• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser29218

Hello reader, I'm Dulahan!

I started playing 264 days ago in the Spanish server, F wolrd and I have a lvl 64 arc. Some people in my world, and in the forums have asked me how I did it, so I decided to share it. This will be an improvement compared to the path I took, as I have much more experience and knowledge now.
I believe anyone who follows this guide and is dedicated enough to the game, will reach lvl 60 arc in less than 200 days. Lvl 80 is achievable too, specially now that daily challenges are around. Testimonial here.

This guide is meant for active players starting in another world, or people who has the mentality of researching before doing, and might be difficult to understand for new players who just want to 'play the game'.

It is important that you understand that this guide will provide guidelines, not instructions on what you have to do. This means that you can -and should- adapt it to your personal boundary conditions (i.e. not building sophia if your useful special buildings already cover your happyness needs) but you shouldn't break the basic rules (i.e. building barracks in HMA) -that is, if you expect the best results.

This also means I will not be addressing questions of "I'm here, what to do?". Instead I'll answer questions of "what do you think about doing this instead of that [insert math justification that supports your argument] or [insert any explanation that suggests that any of the hypotheses or calculations in this guide are wrong]".

Disclaimers!

1. Before starting to read the whole guide, you might consider skimming throught the first three chapters, because what I recommend is not suited for everyone.

2. I have stopped playing the game, due to changes in priorities within my life. I keep checking the forum from time to time, but I cannot say how long I'll be doing it. Everything that has been written is valid up until, at least, May 2018.
For new updates/recent discussions, pay special attention to @ThruTHEhead @xivarmy, they have proven to write insighful comments in the past.

3. Careful about some trolls around this thread, do not feed them and do not try to argue, it is a pointless exercise.

Now and without further ado, let's go to the guide itself.

CONTENTS:

Chapter 1. Why rush to lvl 80 arc?
Chapter 2. The two paths
Chapter 3. The golden rules
Chapter 4. Pre HMA stage: Getting out of the mud
Chapter 5. Early HMA stage: Setting up the recurring quest engine

Chapter 6. Middle HMA stage: Growing your GBs and FP production
Chapter 7. Late HMA stage: beginning of the lvl 80 Arc Project
Chapter 8. Post lvl 80 arc
Author's notes

Annex 1 . Continent Map
Annex 2a. Guild expedition: fighting with rogues in HMA
Annex 2b. Guild expedition: negotiating in HMA
Annex 3. Events and other Special buildings
Annex 4. Great Buildings

FAQ

Glossary

Change log:

23/05/2018 Added testimonials, updated disclaimer
19/2/2018 Added Chapter 8
16/2/2018 A bunch of minor changes across the guide
31/1/2018 Added Chapter 7 and a FAQ section
25/12/2017 Added a GB section, to avoid further confusions
17/12/2017 Added a few Annexes
9/12/2017 Chapters up to 6 completed

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Chapter 1. Why rush to lvl 80 arc?

The answer is that a lvl 80 arc rush is the best strategy for FP generation and GB leveling.

Some people think that space is the most important resource, but it is not. The most relevant resource is FP because with FP you can do anything you want. And, unlike space, FP are unlimited. It's no surprise the strongest player will be the one who can produce the highest amount of FP.

This definition goes beyond the standard breakdown of playstyles into military, building and trade. This guide doesn't aim to teach you how to be proficient on these roles (although it covers some stuff, like how to reliably finish guild expedition IV). What it does is providing a way to generate tons of FP, and FP is power (FP in this game are like skillpoints in clasic RPG games). Then you can use this power to increase your military, building and trade facets however you want. High lvl arc allows 3 things:

1- Sniping.
Sniping means putting FP into someone else's GB, and getting more FP as a result. It is like investing money in real life, but with little to no risk. Never invest into a GB unless you have the reward secured. Don't be that guy who spends 10fp a day hoping to earn some BP rewards.

