• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Diamonds from recurring quests

qaccy

So, I've been around for a long time and it's been my understanding that diamond rewards from RQs can only be received once per RQ; after which, medals become the reward in their place. I've observed this myself over the years, especially when I was more rigorous in completing multiple RQs a day. I'd see diamonds once, usually within the first few completions, then never again even after hundreds more completions.

However, over the past couple months either my memory's gone bad, or this mechanic has been changed or removed. I swear I'm getting diamonds occasionally as a reward from RQs that I've already received diamonds from. Is this something that only applies starting with a certain age or were RQs as a whole changed to allow diamond rewards more than once?

Pickleweasel

While I can't prove a negative such as your case, I can tell you that I meticulously track all of my recurring quests across all five cities so that I get the diamond reward from each (aside from those I may not have a chance to complete, such as the 2 technology one with bad luck).

I have never received diamonds twice from the same quest in the same era in the same city. I have gotten medals from the same quest (after the initial diamonds) many dozens of times in some cases (gather supplies/coins, unbirthday and spend FP). I can't *quite* tell from your post where you think the duplication may be happening, but; just to be clear, the quest gives diamonds once per quest, per era. You have a new set of potential diamonds rewards when you hit the next era.

Each era also has lots of regular side quests that give random rewards, which can themselves generate diamonds. Sometimes I do one that is a simple spend X coins/supplies and I get diamonds and think what you did . . . until I realize that it wasn't really the recurring quest but something with similar requirements. I can't say that is what happened to you, but I figured I'd toss the idea your way.

Nice2HaveU

Any age/era, one time only diamond will be gifted from RQs related with same age/era. Is that a conclusion?

Agent327

For the last couple of months I have seen no change in the mechanic. It still is as you said it is.Will not say your memory has gone bad, but you are wrong on this one.

Emberguard

It’s one time per quest on a per age basis.

Did you age up recently? If you did feel free to put a ticket in so we can check. Chances are if it’s a new age you’ve gotten diamonds from either two different recurring quests with the same requirements, or a side quest and then later a recurring quest that are very similar or same requirements

You’ll be able to tell by the name of the quest whether it’s the same quest

qaccy

Nah, haven't aged up recently. And as I said, I know that it's supposed to be only once per recurring quest. Are any of you folks also in SAAB? That's the age I'm in and have been for a while, and I've only seen these supposed repeat diamond rewards here. From the sound of things it's most likely my faulty memory, but I'm wondering if maybe since the RQs got changed around pretty substantially for SAAB (or was it SAM? Again, bad memory o_O), Inno either forgot or otherwise didn't set these RQs to only award diamonds once like was the case in other ages.

Agent327

I used to be in SAAB. Moved to SAV now. No repeat for me in SAAB, or in SAM and there are 3 RQ's left I am doing again and again after getting diamonds.

qaccy

Hm...this is so weird. I wonder if I'm just mixing up SAM and SAAB RQs and thinking diamonds I actually got during SAM were from SAAB instead. Though I did just get diamonds (again?) from the 200 FP RQ, and I'm watching the stuff I complete more closely since making this thread to see if I'm actually getting any repeats.

Agent327

Hm...this is so weird. I wonder if I'm just mixing up SAM and SAAB RQs and thinking diamonds I actually got during SAM were from SAAB instead. Though I did just get diamonds (again?) from the 200 FP RQ, and I'm watching the stuff I complete more closely since making this thread to see if I'm actually getting any repeats.

I have done that quest probably a thousand times and only once I got diamonds.