• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Coronavirus Check-in Contest

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25252

Hi folks! We sure do live in interesting times, currently. If you're anything like me, you're finding self isolation at home and peace and quiet very soon turns to boredom. So this month, we thought we'd ask you all to check in with us, let us know how you are and what you've been doing to pass the time. All the team here on the US server send our prayers their best wishes, and we hope you all stay safe and in good health.

So let us know what you've been up to, introduce yourself, and say hi :)
Five players chosen at random when this contest ends (midnight server time on April 16th) will each earn 400 Lanterns to spend in the Spring Event, and 200 Diamonds.

Let's Roll !!

DeletedUser25252

To get the ball rolling, I live in the UK with my disabled partner, and am a full-time carer for him. I've been doing a lot of reading, and catching up on DVD box sets like the X Files and Smallville (I love a good dose of horror or sci-fi). As well as that, I build and repair computers for fun,and also to help friends and family, so when my head's not stuck in a book, there's a good chance it's somewhere near a computer case :)

Bug-free household so far (fingers and toes crossed)

Jern2017

Due to the things I do for a living, I'm working as usual and a large number of my other activities have stayed the same so far. I do miss the fact that I can't eat out, which I otherwise do most of the time. My Girlfriend works in the healthcare sector, so neither of us do anything much differently than before this situation.

I hope everyone's staying safe.

UBERhelp1

I spend a lot of time playing games and spending time with my family. Also working on some graphic design stuff because I'm a little bored. Additionally, I am still working and taking precautions to make sure I and those around me stay as safe as possible. I'm listening to a lot of audiobooks* and am just relaxing and doing things I enjoy.

*Favorite books are (in order): Red Rising, Ready Player One, and Ender's Game/Shadow are my top three (counting the two Ender ones as a single unit because they complement one another) and the Thrawn trilogy is pretty good as well (it is a Star Wars series). I enjoy myself some sci-fi :)

Super Catanian

None of my family have really left the house, and even my brother, who lives in New York, has not left his residence at all for the psat 2-3 weeks. My father has not worked so many hours, and neither has my sister. My mother and I, who clean houses for a living rather than working at a job that takes taxes out of the paycheck (the advantage of being paid with cash!), have also stopped. I've spent most of my time studying, playing video games, practicing and playing the piano (this includes composing, but I'm having a mind block at the moment which has only allowed me to come up with excerpts a few seconds long, and I haven't been able to make them sound good like my other pieces), and sleeping in a bit. Soon, I am planning to buy a book containing all of Chopin's 21 nocturnes to help me pass the time as well. I've learned two of them all the way, and I hope to learn all 21.

Insects are being a pest, and so is the frequent rain where I live. The thunder would have woken me up if it wasn't for the fact that it was 2 in the morning when it happened and I was playing on my laptop instead of sleeping. Mentally, I've been worn down for a bit due to the fact that I can't hang out with the IRL friends I have. However, we do chat by means of video calls about twice a week (sometimes more). My brother whom I mentioned earlier has a lot more free time and is calling us more frequently.

Hope everyone is staying safe, and don't hoard toilet paper!

DreadfulCadillac

I'm in New York, USA. Ny is the epicenter of the usa, and the usa is the epicenter of the world, so there's that..I've been staying at home, we only go out when we need groceries. I use a online school called Acellus, but i was using that before the outbreak as well cause i'm homeschooled. I've been playing a lot of video games, and a sizeable amount of streaming(netflix,disney+, etc..) I have watched A LOT of marvel movies:)
That's about it....
PS: (edit) i forgot to add that it literally feels DEAD.What i mean is that the roads are quiet, very few people..

Last edited:

DeletedUser29404

I'm a (now) unemployed #ProChef who works in Manhattan. I live in Brooklyn. I live with my wife and 3 sons, and now my daughter and son-in-law and my 5 year old grandson are all together in my 7 room (small) apt. No one has gone anywhere. Literally. I'm soon to be broke as we have no income, and my savings are just about gone. We used that money for rent and food.
My wifes cousin passed yesterday from Corona. He lived in NJ. Shes been a zealot about disinfecting everything.
The hardest part is explaining to my 6 year old son, and 6 year old grandson, that they cannot go outside, even to the Park. I've been playing games and homeschooling the two. I try to keep them occupied. It sucks that they have to grow up with this as one of the things affecting their lives. Big time.
Myself, well I've been playing FoE (3 worlds ~K, T, & Z) and with the Spring Event, it's a welcome relief. I can lose myself in my game, and between any quiet game happenings, I started playing poker online. The four walls are closing in on us. NYC is a ghost town. Brooklyn, more or less the same. I'm not fearful of contracting C-19, myself, but more worried about my wife and boys. I'd rather it was me than my boys, hands down.
So my days are still quite active, which is a big help. Just keeping busy helps. I used the time to fix all 3 worlds, and converted Z into my Diamond farm; which has already been showing signs of good fortune.
I'm hopeful I can get a Professional Chefs job when this crisis is over. But I'm afraid many restaurants will be permanently closed.
#ForgeOn
#forgeofempires

WinnerGR

I am being homeschooled and my parents were shopping for my neighbors before Tesco ( who we shop with) limited shopping too 80 items meaning that we could no longer shop for all of them .Luckily one of our neighbours has started Waitrose delivery shopping. I live in the UK .I have also started reading a lot more . I am currently reading The Scorch Trials , a book based on the hunger games .I have some positives though , my mums work bought me a chromebook to keep forever .I am starting to get regular headaches due to being kept inside most of each day.We go out for a family walk once a day and I go in the garden 2-3 times a day .