2- GB skyrocketing.
By end game, you want to have all the GBs important to your playstile at high level. The next graph shows the cost of each level of Inno Tower with 2 groups: one that trades FP evenly but has no arc, and one that does the same, but everyone in the group has a lvl 80 arc. I think it is pretty self-explanatory.

upload_2017-12-9_16-11-11.png

3-GB efficiency.
If you look at the previous graph you will see that the level which has the highest cost (for lvl 80 arcs) is lvl 10. This phenomenon is also common to other GB. Some GB, like zeus, provide a strong benefit the first 10 lvls. Others, like Canaveral Cape have a constant or almost constant benefit thorough all the levels.

Let's analyse what happens with CC once you have lvl 80 arc. Increasing the FP production by 1 costs 558 at lvl 11, but only 218 at lvl 41! This means that no arc users will have to go through the most expensive levels (7-21) for every GB they build, while arc users can focus on a single one, and rapidly reach the "golden levels" (around 35-55) where their return on the FP spent is much higher.

Chapter 2. The two paths
From all the different strategies I've seen people do and attempt, there are 2 that stand out.

The first one will be deeply discussed in this guide. It consists in taking advantage of certaing aspects that HMA has (namely recurring quests, guild expeditions and a quiet neighbourhood) and park there until the engine for FP generation is fully developed.

The second one is completely different. It consist in efficiently rushing through the ages until you reach last era, then sell goods for FP to lower aged players. It is explained in the best FoE guide I've seen. The guide is so good that I have to recommend it even if you don't want to follow it, there is a lot of quality information for advanced players.

Chapter 3. The golden rules
These rules are applicable to all the stages of the game. If you break them, you better have a very good explanation for it.

It might be because you want to pursue other game goals that are different from 'becoming strong', or you got bored of camping the same age for months. Those are fair reasons, but be aware that you are setting yourself behind in mid-long term.

1- Never ever build any goods building (except if a quests ask you to do so, then proceed to sell it lol). Goods should be produced by recurring quests, not goods buildings. Doesn't matter what age are you in.
2- Never ever build inefficient buildings, doesn't matter if they are shinny or they are called "special".
3- Never do anything that reduces the total amount of FP you will earn
4- Don't build military buildings in HMA, or any other era you park in. Standard troops are provided by guild expedition. They will be enough to handle the expedition plus some neighbourhood activity (provided you have rogues). If your guild forces you to fight GvG, and you absolutely must stay in that guild, consider Alcatraz (I would change guilds though, any guild should be happy to have one guy finishing all expeditions and generously filling the treasury.
5- Don't hunt for BP in GB that aren't named CF (for first set) or arc. Even for those, don't overpay.
On the opposite side, don't be that guy that spams his GB all the time in global chat. If you spam it, be sure that it's a reasonable opportunity.
6- Pick your FP trade budies carefully. If someone chooses when and where they put their FP and you don't, you are being ripped off. Get these people out of your sight.
7- Try to follow the "no asshole rule". Even in a game I think it is valid, there is no reason to be one.

Chapter 4. Pre HMA stage: Getting out of the mud

This and the following chapters will follow this structure: I will write a score that displays how confident I am in the content I will show next, which is a mixture of the experience I have, the things I want to test but didn't have the chance, and the overall importance of that stage in the "big scheme of things".

Duration: from day 1 in Bronze Age to the research of alchemy, in High Middle Ages
Chapter score: 3/5. I don't have much experience here (just 1 playthrough), but with the information I provide added to some basic understanding about recurring quests shouldn't bring you far from the "perfect path", because the overall duration of this stage is quite low.

General advices :
-Don't have any decorations, get cultural buildings instead
-Plundering: only plunder those defending with 2 spearfighters. You should only use unnatached units from GE or, at most, one barrack. (This chan change if you start to play in the middle of a event that gives away highly profitable buildings, like maraja palaces).
-Use all available space
-Connect your buildings with the roads in their shortest dimension.
-Research only the path leading to expansions and to the next era.
-Before bed/work select the 'spend FP' recurring quest, use all your FP, and then complete the quest when you are back. This way you get an extra recurring quest. This is also valid for HMA
-Unlock the tecnologies in pairs (when posible). This way you get 1 extra recurring quests. This is also valid for HMA
-Get to recurring quests asap, aborting the side quest you find on your way, unless they are very easy to do and the rewards are good. This is also valid for HMA
-Research towards unlocking the smallest supply building of your era.
-Build few of the supply buildings of your era (even if they are big) and set them to 24h production.
-Don't spend all your resources in Unbirthday Quests, save some because you will need to rebuild your city in the next era. Ideally, do some maths on the resources you'll need before advancing, you can use excel or a calculator.
-You may do guild jumping (check Glarg's thread) to gather BP that you will need in the future. Staying in the same guild to take advantage of guild expeditions is also a decent choice. I'm not knowledgeable enough to give a clear recommendation, but I would go for guild jumping if you have the time.

