• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Coronavirus Check-in Contest

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProteusManifest

Ahoy!
I'm a musician, originally from Minnesota, living in Austin, TX. Venues and bars being closed, I'm lucky that I have enough session work here and in Dallas to keep paying the bills. Most of my friends are not so fortunate.
I've been watching the requisite 8-15 hours a day of streaming content required by law (my God there are a lot of British mystery series out there!), writing out charts for music-related jobs, sleeping, playing FoE, sleeping, re-reading my Thomas Pynchon and Kurt Vonnegut collections, sleeping. Oh, and trying to figure out if that phrase in Sheherazade's post is Welsh or Gaelic.
Hope everyone is well, and stays that way.

DeletedUser36496

Hello everyone! I have recently gotten back into playing Forge of Empires in the past couple of weeks after about a year probably. I play in Uceria, the world that I actually started playing in around Christmastime of 2018.
I have been doing a lot of reading in my spare time, as my job has been shut down since early March. I work at Mohegan Sun in Southeastern, CT. A great series that I just finished & am rereading now is the Drizzt Do'Urden Series by R.A. Salvatore. I like to read mystery/suspense novels too. I also love to run & am glad that we are not in lockdown yet since I don't have a treadmill at home. I am sad that I can't play pool/billiards with other Team Members that I play against/with. I also am sad & a little frustrated that I can't see my friends but I do keep in touch with them & am glad that they are ok.
As far as food & other essentials go we, my dad, brother, & I, are doing good. We go to the store when we need anything but otherwise don't go out much. Unless we decide to go on a hike.
I am hoping that this epidemic burns itself out soon & that everyone affected can recover as soon as possible. Stay safe out there & Happy Forging!
Scorp

DeletedUser40777

I live on a small (about 900 permanent residents and a lot of vacation rentals - all indiv homes) Gulf island. Most of us are retirees since we are pretty remote - closest stoplight is 9 mi way). Our HOA halted all club and committee mtgs, closed pools, tennis courts & gym. Closed the beach but HOA reopened it because of owners’ endless bitching and moaning. Rentals were halted & visitors had to leave. All business (oyster bars and restaurants primarily closed). Most people are self-isolating and the island looks like a ghost town. All we have is beach, bicycling, kayaking and driving around in golf carts waving at each other in passing. Deer flies and no-see-ums have ended being outside.
Husband and I are trapped with 3 dogs so walking them while slapping at biting flies is aerobic exercise. We’ve reconnected with family all over the country, we’ve done a lot more Facetime, email & texting.
i’ve kept busy reading some of the books I failed to read in college as an English major. Dragged out unfinished needlepoint projects and am trying to finish a book I’ve been working on for a year. And doing a lot of online shopping. Very little arrives before I’ve forgotten about the purchase. Husband has been watching old sporting events on tv, beginning cocktail hour earlier as time passes and reading current news on iPad. I killed my laptop trying to update OS, so I’ve been addingto the damage by trying to fix it.Both of us are trying to avoid checking out the fridge every time we walk thru the kitchen. Both avoiding house cleaning. We've been reduced to playing pickle ball in the concrete area below the house (stilt house).
community activity has been all online and consists primarily in finding non-residents (renters and part-time owners who have fled virus by coming here). Sheriff and social media have removed quite a few (a deputy sitting in his car outside their house is surprisingly a good motivation to leave).
This self-quarantining has shown those who are capable of amusing themselves and those who who cannot be alone.
We’re getting by okay, but hoping it ends soon, if only to find toilet paper and pet food supplies restocked.

DeletedUser40777

Coronavirus stole my graduation! That, in turn, stole my forever vacation (until I start working again).
Try to see the positives in the negative. There will be a lot of companies hiring when this is over.
of course I always can find negatives. Many companies sent those in the well-paying jobs home to work. Son’s employer sent his whole department home with their desktop computers etc.

I live in Oklahoma , USA. Moving 1 state north when we can get all the paper work done to put this house on the market. Right now , its a maze of boxes and stuff as we are all packed up and ready for movers. Just need to finish up some last minute stuff and get final papers to sell this house. All is well here in this household and small USA town.

DeletedUser7602

I live in Iowa. Im staying home, trying to keep things going for my family, friends and loved ones that have to work,, Sending Hand Sanitizer, masks, and sanitizer wipes to my family in Minn. so they are safer.. So ready for this crazy world of coronavirus to be over and get back to norm, if there is a norm after this..

CherryButterfly

I'm in beautiful Virginia, medical conditions keep me at home most of the time anyway, so really haven't been out in a month or so. Last big outing was my and my Father's SHARED birthday (my best friend) in beginning of March, we went out to lunch, and to the garden store for plants and mulch. I do lots of crafty things, sewing, weaving, baking, trying to learn how to knit. I take care of my family, doing lots more baking than usual, trying to cook to whats in the pantry instead of running to the store every day. I love fresh fruit and veggies, so that has been hard to ration.

