• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discussion: How important is aiding in FOE today?

Beorn Bear

I'm at 481/414 in Modern, Traz at 54. I agree that the effect of the boost isn't massive, but I look at the cities of the top players in my friend list in the late ages and see lots of Marble Gateways, Rotundas, Carousels, etc none of them giving over 10% and also using space. Compared to that, 30% and no space used has to be of value. Someone could take out 3 or 4 buildings, replace them with the Tavern boost, and use the space for something else.
Except there's nothing else worth having in those spaces. With your attack boost and Traz at 54, there's nothing else worthwhile to put in that space. Between GE and GBG you should be able to amass tons of goods and FP with that army. And with almost 500% attack boost, another 30% is not just not massive, it's inconsequential.

SomePlayer5000

Aiding is good, it increases by 20 coins every age, the extra coins make up for scouting, pricey researches/buildings when it comes to coins, and buying forge points, as well as infiltrating sectors. Its pretty useful if you happen to have a large guild. Or at least just your neighborhood. Im in HMA and I have 400K just from aiding for the last couple weeks and stuff.

Last edited:

Agaselle

Love to mention the feeling of having real people visiting and aiding each other .For a reason of beeing active and taking care of buisness.When all that does not attrackt youre attention enough then think of the bright sight , always think of the bright side of time playing forge of empires and collecting those silver tavern coins , regardless of what kind of happy play characters you may meet there , I even got a note left about the friends tavern on my personal vendetta avatar.....//best of greats ....//happy game day

Kranyar the Mysterious

Aiding is good, it increases by 20 coins every age, the extra coins make up for scouting, pricey researches/buildings when it comes to coins, and buying forge points, as well as infiltrating sectors. Its pretty useful if you happen to have a large guild. Or at least just your neighborhood.
Holy Necro, Batman!

I will add though that after the first couple of eras, no one is concerning themselves with the coins they get from aiding.

Ebeondi Asi

Getting aided is important. The best way to be sure of getting enough aid is to give it to every Friend and Guildie every day. (and clearing off Friends list those who do not aid enough. After awhile you can have a friends list filled with players who aid often enough so city is fully aided every day.
Some players use the Friends list as a cache for folks they snipe. Self aiders, silly players,, and they probably still get enough aid t cover the imporatant buildings in their city.
Some players ask to be friends and depend on getting aided with no intention of ever aiding back. Hoping the players they select never clear off their deadwood. I am sue it works. and why clearing of the non aiding is important.
For early players the aiding is a huge asset for gaining Coins. (some suggest joining Guilds aiding and quitting endlessly to get a hoard of Coins early on. Later Ages the pittance of coins from aiding is of no matter.

Emberguard

I’d say the importance of Aid isn’t as much as it used to be. Still important as then your stuff is protected, but there’s a lot more of the buildings that produce without Aid now

Pericles the Lion

I think that the usefulness depends on what level the player's ARC is - if they have one. Until they get ARC to a point where taking P1-P5 becomes cost-effective, aiding is a good source of blueprints.

KNWBOOKS

I'm at the point where I only need 30 aids or so a day. I have 100 friends, and near the end of the day, people are aiding without buildings to aid. I don't think it's very important. However, I do have a friends' list of mostly active and helpful players.

Agaselle

Aiding is the ideas behind forging empires and supporting others. That does not apply to players who want to play alone. Thats why Inno has a forum
,so that people can change theire game play . Take it from the source , become more active when it counts , it does not cost you anything...........

Last edited: