• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleted

I am really confused because I read this at the wiki:

The Terracotta Vineyard provides population, happiness and produces coins in 24 hours. Depending on the buildings level additional resources like medals, Forge Points and goods are added to the production. The coin production is affected by the town's happiness and by boosts of certain Great Buildings and can be doubled by motivation of the building. Additionally it gives a supply boost from level 5 upwards.

As the Terracotta Vineyard does not produce special resources upon motivation, it has a low priority in the motivation order and will only get motivated randomly with the regular buildings after all special buildings that produce forge points, goods, guild power, medals, or blue prints have been motivated. Use a Self-Aid Kit if you want to make sure your Terracotta Vineyard (including the production of attached fields) is protected from plunderers if you cannot collect on time and you have regular plunderers coming along.

Pumbaa the Great

There must be a bug than. I just used a self aid on my vineyard (on Beta, I have not build it on lives yet) and it added the star on top and doubled my coins output.

Pumbaa, It does the same when I use self-aid... and I am live. It looks to be motivated. Each field has to be motivated separately...

Last edited:

Vger

I am really confused because I read this at the wiki:
What you quoted is not from an "official" Inno wiki (you can tell because it contains way more useful info than Inno ever provides).

There must be a bug than. I just used a self aid on my vineyard (on Beta, I have not build it on lives yet) and it added the star on top and doubled my coins output.
It's not a bug. Agent is just wrong on this one. Or he is playing some stupid semantics game which he enjoys doing much more than actually helping people.

The official Wiki is pretty clear on this one though:

Terracotta Vineyard - Lv. 1
R_SS_MultiAge_SportBonus21a.png
Properties
  • Base Production is doubled when motivated. Can be plundered when not motivated

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Terracotta_Vineyard_-_Lv._1

What you quoted is not from an "official" Inno wiki (you can tell because it contains way more useful info than Inno ever provides).

It's not a bug. Agent is just wrong on this one. Or he is playing some stupid semantics game which he enjoys doing much more than actually helping people.

The official Wiki is pretty clear on this one though:

Terracotta Vineyard - Lv. 1
R_SS_MultiAge_SportBonus21a.png
Properties
  • Base Production is doubled when motivated. Can be plundered when not motivated

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Terracotta_Vineyard_-_Lv._1
Thanks and well said... yes, I often refer to the "other" wiki if I want real answers. I didn't want to say anything that direct but he didn't give much care to his answers, i.e. wrong, short and condensing.

icarusethan

Thanks and well said... yes, I often refer to the "other" wiki if I want real answers. I didn't want to say anything that direct but he didn't give much care to his answers, i.e. wrong, short and condensing.
what part of "Modivated building cant be plundered" is not a common sense so you have to ask a mod about it

what part of "Modivated building cant be plundered" is not a common sense so you have to ask a mod about it
well, I asked the mod about the order to which the auto aid button will motivate or polish my terracotta vineyard and he gave me wrong info which then confused me... please read the whole thread

Emberguard

So you are saying that the list is really like this:

1. Forge Points (for example Lord's Manor, Pillar of Heroes Level 7, SoK, Sundial Spire, etc.)
2. Random good (ex. Royal Cascade or Athlete Living Quarters)
3. Goods of age (for example Caravansary or Kiosk)
4. Units
5. Medals (for example Pole House or Shrine of Awe)
6. Blueprints (for example Shrine of Inspiration)
7. Crowns
8. Set/Chain buildings/Decorations
not exactly.

Sets, Chains, Decorations aren’t automatically down the bottom, they just happen to currently fit the criteria for the absolute bottom. There’s always the possibility a future building in Chain Link, Set or Decoration may fit a criteria for higher in the list if it gets “if motivated” on it, that just currently doesn’t exist on those types of buildings

It’d be more like this:

List 1 - “When Motivated” buildings only
Forge Points (for example Lord's Manor, Pillar of Heroes Level 7, SoK, Sundial Spire, etc.)
4. Units
7. Crowns
8. coins/supplies/happiness

List 2 - All other buildings, when List 1 has run out of buildings to aid use List 2
Highest age
2. ???
- Wiki says it‘s random order, starting from highest age down. My limited testing seems to indicate the second condition is just the order you place the buildings down in.

Either way, whether it be random or not the most surefire way to manipulate the aid for List 2 is through keeping the age of the buildings you want Aided at your current age and have anything you don’t want aided at a lower age

So SAAB governor's mansion would po/mo before VF SoK?
Do you mean Governor’s Villa? I’m not familiar with a building called Governor’s Mansion though there are Mansions in the game that only produce coin. If you meant the Villa then its’ priority would come from goods based on List 1.

There have been a few buildings that when initially on Beta haven’t had the Aid function due to an oversight. I don’t recall whether the Vineyard was one of those, but certainly by the time it reached live servers it’s Aidable as intended

Pumbaa the Great

not exactly.

