• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.90 Feedback

DeletedUser13360

Simple solution: Stop using FE units to battle AF units. They're an age lower, you're just making things harder on yourself by using them. You're not having poor results simply because Rail Guns were weakened, but because the AF units are actually powerful now and you're handicapping yourself out of stubbornness. Battle Fortresses, Raiders, Dragon Drones, and Plasma Artillery are all very usable units. Tell me, in any cities you may have that happen to be in a lower age, are you using prior age troops to complete GE in those as well? For example, are you using PE units to complete GE in a ME city? How about using Colonial troops to complete Industrial GE? Furthermore, why would you when you have access to units that you know are better?
I am not convinced the Plasma Artillery are any better than the Rails. They can't hit flying units, and I just don't see them delivering much in the way of damage against Heavy units, which it is supposed to be boosted against.

Algona

Dear LS, PLEASE quit USING all CAPS so MUCH. Also PLEASE don't PRESUME to SPEAK for OTHER players UNLESS they GIVE you A proxy.

I totally understand why you are pissed. Seriously. But if you didn't dump huge quantities of text, you would NOT NEED TO EMPHASIZE WITH ALL CAPS.

Preach on, my brother, just not so loudly, please.

DeletedUser10789

Wasn't me who said that, you said they were easy to beat on defense, as if that's a justification for them being 'fine' the way they were. You know the defense AI is stupid, and is a poor argument to use for saying that a unit is 'fine the way it is'. In the hands of players, as an attacker, RGs were completely unbalanced. They beat everything, and you can't say that about any other FE unit. You even outright admitted that you wouldn't use Exoskeleton Soldiers as one example, why is that? Are you agreeing that the units are not balanced and that RGs were much better than they were in all situations? How about the rest of the units? Same thing applies, right? Forget about defending armies because again, the AI is stupid. In the hands of a human player, the one doing the attacking, there was no reason to use anything other than RGs in basically every battle, especially when combined with rogues. Even if they weren't the best unit to kill what was on the other side, they almost always took less damage than even the units that were. It boils down to this: If you could have only one unit in FE, which one would it be? The thousands you have stocked up already provide the answer. There would not have been any 'well, in this situation this unit is better' because compared to RGs, all other FE units were completely useless. Now the scales have tipped to be much, much more even among all the FE units and you and the rest of the lazy players who just want to click an 'I win' button can't seem to handle nor grasp that.

And no, RGs being at the end of the (FE) tech tree does not mean that they should be the best unit, nor stronger than all the others. There is very little correlation between a unit's position in the tech tree and its capabilities in battle, certainly not enough to try using it to justify 'this unit should be invincible'.

qaccy,
So, I take it you use each and every troops from each and every age.? Come on, I call BS on that. NO ONE DOES, period. We all know, those of us who are serious fighters, what the best troops are and what are not. Why would I want to use an Exo Soldier, when they are horrible and wait, you now want to force them on me, because YOU FEEL like the other units are too powerful and strong. PLEASE. That is the most ridiculous statement I ever heard and just by saying that, I know how much of a fighter you are. Please.

The AI is stupid, but then ask me this one.....If you have 8 troops remaining on the battle field and 1 of them is weak, it could be way back out of the way, which one does the AI target.? YES, the hurt one, so the AI is not as stupid as you claim. WHAT you should have said is this....The game, AI System, is based on a platform by which it has patterns based off of what troops are located on the opposite side of the battlefield. These Patterns vary according to elements in the game that causes the AI to move accordingly. There, you have it now....That means, the AI is NOT STUPID. The AI is programmed to make certain moves based on the other side of the battlefield. A SMART player or someone who is like a Chess Player can see moves ahead and moves accordingly. I was taught by a guy who was an excellent fighter, that I will notice patterns and then I will be able to see how the AI moves and I can adjust accordingly. Do you know how long this took.? It took me about 1-1.5 years to see it and figure it out. Now I am pretty darn good at figuring out what will happen next. Don't believe me, ask anyone in my Primary World about me telling someone what to use and how to use it, and what moves the AI makes and what units they will target. I have become pretty darn good at it. But you see, this is me. This is my passion for the game to notice these things. I am NOT that person who loads up 1 Rail and 7 Rogues and clicks AUTO. Do you know who that is.? That's someone who thinks the Rails are the best UNIT in Future Age and we can argue about it, but the reality is EACH AGE has that ONE UNIT that EVERYONE ENDS UP USING, or do you want to disagree about that too.?

