• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Contest!! Tax Day 2016

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser24035

Please see the explanation in the original post. Answer copying was an issue, but the main thing is that everyone was getting it wrong because the wiki is wrong.

So, it got closed because people were cheating wrong answers? :(

DeletedUser8152

Well, there were reports of cheating. How widespread it was I can't say. What I can say though is that everyone was getting it wrong and the longer we let that go the more upset people were going to be. (We did also think at one point that someone had maliciously altered the wiki page.)

DeletedUser24035

I understand the need to deal with it. It's just frustrating for those of us that would have figured it out without cheating. I hadn't done the answers earlier cause I was busy and thought I had plenty of time. I was excited about an event I could do. I did one on a wrong server forum once and turned out I couldn't participate, so was nice to see one on ours. I also appreciated the in game message about it. Only reason I found out to hold off on finding answers was because I noticed the message disappeared and got to reading responses here after coming to look for it. Isn't there a way to send another message to let those know that may be working on this still to know what has happened?

DeletedUser8152

I can ask about that.

I too am disappointed about the whole thing.

DeletedUser17164

A) Anyone who uses ForgeWiki should wake up & realize it is a WIKI! ! ! That can be edited by anyone, this is nothing new people, Wikipedia has been around forever, wiki's are not exactly known for having the most accurate information.

B) The questions were off the wall insanely easy.

C) If the answers were out there on guild forums, than the rules were violated, Inno had every right to terminate this contest, so do not complain, anyone who submitted the answers and found them from a guild forum would have been cheating, cheating is against the game rules, period.

D) Complaining about Inno wanting to stop people from cheating, hmmm I wonder what effect that could have hmmmm????
Inno had this little contest that gave away free diamonds, but if people whine and complain that they didn't allow them to cheat, than we might not see another one, as they may not see the value in having another one if it only brings on negativity from the majority of players.

E) Please next time make the questions or contest more difficult please, this took like 5 minutes max.

F) Great contest Inno & forum moderators! ! ! (but you should have said forget about the randomness, stealing happy hours automatically gets the 1,000 diamonds)

king freeze

Well lets break this down a little:

1st as we know that the wiki is not a site that is done by INNO (so the answers can be wrong from that source) so wrong answer = no prize.
there are lots of sites that have wrong information (so some folks that are in 27 markets are able to get the proper answer from the game if they are that dumb to spend the time getting the correct answers

2nd and this is the biggie (IMHO)...........................seriously you all did not think that people would be posting the correct answer which would = tons of people getting the reward how little you all know what people are willing to do.

So you all could not figure a way to think this contest thu and see that this is what would happen. The answers are being pass along in the forums, in guild chat, in Skpe, in IM..............................

I just can not believe that no one on your staff did not think about this and knew that this would happen.

I do feel bad for jaelis as this was not his mistake but the mistake from the Managers who have been here long enough to know this would happen

PS:

Jaelis thank you for trying to get people more involved..................just wish you had better support

our own guide on the forum does list the sextant correctly,

What is the link to the sextant answer on the forum? I tried to find it but, failed and resorted to the Wiki. Not having a Clock Maker on any of my 8 worlds did not help, either. Had I had one, I could have canceled production on one and checked the base number for Sextant on it.

DeletedUser25387

Fix the wiki before the contest boo hoo And so sad about the contest ending. It's so silly how some people want to make like their helping others by posting answers when their in fact ending the contest and taking away everyone's chances.

Be a sport and keep it to yourselves. And hey it was so so hard trying to find the "I love it" trophy thing. Still didn't find any info on it. That was a tough one. Well thanks for the opportunity FOE was fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24876

All this work for nothing??? I had my answer ready but I first wanted to ask about line 8 because it's ambiguous (substract the number or the percentage?)

DeletedUser18851

I sent the correct answers in well before this garbage cutoff, and was NOT awarded. Is this because I am a "troublemaker" on the forums, consistently calling people (including the contest designer) out on their crap?

When I saw this I thought, "FINALLY! A 'quest' of sorts that doesn't involve the same monotonous brainless tasks like the continuous events in the game." I should have known better than to expect it wasn't too good to be true.... this is Inno and their staff, afterall.

Screenshot of my time-stamped answer sent to jaelis, 2 hours before Panacea announced the cutoff: http://i.imgur.com/0tcjZrF.jpg

* my time zone is set to central US

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

I sent the correct answers in well before this garbage cutoff, and was NOT awarded. Is this because I am a "troublemaker" on the forums, consistently calling people (including the contest designer) out on their crap?

When I saw this I thought, "FINALLY! A 'quest' of sorts that doesn't involve the same monotonous brainless tasks like the continuous events in the game." I should have known better than to expect it wasn't too good to be true.... this is Inno and their staff, afterall.

Screenshot of my time-stamped answer sent to jaelis, 2 hours before Panacea announced the cutoff: http://i.imgur.com/0tcjZrF.jpg

* my time zone is set to central US
Deathjmp, your entry was not disqualified, but it was incorrect.

triple.ripple

I liked the challenge.
Sorry it ended so quick and before I could mail in answers! The 500 likes slowed me down.

Sort of like kindergarten, a few can't follow directions and all must suffer the consequences?

DeletedUser18851

Deathjmp, your entry was not disqualified, but it was incorrect.

Can your read? You might want to check again. I reposted correct answers 2 hours before the cutoff, and my original "wrong" answers were only "wrong" because of the incorrect information that caused the canceling of the contest. Luckily I realized it was wrong within the hour and corrected it. I did the math correct in every step. Anybody can look at the screenshot and see my correct answers.

DeletedUser8152

Yes but as noted in the contest rules, only the first submission for each player was used.

DeletedUser11463

So what is a Vitruvian man???? There is no deco in LMA that has this. I know the contest is over but arghghg it is driving me insane.....

Chris7143

If the main reason the contest was closed early was the inaccuracy of the Wikia site, and not because the answers were posted or some people cheated, isn't there time to restart the contest with different questions but keeping the same format? Perhaps only those who hadn't already sent in answers would be eligible? Seems like this would be a great goodwill gesture by the organisers to appease a lot of players who either didn't get the chance to enter, or who were planning on entering nearer the original closing date.

DeletedUser10415

The contest was flawed from the beginning, even if it the wiki had remained accurate. The rules as stated only forbid sharing answers, or links to them, on this forum, but made no such claim about sharing them in-game. Even if they had included in-game communication, it would have been unenforceable. The only sort of contests that will work are those that require unique and individual answers from every participant. Or...guess what number I'm thinking of, though that sort of contest works better in chat.

Just as well. I'm mathematically-challenged. :(