• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discord/Forum Removal

If the Forums are removed, what will your reaction be?

• Leaving the game

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Being less active

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No longer spending

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Don't care/no reaction

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Will join Discord

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Won't join Discord

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

Ebeondi Asi

Since all my Guilds have Discord groups, that many find useful.. i will also add Foe. Whether i use it depends a lot on what will happen in the future.
Personally the Forums as they are now have little value other than as a place to waste time (for me).. a place to whine / complain about Foe things (for many) and a place to argue nit picking over trivial words (a few longtime players ) anda few bit for fun, (Like the ban thread)
The loss of the Forums will hurt no one except a few new players seeking answers. (but lately they seem to not even be willing to listen! . AkA the plunder thread that was just run. The newbie seemed incapable of actually listening?
Anyway the current Forums have no value other than to blow off steam, or waste time. Same as what the new Discord will do. So why get your panties in a bunch? :cool:
The one use for the current Forums might be to have the announcements And threads pertaining to them. If they can make a Foe channel in discord for those after a time .. The the Forums as they are now can die.
Discord can be very complex with many side bits. And where players can invite others, exclude others etc.Making new areas to discuss things within/adjacent to the main line. I would think after a short time a lot of possibilities will open up

Johnny B. Goode

I'm not 100% sure that I would leave the game, but it becomes much more of a possibility if the Forum is removed. As I've stated in the thread I started, I will not use Discord. Which means that if they kill the Forum I will no longer see Announcements or Updates. The Forum is an organized, accessible place to have discussions. Discord is not.
The one use for the current Forums might be to have the announcements And threads pertaining to them. If they can make a Foe channel in discord for those after a time .. The the Forums as they are now can die.
Your whole post is nothing but your personal view of the Forum, which I obviously don't share. This section of your post is just hogwash. As has been shown in the other thread, I am not the only one who won't use Discord. Inno may not care (probably doesn't, since there's no official feedback thread for this), but it's even more indicative of the complete disdain they have for their customers if they ignore us and kill the Forum.

Dursland

The announcements and updates will be posted on the support page, and I'd assume that's what the announcements in game will link to. Discord doesn't support the formatting for standard announcements, like in-line pictures.

I'd already bookmarked this link earlier in anticipation of having to go to it when the forums are shut down.

I may join the official Discord when it's more seasoned and hopefully calms down some.

I'd rather they didn't remove the forums but it won't change my playing experience.

Be Chuille

I would describe it as a bunch of adolescent boys but that would be disrespectful of adolescent boys. ;)
FoE Discord is much worse than Global Chat. They can add images, gifs etc. It is a slime pit. I tried it. It did not take long to see that it was useless. I am not going to log in to sift through tons of noise and garbage trying to find something useful. It is not worth my time, and the vulgarity is offensive.
Some seem to be using it as an FoE dating site too.
People are also posting hyperlinks to all kinds of things. I would not click on those!

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

FoE Discord is much worse than Global Chat. They can add images, gifs etc. It is a slime pit. I tried it. It did not take long to see that it was useless. I am not going to log in to sift through tons of noise and garbage trying to find something useful. It is not worth my time, and the vulgarity is offensive.
People are also posting hyperlinks to all kinds of things. I would not click on those!
I looked at FOE Discord for a few minutes and called it quits the moment I saw that banned players have access to it. I'll get my news from the Support channel if the Forum is shut down.

Sharmon the Impaler

This can almost be a sticky I agree with it so much !

Angel.

i wont no part of discord have said it on the beta page an now here .
no thank you .get filthy messages just from globle chat .wont add to it

Oh is this what all this discussion is about I've only just started using the forums. It would be a shame to lose them though. I can see a use for foe integration with discord. Possibly through webhooks and the like to enhance various guild discords and even ones made by entire world's. It could be very useful for community unification and other things. But the complete replacement of forums could be a huge undertake in moderation alone. This sounds like a nightmare for the staff who ever they are.

Graviton

It wouldn't change my activity in the game itself, it would just redirect where I post.
I don't think I'd quit just because of the forum change, but I wouldn't be posting on Discord either. I have an account that I started for other games that I play but I've never posted there and the format isn't conducive to getting questions answered nor for finding much info at all, really. In fact before this announcement I hadn't signed on to Discord for months.

Last edited:

Orius Maximus

I've already stated that I won't go anywhere near Discord. I suppose it's okay for a guild that already uses it, but it's a terrible way to share information. I won't quit over it, but it'll probably kill more of my interest in the game without the information about events. There's the usual YouTube channels but I'd rather come here.

honey55

I wont be joining discord either and have decided to go ahead and delete this forum as well. I guess i understand them wanting to use discord but I'm not a bit interested in joining. Now I'll quit wasting time here. I'll still read the beta forum for the time being..