• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changes to UBQ

• Thread starter DeletedUser31434
  • Start date

DeletedUser30312

I'll be honest. I take advantage of RQs myself, though not to the whole HQS extent, and I do see it as something of an exploit. It's not really rule breaking in and of itself, but one of those emergent gameplay things that pops up as players min-max their gaming strategies. I can see Inno trying to nerf it a bit, especially when taken to great extremes.

RazorbackPirate

Circling back to the question of the current use of RQ looping being a Loophole vs Intended, I found a page that has all the press releases we see on the game homepage going back to 2/14 and the announcement of GvG. At the end of 5/15 they released PME and had this to say in the description. (heavily redacted for brevity)

from The Forge of Empires team on 5/24/14 at 4:49 am
Hello Kings and Queens,

Postmodern Era

The Postmodern Era introduces the eventful period of the 1970s and 80s to the game.

Play through up to 54 story quests that are tailored to your game progress better than ever before!
Conquer 12 new provinces, featuring a jungle-theme
55 new abortable quests: Help Rinbin make his favorite TV show, invent space flight and deal with a homecoming veteran of war
plus 11 recurring quests for the Postmodern Era

Seems the new recurring quests were something being promoted as part of normal expected game play.

DeletedUser3882

Seems the new recurring quests were something being promoted as part of normal expected game play.
Well, yes and no... Expected as in “new” content as every age has released with new quests. Again, have to go look but ages prior to this all had the same RQs whereas afterward each age has slightly differing ones.
That’s not saying that they are promoting RQs, but moreso after two full years at that point, the quests had become stale and they needed an update.

- KQ -

Does inno really want to risk lawsuits from scores of ppl who develop carpal tunnel b/c they were too careless to make things easier for players? End the madness! Switch the ubq back to one click pays all convenience.

I'm typing this reply with a pencil clamped between my teeth. I've got a cramp in my jaw and a spasm in my neck, but my wrist feels fine ;)

Seriously, I'm sorry that anyone develops carpal tunnel from doing repetitive tasks. The person in charge of making sure our workplace was ergonomically correct suggested using a wireless trackball and wrist pads for both the keyboard and trackball to help prevent carpal tunnel or alleviate the symptoms. I found that it helped me a lot. I also find the wireless trackball to be a lot more efficient at getting the job done with a lot less wrist movement.

RazorbackPirate

Well, yes and no... Expected as in “new” content as every age has released with new quests. Again, have to go look but ages prior to this all had the same RQs whereas afterward each age has slightly differing ones.
That’s not saying that they are promoting RQs, but moreso after two full years at that point, the quests had become stale and they needed an update.
In the full context, they're announcing all of the new quests and promoting them as normal game play. This does not support the 'hidden exploit loophole' theory. They not only promote the new RQs, they promote the 55 Side and Bonus Quests as Abortable. This is the Era just following the release of Chat. While certainly not as widespread as it is today, by then the devs clearly knew how this was all fitting together.