• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Don't know if this has been addressed!

Ryche

Hello FOE'ers,

I have been playing FOE for 8 (almost 9) years. The one thing that irks me is, I'll be donating to a GB and all of a sudden I can't anymore. There are only a couple reasons that come to mind, either the person has unfriended me or perhaps had their account deleted. My question is how do you get rid of the GB on my GB donation list?

Emberguard

There are only a couple reasons that come to mind, either the person has unfriended me or perhaps had their account deleted.
Neither of those scenarios are correct.
1) Their friend status is irrelevant once you've got a donation on their Great Building: You can contribute until the level is finished
2) If the account is deleted it will no longer display in your contribution list: The Great Building will not exist for you to be able to open it.

I'll be donating to a GB and all of a sudden I can't anymore.
There's only two instances in which this can occur:
1) The Great Building is disconnected from the road. Great Buildings can only be contributed to if it's connected to the road
2) The game bugged, but that usually fixes itself very quickly

UBERhelp1

IIRC once you've got FP on a GB, you can keep putting FP on it unless it's disconnected. That's why if you're a sniper, it can be worthwhile to put a single FP on GB you want to watch for hoodies when hoods start changing.

Ryche

Thank you for the info. I currently have one such GB that I can't donate to on my list. I have a few FPs on it and the owner has a couple. Both names are greyed out and I'm unable to contribute.

The reason I want it off my list is, if I can't contribute to it, get rid of it.

Johnny B. Goode

IIRC once you've got FP on a GB, you can keep putting FP on it unless it's disconnected. That's why if you're a sniper, it can be worthwhile to put a single FP on GB you want to watch for hoodies when hoods start changing.
To clarify, this is only true for that level. If the other player leaves the hood or unfriends you then you can continue to contribute to any GB that you have outstanding donations on, but only until it levels. Once it levels, you can't contribute anymore unless they return to your hood, you friend them, or you end up in the same guild.

UBERhelp1

To clarify, this is only true for that level. If the other player leaves the hood or unfriends you then you can continue to contribute to any GB that you have outstanding donations on, but only until it levels. Once it levels, you can't contribute anymore unless they return to your hood, you friend them, or you end up in the same guild.
In my opinion that's fine then. You don't want people accessing your GB long after you've left their guild, FL, or hood.