• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Do Great Building Blueprint Trades actually work right?

• Thread starter DeletedUser36501
  • Start date

DeletedUser36501

Hello,
I've been playing for a while now and I am trying to get a couple blueprints to finish the Cathedral of Aachen and Hagia Sophia. Problem I am running into is I have obtained plenty of blueprints for them, but they are all grouping in wrong spots. For both of these, I have 2 empty spots, when I get another blueprint, such as from helping someone level their building, it adds to another spot adding to it, so x2, x3, etc... If I do a Trade 2:1 I would have assumed it would trade down and fill an open slot, but it does not, it just seems to add a Blueprint to another spot that already has one. I have done this about a half dozen times already on the Cathedral and it is a little annoying it will not fill the empty ones.

How does FOE determine where it places the Blueprints? Is there something special I need to do, besides spend diamonds, to be able to get Blueprints for these empty spots or do I just give up on them? Both of the buildings are considered Early Middle Ages and I am in Colonial Age so perhaps that has something to do with it as well.

Thanks.

Graviton

The BP you trade for is a random one, it can be any piece. You just have to keep getting them and trading them until you get lucky. Or pay diamonds for them, but I wouldn't advise that.

RazorbackPirate

When you do a 2 for 1 blueprint trade, the blueprint you get in return is completely random ... almost. The blueprint you get will always be different from the 2 you traded. So when you select 2 different blueprints to trade, you have a 1 in 7, or 2 in 7 chance of getting a missing blueprint, if you select two of the same print (when it has 3 or more, don't ever do this) you have a 1 in 8, or 2 in 8 chance of getting the correct blueprint.

It works right, the problem is by the time you get to the last 1 or 2 missing prints, whether it's 1 in 7, 2 in 7, 1 in 8, 2 in 8, 1 in 9, or 2 in 9, the odds are very much against you. No matter what, it always seems to take forever to get that last print, trading 2 for 1 or not.

DeletedUser32824

Make sure you are choosing 2 BP spots with x2 or higher and not one spot with x3 or higher. If you choose 2 spots, it chooses 1 of the 7 other spots. If you choose the x3, it chooses 1 of the other 8.

I'm with you, though. I've probably traded like 8 times for my last temple of relics BP and still haven't gotten it.