• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discuss the Spring Garden Contest Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3

Do NOT post your garden screenshots on this thread.

Details of the Garden Contest are posted in this thread --> <click here>
Post your screenshots for contest entry on this thread ---> <click here>

DeletedUser3

lol, sorry about that guys/gals, I forgot to open the thread. Chat away, and remember to post your entries in the other thread, not this one. ;)

DeletedUser

I hope the contest won't be dominated by the people with the most resources (most expensive decorations etc.) or biggest garden plots, but by the most thoughtful arrangement of the items and spaces that are available to each player. This seems like a difficult contest to judge, though it would be fun to try.

Also, I agree with LadyoftheLake. Could we see a gallery of entries after the winners are announced?

DeletedUser4229

How do I do a screensave? Is the URL link enough?

Do NOT post your garden screenshots on this thread.

Details of the Garden Contest are posted in this thread --> <click here>
Post your screenshots for contest entry on this thread ---> <click here>

Actually got it saved as a pdf but see no where to attach to my entry....!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3051

Am I the only one that actually made a garden? Feeling bit stupid!!!:unsure:

DeletedUser

If you are the only one, then you should get all the prizes. So don't feel stupid, feel damn lucky.

I doubt you are, though. You cannot see the other entries is all.

DeletedUser4217

I made a garden, even though it is kind of small. I hope the judges still smile upon me. Did not have much room at the moment. :)

DeletedUser2574

I finished my garden & took a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to attach it?
I don't have an account on any of the pic sharing sights listed, but it says you can just attach the pic to your entry- has anyone figured out how to do this?

DeletedUser4229

No, I moved a lot of stuff and made one too......

- - - Updated - - -

JoshuaBlue,
No, I have exactly the same problem. Have a pdf and no where to attach....!

DeletedUser

The easiest way to post your entry is to use Windows "snipping tool", save the snip and then upload it into tinypic.com. From there, you can copy the link for forums and just paste in your post.

If you don't happen to have the snipping tool, then you have to take a screenshot. Control/prt scrn or similar on your keyboard. This will copy that picture onto your clipboard. Open paint and paste. Then either save and upload into tinypic or chop and save and upload.

DeletedUser2145

You cannot upload pdf. However, you can upload any of these: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

All you have to do is when you're writing the reply/post, press the "Insert Image" button. It's right next to the link/unlink buttons in the options that you see for editing your post. When you click on it, you'll be able to either upload an image from your computer or add an image from a hosting site using the url you have from that site.

I hope that helps. :)

DeletedUser3

Yes, after the contest is concluded, and the winners are awarded, I will post all valid entries in the Art Museum. ;)

Visit this site for instructions on how to capture a screenshot ---> http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Once you obtain a screenshot, utilize one of the many websites to host your image (such as http://www.tinypic.com). You may then copy the url of your image and use one of the many bbcode options provided in these forums to link your image to your entry in the Contest Entry thread. Do note, other image hosting sites are posted in the Contest Entry thread. Good luck.

DeletedUser

I finished my garden & took a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to attach it?
I don't have an account on any of the pic sharing sights listed, but it says you can just attach the pic to your entry- has anyone figured out how to do this?

Use tinypic.com to upload your screen shot and when it's uploaded it will give you different ways to link/embed it.

DeletedUser

Okay, I have my garden and posted it. How do we find out if it was posted properly? Doesn't do any good if the pic didn't go through. Could we get a "your entry was received" message? Its the not knowing that gets me. lol

With respect, Greystorm.

DeletedUser3052

Okay, I have my garden and posted it. How do we find out if it was posted properly? Doesn't do any good if the pic didn't go through. Could we get a "your entry was received" message? Its the not knowing that gets me. lol

With respect, Greystorm.

Agreed as well. Good luck to the participants.

DeletedUser

You are not alone in making a garden. I suspect a lot more who have not announced, or haven't decided yet. There's still time. We'll see what happens on and after the 28th.

DeletedUser4181

you can upload from your pc to your profile under pics and then post it fom thier to the entry.use your name link at the top of the forum login .

- - - Updated - - -

sorry under your profile look for albums click and uplad pic

DeletedUser4251

I think I did it correctly. I finished my garden yesterday, and after a lot of frustration, after messaging Hellstromm, and putting in a question submittance, I finally posted it. What you do is go to one of the picture sites, make an account, then post the URL, onto the contest posting thread. (I wish there was a way to make sure mine worked although)

Trescruces Sparrow (Brisgard)

Status
Not open for further replies.