You see, here in lies the issue and the problem. What these More On "developers" did, what just to cut off the true power behind a Rail Gun, PERIOD and END OF STORY. NOW, my point is now this....WHY would anyone want to get them.? WHY would anyone want to spend real money to get them from the Presents.? Because they are NOW NOT WORTH IT. So, in reality, the joke is on the Company because all they did was hurt their own sales and as you can see now, they are NOT smart business people either. I have said numerous things before to make them a lot more money, yet they cannot see past their massive ego's to learn about business. Sure, some people get lucky with certain things, like a game and that's great they made a lot of money from it, but now DO NOT FORGET there is a lot more going on there than meets the eye. You fail to see the evolution of the game and how it should progress. When I started the game, I think Modern Age or PME was the end or last age. People wanted to rush to those ages and get those items. I remember when CE came out and people wanted Strike Teams badly and tanks. I still know someone who thinks Helicopters are great, lol. But that is one person's style of fighting, there is NO one solution for each battle. People use different troops, as some like snipers when my thought of snipers is to laugh at them and crush them with my stealth tanks. Then some would love the blasters and while they hurt my tanks, there is a way for me to knock them off fast too and I assure you it is not with snipers. But I digress. What I am trying to say is that NO ONE USES ALL THE TROOPS IN ALL THE AGES, that's is not only laughable it shows a lack of foresight. EVERYONE knows each age has it troops that is the MUST HAVE, MUST WANT. Now all they did was take that troop away. Why bother with RAILS when they are paper thin. The way they were, you had to think about how to beat them. Do you know how long it took me to figure that one out.? Several months to get to 1 move and then Auto on a Rail Gun. Here you want me to give you my super easy trick.? You want everyone to know and profit off of my hard work and my dedication to finding a solution. WRONG, not going to happen, why, because I figured it out and I had the ability to do so. I DON'T AUTO because I choose to fight the best way I can and I will bet you 1000 Diamonds, I have more Perfect rounds of fighting, where I do not even take one hit from the enemy (AI) than you have fights in Future Age. Why, because that's me. That's my way. I choose to be that person who sits and looks at the Chess Board and see 10 moves ahead, why, because that is the way my mind works. I enjoy that part of it. I laugh at anyone who thinks fighting is taking 1 Rail and 7 Rogues and hits AUTO. That's NOT a fighter, that a casual player who wants a short cut. But so what, that is what they do. So, you want to penalize that player because that is what they want to do.? Who do you think you are, the PC Police.? The control over everyone because they DO NOT USE EVERY TROOP THERE IS. REALLY.? People have different styles, at least have respect for those players and if you hate me so much, that's fine. I really do not care what others say or think about me. I can do as I wish on my place and you cannot control that part of my game.

Remember, I pay to play this game, or at least use too. That was my choice, did you ever pay to play this game.? Don't sit there and try to lecture me about troops when I can tell you what will happen next with what troop and which one will hit me and why, I took the time to sit and figure that out. Yes, I did spend a lot of time doing that and YES, I have a real life too. Do you know who I am, I am that guy whom you call and ask me how to make money in the Stock Market. I make people a lot of money and have since I was 17 years old. I retired at 31 from Wall Street with a lot of money in my accounts, WHY, because I was good at doing that. I am a numbers guy, a finance guy and I love the law. Do I sound like a snotty arrogant person, yes that sure just did but I assure you I am not in real life or here on the game either. Ask around about me, I give away more than I make here, because I can and I enjoy it. It makes me smile knowing I can help someone, that's who I am. I am someone who stands up for the little guy and says here you go. I will bet you this, we have a little over 75 people in our guild, in my primary world, and we have ONLY 11 people Future Age and ABOVE. YET we have 26 people with ARC's in our guild. Can you figure out why.? I will bet you that we have more people in IA, EMA, HMA with ARC's than any other guild out there. Of those 26, 24 came from my goods and from me. Do I take credit for it, this is probably the 2nd time I have, I just know some strategy to the game and I play it and strive for excellence. That's who I am, I am one of those guys who creates things and thinks up ideas to make someone enjoy the game and become passionate about it. So, before you go judging me thinking I am that guy who wants an advantage, you misjudged me, I am the guy figuring out a solution to something. Yes, I am that guy. I have had a lot of help too from great people and I was taught a lot here, but 85% of what I know, I learned the hard way, on my own. Now I pay it forward. Now our guild does that for everyone new and everyone all together. We are not the best, we are not the worst, but I will bet you anything anyone on H World knows that I am a nice guy who speaks the truth. Our # 1 player is in my hood and use to plunder me daily. I learned by watching how he did it many tricks and he even said I am too nice. I speak the truth and the truth is, DOING WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG ON MANY LEVELS.

