• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Coins, supplies, decimal points and time to think about it

DeletedUser17265

when I could keep discussing it with you guys? Give yourself a gold star for not saying that the "allotted space" couldn't be widened.

DeletedUser17265

you could try placing square pegs into round holes all day when I know you know well enough the square peg goes in the square hole and the round one in the round.
if there were a choice! And I'm not making a proposal because what do I have to do everything?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17558

And I'm not making a proposal because what do I have to do everything?

Because you are the one with the problem. I like it the way it is and you prefer that it was something else. If you truly care enough about something than try to make a positive change instead of impotently complaining about it. Honestly, if you were to put out a proposal asking for a toggle in the setting so you can have it however you want, I would vote yes. As it stands, if YOU want something to change, then YOU are the one who has to do something about it.

DeletedUser10517

Details? I meant to spare you this. ok. so let me start by saying. You asked for it.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with an "inner accountant" feeling annoyed by this, so I figured I'd share the opinion. Here it is. With the decimal representation we are rounding down. which means- when I have 295.2 million coins I can't know if I have 295,200,000 or if I have 295,299,999 coins without launching a research project. Say I'm collecting 33,000 coins at a collection, that's 3 chances of losing count in my head before the decimal is scheduled to change.
When I started the game I had an exact read out what I had for years until the change over. Likely when you started the game, you had an exact read out. Every coin counted and it's easy to lose sight. If you stop collecting coins and continue spending, eventually you will care more than you already have about 99,999 coins sighted in your example.

Are you kidding??

Why on Earth do you need to see 295,345,678 on the read out when 295.3 is cleaner to look at, easy to see.....plus the longer information is still accessible by hovering?

DeletedUser17265

you count the paper tho. you'd know if they gave you ten as opposed to nineteen. no? would you go to the store and not count any of your change 3 times in a row? Probably not?
kindly, read the whole thread before you post.:)

DeletedUser17265

well you know what they say. "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink."

DeletedUser8152

What if you lead the horse to 11.2354873 gallons of water though?

DeletedUser17265

we quote ourselves when a question asked was already answered. we laugh at our own jokes when nobody else will.

Austin Millbarge -"we mock what we don't understand." in this case it's what?

DeletedUser8152

Sorry geandhorn, really meant more of a teasing than a mocking vibe... like I said before I think you're entitled to your opinion, its just not one I share.

DeletedUser17265

you don't think there should be a choice? why not?

apology accepted.

DeletedUser10517

apology accepted.
There is a choice.

You can view the 275.3 version as it is or CHOOSE to hover over to see the 275.789.345 version.

We all have the same choice.

If you had the full number showing all the time....then there would be no choice.

DeletedUser17265

are you quoting yourself? :)yes. we have established that you can hover. what has been inferred is that a choice would be to have that dynamic reversed. (i.e. if you want, you can hover for the 275.3) I would choose that because then I wouldn't have to collect my coins 4 separate occasions before seeing my total change.
how it is now, is akin to going to the store in real life 4 times and not counting if they gave me 19 dollars change or only 10 and that being the rule.
would you like that to be the rule in real life? would you like to have to put on a pair of hover glasses every time you went to market to spend a 20?

DeletedUser17558

are you quoting yourself? :)yes. we have established that you can hover. what has been inferred is that a choice would be to have that dynamic reversed. (i.e. if you want, you can hover for the 275.3) I would choose that because then I wouldn't have to collect my coins 4 separate occasions before seeing my total change.
how it is now, is akin to going to the store in real life 4 times and not counting if they gave me 19 dollars change or only 10 and that being the rule.
would you like that to be the rule in real life? would you like to have to put on a pair of hover glasses every time you went to market to spend a 20?

That is a false equivalency and you know it. Quit comparing meager amounts of real money that has actual value to pixels that represent something that doesn't actually exist. YOU are accomodated by being able to hover. What would be the purpose of hovering over the whole number just to see the rounded number? How OCD are you that you need to manually add up the coins you collect daily? Do you distrust Inno that much? I can see being obsessive over diamonds, those do represent actual value, but coins? Am I taking crazy pills?

DeletedUser17265

Hey this is the last I'll say on the subject. words are cheap. integrity is one of them. (i.e. it ain't hard to get.)

It doesn't matter… spoken like the game doesn't impose inflation.

all I wanted was to hear your opinions like I stated in my thread opening.

If people only ever waited for mass outcry when would the internet arrive? or artworks you enjoy. or other people for that matter. when all is said and done, does it matter? yes it does. no it doesn't.
try not to see the world thru rose colored hover glasses.

- g

DeletedUser8152

Not sure what choice you're referring to. If it's a question of how the display should work, I vote for having it work the way I like it.

If you're suggesting there should be an option to set it either way, I would support that if it seemed like a large number of people felt strongly about it. Otherwise I think the number of options should be kept to a minimum to keep the game simple.

Based on the (certainly sparse) evidence in this discussion but also the lack of common complaints about this, I don't believe that there are a large number of people who strongly desire this option.

DeletedUser13452

If you don't like it, propose a change, simple as that. If you don't get what you want, that's the way it is. No need to get hostile with other players. They don't make the game, they just play it. :) I personally don't care how my resources are displayed.