• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamonds

Xenosaur

How do you get them without buying

2 ways - 1) instant gratification (buying) and 2) slow accumulation over time, using a plan or luck (gaming odds in your favor) - or both.

Since you want to know more about choice 2 than choice 1, many suggestions here hopefully helped you.

1) Venues that give diamonds: 1) GbG, 2) GE 3) Questing and continent map work (story, side, recur, bonus), rarely city incidents, too
2) Buildings: Lots of buildings now give diamonds in their probability collection delivery, but 2 that are FAMOUS for giving diamonds (and form the basis of many people's diamond mining cities) are Wishing Wells (WW) and Fountain of Youth (FoY). Others include Crows Nest, etc.

Let's take WWs and FoYs for the moment.

They're BOTH 3x3 (9 squares in base size) and BOTH have a shrink kit, which can reduce that 3x3 (9 squares) to 2x3 (6 squares). Very helpful.

Most people will agree they EACH deliver about a 1% chance for 50 diamonds. What does that mean statistiscally? Well - if you had 1 WW in your city and collected it each day, you'd get 50 diamonds over the course of 100 days.

Now, that's no way to accumulate diamonds because it will take years (decades?) to get a stash. So this math also works

100 WW or 100 FoY or 100 IN TOTAL of those 2 types - in your city SHOULD generate 50 diamonds EACH DAY.

50 of those 2 types in total should get you 50 diamonds every 2 days..

25 of those 2 types in total should get you 50 diamonds every 4 days...

I think you get the idea :)

Now you're cooking, right? Well - at least better than decades...

Part B is: So now you know the yield and probability math, you have to figure out how to get 100 WW into your city layout. Sure you can shrink them with WW shrink kits, but... it takes a while to get them too.

Getting 100 combined (WW or FoY - since they are reported to BOTH yield the same 1% or so...) will take a few years, IMHO. Probably MORE time now as INNO seems to be curtailing their offer of these buildings in event recently.

But many of us have satellite cities in our non-main worlds that do exactly that. Generate diamonds this way. Prepare to dig in and start accumulating some of them, if that's your goal.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Emberguard

LOL. You people are not talking in the average player's language. I understand, you guys are "serious" about the game, but your advice about such things is not at all relevant to the casual player.

Player didn't ask for casual. They asked what's the best way to get Forge Points. When a person says "best way to get X", you can bet it's going to require going out of your way to do more than just the average. If all we do is give people average advice, then that's all they'll have a chance to achieve.

Johnny B. Goode

Player didn't ask for casual. They asked what's the best way to get Forge Points. When a person says "best way to get X", you can bet it's going to require going out of your way to do more than just the average. If all we do is give people average advice, then that's all they'll have a chance to achieve.
Again, I disagree. If an average person asks the best way to work out, do they want the Nolan Ryan or Tom Brady workout advice? Or do they want something that they can do in moderation without living at the gym? If they were a "serious" type player, they wouldn't have to ask here, they would have already found a top guild to join and learn from.

stymie of Suwannee

I fancy myself a “mathematical monk” flowing through the chi of the game, striving to be a player of all seasons. While not all paths are for me, the knowledge is valuable for me and others. And as if Stephen Hawking simplifying the nature of the universe, we can translate the most basic or advanced concepts by sheer experience, despite difference of opinions.

Cyrus the Adequate

I disagree. The only ones that would benefit the casual player are the CdM and Cape (and even the Cape should only be built if you have spare room), in that order. If they can after that maybe the AO and Kraken, but never the Inno and rarely the HS. Inno brings the complication of having enough Happiness to offset the population it brings, especially if you level it up. And HS is just too big and gives too few FP to justify having it if you're a casual player. Better to have a couple of event buildings with attack boosts. Remember, serious players hyper level multiple GBs, not so much the casual players.
Agreed. I had both Inno and HS early on and deleted them both for the reasons you state here.

IMO, the priority should be CdM, AO, Kraken, then Cape. CdM gives both FP and Attack boost. AO gives FP and critical hits in every battle. Kraken gives FP and knocks out an opposing troop in the first round, Cape is a space-efficient FP generator. Once you have the first three levelled up into the 50s, you have a potent combination of FP and battle aids. Add in a level 65 Zeus and CoA and you're in business for all of the lower ages.

I think you could make an argument for Cape ahead of Kraken, but CdM and AO are definitely first on the list, IMO.

Darkest.Knight

I've deleted any goods building since I produce enough on event buildings but I kept HS, room isn't a problem when ur fully expanded. I still have buildings I'd delete to make room before deleting HS. Since my HS will be lvl100 soon I doubt I'll delete it.