• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser26120

I only did DCs for 1 month in beta, I got: over 200 fp total, fully upgraded maypole, several prints which allowed me to finish gbs, 3 rogue hideouts, 2 SoKs, and 3 pieces of cherry blossom set.

It's definitely significant. Can I say it's DCs exclusive to all other factors? No, but I wouldn't try to downplay the impact whatsoever like qaccy is.

DeletedUser32423

When they say available to all does that include players on mobile device apps? I don't think Treasure Hunt is.

DeletedUser25166

I only did DCs for 1 month in beta, I got: over 200 fp total, fully upgraded maypole, several prints which allowed me to finish gbs, 3 rogue hideouts, 2 SoKs, and 3 pieces of cherry blossom set.

It's definitely significant. Can I say it's DCs exclusive to all other factors? No, but I wouldn't try to downplay the impact whatsoever like qaccy is.
Since I did not have them the last month like other selected people did, can you deposit 100 FP into my bar. Thanks

Salsuero

The announcement didn't mention it, what will become of the Treasure Hunt, I thought that I had heard it was going away when Daily Challenges were rolled out.

I seriously hope not. I don't really see the Daily Challenges as something I can do based on my play style and the timing of things in my town. I enjoy doing the Treasure Hunt everyday as it's at least a guarantee of something that only requires a clock commitment and I can make sure to set the next one at the right time with minimal effort.

Salsuero

the members in my Guild that do it daily have said they’ve gotten the GE related tasks late in the week, like fight to win X encounters in GE (and while they are in level 4 as well which really sucked). Is it possible you just finish GE within the first 2-3 days and you haven’t had the task appear because of it?

They said there would be no impossible tasks. So how would they handle a situation of "Win X Battles in GE" if you have less than X left to do? It sounds like that quest would not be possible. So, I'm guessing you could finish GE as quickly as possible and get no GE-related tasks. Sounds like a massive diamond use might tick up if people have to pay for a ton of medals to finish GE because they don't win enough extra attempts... or lots of diamonds otherwise when they are forced to fight in levels they can't normally fight without massive casualties. I'm also curious... what if a guild doesn't open the later levels? How do you force your guild to do so just because you have a Daily Challenge that requires it? It might cause a lot of guild anger and/or attrition if guilds can't afford to open up the extra levels each week.

DeletedUser26120

I seriously hope not.
I have some bad news for you...
How do you force your guild to do so just because you have a Daily Challenge that requires it? It might cause a lot of guild anger and/or attrition if guilds can't afford to open up the extra levels each week.
Wow good question, never even thought of that as I only play in GE4 guilds lol. I'd guess some guilds will lose members if they don't unlock - simple as that.

DeletedUser26560

This daily quest sounds like it might be helpful but I'm thinking it might force me to do stuff that I am not ready to do with my city yet and put me in a stalled condition when events come around. I'll be checking and trying it out because these higher rewards like One-up-Kits, Store Buildings and Renovation Kits are direly needed in the game.
Now, how about adding more Expansions and have them more easily assessable in the game? Expansions have been slow to come for way to long. I think if the game had many more Expansions we the players could construct our cities with more of a custom design using many types of buildings from all ages instead of being forced to selectively make the most efficient constructions with the available most current age buildings.
Next ? player interaction in a 3D world :D

DeletedUser31882

Yay! I'm looking forward to more loot and the challenge of blacksmith space allotment!

I'm curious if this mechanic will favor the upper era players rather than lower era due to the immense resources and power they already hold. It's an interesting piece of the puzzle in the overall vision and design by the devs, the question is will we develop strategies around it to maximize our success...?

I'd say the advantage depends on the player and the specific challenge. Higher era players have an advantage for production challenges by virtue of more land expansions. Lower era players may have an advantage on battles and GE due to weaker neighbors and less need of ATK GBs for GE.

DeletedUser30943

This daily quest sounds like it might be helpful but I'm thinking it might force me to do stuff that I am not ready to do with my city yet
Just to expand on Stephen's answer, the Daily Challenges work on a +1/-1 point system. At the worst, you'll lose one out of seven points, so you just try again the next day. Yes, sometimes you'll lose out on a prize, but the prizes repeat reasonably often, so if you don't get it this time, you'll have another chance in a week or two when it pops up again, very likely with different challenges.

About the only thing I find that's still problematic is for those of us who are totally pacifist in the game and don't do any combats, or who have run out of reasonably achievable combats. Some combat-related challenge still appears every second or third day, making getting to your seven points a fairly slow process when you can't/won't do them. All the other challenges are (at least supposedly) based on current game conditions, so in theory, none should be utterly impossible.

qaccy

I think, other than the fact that it sounds like you got pretty lucky with your rewards overall, you have to also consider the fact that all of these things can be obtained during the frequent events, especially the larger seasonal ones, and that on the whole none of those are particularly impactful. Individual SoKs are not game-changing in the short-term, rogue hideouts are far less useful if you don't also own Alcatraz (which again is a long-term benefit as the unattached troops pile up), and set pieces are very much less powerful without the complete set, which again is going to take time to acquire if exclusively through DCs especially when you may be looking to complete an entire set and DCs are very likely going to provide repeat pieces before you get all the unique ones.

