• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does the Continent Map modify the unit's attributes?

Sir RA

I just moved to the European Map and noticed the field is different and there are deficiencies in my troops. When I went to move my Jaeger it could only move 3-4 spaces forward when it is represented to move 16. The field is clear with no obstructions and my Lancers moved through the same area just fine. This subjected my Jaegers to repeated artillery hits because I was moving too slow. I had chosen the Jaeger for it's ability to move. My Howitzers also could not fire 4 spaces ahead, but my Howitzers were being hit by their Howitzers at that distance. Fortunately, because of my boost I still won, but as I progress the opponents will have more boost also. This disadvantage will be critical. Solution please or is this an unfair advantage?

Lord Pest

Yes use tanks and or infantry. The increased movement cost will make it hard to win on the PE map using Industrial Age units.

Sir RA

Your information is much appreciated. I will try to compensate for the disadvantage.

Unfortunately, it will take me a little time to prep for a move to PE. Learned early on to stay in each Era until properly prepared for the next.

Thx

Lord Pest

I was in the Industrial Age for 1 year. I used that time to get an arc and get it to 80. I then leveled the GBs I considered important into the 60s and 70s. Used the time to build a strong base. I’m in FE now and have always been at or near the top of the hood and playing the game well has become easy.

DeletedUser

The higher you progress in a section of map the higher the attrition numbers go too. Look on the pre-combat screen and mouse over one of the opponents to see the multiplier disadvantage. It's not nearly as high as later stage attacks in GE or GbG but it is there

Glockgemini

So boosting my combat GBs and getting combat specials just results in Inno boosting troop strength in GE and GBG? What's the point? My combat boost is only usable on Hood City Defense?

Algona

So boosting my combat GBs and getting combat specials just results in Inno boosting troop strength in GE and GBG?

No. That is not true. Your combat boost has no effect on the troop boosts you face in any combat.

GBG troops get tougher as Attrition increases.

GE troops get higher boosts as you move up in Era.

Agent327

The higher you progress in a section of map the higher the attrition numbers go too. Look on the pre-combat screen and mouse over one of the opponents to see the multiplier disadvantage. It's not nearly as high as later stage attacks in GE or GbG but it is there

Question is about the Continent Map. You do not get attrition on the Continent Map. Attrition is a percentage value. Continent Map does not have that.

So boosting my combat GBs and getting combat specials just results in Inno boosting troop strength in GE and GBG? What's the point? My combat boost is only usable on Hood City Defense?

No, troop strength on the Continent Map is fixed. Same for GE. It has absolutely nothing to do with attrition. Before GBG, the concwept was not even part of the game.