If they wanted to balance them out, work it out on Beta First and get the testing done there and find the right solution. By the way, I hardly ever just used 1 Rail and 7 Rogues, hardly. I found way better units and combos to use, but that's just me. They have a TESTING PLATFORM for a reason and they have feedback for a reason. You know this, we all do. Why not use it.? Why bring out crap all the time, before it is tested fully. They NEUTERED the RAILS, whether you choose to accept it or not, it happened and it was WRONG. Every part of it was wrong. They screwed us all and now they are screwing themselves, you will see. But it is Ok, you seem to be way smarter than I am. HAHA. Because you think the RAILS are too strong and too powerful shows me that you are that guy who does just that, loads them up and clicks Auto. It shows me you lack creativity. Most importantly, it shows me you truly do not understand troops strengths and weaknesses. The RAIL has a major flaw, now it's FLAW is extremely exaggerated and they are paper thin. Maybe you just like Swarms and that's fine, that's your idea of fighting.

You miss the big picture, what they did was HURT the INTEGRITY OF THE GAME and now they will ONLY hurt themselves, watch and see what I mean. Who has faith in a company or any game that will compromise the aspects of the game and then think that the game will 1. Listen to them and 2. Even care about them.??? It is easy to make a game, hard to get players, harder to get dedicated players BUT EVEN HARDER to repair TRUST ONCE IT IS BROKEN. We, (the players of the game) when we bought any item for money in the game believed that we would be able to use that items by which we were originally expressed to us it would be used. Once that TRUST is broken it is very hard to get back. So what's next a Concert Hall go from having 5,860 Happiness down to 4,000 Happiness because it is too powerful and gives you too much happiness. Don't laugh, this is my point, a 600 Diamond Item that someone pays for, believing they will ALWAYS get that 5,860 Happiness, ONLY to have it taken down, NEUTERED and lessoned it's value, well I paid 600 Diamonds for it and if I knew you were going to do that to it, I might not have paid 600 Diamonds for it. You may think that is wrong or a bad way to look at it, it's NOT, it is the same thing. Now that the game does that, does that leave me with a good or bad feeling about what happened.? Does that now make me think twice next time in spending my 600 diamonds. But wait it gets better, I think to myself, why I am buying anything now. It's that mind set that will DESTROY THE GAME. Maybe you do not understand simple business and how it works and/or the ancillary causes and effects it has on business. Me now, I will NOT spend 1 dime on the game and I am on the verge of quitting. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. Do you think I will want to pay again for ANYTHING IN THIS GAME.? NO, I won't want too. Because of their lack of empathy for the players or the people paying their salaries. It's that simple. Who wants to buy something NOT KNOWING if it will remain the same in a week, a month or worse a year. Maybe now you see my point about the causes and effects of any and all decisions made here on the game and why I personally believe either management is not included on these decisions or management is just too arrogant about what I said and they think we are all dumb which is actually worse as you are just someone feeding their coffer's. Good Luck with that one. NOT ME ANYMORE.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Dear LS, PLEASE quit USING all CAPS so MUCH. Also PLEASE don't PRESUME to SPEAK for OTHER players UNLESS they GIVE you A proxy.

I totally understand why you are pissed. Seriously. But if you didn't dump huge quantities of text, you would NOT NEED TO EMPHASIZE WITH ALL CAPS.

Preach on, my brother, just not so loudly, please.

Sorry Algona, it's just habit. I will try better and sorry about that. I understand and see what YOU MEAN. :)
Seriously, I will try.

