• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.83 Feedback

DeletedUser14197

1st thing you learn when using 1 unit with rogues: don't let your one real unit be attacked in turn 1.

Like you can keep that from happening in the higher ages. If they want to attack my real unit, they normally can on their first move before I have even moved one unit. That is why I can't use rogues well on my continent map. There is no hiding from them and they move first.

DeletedUser13838

Well I'm refering to the ai in pvp or GE. Continent map is not the same ai and requires completely different tactics.

DeletedUser7957

Fighting was much better the way it was before this stupid update, they just keep finding new ways to ruin GvG.:mad:

qaccy

Fighting was much better the way it was before this stupid update, they just keep finding new ways to ruin GvG.:mad:

How'd it affect GvG? Are you a lower-age fighter? This change has zero effect in battles where rogues were already the last unit to move (in PE and up, against virtually everything) and has a very small effect in battles with slower units. I've been going through GE the same way as I always have, 1 rail gun +7 rogues and have noticed no more unit losses than I was seeing prior to the update. Also fought around 30 battles in GvG last night, and they went exactly as they always have.

DeletedUser14197

Well I'm refering to the ai in pvp or GE. Continent map is not the same ai and requires completely different tactics.
How'd it affect GvG? Are you a lower-age fighter? This change has zero effect in battles where rogues were already the last unit to move (in PE and up, against virtually everything) and has a very small effect in battles with slower units. I've been going through GE the same way as I always have, 1 rail gun +7 rogues and have noticed no more unit losses than I was seeing prior to the update. Also fought around 30 battles in GvG last night, and they went exactly as they always have.

Are you saying that you fight the entire GE with 1 rg and 6 rogues????? What are your bonuses? About how many troops are you losing? Are you auto fighting all your battles?

DeletedUser14197

I really think I have been losing more rail guns since the change and they have been getting more damage than before. Perhaps it is better though since rails take less time to train than rogues do and don't really cost that much to train.

DeletedUser13838

I use afv troops when I can which is maybe half the encounters and for the rest I use 1-2 rgeb and the rest rogues. I also have 15 STCsv so my bonus is 155/87

DeletedUser22888

Almost 2 years of playing fighting thousands of battles across multiple servers and everything you learn is thrown out the window because of a lazy fix. Later ages may not be affected as much but it completely alters lower age fighting. Last night I lost 20 rogues in battles that I would normally have lost 1 or 2.
Yeah I'm irked with this change and it has nothing to do with the rogues because I have 100s of them. Its the time I have to spend trying to relearn how to fight.

The worst part; if the problem is primarily due to one age why would anyone alter the entire game for that one age when you could just as easily make the change for that one age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10789

Quick take on this update:
As a player of 10 worlds and Beta, I have noticed a change on this.

1. The game is a very glitchy and in GvG my troops flash, like they are blinking at me. Could that be the next update or AFE Part 2, YES, it could be. I can't file a report on it as they tell me that I should not be playing this game on IE and for 2 years I never had a problem and my flash is updated weekly and even has the newest updates as of 2 days ago.

2. As a higher level player in my Primary World, it has benefitted me as now it is even easier for me to crush stuff with my rogues and YES, the AI NOW Targets my Main or Single Troops first, which "the game" claimed was a bug on Beta and it was being fixed, clearly that BUG has been put out now on the live servers.

3. For the lower levels, it causes them a lot of trouble in fighting with rogues. There are many in my guild who have complained about losing their main troops and the rogue not being targeted. Have we tried to discuss it and have a work around, yes we have, but it does not help everyone.

This update seems to help and assist the higher levels and hurt the lower levels. It seems like the game has decided that the Rogue is not that important anymore and I have spent a great deal on getting them and having a lot of them. That said, I find it sad that the game is always changing the way the rules are to be played, it is truly sad that "the game" cannot find the proper talent to FIX the problems and NOT have to do these petty workarounds that ONLY CAUSE YET ANOTHER ISSUE. This is totally "the game's" fault for the lack of resources dedicated to FIX THE PROBLEMS and NOT JUST PUT A Band-Aid on the problem. I say, FIX IT, FIX the servers, FIX the chat breaks, FIX the problems and allow us a fairly error free game. Heck, you spend enough on advertising and have enough sales to entice us players to pay up to play the game and some (like myself) do. What are you doing with our money, paying people, well I say HIRE the RIGHT PEOPLE TO FIX THINGS. The way the rogues were before, were FINE, NOW you mess it up. Does it benefit me, YES it does. Does it hurt a majority of the players, YES IT DOES. I am truly shocked how the game cannot see these really simple things. From a business standpoint, this is horrible, you are reducing the value of the most powerful Military Unit in the game and all the sales that it gives you, in diamond sales from people wanting them and coveting them. I really am truly shocked. It seems NO MATTER what feedback you get on Beta, you just don't care at all. Why bother having a Beta at all. Then "the game" claims this was a mistake, but you implement it anyway. Seriously, do I even have to say anything more.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser13838