Housing
In bronze age (and maybe iron age). The starting houses you get give more gold/hour than the ones you research during the questline. If you are active and collect every 5 minutes, you should keep these.
For other ages you should build the houses with the highest population, because they will allow you to put more production buildings (which means more recurring quests). This is also valid for HMA (until you build Inno Tower).

Friends and guild
Add 80 friends in day 1. Afterwards promote yourself saying you will be active and are looking for friends, but cannot send invites. If you world has already started, add only people from Progresive Era or Future era; you will need blueprints, the sooner you start, the better. If you have good knowledge of the game, you might even start to look for your PE, FE goods seller (be sure to properly communicate expected time if that's the case).

Continent Map
I will write an annex talking exclusively about it later. For now, let's say you should be very cautious, and don't conquer nor explore any province that doesn't give land expansions.

Chapter 5. Early HMA stage: Setting up the recurring quest engine
Duration: from day 1 in HMA to having StM, LoA and CF
Chapter score: 4.5/5. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5/5 is because there are some things that I'm 99% sure they are correct, but I haven't math-tested enough.

Brief explanation: We will be parking in HMA for months. The main reason for that is that HMA is the best era for FP generation, thanks to recurring quests. It is also an era where you can reliably finish 64 encounters in GE without any military building or GB. And lastly, it is an era where you very rarely get plundered if you have 8 troops of your era in defense.

The focus of early HMA stage is on recurring quests. Recurring quests provide you with ALL the goods needed to negotiate the last encounters of GE, some medals for expansions and the so needed FP to start snowballing and growing your GBs. Typically, you will follow these steps:

1. The first thing you must do is to fill your entire city with Alchemists until you have no more population available, to drastically increase your recurring quest number. You only want high pop. houses, alchemists, roads and happyness buildings. Time your collections so collect everything at the same hour.
If you have useful special buildings, use these too (special buildings will have its own Annex at the end of this guide).

2. The second is to find a guild that opens, at least, lvl 3 guild expedition. At this stage of the game your FP production is very low, and GE is a big chunk of it. Obviously, go as far as you can, but do not build any barracks for it. Having access to 7 rogues (from special events) helps immensely, and so does extra turn negotiation in tabern boost.

3. Next is research until the high population houses (urban houses). Once you replace old houses with new ones, you will be able to fit more alchemists (instead of houses). Remember, keep your population as close to 0 as posible.
4. Build LoA and StM as soon as you get the 9 BP, but don't hunt for BP. If you have repeated BP, you can trade 2x1, but don't trade 2 of the same repeated BP, always do 1-1.
5. You need to have CF asap. Work on finding a good seller (or lessor) of PE goods in exchange of FP. The criteria I would follow to choose the seller are: (this will be valid for arc too)
-price,
-FP recovery. Does he let you put the FP at a good time to gather good contribution rewards?
-Can you put the FP on his CF and get some BP?
-Other potential activities together in the future
-Background check (has he sold before? did anyone complain?)
-Trade execution. The goods seller usually pays before. Also consider if he lets you pay by hourly FP production, or in one sweep with packs.

For the BP, you should have been motivating PE buildings since day 1. Hopefully you are not too unlucky with BP, as this is something that can slow you down a lot.