Sets, Chains, Decorations aren’t automatically down the bottom, they just happen to currently fit the criteria for the absolute bottom. There’s always the possibility a future building in Chain Link, Set or Decoration may fit a criteria for higher in the list if it gets “if motivated” on it, that just currently doesn’t exist on those types of buildings

It’d be more like this:

List 1 - “When Motivated” buildings only
Forge Points (for example Lord's Manor, Pillar of Heroes Level 7, SoK, Sundial Spire, etc.)
4. Units
7. Crowns
8. coins/supplies/happiness

List 2 - All other buildings, when List 1 has run out of buildings to aid use List 2
Highest age
2. ???
- Wiki says it‘s random order, starting from highest age down. My limited testing seems to indicate the second condition is just the order you place the buildings down in.

Either way, whether it be random or not the most surefire way to manipulate the aid for List 2 is through keeping the age of the buildings you want Aided at your current age and have anything you don’t want aided at a lower age

Do you mean Governor’s Villa? I’m not familiar with a building called Governor’s Mansion though there are Mansions in the game that only produce coin. If you meant the Villa then its’ priority would come from goods based on List 1.

There have been a few buildings that when initially on Beta haven’t had the Aid function due to an oversight. I don’t recall whether the Vineyard was one of those, but certainly by the time it reached live servers it’s Aidable as intended
Yes the Governor's Villa. For some reason I thought it was called Governor's Mansion.

icarusethan

I don’t understand what you are saying? I have several vineyards. Each one has 2 field’s attached. Each vineyard has a star if polished and each field also has a star if polished. All I am asking is if they can be plundered when polished?
well, I asked the mod about the order to which the auto aid button will motivate or polish my terracotta vineyard and he gave me wrong info which then confused me... please read the whole thread
i don't need to, you asked a weird question in the middle of the thread and i pointed it out.

wow dude, just read the entire thread! My first question was:
Okay, I have read this thread but still don’t understand why my shrine of knowledge gets motivated before my terracotta vineyard? Way more fp’s and coins plus goods and medals...
The mod told me that the terracotta vineyard can't be motivated. That answer was wrong. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and asked a couple of follow up questions. He still gave me wrong info.
Why are you so hostile?
Isn't this forum where new players can come to ask questions. You are toxic.

Emberguard

I also notice that the mod in question has not bothered to correct, rescind, or even reply to this thread. What's up with that!
Moderators are volunteers and therefore are limited to our free time. We also can be anywhere from around the globe, not just America. So what's daytime for you may be night time for some of us, or when you're available to chat some of us may be out at our jobs. It's only been just under 5 hrs since Agent last responded to this thread. While it'd be nice to respond as soon as you reply to this thread, that's not always possible.

Moderators are volunteers and therefore are limited to our free time. We also can be anywhere from around the globe, not just America. So what's daytime for you may be night time for some of us, or when you're available to chat some of us may be out at our jobs. It's only been just under 5 hrs since Agent last responded to this thread. While it'd be nice to respond as soon as you reply to this thread, that's not always possible.
wow, that was a diplomatic answer. but why don't you just settle the question, since it seems to be in your time zone right now? did he give correct answers to my questions? if he can't answer at the moment, isn't it the other moderators job to take over the thread?

wolfhoundtoo

No it's not mod's jobs to speak for each other because they aren't one hive mind. ;)

You'll have to wait for agent to come back in and stop being so impatient. Far as I know once a building is motivated/polished it can't be plundered so the vineyard shouldn't be able to be plundered.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

wow, that was a diplomatic answer. but why don't you just settle the question, since it seems to be in your time zone right now? did he give correct answers to my questions? if he can't answer at the moment, isn't it the other moderators job to take over the thread?
He did not give correct answers. As the official Wiki says (and you've already admitted you have tested), the Terracotta Vineyard can be motivated and can be plundered if it is not. Fields can be polished, not motivated, as they do not directly provide tangible resources. Technically, the resources come when collecting the Terracotta Vineyard. The FP and goods do not, however, affect the aid priority of the Terracotta Vineyard, as the motivation only affects the base production of the building, not the extra resources that come solely from having Fields connected to it properly.

To be specific, when talking about special buildings that get resources from connected buildings, like the Terracotta Vineyard and the various Winter Trains, the only thing about the main special building in the chain that is considered in regards to aid priority is what that aid will affect. For example, if it were the motivation that would enable the building to provide one or more Forge Points on collection, such as the Shrine of Knowledge, that would be the determining factor in aid priority. If, however, the building provides the Forge Points regardless of whether or not it is motivated, then they do not affect the aid priority.

Now you've really taken up enough of this thread seeking confirmation of something you already know, so why don't you drop it?

Ebeondi Asi

What an informative post by Eupori' I mean ask a question and then whine you didn't get an answer you like,in a form tasteful to you,fast enough. How any Diamonds you buy a month? Are you paying for this service? Must be the way you think they owe you. Plus the mod explaining they are volunteers? and have real jobs' and may live elsewhere.. nope still demanding immediate solution in the form insisted on.
I would say you also totally ignored the real answer..the one I gave. LOL
Sometimes can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. No problem.