• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do you focus on military or goods production? Why?

DeletedUser11247

Also, would alternatives to battling be a consistent source to medals? Please list some (certain events. Quests, and such)

DeletedUser27889

I think it really depends on what type of player do you want to be. Do you prefer to negotiate or fight? Personally I like the fighting that being said I'm still at a low enough era I can do both. I think it's important to stock pile goods, especially from CA on where you will need to refine them later.

For me hands down swapping FPs on GBs yields the highest amount of medals. I also work to win the PVP tower. Repeating quests will also give medals, once the diamond option has been won. For some events I've targeted medal packages. You can get some from treasure chest.

Deal Castle also gives medals. So does the Coliseum but you really don't want to be building that one. The victory tower though it only gives you medals once a week is only 1x1 and doesn't need a road. I have a pole house that gives medals when motivated. And the Shrine of Awe gives medals when motivated also. You can win some in GE. Some of the multi production buildings, Soccer field, bazaar, have a medal option.

Algona

Both.

When I started I was all about Goods, built all 5 of the earlier Goods GBs, had 6 or 8 Goods buildings in city, produced a couple hundred Goods per day This was effective in allowing me to advance my game state, and once I figured out Collect on Time, it worked fine for me.

About a 15 months ago, I got my hands on Traz. Everything changed. Now with 3 Roque Hideouts, a Champ Retreat, a couple PME barracks and 1 barracks of whatever Age my Guild is fighting I manage yo score medals in 7 PvP towers, and still produce hundreds of Goods per day

The advent of GE changed everything though. There really is no need to choose now between Goods anf militayr, do both. If I were a relatively new player, I'd invest in a couple barracks, ToR, combat GBs as they come available, The rewards in GE are too good to pass up. The free troops alone have a snowball effect.

Best bets for regular production of Medals without combat are Special Event Buildings, SoA, WW, VT, others. Victory Towers are also avaialable rarely in GE through ToR I believe. Recurring Quests pay Medals after you win the one time Diamond prize. If you are truly desperate, Colosseum, although I am firm believer that'friends don;t let friends build Colosseum or Notre Dame.'

DeletedUser26965

For me it all depends on what's going on in the guild. I like to be flexible enough to throw 30 IA goods buildings or 10 Archer Buildings down, whatever the case may be for GvG, peoples GB, trade, treasury, it all just kind of ebbs and flows for me anyway.

Like Manda I believe my main source for medals are gb investments. I never really gave it much thought and never paid attention to the "Battle Point" towers so I never really got points from there. Regardless I've gotten 17 Victory Expansions done so far. Table Guide to all buildings, units, towers and expansions

DeletedUser11247

Hmm. I usually use FPs for research unless I can comfortably feel confident that I can meet the goods requirement for GB, and if I really want it. Being only in IndA I feel like I still have a long way to go on the tech tree.
I know deal castle gives a huge load of medals, but dang is it huge.

Mustapha00

One side effect of the new Neighborhood Assignment Matrix is that whatever Age most players are in has become quite a bit more competitive in terms of the number of tower points you'll need to earn medals.

However....and someone please correct me if I am wrong- there is nothing at all preventing you from building a barracks of an earlier Age and fighting for that particular tower. In GE level one, you fight AI units which are one Age earlier than your own and only moderately boosted, so it wouldn't be difficult at all to use troops one Age earlier than the one you're in to earn tower points in that Age. If I have it right, you'll be competing against other players in your Neighborhood which are using troops of that same Age, so the competition shouldn't be nearly so tough.

Past that....I probably get most of my medals from recurring quests first and then from GB contributions. If you're going the quest route, I strongly recommend building the Chateau Frontenac GB, as that boosts quest rewards (coin, supplies, goods, medals and Diamonds). If going the GB contribution route, focus on later Age GBs because, even at low levels, they give a ton of medals for even the #4 and #5 contributors.