• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do you actually visit your friends cities?

ScreamingZiva

I try designing my city so it looks pleasing (its a mess right now and needs a redesign) but I often wonder, does anyone actually see it besides me? I very rarely visit my friends cities (I do aid though).

Do people visit friends cities or are they just an aid factory?

Angry.Blanket

I dont, I know some are really into that and see that as the purpose of FOE and exclude any aspect that resembles competition.

Expletive Deleted

I will look at cities of friends and guildmates when they are asking for tips or advice. See what kind of things they have / lack. Other than that, not really, no.

Dominator - X

Unless a player is plundering, assisting or bored, there is no reason to visit anyone's city. And visiting isn't going to cure much boredom.

PJS299

I look at other cities to see their organization skills, and judge their efficiency.

And if I suspect that someone is an alt, then I look and see if they have the same play/city style.

planetofthehumans2

1. If I'm plundering, and IF I COULD GET PLUNDERED to hide my synthesizers behind annoying stuff so they can't click it lol
2. To give advise on someones city
3. Sometimes I compliment a newer players city just because
4. Sometimes I'll go to my hood an see what other players in my age cities look like - who still has synthesizers and for what, do they have a lot of a certain building or not, inspiration for my city if I'm facing a tough choice

For me personally, I organize by size/width of the building and then to try to maximize the amount of road that I can actually freaking see for incidents.

For example, spot the incident below:
CsyHwFE.png

bgRTyoy.png

iejxTHc.png

Road incidents are THE absolutely worst part of the game. Impossible to find, required for SAT tasks...

peterparker088

returning player here (deleted my city a couple years ago, but it's good to be back).

it's not unusual for me to study friends' cities when deciding on GB combos for attack boosts or other boosts. also, when i've been plundered, i get an irresistible urge to study the plunderer's city and game out their boosts so I can compete better, lol ; )

checking out other cities gave me the idea to keep older unpaved/1-lane roads at the outer edges of my city (when i don't need updated roads for production, happiness, etc).

Last edited:

ScreamingZiva

Speaking of, how does your forge bowl/orange roof area look after upgrading the Athlon Abbey?
Heh. I actually got enough Athlon Abbey selection kits and epic selection kits that I was able to build and upgrade two more to Azure. I left the orange one where it is. :)

Dursland

I check other players' cities from time to time. Mostly ones ranked around me, so I can see how little I am spending compared to them lol.

They'll be ranked below me with 12 of an event building I got 3 of. It's funny.

Ironrooster

I look occasionally, just to see if a departed player left behind a decoration I can aid every day for my Seed Vault.

xivarmy

I mostly look at someone's city when invited to do so - maybe they're looking for ideas where to fit the new event building for instance.

Occasionally though I'll go visit neighbor cities just for the hell of it - usually shortly after trying to emphasize just how casual the average player is, I might do a little visiting to remind myself too!