Last updated 11:52 GMT 04/04/2020 .

Last edited:

Captain Christian

My name is another language's translation of John (E.G. Jean, Johaan, Ian, etc.). I am 15 years old, and live in an undisclosed area where we are homeschooled. I am an amateur etymologist who loves to read and has a very sleight hand, and I have been practicing these hobbies more and more as we are cooped up inside. My dad works on a salary versus hourly wages, so he is thankfully still getting paid. My Mom has been busy buying grocieries for the elderly of the church, and we've all just been hanging out. We do know one entire family who has contracted CoViD-19, but thankfully we are not among those infected (Yet).

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

My husband and ! are doing fine just now. We live out in the country 20 miles from nearest town on a road that is about 3 miles long but only had 11 houses scattered round it, so we are pretty isolated anyway. I was not out much for a few months before this thing started except to go in and out of hospital due to gall bladder problems. The operation to remove my GB kept getting postponed because of complications. Now I am fine but with all this, I have no idea when my op will be., but things are good. Because this is South MS Stocking up ahead of hurricane season is normal for us. So when the first signs began to show that this virus could become something serious we kinda went into auto mode and got our freezers and pantry stocked up as well as paper goods (And TP LOL) Laundry and hygiene stuff . and so on. So we were all done before the panic started. As were our neighbors.

The hardest part at the moment is trying to help whilst keeping our distance. In the South we feed folks in emergencies. We get together to see who need help and how best to get it done. And we feed everyone some more. We cannot do that like we are used to. But not being able to go visit with an elderly neighbor for a while to see they are ok is hard. But on the other hand Thanks to the internet we are keeping in touch with family and friends in other states and other countries more than we were doing.

Also have more time for reading (Lee Child's Jack Reacher books at present) and crafty stuff I like to do. And also for my cameras, I love wildlife and macro photography and working with the results in photoshop.

Lastly to this Game. I also have more time for it. I know everyone connected with it From INNO HQ in Hamburg to all countries where it has servers are also under the same cloud as we all are. And are doing their best to keep it all "Business as usual". I thank every last one of you from paid staff to volunteers. As the escape it offers really does help me. Am also thankful for the friends I have made and all those I deal, fight and laugh with in FOE. It is something that has remained the same despite all the craziness around us.

barra370804

I'm chilling in my home in Michigan, Coronavirus free so far, spending my time playing video games, watching (a ton of) youtube, and just overall chilling and hanging out with my family. The days are all pretty similar, I never know what day it is because I'm not going to school so there's no point in looking forward to the weekend. If school was still in session, it would be our spring break right now, and I'd be in Florida. Coronavirus stole my vacation, but I'm happy that my family and I are all safe.

DeletedUser28655

Well this is fun! My in game, forum, and forge alias name is Delfiance. I go by Del for short. However, my real name is aaron. I have been spending this quarantine time with my fiancé and dog.
Doing a little gardening.
We are rewatching the office together, the oa, and i love Lucy.
I have been cooking more lately, todays menu was waffles in the morning stirfry for lunch and possibly pasta tonight.
Foe
What I have been doing between time is converting a current city to a diamond farm, started a new world for diamond farming, managing my iron age world, and main world.
personally:
Trying to learn a new language.

well anyways thats a little about me. Everyone stay safe.

-Del

The Lady Redneck

Trying to learn a new language.

Here is one for you Del -
Feuch an cùm thu sàbhailte :)

And we are managing to feed some down here LOL.. Phone church secretary at home to see who all will be needing food today and what part of the meal you can provide. Put Hospital gloves on, put poly bag over hand, open freezer - pick up container with the covered hand and pull poly bag over it. Take out to truck, drive to 1st person who needs the food. Put poly bags over shoes. Place food on front porch removing poly bag on food container.Get back in truck and honk horn to get the attention of the folks in the house, When they come out shout Hi and ask if there is anything they need from town. Maybe chat for a few minute from that safe distance. Then drive to next person and repeat process. If you pass another house that is within hollering distance of road and folks are out on their porch, Stop and say Hi and chat a while without getting out of truck. Ask if there is anything they need. They will do the samr for you when they are passing. And have a sheet of paper with "Delivering Food to Shut ins" on it in case you do see a police officer in his car.

Last edited:

DeletedUser42849

I live in the US in the Midwest. My wife and I both work for a financial firm so we are considered essential and are working from home. We have a small home so there are only a few rooms to be in. My house is about 90 years old and the basement has cinder blocks for walls so it is very cold down there now but tends to warm a bit during the afternoon. I work in the basement while my wife works in the kitchen. My stepson, who is in college, takes classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays does so by using the big screen TV in the living room. After that, he plays games all day in his bedroom. None of us are sick thankfully but we do head out for drive thru food and go grocery shopping when needed....and we have toilet paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.