• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Considering doing a complete overhaul as an IndA player. Should I wait until I unlock high-rises?

• Thread starter DeletedUser11247
  • Start date

DeletedUser11247

http://m.imgur.com/4jw25aD
Here's my rough draft of what my IndA city could look like, which I think is more or less organized (still needs a few finishing touches)
Now, PE is right around the corner and with it two-lane roads. It'd be pretty hard to renovate every single lane road and house into their PE counterparts, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and construct my city as the picture above, then tear everything down and rebuild it again to match PE standards, or whether I should tough out my current set up, which is filled with gambrel roofs and is very unorganized and then rebuild it to match PE standards. The first choice means I would need to rebuild my city twice, and the second choice just once.

wolfhoundtoo

http://m.imgur.com/4jw25aD
Here's my rough draft of what my IndA city could look like, which I think is more or less organized (still needs a few finishing touches)
Now, PE is right around the corner and with it two-lane roads. It'd be pretty hard to renovate every single lane road and house into their PE counterparts, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and construct my city as the picture above, then tear everything down and rebuild it again to match PE standards, or whether I should tough out my current set up, which is filled with gambrel roofs and is very unorganized and then rebuild it to match PE standards. The first choice means I would need to rebuild my city twice, and the second choice just once.

Hi rises are near the end of PE. Assuming that you want to build PE goods you'll need to do at least a partial conversion to 2 lane roads. Where are you on the map? Do you know what boosts you'll have?

DeletedUser11247

I know what both of my IndA goods boosts are, but no idea about my PE boosts. I also haven't seen any PE units on the map, but I'm expecting more IndA enemy units.
Ok, so high rises are still far away, but it seems you're confronted with buildings requiring two lane buildings almost immediately after unlocking PE. Should I prepare for that instead of maximizing productivity IndA-style?

wolfhoundtoo

Well the easiest way to handle the two lane roads at 1st is have only Well I'd probably wait till I entered PE and do a revamp at that point with 2 lane roads for goods only. then at the end of PE you can redo it for your time in modern (since you'll be almost out of PE by the time you get those hi rises).

DeletedUser11247

Build 2 lane roads only for goods buildings? Are you telling me I should stick to lamp factories so I don't have to build two lane roads for supply buildings?

wolfhoundtoo

That's up to you....but I didn't do a full city makeover to accommodate 2 lane roads till after I got hi rises. I put in just enough for the goods buildings I needed but I had a LOT of excess supplies by the time I reached PE.

Algona

How many of your long term buildings (Event Buildings, GBs, that sort of thing) only need 1 lane roads?

I'm in PME and still over half my city works on one lane roads.

If you have a lot of one lane road buildings break your city in two parts. Put all the one lane stuff that you don't plan to sell any time soon in that part, then you can ignore it for a long long time.

Then you can use the other part of your city for development of your two lane buildings.

This saves you a big chunk of space in reducing 2 lane road usage and makes future redesigns a lot easier.

DeletedUser28459

I'm in PE and have a goods building that is not producing. I have Tarmac adjacent to my town hall but the goods building is adjacent to a brick lane. How do I make the building produce?

DeletedUser8152

You'll have to either move the goods building next to the tarmac, or extend the tarmac to the goods building.