Again, I'm still not really seeing the impact here. If the length of time was extended to something like a year, sure, you could say there's a big gap then, but it simply hasn't been long enough for that to be the case. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. This is a game that can be played for years; a month isn't going to make or break anything.

DeletedUser26120

Individual SoKs are not game-changing in the short-term, rogue hideouts are far less useful if you don't also own Alcatraz (which again is a long-term benefit as the unattached troops pile up), and set pieces are very much less powerful without the complete set, which again is going to take time to acquire if exclusively through DCs
sf3d3hYl.png

I am rank 11 in Z world, and a few others (including at least one person above me) have had DCs for 35 days longer than the rest of us (36 as of tomorrow).

My city generates 9 extra fps, a few more on top of that this early would certainly be significant. There's no telling how many RHs I could have by now, most likely two more. At least 100 fp extra easy from the rewards, which would put me in LMA.

The three set pieces were already giving me 1fp and 2% attack. When you have daily challenges for 35 days, do me a favor.

Complete them all for 35 days in a row so you get 4 weeks worth of challenger's chests, like I did. Then come back here and give your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25166

I think, other than the fact that it sounds like you got pretty lucky with your rewards overall, you have to also consider the fact that all of these things can be obtained during the frequent events, especially the larger seasonal ones, and that on the whole none of those are particularly impactful. Individual SoKs are not game-changing in the short-term, rogue hideouts are far less useful if you don't also own Alcatraz (which again is a long-term benefit as the unattached troops pile up), and set pieces are very much less powerful without the complete set, which again is going to take time to acquire if exclusively through DCs especially when you may be looking to complete an entire set and DCs are very likely going to provide repeat pieces before you get all the unique ones.

Again, I'm still not really seeing the impact here. If the length of time was extended to something like a year, sure, you could say there's a big gap then, but it simply hasn't been long enough for that to be the case. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. This is a game that can be played for years; a month isn't going to make or break anything.
Nothing you say is relevant. You are the biggest INNO stooge on this site.

Rabbi.

@Dursland But can you say it's because of DCs exclusive to all other factors? I just don't think it's mathematically feasible for a months' worth of DC rewards to make any sort of appreciable difference in a situation where it's generally diamond usage that dictates player score. It's only going to be over a long, protracted period where this sort of advantage might start to become apparent - just going over the numbers in my head, a month is not enough time for that unless you're high-rolling DC rewards each and every day. Which as I said, isn't really mathematically feasible.

Ranking Points depend mostly on fighting. If you have x number of sectors you can farm daily you will climb the ranks fast. What you build in your city will give you a fixed flat amount of ranking points that can actually be measured. An standard player in Oceanic may have 155 Expansions, but with all the diamond expansions available at the time of this post he can get 163 (2608 Tiles). Considering TH has 42 at a Building Type of 3, and someone with all Event or Diamond Buildings in their city, the max ranking points he would have is 15,774,000 the rest is Fighting points and good donations to the treasury and Tech Tree. The only way to improve the value of each tile in terms of Ranking Points is by having Great Buildings at high levels but it will not make that much of a difference because the levels add just the amount of FPs by 15. Having a good Arc adds extra Ranking Points but it may be another 30.000 Ranking Points daily for a very good Arc.

All that being said, by fighting you improve your Ranking Points, Daily Challenges will not make any difference at all except by giving you more Event Buildings but as I said, a good leveled GB will surpass the efficiency of every tile in terms of Ranking Points.

Jr.

DeletedUser31169

I am so happy to finally get the daily challenge! Thanks Inno! Woohoo!

DeletedUser21337

Who is permitted to get the Daily Challenges? For example, do Bronze Age players get Daily Challenges or does the player have to reach a certain Research item? Thanks, MHD

qaccy

I am rank 11 in Z world, and a few others (including at least one person above me) have had DCs for 35 days longer than the rest of us (36 as of tomorrow).

My city generates 9 extra fps, a few more on top of that this early would certainly be significant. There's no telling how many RHs I could have by now, most likely two more. At least 100 fp extra easy from the rewards, which would put me in LMA.

The three set pieces were already giving me 1fp and 2% attack. When you have daily challenges for 35 days, do me a favor.

Complete them all for 35 days in a row so you get 4 weeks worth of challenger's chests, like I did. Then come back here and give your opinion.

Think about it like this. Fast forward a year from now. Is the 'head start' that some people had with early DCs going to still be evident by then, after a whole year of the entire population having access to them? How many of those 'early' people do you think will still be playing the game? As I've been saying all along, not really as big a deal as some people are trying to make it out to be.

@stallion119 I appreciate the blanket dismissal, but being objective and level-headed doesn't equal being a 'stooge'. You may want to come up with some more well-reasoned viewpoints before you try to attack somebody.