• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamonds going to wrong account

DeletedUser35889

Me and my dad play on the same computer. So today he bought diamonds when he was logged into his account twice thinking the first time it did not work. Turns out they posted to my account even though he was playing his at the time. He was looking at getting some and I told him I thought the deal when I was logged in was better. So he had me log in to show him what the deals for diamonds and it was a little better. Then I logged off and he logged back on and the deal was the same now. He thought the deals just cycled and depended on the time or something. So he got the most popular deal with paypal and nothing showed up, so then he tried a credit card and no diamonds. Then we checked email and the receipt was to me. Anyone else share a computer and have this happen? He wants to dispute the transaction since they went to the wrong account but I am afraid they would close mine if he does. He submitted a ticket I hope they can fix it.

Lancer

Me and my dad play on the same computer. So today he bought diamonds when he was logged into his account twice thinking the first time it did not work. Turns out they posted to my account even though he was playing his at the time. He was looking at getting some and I told him I thought the deal when I was logged in was better. So he had me log in to show him what the deals for diamonds and it was a little better. Then I logged off and he logged back on and the deal was the same now. He thought the deals just cycled and depended on the time or something. So he got the most popular deal with paypal and nothing showed up, so then he tried a credit card and no diamonds. Then we checked email and the receipt was to me. Anyone else share a computer and have this happen? He wants to dispute the transaction since they went to the wrong account but I am afraid they would close mine if he does. He submitted a ticket I hope they can fix it.

They can fix this without affecting your account, besides the deduction of the diamonds of course.

DeletedUser35889

Thanks. I think we figured out the bug too. If internet explorer is left open and not completely closed out and the other person logs in to play the shop is linked to who ever played first. We where able to tell by clicking on the support link in the bottom left of the shop. It opens support and if you navigate to tickets you can tell the account. Should I post this in bugs forum or is there somewhere else I should try to explain it?

DeletedUser

Thanks. I think we figured out the bug too. If internet explorer is left open and not completely closed out and the other person logs in to play the shop is linked to who ever played first. We where able to tell by clicking on the support link in the bottom left of the shop. It opens support and if you navigate to tickets you can tell the account. Should I post this in bugs forum or is there somewhere else I should try to explain it?
You should contact support, which you can do from the settings menu in-game.

DeletedUser35889

He submitted a ticket and explained the bug. The response was they showed no purchases from a PC with that account and that I would have to open one for refund. At least he said I only have to ask for a refund on one of the purchases. He is letting me keep one :)
Not sure if its only internet explorer or other browsers are the same. The bug is easy to duplicate. If one of us logs on then logs off, if the next person logs on with out closing the browser completely you can click on the shop, then select the support link and view tickets. It will be tickets for the account that logged on first even though that person logged off and another logged in. I for one will never log into the game using a public computer knowing this.

In game support gave the impression that he was confused and was on my account and did not notice and bought the diamonds and they credited to the account that was log in. That was not the case. Is there somewhere else we should report this bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Art. 9 Right of revocation, revocation notice with regard to Premium Services
  1. If you are sending your revocation by e-mail, we recommend that you enter your name and the name of the Game in the subject line to ensure speedier handling.
  2. Revocation instructions
  3. Right of revocation
  4. You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving any reasons.
  5. The revocation period is fourteen days from the date of concluding the contract.
  6. To exercise your right of revocation, you must inform us (InnoGames GmbH, Friesenstrasse 13, 20097 Hamburg; Tel: +49 40 7889335-0; Fax: +49 40 7889335-200, e-Mail: info@innogames.com ) of your decision to cancel this contract with a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail). You can use this sample form to submit your revocation, although it is not a condition.
  7. To meet the revocation deadline it is sufficient that you send the notification before the end of the revocation deadline stating that you wish to exercise the revocation right.
  8. Consequences of revocation
  9. If you revoke this contract, we shall refund you all payments we received from you without delay and no later than fourteen days from the date on which we received your notification to withdraw from this contract. This refund includes the delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs that were incurred because you chose a different type of delivery than the most cost-efficient standard delivery). For such a refund, we will use the same method of payment you used for your original transaction unless something else has expressly been agreed to with you; you will not be charged a fee for this refund.
  10. End of revocation notice.
  11. Special note regarding the premature expiry of the revocation right:
  12. Your right of revocation ends prematurely if, prior to the expiry of the revocation deadline, the contract has commenced after you, as User, have given your express approval for this and are aware that, as a consequence, you lose your revocation right once the contract has been executed.
  13. Special note on contract wording:
  14. We will confirm the conclusion of the contract to you, the User, via Email by sending an invoice and confirming the contract wording.

DeletedUser35889

I am not asking about a refund Agent327. It is also in the TOS that you will immediately report any bugs that you find. We found a bug and I am trying to make sure that the right people know about the bug.