Steve - LordStevie

PS. About a Proxy, the term proxy is derived for the expressed use in a VOTE. Since we are NOT voting here, a Proxy is an incorrect term for that statement. As such, The term WE, is meant for those of us who play a game and an example. Most of the time, WE, is meant as defined as all of us collectively know something, which WE can all agree on. It is implied and therefore is justified. We as players, does not mean, WE ALL, it means WE collectively understand such terms and such. Understand.? So, a Proxy is A. not needed as we are not voting and I am not asking for your proxy to in essence vote under your direction and B. The word Proxy is a miss definition of you using it in this form. Nice try though.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

I still take out Battle Fortresses most of the time in 2 hits with a Rail Gun. The AF Champ is much better than the Battle Fortress.

I disagree. Champions may hit harder, but they take far more damage in return, especially against the high bonus levels in GE. Even the Behemoth is a better alternative to the Champion. Hits even harder, force field gives it more defensive capability than the Champion, and even occasionally gets stealth. When I originally looked at their movement stat I thought that would be a problem, but as it turns out Behemoths have reduced movement cost on nearly all types of terrain so they get around almost as well as any other non-flying unit. Champions seem to be the weakest of the three AF heavy units, honestly. They do have unique unit bonuses, but does that really help them? I don't think it does.

EDIT: Also, if you're going to use how quickly RGs kill them as a metric, I'm pretty sure all 3 of them would go down in 2 shots. The Behemoth has the largest chance to survive though, as Power Shot does not ignore Force Field.

Why would I want to use an Exo Soldier, when they are horrible

So it's okay for them to be bad and you don't care, but even though RGs are still generally always better than they are it bothers you that their defense was lowered?

Because you think the RAILS are too strong and too powerful shows me that you are that guy who does just that, loads them up and clicks Auto. It shows me you lack creativity. Most importantly, it shows me you truly do not understand troops strengths and weaknesses.

You took a real leap in logic here. How does understanding why RGs needed to be and got changed show a lack of creativity? The fact still is, RGs were far too powerful as they were. In a bit of irony, they're STILL powerful in terms of attack power, they're just not invincible anymore, but they're still definitely far from 'worthless', that's just being hyperbolic. You can argue otherwise until you're blue in the face, but the fact is RGs were too strong. You say changing them 'hurts the integrity of the game', but I say that changing them to create better balance between units actually strengthens it. They were detracting heavily from the strategy of battle, and their continued presence as-is was hurting all future additions to the game. Let me ask you a question: As objective as the term can be, how would you personally create a unit that's better than the pre-change RG? And no, you're not allowed to say 'Power Shot but no Reload' because that is even WORSE for balance.

One other thing I'd like to point out is that, despite the length of my posts compared to yours, you seem to be the one who's more often skipping over things I say or otherwise completely misinterpreting them. And you need to learn how to summarize or I'm going to stop taking the time to read your posts at all, as I'm sure other people already do. Though at this point since we seem to be just talking in circles and this has turned into more of a one-on-one argument than actual feedback, it may be best if I do that anyway.

Last edited:

Algona

Sorry Algona, it's just habit. I will try better and sorry about that. I understand and see what YOU MEAN. :)
Seriously, I will try.

Steve - LordStevie

PS. About a Proxy, the term proxy is derived for the expressed use in a VOTE. Since we are NOT voting here, a Proxy is an incorrect term for that statement. As such, The term WE, is meant for those of us who play a game and an example. Most of the time, WE, is meant as defined as all of us collectively know something, which WE can all agree on. It is implied and therefore is justified. We as players, does not mean, WE ALL, it means WE collectively understand such terms and such. Understand.? So, a Proxy is A. not needed as we are not voting and I am not asking for your proxy to in essence vote under your direction and B. The word Proxy is a miss definition of you using it in this form. Nice try though.

Much appreciated boss.

Quibbling about definitions? Uh, no thanks, you can argue with Merriam and/or Webster.

DeletedUser14197

I'm not going to argue against that. But then it would make more sense to complain when something bad is implemented in the game, not when something is fixed. For instance, it sounds like they will be providing a tavern availability indicator soon. I think that should have been present from the start, and I'm sympathetic to complaints that it wasn't. But if they actually do implement it later, I would not very well understand complaining then about the change.

