beyond.

DeletedUser8428

The suggestions made by Glarg are good ones....provided you are able to invest enough time, money (or, most likely, both) into the game. Up to you if you can make that sort of investment.

Except that none of Glarg's suggestion involve spending money - they are part of regular gameplay. They don't even take that much time. The monastery is the result of a reward from a map conquest. Collecting blueprints involves M/P everyone you can think of and contributing to GB and participating in events to win watchfires. All of these things provide what the OP was asking for.

DeletedUser23123

InnoGames I guess. Might be at the wrong place. I thought I was replying to Changelog 1.59 that going to happen sometime tomorrow.

DeletedUser8428

No you're in the right place - but it wasn't clear that you were asking what time 1.59 would be in effect, since none of the previous posts were about time. Hopefully one of the mods can give an idea.