6. Whatever GB you get, start leveling it. The priority is CF >> StM > LoA.
CF first because it has the most impact in questing, and it is a big part of your gold generation (at this stage you will barely have SoKs or Sacred Sky Watches).
StM second because, despite having a low amount of SoKs to benefit from, the production is highly skewed towards supplies, and you need coins to do UBQs (you want the FP to start snowballing now not later). LoA should be kept at lvl 1 until your coin production starts to get close to your supply production, leveling it is not efficient otherwise.

Notes about plundering: Now that you park in HMA, you do not need to keep a barrack for plundering, the unattached buildings from GE are enough to plunder against spearfighter defenses. I don't recommend fighting against people with good defenses. This is valid for the next stages too.

In fact, at some point in the game you stop plundering because the hood doesn't have atractive buildings to plunder. You don't want to make your neighbours angry just in case someone takes it too personal and atacks you over and over until you are caught (and plundered) off-time Also, the time is better spent looking for GB sniping.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Chapter 6. Middle HMA stage: Growing your GBs and FP production
Duration: once you have CF, StM and LoA until you are ready to start lvling arc past lvl 10.
Chapter score: 4.5/5. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5/5 is because there are some things that I'm 99% sure they are correct, but I haven't math-tested enough.

In Middle HMA stage you have a good base of recurring quests and have build the roots of your FP production. Now the goal is to further increase your FP production to be able to fund the lvl 80 arc project in a reasonable timeframe.

After you have just a few levels on CF you should be able to finish all 64 encounters in GE. If you haven't before, get in a guild that opens lvl 4 each week ASAP.
You might also consider removing your friends from PE and adding friends from FE for extra arc BP. If you do so, be courteous and write a good goodbye note (remember the no asshole rule :p).

By the end of Middle HMA stage we will have the following GB:

-Arc (lvl 10)
-Inno Tower (lvl 1). Optional but very recommended if we can find a nice goods seller.
-Frontenac (??). Probably 5-10. At least enough to negotiate all GE4.
-LoA (lvl ??). Probably lvl 2-3
-StM (lvl ??). Depends a lot on the number of SoKs and SSW that we can get.
-Cape Canaveral (around lvl 4). Optional, only recommended if we can find a very nice good seller.
-Temple of relics (lvl 1). Build it when you have the BP, but don't level it.
-Hagia Sophia (lvl ??). Situational. Build only if the useful buildings from the special events + roads don't cover your happyness needs, and you are using (and will keep doing so in the near future) more than 27 tiles, roads included in non-events-cultural buildingsultural building to offset it. If you build it, keep it at lvl 3.
-CdM (lvl ??). Optional. This one is actually on the edge of being worth it or not. The reason is that it competes with alchemists for FP production, but CdM requires FP investment, and alchemists don't.
If your guild has a rule to put FP on GB platforms, don't have access to cheap goods for Inno Tower and expect a long lvl 80 arc project (because there aren't lvl 80 arcs in your server, or you couldn't make good deals with them) build it until lvl 3. If not... don't build it until you have finished your lvl 80 arc project.

So, where these levels come from? What should you build and level first? The answer is very simple for some albeit frightening for others: math. Yes, you guessed right, it is math time, and you are going to be the one who does it! I'm sorry but I am not going to do this for you. Firstly, because every player has different buildings and conditions. And secondly because the goal in this guide is to provide a method, not to give you the fish (remember when I said guidelines, but not instructions?)

Now, get to work! Start an excel file, input your CF, LoA and StM bonuses, as well as your number of alchemist and special buildings, and calculate the average number of RQ you do each day. Shouldn't take you longer than 1h. I realise what comes next will not be user friendly for people with non-engineering backgrounds. I'll listen to any posible questions and try to improve it.

I recommend you to organise it in the following way, which is a simplification of what I did. If you have another way to model the problem and works for you, go for it (and share, I'm interested to know).

First calculations
- Total gold produced. Make a row for each different building you have. One column for the name of the building, another with the base daily production, a 3rd one with the number of buildings of that type you have, and a last one for the real production (that includes happyness, StM and motivation bonuses). Then, the total gold produced is the sum of that last colum.

For the motivation, you could consider a motivation %, and distribute it evenly among all your buildings. But don't make the mistake of ignoring motivation priorities: SoKs, Lord Manor, SKW will always be motivated, and marajás palaces can't be motivated.