If you want to say that railguns should have been fixed long ago and complain about how long it took, OK. But that doesn't seem to be the actual issue here.

Here is the point. Say you buy a new phone. You buy it according to what it says it has. Now say the company says, after you buy it, that it is taking away one of the advantages of the phone that you use. They would go out of business. Now, if after a year, they wanted to add something to your phone, that they could do.

I did not buy Rail guns with money. However, perhaps some people did. Regardless, the same principle applies. The purpose of going to Beta first, is to get the product right before it comes here. This is not the testing world. I could NEVER recommend this game to anyone. I may be addicted, but I certainly wouldn't want to encourage anyone else to get addicted to a game that doesn't seem to know how to create a game without nerfing things after they come out.

qaccy

I did not buy Rail guns with money. However, perhaps some people did. Regardless, the same principle applies.

This game is free to play, which means that any spending on it is optional and isn't really the same as making a purchase, since you typically cannot get something like a 'new phone' for free unless there are strings attached. But again, this game is provided as-is for free so players assume any responsibility for the money they spend having differing value as the game continues to update. It's not really that much different from buying a premium supply building in the Arctic Future, even though you 'know' that there are better options for your money coming in the Oceanic Future and beyond.

DeletedUser8420

This game is free to play, which means that any spending on it is optional and isn't really the same as making a purchase, since you typically cannot get something like a 'new phone' for free unless there are strings attached. But again, this game is provided as-is for free so players assume any responsibility for the money they spend having differing value as the game continues to update. It's not really that much different from buying a premium supply building in the Arctic Future, even though you 'know' that there are better options for your money coming in the Oceanic Future and beyond.

Stating that it took nearly a year for the Devs to see that their unit which they created was "too powerful" again means they don't think things through and ignore their players on beta. Equals to being incompetent.... Then shrugging off the feedback as a "whatever" attitude with the above statement .....Which is why more and more people are refusing to buy diamonds for their hard earned cash. Without those people paying for said items, how long do you think Inno will stay in business. If they don't make money they will fail as a business? So your statement is really insulting to those same players and another reason why you seem to have no idea that things of this nature are pushing players away. Of course if Inno doesn't care about that so be it... and why people are losing interest in playing.

DeletedUser14197

This is NOT a beta game! They do not hand us diamonds to try things out and give feedback on them. If I was playing the Beta version I would expect that things might get nerfed occasionally. And of course it is not like buying a supply building, knowing tht a better one awaits. This is like buying items and not realizing they are going to nerf them. And for me it is like putting HOURS into figuring out how to make it thru 3 levels of GE only to have to relearn it, and having to figure out what to use against what. For me this takes a lot of time.

DeletedUser26154

see what YOU MEAN
IF everyone TYPES like THIS for OUR forum IMPUT, it WILL trigger A gamma RADIATION induced RAGE among ALL the FOE forum MODERATOR staff, TURNING them ALL big AND green AND very STRONG. the MADDER they GET, the STRONGER they BECOME.

images.jpg

It's all because of us.

ITown

And for me it is like putting HOURS into figuring out how to make it thru 3 levels of GE only to have to relearn it, and having to figure out what to use against what. For me this takes a lot of time.

That's true every time you age up as well. Why is that a problem now but not when you've aged up in the past?

DeletedUser14197

That's true every time you age up as well. Why is that a problem now but not when you've aged up in the past?

Well, actually it hasn't been a part of my past. I have never aged up since GE started and since I don't want to go to artic, I do not plan on doing it any time soon. I am not close enough to do right now anyway. It doesn't matter. If I get bored I will do some GE slowly in my future age city. It simply isn't like my other cities. In the lower ages, I never had to put as much effort into GE. I just look at what I am up against and pretty much decide on the spot which units to use. With Future it isn't like that. I tried different things and have a sheet listing the battles, what I was up against and what I tried. I have tried using exos recently and they died to easily. It isn't like I am up against 2 unit types. I tried on my continent map. I am up against 4 or 5 unit types. I just couldn't find anything that didn't die too easily and I was in a hurry as I had to finish the section in order to scout a province. I simply negotiated, something I never do. I will do some GE if I get bored. I doubt I will even get thru level 2, but maybe I will experiemenet with troops. But, if I had known I couldn't fight with the units I had, I would not have built the temple and I would not have raised it to a level 10. This is the only game I know that changes the rules to your disadvantage in the middle of the game.

