• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discord for FOE

203iceman

Would love to hear some comments about Inno's recent connection with Discord. I am thinking that they are late to the party, and the reason that many players adopted using discord is going away. The death of GVG will put an end to the need for discord. The need for Discord in GBG, is a farce. I use GBG to put myself to sleep every night. Better than warm milk, or a good story!! Nothing better than mindless drollery to knock me out in seconds!

Honestly I find discord integration would be a nice feature. I often play other games with foe in the background waiting for sectors to open. Having something to tell me it's time to fight x1x would be nice. So long ofcourse as this is a mute able feature. I will admit however that getting on to discord now is late GVG is why many were already there. But perhaps this new "replacement " feature will also use it? Who can say? Anyway i just hope for no disasters.

Orius Maximus

Would love to hear some comments about Inno's recent connection with Discord. I am thinking that they are late to the party, and the reason that many players adopted using discord is going away. The death of GVG will put an end to the need for discord. The need for Discord in GBG, is a farce. I use GBG to put myself to sleep every night. Better than warm milk, or a good story!! Nothing better than mindless drollery to knock me out in seconds!

There's probably just enough reason to use Discord to coordinate GbG, but we don't really need it. A guild that uses the game's existing in-game communication can usually coordinate well enough. GvG I guess I can see, though I'd find it a distraction. I don't remember if Discord had voice chat, but that would definitely be useful in GvG. I've never bothered with voice chat in gaming though.

Johnny B. Goode

Honestly I find discord integration would be a nice feature. I often play other games with foe in the background waiting for sectors to open. Having something to tell me it's time to fight x1x would be nice. So long ofcourse as this is a mute able feature. I will admit however that getting on to discord now is late GVG is why many were already there. But perhaps this new "replacement " feature will also use it? Who can say? Anyway i just hope for no disasters.
It isn't for integration with the game itself. It appears to be a "replacement" for this Forum. Not officially...yet...but we can see the writing on the wall. Such as the fact that there's no feedback thread about the announcement, which is a first. They don't care what we think of the move. They're doing it regardless of what the players think. Which is kind of their recent pattern.

203iceman

It isn't for integration with the game itself. It appears to be a "replacement" for this Forum. Not officially...yet...but we can see the writing on the wall. Such as the fact that there's no feedback thread about the announcement, which is a first. They don't care what we think of the move. They're doing it regardless of what the players think. Which is kind of their recent pattern.
Very good point! I had not considered that!

Even if the discord bots can moderate discussions you would still need a team all be it smaller than the existing one to moderate the bots. That's because the bots would moderate the forums discussion by removing unnecessary content. And real moderators would direct discourse maybe?

Johnny B. Goode

Even if the discord bots can moderate discussions you would still need a team all be it smaller than the existing one to moderate the bots. That's because the bots would moderate the forums discussion by removing unnecessary content. And real moderators would direct discourse maybe?
Treading on thin ice here, but there is very little moderation of this Forum, and Discord would be way harder to moderate because it would be impossible to keep up with it all. Hence it being a free-for-all there. Once upon a time (when I was first here and long before my stint as a moderator) the Forum was a great place with a great moderator who epitomized what that job should look like (still miss you here, Jaelis). Bots cannot moderate as well as a human who is good at it can. They can only do what is programmed, and moderation fairly often involves dealing with things on a case by case basis and dealing with a poster directly.

The Lady Redneck

I think it will end up like Global on Steroids. INNO may not just do away with the forum. how about global chat? They cannot monitor that properly either. So they will have no chance when all the trolls get onto Discord. After all they will not even need to use their game name there.

Sharmon the Impaler

The players can be outed on Discord and there are minors playing this game , Inno won't win any awards for throwing kids into the swamp that it will be.

Wildelk68

The players can be outed on Discord and there are minors playing this game , Inno won't win any awards for throwing kids into the swamp that it will be.
True enough and if the Forum IS eliminated, which seems likely, INNO will have effectively rid itself of all comments and suggestions about the game whether good or bad! so there will be NO Discord on Discord!!

Angel.

It’s not a dead link, there simply isn’t any articles posted at the moment. It’s still where news gets posted. Plus the additional links are quite helpful
its a dead link nonthing there to discuss at all.an no place to discuss it

Emberguard

Dead link
As in link not working at all? Or barely anything in it (due to it being brand new)?

Should look like this, with the part I’ve circled in red being what you would click in the link

IMG_3892.png

Emberguard

Nothing in it really

Well that’s cause it’s only just been created. The announcements in it are from the time of creation. So if the worry is “where will future updates be posted, outside of discord, in the event of no forums?”, that’s where they’ll be

I haven’t asked if it’ll get retroactive updates added into it, but it’ll certainly have any future updates as they’re released