- Total supplies produced. Make a row for each different building you have. One column for the name of the building, another with the base daily production, a 3rd one with the number of buildings of that type you have, and a last one for the real production (that includes happyness, LoA, tabern and motivation bonuses). Then, the total supplies produced is the sum of that last colum.

Here, it gets a bit tricky because LoA bonus only affects 40 buildings, and you will have more than that. The simplest way to do that (althought not the most elegant) is to consider 2 different buildings (thus 2 rows). First row will have 40 alchemist (less if you have special buildings like palaces) and you will include LoA bonus there. The 2nd row will have the rest and no LoA bonus.

Quests calculations
- Produce 2x saltpeter quests = number of alchemist/2, rounded down.
- Gather 25k coins = coins produced/25k. It is not 100% accurate, because you can't make perfect packs of 25k coins with your buildings, but it will be good enough.
- Spent FP. Set an arbitrary number here. It depends on the way you do your FP swaps, and if you can do batches of 38FP
- UBQ. Pay 8k coins, 8k supplies = min (total coins produced, total supplies produced) / 8k
- Feedback UBQ. This is the term I use to describe the extra quests you are able to do by reinvesting the coins & supply rewards from the other quests, until you are left with 0 coins and supplies. It depends on the "base number of quests", a factor that depends on your CF level, and the era you are in.
For HMA and CF lvl 10, the "feedback factor" is 1,365; so you can ignore the Feedback UBQ term and consider that your coins and supply rewards are 0, and all the other rewards are increased by 36.5%

FP calculations
This is were it gets most interesting.
For converting the recurring quests into expected FP returns, you need to know the % ocurrences of each RQ reward. So 100RQ (including feedback UBQs, base amount was 73,21) produce 35,71FP 447 goods, 535 medals and 7 BP per day.

Now, make a row for each source of FP, like this
upload_2017-12-9_16-17-5.png

Congratz! This should have taken you around 2h, but that time is much better spent than in atacking neighbours that don't have anything useful to plunder. Now that you have everything about your city written in your excel sheet, you can change the cells that define each GB bonus (for example, the %coins of StM) and see the impact on your FP production.
The next GB you are going to upgrade is the one that has highest FP increase/effective cost.
Effective cost = FP required to upgrade that lvl * return on FP factor.

"Return on FP factor" is how many FP you get back for every FP invested in a FP swap, and depends on how good are you on managing your FP trades. For example, if you exchange 100FP and lock a 1st reward worth 50FP, your return factor is 50%. In the same example, if you had a lvl 29 arc (50% bonus) your return factor would be 75%.
This return factor is obviously different for each individual exchange of FP, but you should try to estimate the average return factor in your last exchanges (even if it is just a rough guess), and use it as a reference.

Return factor, effective FP and Arc
Return factor is one of the reasons why a lvl 80 arc is so powerful, but we will also use it to evaluate how much a lvl 10 arc is worth. This will allow to answer the question of: when should we purchase the goods for lvl 10 arc?

First, be honest with yourself and think which is your current returning factor (if it's very low, think about redefining the way you trade FP with others). For the sake of simple numbers, let's magine it is 25%. A lvl 10 arc has a bonus of 31% contribution reward, which turns your 25% returning factor into 32.75%. This means that for every 100FP you exchange, you are getting 132.75 back. But those 32.75 extra FP will be reinvested in another trade, resulting in another 10.72FP. If you do this many times over, you are left with 148,7 FP. There is a formula for this, but a very easy way to do so is to apply this procedure 10 times until no FP are left to be reinvested (I did the same when calculating feedback UBQ and CF). Here is how it looks like.

upload_2017-12-9_16-20-27.png

We will call these 148,7 FP in this example "effective FP". And for the following calculations, we will always be talking about effective FP. The reason is that we want to be able to compare oranges with oranges, and apples with apples when we decide which GB to level next.