ITown

Well, actually it hasn't been a part of my past. I have never aged up since GE started and since I don't want to go to artic, I do not plan on doing it any time soon. I am not close enough to do right now anyway. It doesn't matter. If I get bored I will do some GE slowly in my future age city. It simply isn't like my other cities. In the lower ages, I never had to put as much effort into GE. I just look at what I am up against and pretty much decide on the spot which units to use. With Future it isn't like that. I tried different things and have a sheet listing the battles, what I was up against and what I tried. I have tried using exos recently and they died to easily. It isn't like I am up against 2 unit types. I tried on my continent map. I am up against 4 or 5 unit types. I just couldn't find anything that didn't die too easily and I was in a hurry as I had to finish the section in order to scout a province. I simply negotiated, something I never do. I will do some GE if I get bored. I doubt I will even get thru level 2, but maybe I will experiemenet with troops. But, if I had known I couldn't fight with the units I had, I would not have built the temple and I would not have raised it to a level 10. This is the only game I know that changes the rules to your disadvantage in the middle of the game.

If you find it so difficult to beat the GE fights in FE, why not advance to Arctic where you don't have to fight the same difficult battles?

Regardless, if you're manually battling the fights, have close to 90% attack, and have access to rogues, I really don't understand why the level 2 fights are difficult for you.

But if you send me a private message with the unit combinations that you're having trouble beating, I will be happy to give you suggestions.

DeletedUser14197

If you find it so difficult to beat the GE fights in FE, why not advance to Arctic where you don't have to fight the same difficult battles?

Regardless, if you're manually battling the fights, have close to 90% attack, and have access to rogues, I really don't understand why the level 2 fights are difficult for you.

But if you send me a private message with the unit combinations that you're having trouble beating, I will be happy to give you suggestions.

I may be able to do level 2. I only went thru half of it before I got discouraged and quit. It doesn't mean I couldn't win. It means I got discouraged cause I kept losing too many troops. I have 12 strike teams and all my great buildings to level 10. So I have good bonuses. I simply no longer know how to beat the enemy and I simply am not up to working at doing it right now. Maybe eventually I will feel differently. I already went thru asking and getting advice and trying different units till I got something that worked for me. That is the whole point. I do not feel like having to go thru that again.

As far as auto or manual. I used to know which ones I could do auto and which ones I needed to manually fight. Of course that has changed too.

I don't want to go to artic. I have not heard anything good about it. The ship sounds like it is a nuisance and the tech tree does too. I would not have any barraks till I probably got a distance into the artic age tech tree, so would probably still not be able to do GE for awhile. Really it is probably time for a break from this game. But, at least I am down to 3 cities, from 6. And actually I enjoy my LMA and contemporary age cities, so I simply will not bother with GE in my future age city for awhile unless I am bored. Really it is ok. I think doing GE in 2 cities is enough.

DeletedUser8420

You age up by choice, but it is a different matter to have the rug pulled out from under you after you have spent hours upon hours using the rules given only to have them changed to your DISADVANTANGE. So the it is NOT the same as aging up.

ITown

You age up by choice, but it is a different matter to have the rug pulled out from under you after you have spent hours upon hours using the rules given only to have them changed to your DISADVANTANGE. So the it is NOT the same as aging up.
No, it's not the same, but that is beside the point. As someone who plays this game, you surely must expect the GE fights to change over time. Since I entered the Arctic Future, the GE fights have changed significantly at least 6 times. Not once have I complained.

DeletedUser14197

No, it's not the same, but that is beside the point. As someone who plays this game, you surely must expect the GE fights to change over time. Since I entered the Arctic Future, the GE fights have changed significantly at least 6 times. Not once have I complained.

The forum is for feedback, negative and positive. My feedback on this issue is negative. Why fight me on it. Accept it. I am not happy with this recent change. I do not believe it is right to change teh rules in the middle of the game so ddrastically. Your feedback is positive. You love change. You never complain. (actually that isn't feedback. It is bragging). And of course it is not beside the point, because you used it to further your cause, so you made it the point.