• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Defeat this "small, medium, large" army in the daily Challenge.

cathea

I specifically do not want to participate in the PVP battles, but when I get the Daily Challenge and it has this ... "Defeat this "small, medium, large" army " and I have no option on the side to do anything else... (Most everything else you are allowed either a free or nominal charge of 25 diamonds to chance something else.)
So I have to leave the challenge undone for the day.
This is irritating , because if I participate in this challenge it enters me into the PVP listing, and makes me more vulnerable to pillaging.
I believe you should always offer an alternative to this .

i

Last edited:

Xenosaur

There are going to be daily challenge "quest" items that make you decide on (or refine) your game philosophy, principles, time, etc. It seems that the list offers both choice to replace, and locked quests - where there is no ability, even for diamonds, to swap it for something new.

It makes your decision harder, yes. Who actually likes to do 85, 5 minutes production runs? I don't. Yet I get them, and can't swap them out sometimes. I then evaluate how important the prize is to my game strategy (tactical and strategic...) and decide if I want to trade off my time for that reward. 9 out of 10 times I won't bother, and I'll miss the daily challenge goal by non-participation for that day.

1 time, I'll bite the bullet and slog through this time-wasting, brainless quest. I'll even consider using the hourglass-time accelerator inventory items to assist. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Inno didn't design the Daily Challenge for perfect attendance or daily execution. I guess they want to see how badly you need/want to do something that's distateful. Decide to hold your nose and take the plunge, or pass for the day.

Johnny B. Goode

Many of us make play style choices that occasionally leave us in a pickle. In one of my new cities I have 4 tasks in today's DC. Three of them are done. The fourth may or may not get done. It is "Spend 1000 Tavern Silver." In my main city this would not be an issue at all, as I have over 1M Tavern Silver there. However, due to my choice not to specifically seek to fill my friends list in new cities, it is an issue today. (The other three tasks all had an option to change, the Tavern Silver one did not.) I learned long ago not to stress over such minor things. Life's too short. So if I don't get that one done today, no big deal. There's always tomorrow.

Johnny B. Goode

I have no idea why you think this. Please explain.
The PvP neighborhood tower tournament listing. Most of us don't even think about that anymore. If he fights any battle, it will put his name in that listing (as long as he has the tower from his highest unit's era on the C-Map). Apparently he thinks that exposure would make him a target for attack/plunder. Remotely possible, but not likely, I'd say. But then again, what do I know? ;)

Johnny B. Goode

Exactly. What makes you think you can answer a question posed to someone else? Are you in their head? No? Okay. I didn't ask you, I asked them.
Well, it isn't rocket science for an experienced player to figure out what he meant in the context of the game. Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I'm wrong. :rolleyes: How about you figure out any other explanation for what he said that makes sense in the context of the game, instead of just spewing your hatred of me every chance you get.

Cyrus the Adequate

Does anyone initiate battles from the towers? If I choose to attack a hoodie I do it from the neighborhood listing. Except for maybe my first week of playing FOE I've not opened up a PvP tower.
This - I only go there to look at the rankings.

1) It's way too difficult to get there,
2) When you complete a battle it takes you back to the main city screen, and then you have to re-navigate to the tower. HUGE waste of time.
3) If I need a bunch of battles, I can get ALL of the neighbors by working my way through the neighborhood listing much faster - or, I can drop into GBG and burn attrition.

Last edited:

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
I think it is also worth bearing in mind moving outside of your comfort zone to try something new is also a key ingredient in the variety of tasks - for instance I used to detest fighting until I realised just how much the game expands when you are willing to battle. There are so many play styles, building rewards geared toward offence and defence and special building rewards for events that can benefit many different ways to play the game - it can be useful to explore all of them and find out perhaps there are areas of the game you never knew you would love

Emberguard

This is irritating , because if I participate in this challenge it enters me into the PVP listing, and makes me more vulnerable to pillaging.
Pretty sure most players who plunder just go through the neighbourhood, not the listing.

Also, the more you battle the more points you get. You're more likely to be attacked and plundered if you're at the bottom of the neighbourhood list, something that avoiding battles will contribute to by reducing your overall points income.

Main reason for this behaviour is because those higher up on the neighbourhood social bar are far less likely to have anything plunderable. The Animations and Aid buttons will inform a potential plunderer on whether there's a plunderable item, or if they should check back later. So if I'm attacking with the intent to plunder, I'll only attack those that the game has told me has a completed production, that isn't plunderproof and hasn't been motivated yet. If the animations are still going and it hasn't been motivated then I'll hold off attacking and check back again later so I can use the use interface to see when it becomes available (if I attack then I lose the info on what's currently Aided)

Most times on a high pointer it's clear there's absolutely nothing there. On the instances there is something on a higher scored player, it takes far more time and effort to successfully pull off a plunder than someone lower in the neighbourhood: those lower down are far less likely to be picking up the production before the plunderer does, and may be using shorter production cycles. Therefore while there are plunderers that hit absolutely everyone, you will also get those that only plunder from the bottom of the nieghbourhood up because they already know it's a waste of time to hit the the top of the neighbourhood

I think it is also worth bearing in mind moving outside of your comfort zone to try something new is also a key ingredient in the variety of tasks - for instance I used to detest fighting until I realised just how much the game expands when you are willing to battle.
Also with so many Event buildings now containing Attacking Army boosts, if you ever decide to get into battling chances are you've already got some boosts to help you out. Might not be much, but probably not 0