I've been out in my garden, clearing away fall leaves, i LOVE to see fresh green shoots of flowers growing out of my rich soil. It's such a beautiful green, the same green as the little green "spring peeper" frogs that are tumbling out of old dirt in last years flowerpots as I dump them and clean for new plantings. I like to paint and do fixer-upper things in my home, one day maybe I'll finish painting my upstairs bathroom and hallway, and my hubs can stop asking me when he can take all the stupid blue tape off the walls!

Oh, and checking on my population in my little town, gathering goods and supplies, helping Guildies, and enjoying a once-in-awhile smack down on neighbors around me, if needed for Quest! It's really not appropriate to go around IRL killing off neighbors, even though some of them make you think about it!

The Lady Redneck

Oh, and trying to figure out if that phrase in Sheherazade's post is Welsh or Gaelic.
It is simply "Please keep safe" in Scottish Gaelic. Which is what I hope for everyone here in FoE.

Down in South MS we are well into the lock down. But the weather isbeautiful and we can get out in the garden. We are planting more than we normally do this year. AND instead of flowers in my hanging baskets I will have fresh strawberried to pick. and a couple with cherry tomatoes. If I can stop the Mocking birds from trying to nest in them. The males build nests all over the place to try to entice the females and it seems hanging baskets are the in thing this year. Our resident hummers are back to their squabbling over the feeders after their winter truce. And it should not be to long until the spring migration so I have more feeders all ready to go. Carolina Wrens are nesting in the leanto at the back of the shed and wake us up singing about 4.30 AM. And we still find ways to be neighborly despite everything. I had to go into town this morning and when I returned there was a lovely bunch of lowers on my front porch. No name on the note. Just "We can still be neighborly" and instructions to wear surgical gloves to remove the clear film before taking them into the house (just in case) We are 16 miles from the nearest town so every thing seems just the same as before C19 arrived until we do have to go into town. There it is like another world. Even though it is not that big a town and still very layed back compared to cities.

And a little more for Del, Proteus and everyon

Thig sinn tro seo mo charaidean

(We will come throught this my friends)

CherryButterfly

She, we feed the birds and hummies also, plus the butterflies! This year I bought a hummingbird swing, as they will perch close to the feeder, usually on the line feeder is on, or a tree nearby. I also bought a 2 foot long horizontal feeding tube, with about 15 feeding holes across, the ad for it shows swarms of them. And, I found a source (coff, amazon, coff) for little nesting baskets you can hang in your eaves, or porch roof, or wherever, for them to nest in close to the food. I love the variety of tiny creatures you can entice to your area, whatever it may be. So many out there once you open your eyes and look around. My cats have a window seat that suctions on my deck door, and I have a clear bird feeder and a suet basket that suction on the outside. They love to sit in the sun and watch "the bird channel."

I grow buckets of strawberries and cherry tomatoes on my porch also, but it's rare to get them before the critters... The big garden I had I gave up on due to deer, groundhogs, squirrels, and bunnies. But, I think I may plow it over, and try again at fencing... I mean after I clean out my garage, basement, paint my upstairs, downstairs, and learn to knit!!

Captain Christian

We've of late been feeding our gesse. Their goslings just hatched! We assumed it was just the one male who liked to chase off others, but the female had always been hiding nearby, and we never even knew she existed until the goslings hatched and she started coming around.

Captain Christian

We named the male Renegade, one of the goslings John Paul Jones, and the two rival geese I mentioned that he keeps chasing off are Hiss and Honk. We do not have any names for the others yet.

The Lady Redneck

The male Rubythroat on my Avatar is our resident male. We also have 2 female rubies and a Rufus male that stay all year. We have more hummers today so I put out 4 feeders for now and made up an extra quart of hummer juice for topping up. LOL Sugar was up there with toilet paper on my stock up list. We also have a flock of wild turkeys that do the rounds. We put out chicken feed for them. And always invite one in for a meal come Thanksgiving.

Roger1Bigfoot

I am retired-disabled Army. Since this "stay home" started, I figured I would start playing F.O.E. I have played similar type games in the past, so it was just finding out how this one works. I do have a couple of ideas/complaints, but this is nor the forum for that. It would be nice to get the lanterns and diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

I am retired-disabled Army. Since this "stay home" started, I figured I would start playing F.O.E. I have played similar type games in the past, so it was just finding out how this one works. I do have a couple of ideas/complaints, but this is nor the forum for that. It would be nice to get the lanterns and diamonds.
Welcome to the game. As a new player of a game that's been going for close to 7 years , keep in mind that all of your complaints/ideas have been complained about and suggested before. Learn to play the game effectively and you'll find most of those complaints unfounded, most ideas unneeded.

Thanks for your service and sacrifice.

I know Im late to this thread, however, I will report that we are all safe and sane. Still on my grind with no end in sight. Life is as normal as it ever was for me outside of using more hand sanitizer and not touching my face.

Arya66

I am fortunate. I live in northern Wyoming and work in the Health Care field, so I still have a job. Our little town has pretty much shut down. Only a few cases here.
Praying for the world.. Be smart, stay safe, protect yourself , your town, and those you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.