So, when deciding whether to put an extra level in StM or purchasing the goods for arc and leveling it to 10, we will compare the increase in return on investment (ROI) defined as ROI = increase in effective FP/effective cost.
We will be comparing a lvl 10 arc, whose costs are the FP required to purchase the goods (minus the reward we get on the seller GB) + the cost of lvling the arc, from lvl 0 to 10. This assumption seems reasonable, as there is a high initial cost in purchasing the goods, and arc scales very well until lvl 10.

There are 2 more factors that I haven't talked about.
1- Arc requires space, which is currently used by alchemist and housing. So, when we modify some cells in our excel file, we also have to reduce the number of alchemists and houses. This consideration is something you will have to do before building the other GBs too (Monte, CC, Sophia, etc.)
2- Arc makes you more proficient at sniping. This is something that cannot be modeled by math. You will have to compare the results of both choices, and decide if you want to produce 140FP, or produce 138FP and be better at sniping.

Houses, Inno Tower, % motivations and Terrace Farms
The last thing in the puzzle that hasn't been 'converted into apples' yet is when one should build Inno Tower. And that is the most difficult thing to do, because the 4 subjects mentioned above are interrelated.

Inno Tower allows you cover all the population needs, allowing you to sell all the housing and gain extra space. And this poses a trade-off: is it worth losing the gold generated by houses in exchange for that extra space? This is a part of the problem.

The other part of the problem is that, if you didn't have 100% motivated buildings, you probably will after getting rid of the houses. If that's the case, consider a middle ground scenario: collect 2 times per day (instead of 3 times, every 8h). This way you will get more motivations on the important buildings, alchemists. As for the excel sheet, I recommend that all your calculations 'call' to a cell defined as %motivation, so you can easily see what happens with your FP production when more buildings get motivated.

A 3rd part of the problem are Terrace farms. Terrace farms FP production (per tile) is much greater than the equivalent in RQ... if you don't need extra houses (that is, if you have IT). So, if you have 3 farms in the inventory, IT will be much more important that if you don't.

And the last, hidden part of the problem is happyness. You need to keep IT at level 1 to be able to maintain happyness. Even at lvl 1, you might not have enough (and if you need to build a cultural building for that... you will lose the space that you gained). IT at lvl 1 gives 3600 population, be sure you can manage that.

How to proceed, now that we know all the pieces of the puzzle? Easy. Go back to your excel sheet, save a backup copy (just in case...) and start modifying paramenters.
Check how much space you gain by adding a 6x6 but removing houses (remember roads also!). Delete the houses from your gold production, and add the extra alchemist/TF you can put in. Does the FP production increase? Good! Now take into account the cost of the materials, and compare the ROI of the FP in materials vs the ROI of the FP in another GB.

What's next?

Now you might be wondering: I have a method that lets me choose what investment gives me more value for my money, but I haven't heard anything about lvl 80 arc yet. When should I start to level it?

This time there is also (easy) math, but there is more to that. Depending on how nice and strong are your friends/guildies as well as your ability to negotiate with them, the 10-->80 Arc project might be faster or slower. Your luck so far with events and guild expedition (did you get many SoKs, Maraja Palace, SSW, TF, etc.) is another factor that has a huge impact. And a 3rd factor is: are there any juicy friends/guilds/neighbours shouting to be snipped by a middle level arc?

These 3 factors combine into a single question. At which ROI (return on investment, for FP) should I stop leveling my other GBs and start the lvl 80 project? I can't say for certain -and I didn't do it in my current world- but, If I were to do it again, I would go with around 180 days. In other words, start lvling your arc to 11 when it takes more than 180 days to recover the FP spend in your other GBs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Chapter 7. Late HMA stage: beginning of the lvl 80 Arc Project
Duration: From the moment the first FP towards the lvl 11 is donated, until you have a lvl 80 arc
Chapter score: 4/5. There are many ways to do it, and the best way highly depends on your luck and social skills. I believe I am doing it very efficiently, but it could be better.

In Late HMA stage you have a strong base of FP production to fund the lvl 80 arc. Once you start, go all the way to lvl 80. Do not sidetrack.

