• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.83 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Once again, we are interested in your feedback about our latest update- Changelog 1.83! Let us hear your suggestions and comments.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser14197

Am I understanding this correctly about the rogues? I can't see how them going last is an improvement. Is this on my map or GE or GVG? I think I am missing something here.

DeletedUser8152

Am I understanding this correctly about the rogues? I can't see how them going last is an improvement. Is this on my map or GE or GVG? I think I am missing something here.
It is how they are fixing the bug where when a rogue was transformed it sometimes didn't get the special abilities of the transformed unit right away. It will be on all maps.

qaccy

This change should have next to zero negative impact on battles in the higher ages, as rogues are already moving after all units except for rail guns anyway. Other than occasionally being able to poke a drone swarm that happened to deploy close enough to attack your side of the field, rogues did little more than shuffle around and wait to be transformed anyway.

For lower ages where 14 movement is actually a competitive value, this may actually have more of an effect.

DeletedUser26154

It feels funny but I don't see any problems with it. I've also been playing less than five months so keep that in mind.

DeletedUser20367

On issue that we'll have to be aware of is that since the AI attacks based on order of movement it will tend to target the real unit first after the Rogues have been transformed. Important for two wave battles.

qaccy

On issue that we'll have to be aware of is that since the AI attacks based on order of movement it will tend to target the real unit first after the Rogues have been transformed. Important for two wave battles.

Most glaringly obvious when you're only using one unit type with your rogues. Otherwise, the defenders will often try to prioritize their bonuses if given the opportunity. That does still mean that your non-rogues may be preferentially targeted, but with a mixed army it could prevent one type of unit from being attacked at all depending on how the transforms go.

Anyway, I'm more in favor of fixing buggy programming even if it means kicking rogues down half a rung on the ladder. While perhaps not the most elegant solution, never again will I have to worry about a (rogue) rail gun not being able to blast that hover tank if it's the first one to move.

DeletedUser20367

Most glaringly obvious when you're only using one unit type with your rogues. Otherwise, the defenders will often try to prioritize their bonuses if given the opportunity. That does still mean that your non-rogues may be preferentially targeted, but with a mixed army it could prevent one type of unit from being attacked at all depending on how the transforms go.

Anyway, I'm more in favor of fixing buggy programming even if it means kicking rogues down half a rung on the ladder. While perhaps not the most elegant solution, never again will I have to worry about a (rogue) rail gun not being able to blast that hover tank if it's the first one to move.

I agree completely, I'm quite a ways from rail guns so that bug hasn't affected me but I'd rather it be fixed even if it does mean taking a little extra care moving my troops around.

DeletedUser13838

The bug is a minor annoyance since it only affects at worst one units first move. Changing the order of movement is a really over the top response to fixing something like this. I don't know if it'll have a significant impact but I have a hard time believing this is the only way they know how to fix it.

DeletedUser3679

The bug is a minor annoyance since it only affects at worst one units first move. Changing the order of movement is a really over the top response to fixing something like this. I don't know if it'll have a significant impact but I have a hard time believing this is the only way they know how to fix it.

It's obviously not the only way, it's just the easiest and fastest. Gotta save time and effort for programming those all-important non-ending events.

DeletedUser14197

I agree. I guess I don't understand why people even like the way they fixed it at all, but I guess each to his own. I have rail guns. I had noticed that I couldn't attack a hover the first time and just thought that was how it was supposed to be, so would attack something else the first time and after that hovers could always be attacked. Of course, on auto, I couldnt' do this, but would assume that the auto would do basically the same thing. A shot was not lost, it was just used on something else.

DeletedUser17329

Was this tested in beta? From the fights I've had since the change today, the effect of the change is to make the AI target the non-rogue unit in a 1-7 set, which is at best annoying, and at worst crippling. All in order to fix a minor problem in the most half-assed way possible ...

DeletedUser8152

Was this tested in beta? From the fights I've had since the change today, the effect of the change is to make the AI target the non-rogue unit in a 1-7 set, which is at best annoying, and at worst crippling. All in order to fix a minor problem in the most half-assed way possible ...
Where are you fighting? GE is targeting rogues first for me. The continent map has been targeting rogues last for a while.

DeletedUser17329

In the hood, i can usually make it through my daily rotation (about 55 hoodies) losing 1-2 rails at worst. Today I was only able to get through about 20 before losing ALL of my attached rails. The issue is not that the AI doesn't pop rogues, the issue is that it IMMEDIATELY targets the one "real" unit after all of the rogues have been popped. This SIGNIFICANTLY changes how fights play out.

DeletedUser8152

I see. That makes sense though given the change in unit movement.

DeletedUser17329

What doesn't make sense is why you would take a relatively minor problem and "fix" it by changing the game's fundamental rules ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

What doesn't make sense is why you would take a relatively minor problem and fix it by changing the game's fundamental rules ...

My guess is that they wanted to make fighting harder. Now, they can, without actually coming out and doing it for no reason.... they are fixing a ..... problem. lol. Doesn't matter that it wasn't really a problem for some of us.

DeletedUser26154

I went into a battle with one Jaeger infantry and seven rogues. The first thing the AI did was run three calvary units up to my Jaeger and wiped it out, quickly followed up with five very long-ranged attacks gave five of my seven rogues dirt naps. I surrendered that fight.

DeletedUser8152

I went into a battle with one Jaeger infantry and seven rogues. The first thing the AI did was run three calvary units up to my Jaeger and wiped it out, quickly followed up with five very long-ranged attacks gave five of my seven rogues dirt naps. I surrendered that fight.
If it was not on the continent map, was it that the jaeger was the only unit the horses could reach?