• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.85 Feedback

wolfhoundtoo

I dont know on which school you were but mathematics is correct
8 x 7 = 56
and probability calculation is also correct
i dont said that every second attack the bonus works
I only said that the chance in a figth is 55,84 %

So the probability of getting one critical hit in 8 shots is the 44% (didn't bother to check the calculation) and you think this will be a huge game changer? Ultimately the overall impact will be based on just how high the players take this GB and the increase in % chance as you go over level 10.

As an earlier poster said there will be a decent chance that you might expend the hit against a unit that you would of killed otherwise. This might help players with a weak boost or against some payers with a huge dense bonus but at only 7% chance each shot it is not going to impact that hugely.

glennthenerd

I like the Orangery introducing a different bonus from the other GBs (the secondary bonus of FPs should also be useful by the time someone can get the massive pile of Arctic age goods to construct it). Players with a lot invested in fighting can go for it and others can ignore it (at 7x7, there are a lot of alternatives for that space).

DeletedUser13838

What will be the effect of a rail gun getting a critical hit vs a unit with reactive armor?

DeletedUser8152

So the probability of getting one critical hit in 8 shots is the 44% (didn't bother to check the calculation) and you think this will be a huge game changer? Ultimately the overall impact will be based on just how high the players take this GB and the increase in % chance as you go over level 10.

As an earlier poster said there will be a decent chance that you might expend the hit against a unit that you would of killed otherwise. This might help players with a weak boost or against some payers with a huge dense bonus but at only 7% chance each shot it is not going to impact that hugely.
Indeed you all have convinced me, this is probably a terrible GB. I might get it myself just because it looks neat,but I'd recommend against it for anyone else. Especially your cities in G or P world.

;)

wolfhoundtoo

To each their own. However I would like to point out that I did not tell people not to build it as we were discussing the impact on battles of this GB not whether it was worth adding it to your City. Given that it produces forge points and the possible benefit of some useful critical hits in battle the building is likely worth building. What I am saying is proclaiming that it will significantly change the field of battle is a tad premature. None of the people who posted here adequately spelled out how they thought it was a game changer - no discussion of the way battles usually work (such as the tendency to kill off 1 target then move on to the next for example) nor of any specific scenario in which they thought it might add a benefit.

As I already said before: the impact of this building will primarily be based on how much the % chance increases as you go beyond level 10 (for which I have no data. Does anyone know the benefits beyond 10 yet?).

P.S. At least one of my guilds agrees with you that this is a game changer. I'll let them test it for me. :)

DeletedUser13838

Indeed you all have convinced me, this is probably a terrible GB. I might get it myself just because it looks neat,but I'd recommend against it for anyone else. Especially your cities in G or P world.

;)
The way I look at it is it's 20 spaces for the cape plus an additional 29'spaces for the critical hit. I want it but just don't think its that useful. I'll probably build it eventually though.

DeletedUser8420

QUEST - BUILD 4 DECOS FROM YOUR AGE....
ok, the only deco listed for Artic age is the arbor that is 2x2 and paid for with diamonds....so if said quest does not give alternative lower age deco...how about you offer a Artic Age deco that does not require using diamonds to build. Yes there is a possibility of getting said deco during expeditions but not guaranteed.

So right now I am aborting approx. 80% of quests because of the requirement to use diamonds or hold onto the quests for extraordinary long time in order to complete them.

DeletedUser8152

QUEST - BUILD 4 DECOS FROM YOUR AGE....
ok, the only deco listed for Artic age is the arbor that is 2x2 and paid for with diamonds....so if said quest does not give alternative lower age deco...how about you offer a Artic Age deco that does not require using diamonds to build. Yes there is a possibility of getting said deco during expeditions but not guaranteed.

So right now I am aborting approx. 80% of quests because of the requirement to use diamonds or hold onto the quests for extraordinary long time in order to complete them.
Don't you have like a million flower arbors from GE prizes etc? If not, tube entrances are non-premium AF deco.

DeletedUser8420

Already used up the arbors and haven't reached the tube entrance on the tech yet.

wolfhoundtoo

is the tube entrance a deco? If so then you have the possibility of a non diamond decoration. You would just need to tech up to get it.

qaccy

Already used up the arbors and haven't reached the tube entrance on the tech yet.

That's your problem. Unlock them in tech and you've got a quest that basically completes itself. And it's cheaper than the pay coin/supply repeatables as well, before you say 'but those decos are expensive to build'.

lemonwedgie

Panacea says: "The Orangery will be only available after mobile (1.85) is released and forced on Wednesday. September 28th. While the release will happen today, we have to wait for the app to be available worldwide before the Orangery will be available and wanted you to be aware."

What the heck? We're told its today and then in the middle of the night Panacea whispers "oh, but its not really available til Weds" ...

lemonwedgie

So. No chance of BPs for the nice new GB and todays apple special is the Shrine of Awefulness ... could our FoE day get any worse? *snaugh*

DeletedUser8420

That's your problem. Unlock them in tech and you've got a quest that basically completes itself. And it's cheaper than the pay coin/supply repeatables as well, before you say 'but those decos are expensive to build'.
Well that is more than rude...it takes time to complete techs with number of fps and goods need jacko...so until I am able to complete the tech I have to abort the quests.