Rogues are still targeted first by the pvp AI. The main difference seems to be that enemy units (mostly) preferentially target your original units once your rogues are converted.

DeletedUser25273

I would consider this possibly a good thing if you are using 'real' (attached) units, as normal units take 4 hours to replace while rogues take 24.

What this change does is bring down a bit the big advantage of the Alcatraz, which in my mind is good. Having Alcatraz + Rogues being the universal solution to combat is a negative in my mind. Making the use of real units more important I think forces more thought on fighting players.

wolfhoundtoo

Please keep in mind that for the most part the computer will target the next unit to move when they go to attack. If all of the rogues are already converted then it would be your 1 real unit that would be targeted next (mostly). You need to step back, take a deep breath, relax and actually take a few minutes to consider the best method towards beating your enemy. It won't take you that long to adapt your strategy. You could simple go to a 2/6 rogues mix or 3/6 mix if necessary. The enemy also likes to go for the wounded units so another tip could be to get one of your units wounded if possible (or to utilize a wounded rogue in your lineup to draw some of the fire).

DeletedUser22888

Seems to me that most people are missing the point and I'm assuming its because most people don't go back into the lower ages to fight often.

The AI has always targeted the next to move so this change is only a minor nuisance regarding this. In the higher ages rogues moved near last anyway and all units shoot over distance but in the lower ages neither is true. Rogues moved in the middle of the pack and only two units shoot over distance. Range and artillery defending units now move before rogues and fundamentally change the fight.

You can no longer put rogues out front so that defending rogues hit them because you have no rogues remaining. You must now hit defending rogues or be hit by a rogue. This is a fundamental change forcing people to relearn to fight or suffer huge loses in battles. I fight GvG in fast mode meaning I don't sit and contemplate every move; I move quickly based on my previous experiences. I don't always make the best move but my purpose is to take out one defending army then move on to the next battle.

With this change they are forcing me out of lower aged GvG because I am not going to relearn how to fight these ages.
My advice: go through your GvG defending armies and make sure they are heavy with range/artillery/rogues so that in the coming weeks and months as people go back to the lower ages to fight this thread will fill up with many complaints.

wolfhoundtoo

No we aren't missing the point. You simply need to relearn your strategies/tactics or do as you indicated: move out of the lower ages. to put it more bluntly "Adapt or Die". I'm aware that the change impacted the lower ages but your basic complaint is that you don't want to have to relearn the strategies. Unfortunately that tends to happen in a game that makes changes on a regular basis.

DeletedUser1753

1st thing you learn when using 1 unit with rogues: don't let your one real unit be attacked in turn 1.
The recent change to moving the rogues to last to move did cause some challenges to not get the real troops killed :D But after the 2nd attempt I had it figured out.

qaccy

Later ages may not be affected as much but it completely alters lower age fighting. Last night I lost 20 rogues in battles that I would normally have lost 1 or 2.

If that's true, it isn't because of this change. I fought through the entirety of HMA GvG the same as I always do, using 1-2 troops with 6-7 rogues, and it was just as easy as it's always been. I never lost my non-rogue unit once. And besides, how would this change cause you to lose more troops? It's not making you take more damage because it did nothing to unit stats. And as I just said, I never once had my non-rogue units go down in battle. Are you gonna say I just got lucky across the entirety of level 3 that that never happened? This change being negative is all in your head: you want to see something bad, so you see something bad.

DeletedUser14197

I don't fight my neighbors, but I do fight GE and I now lose more non rogues than I used to. Not saying I care, just saying I do.

DeletedUser22888

HMA; EMA; IA - Using 8 artillery or artillery/rogue combo the battle is much easier. 8 artillery can wipe out any defense in these ages. Though I've only fought a few battles in HMA with these changes those victories appeared to be much easier to me. Using 8 artillery you really won't care about the movement order.