• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser29352

Only attack cities with 2 defenders? That is silly. What levels are your Zeus, CdM, CoA and Alcatraz?

Edit — I looked it up. CoA — not built yet. AO — not built yet. Alcatraz— not built yet. On second thought, I agree with your military strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

Only attack cities with 2 defenders? That is silly. What levels are your Zeus, CdM, CoA and Alcatraz?

I think you missed the part where he said your time is better spent sniping. Main value that he's pushing is forge points and using the Arc to produce and push out more.

DeletedUser29352

Did you know that you can do both? Of course he advocates parking in HMA which is silly. There may be nothing to plunder there. The goods are worthless.

DeletedUser31440

Did you know that you can do both? Of course he advocates parking in HMA which is silly. There may be nothing to plunder there. The goods are worthless.

Not always, if you only have time for one he's advocating to go the sniping route. Plundering in HMA may not be great, but the sniping opportunities are probably better. Since he's pushing to maximize fp's it may make sense, it might not though. However if he is correct you'll have more opportunities to spend fp's and at a lower requirement to complete the RQ.

DeletedUser29218

I would say, read the guide again.

It is funny, because your answer to him was going to be my answer to you.
Ozyman already answered. Not everyone can/wants to spend so much time here, and sniping >> plundering.
Plundering is only very profitable, when there has been a recent event with lots of plunderbait.
When I plunder (because a quest ask me to do so, or I am marking the territory with a hoodie) I plunder fp whenever posible, or supplies to do more ubq. Goods are almost as useless in HMA than in colonial. If I were to do charity work I wouldn't choose one association over the other because I get 0.03$/h instead of 0$/h. The big bucks in this game are FP.

i dont understand chapters 8 and 9 ... i dont understand how they are different from one another and i dont understand why they are in the guide.... as this is a guide to rushing a lv 80 arc. Shouldnt it be over once you get to the point of having a lv 80 arc?

maybe make another guide on how to use an 80 arc?

fun read though ... good work :)

Chapters 8 and 9 will be more like a bonus section.

Chapter 7 will be on hold until January.

DeletedUser29352

When you learn about unrefined goods, you will think differently. There’s more value to CA goods than HMA goods. But you didn’t answer my question. What levels are your attack GBs?

DeletedUser29218

My attack GB are higher lvl than they should (because when I decided to lvl them I didn't have the knowledge I have now). As for what lvl they should be, that's already in the guide. You can use Ctr+F if you are lazy, look for "zeus".

If you keep posting these type of questions, this will be the last time I reply to you. If you want to disagree with someone, the least you can do is read what they say and try to understand it. Otherwise you are just throwing rocks into the fog.

DeletedUser29352

I’m actually commenting. I don’t really relish any replies from you. This is a flawed strategy. Your GBs are underleveled and you are floundering in HMA.

DeletedUser31308

I can't imagine that there's really much benefit to staying in HMA. You miss out on double recurring quests, and the extra expansions from tech. CA goods are worth 4x the amount that HMA are worth. They are much easier to use to get your CDM goods and Traz goods, instead of using FPs to trade for them. The only benefit I see in your guide related to being in HMA is the reduced quest costs, but I believe that's offset by the increase in land and the double recurring quest slots. No math to back it up though.

DeletedUser29218

The only benefit I see in your guide related to being in HMA is the reduced quest costs, but I believe that's offset by the increase in land and the double recurring quest slots. No math to back it up though.

I did the math. A player who stays in HMA and upgrades his GB will get more FP than if he had decided to advance to colonial.

The point of this guide is to get your Arc to lvl 80 as fast as possible. That should be the focus. All these guides get bloated because people feel the need to post comments that are intended to discredit the author or others. If you can’t add to the discussion in a constructive way then stay away or go create your own “guide”

DeletedUser29218

As a side note for our ME era players - I park in ME and RaH is a life saver. Its much harder to get supplies at ME and run the RQ's then HMA. So, for a good HQS farm in ME, RaH will help a lot.
Hi Jobu. This might very well be true for ME players who are doing RQ in ME such as yourself (honestly, I don't know; I haven't been in that situation and haven't planned for it). However, I'm quite confident that in the context of this guide, it is not.

When I decide to leave HMA, I will have a massive amount of FP income and maybe a high (read as lvl 50+) CF too. At that point, we won't have any need of doing UBQs in ME, and we will be able to gather all goods and supplies required for tech just by doing several "spent FP" quests. So, in the context of this guide (I want to emphatise this) it is much better to fuel and empower the arc engine as much as posible, than building RAH to solve a problem that might or might not exist later.

Than why are you so far behind? I would recheck your math.
You have no shame. Last 3 weeks your FP production was about 8k lower than mine (the data was shared by yourself...). You also started playing earlier than me, and most likely bought SoKs with $$.

Yet you keep coming here to spit empty words. Please, if you have nothing of value to add, don't comment here anymore.

DeletedUser29218

I hope you enjoyed the event today. Popcorns are 10$ each, I also accept payment in the form of SoKs or free goodies from high eras.
The theater will be closed until further notice due to incompatibility with my other jobs.

Jokes aside, please let's do as MrMJS said. Let's keep the topic of the comments to discussions that add value to the guide.

DeletedUser29352

Hi Jobu. This might very well be true for ME players who are doing RQ in ME such as yourself (honestly, I don't know; I haven't been in that situation and haven't planned for it). However, I'm quite confident that in the context of this guide, it is not.

You have no shame. Last 3 weeks your FP production was about 8k lower than mine (the data was shared by yourself...). You also started playing earlier than me, and most likely bought SoKs with $$.

Yet you keep coming here to spit empty words. Please, if you have nothing of value to add, don't comment here anymore.
You are just making it up as you go along. If your city produces more Forge points than mine, why are you so far behind me. Why do I have 9 fully leveled GBs that you haven’t even built yet? We started at the same time. Oh, and you are also 4 ages behind.

Let’s compare notes. I see that in December you left your long-standing alliance to join a highly ranked one that I guess was willing to take an HMA. Good. You will be safe there. In the meantime, I have left my alliance and started fighting solo GVG against top alliances in maps ranging from HMA to PE. I can do that because I’m strong. You need to flee to safety because you are weak. Guess who is having more fun? These games have a limited life. I certainly won’t play one for very long. So enjoy your spreadsheets, sunshine.