• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.76 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about Changelog 1.76.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser

Just curious what the point is behind the live pop-ups of when others are contributing in Expeditions?.. a simple click will show EVERYONE'S contributions..
..Something showing WHERE someone is along the way would be MUCH more helpful.
Number the battles.. for Difficulty II and III you can continue through or put something like 2-1, 2-6, 3-2, 3-9...

DeletedUser

Not sure who experiences these BUGS

"When creating an offer in the market, the number reflecting your stock would change according to your just created offer in the list of all goods but it was not updated in the brackets behind the goods type in the drop down menu. Both numbers will now reflect the correct amount of goods."

I have this one.

lemur

The Arctic of the real future will not be "frosty" at all. The polar ice caps are melting. We are entering an ice of runaway warming of the planet — caused by fossil fuel combustion, industrial agriculture, and massive deforestation. When climate stability is reached, the oceans will be much more acidic, most species that exist today will be extinct, the human population will be drastically reduced, and civilization will not exist.

The future eras of this game are nothing more than a cornucopian dream. They are not based on reality.

Algona

The future eras of this game are nothing more than a cornucopian dream.

You're right! There is no room in a game for speculation pr alternatives. I'm sure you'll never use anything in this game that has not already been shown to be a perfectly accurate reflection of reality.

We should have a war game that only reflects your vision of the future! Imagine how much fun all the current FoE gamers will have!

We can all enjoy tearing up our hard built cities to reflect the loss of civilization!

Imagine the thrills of a simplified combat system with no technology for new troops!

No GBs! Nothing to spend FPs on!

Wow! I' can't wait to play that game.

Or not.

If you wanna argue your vision of the future, highly recommend the Debate Hall forum thread on Global Warming, I'm sure your zeal will be welcome there.

lemur

You're right! There is no room in a game for speculation or alternatives.

Nice straw man! You seem to be feeling pretty good about yourself with knocking it down. Don't go blind! :p

The early eras of the game are loosely based on historical reality. Plenty of aspects are accurate. My point is that the new eras bear no resemblance whatsoever to the future we can reasonably expect. It would have been more consistent (and better, in my opinion) if the speculation about the future were as credible as the FoE view of the past.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The early eras of the game are loosely based on historical reality. Plenty of aspects are accurate. My point is that the new eras bear no resemblance whatsoever to the future we can reasonably expect. It would have been more consistent (and better, in my opinion) if the speculation about the future were as credible as the FoE view of the past.

Your crystal ball sucks!
Must be a sad life being so pessimistic about humanity and our future.

Personally I find FoE's vision of the future to be far more likely than your proclamations of doom and gloom.

lemur

Your crystal ball sucks!

Where do you think I get my information? One source is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (NASA GISS). Do they "suck" in your expert opinion, or is that just a juvenile quip that you posted out of frustration?

Must be a sad life being so pessimistic about humanity and our future.

You need to learn about the climate crisis and the many ways in which the modern industrial world is unsustainable. It is often not easy to cope with the knowledge of how screwed we are, but it is better than being naïve. Knowledge is power, especially against those motivated by short-term profit who would undermine your interest in the future of humanity.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You need to learn about the climate crisis and the many ways in which the modern industrial world is unsustainable. It is often not easy to cope with the knowledge of how screwed we are, but it is better than being naïve. Knowledge is power, especially against those motivated by short-term profit who would undermine your interest in the future of humanity.
I've seen all the rhetoric spouted by your types and all I can say is go away and leave me out of your chicken little world.
The sky isn't falling.
By the way I hope your driving a horse and buggy because anything else means that in your version of things your helping to destroy the world.

Algona

Like what?

The realistic combat system? Everybody building the same GBs? On the exact same plots of land? Polishing neighbors stuff? Trading Goods but not coins? Single cities never growing into states and nations? Not being able to build a building facing a different direction? Raising troops from the dead? Future Era troops fighting Middle Ages Troops? Every society having the exact same scientific development?*

Stuff like that?

Nevermind.

Just curious but what would your next era look like? How would you design it so that folk would wanna play it?

*Why. no. I have no objection to any of these aspects of the game, I'm quite happy with FoE as it stands.