Common ways to lvl GBs

1. Small group swaps (from now on I'll refer to them as "group".
These are a personal agreement between 2 or more people to trade FPs. Most people trade a fixed amount of FP per day because it is simple, but they shouldn't. They should agree on a metric criteria that all members consider fair, and stick to that criteria for each lvl of their GBs. I recommend a "net FP" criteria (if we both trade 100fp but I get back 6 more FPs, I donate 3 extra to you).
About whether arc bonuses should be taken into account, I think yes. There multiple ways to do so, but I do not think I should be explaining them. I'll leave this to you.

2. Guild infinite chains. From now on I'll refer to them as "guild".
They are one of the most common ways people use to trade FPs. I would define them as a "wicked lottery". It is a lotery because no prize is guaranted, and it is wicked because with evil intentions you can step over your guild mates and earn extra FPs for you at their loss. There are some practises that are generally considered fair (such as targetting a few of GBs for your trades) and there are others with more malice (I won't mention them). Be sure to ask the guild what are the rules and the morals regarding the chains, check if they are indeed true, and follow them.

3. Self lvl. From now on I'll refer to it as "self".
You put FP in your own GB and call others when there is a good opportunity for them to contribute (be it FPs or BPs). This is the most used strategy by noob players, but that doesn't mean it is bad. Everything has its time and space.

Jobu posted a more detailed version of the first 2 methods.

The most important thing in every method is that you don't get the bad end of the stick. Don't do trades just for the sake of doing them, do trades where you end up equal or ahead of the rest. But do not cross the "scumbag line". For arc lvling, the best is that you combine them.

Whatever way you do, there are 2 important topics to keep in mind.
1- Don't unlock all lvls you have BPs for. For lvl 30+ you'll want to keep a control about who invest in your GB and when.
2- You need a plan (even if that plan can change) for the next 70 lvls. This allows you to negotiate favorable deals with lvl 80 arc owners. You'll offer them consistency at getting 1st/2nd rewards in exchange for less benefits on their part.

Breaking points
In fact, breaking bands is a more correct definition, but breaking bands sounds terrible, doesn't it?
There are some lvls in arc lvling where something changes. These are:

-lvl 10. When the benefit of lvling arc diminishes (from a 2-3% per lvl to 1%). This causes a change in the GB lvling priorities

-lvl ~15 onwards. Rewards become increasingly large to the point you can easily be sniped if you are not careful. You can take advantage of that by offering sniping opportunities to high arcs (and an agreed ratio) or use group carefully to avoid giving away your rewards.

-lvl 30-70. 1st and 2nd can be sniped with 80 arc for a great benefit.

-lvl 48-58. When you reach this lvl you can start sniping some lvl of other arcs from the start. This means you won't need more BPs at this point, so plan accordingly. This also means that the amount of FP packs for snipes you need is much higher, so it is a wise idea to save some when you approach it.

-lvl 58. Each lvl gives 0.5% instead of 1%. It slows down progresion, but doesn't really change anything.

-lvl 74. 1st and 2nd can't be sniped anymore from the start. You need to put a few fp at the beginning of each lvl, but that doesn't really change anything.

-lvl 80. Each lvl gives 0.1% instead of 0.5%. This causes a change in the GB lvling priorities.

10-80 lvling methods
Some other experienced people opt for a group-based approach. A group-based approach is good because it is simple, quite linear and doesn't pose much problems regarding BPs.

I opted for a marked-based approach. The basic principle is that contribution rewards in your arc (both fp and bp) have different value for different people. So, instead of sharing equally within a group, you want to tailor each reward to the best customer. This is roughtly what I would do.

-First lvls (until ~10-15) use Guild. In Guild there are some winners and some losers, but if you are active you'll belong to the first group. I don't recommend group because at low lvls there aren't many BPs, but it is also ok.

-Lvls (10-15 to 20-29) use Self or Group. Self is more efficient if there are 80 arcs, but you'll have to hunt BPs outside. There is always a segment of players who rush things, and you'll find cheap BPs from them.

-Lvls 30-74. In these lvls having an agreement with 2 80 arc owners is more important than ever. For 3rd-5th positions, you can do self or group. I do not recommend doing group past lvl 50 though (read breakpoints).
Bear in mind that last positions in these lvls have a lot of BPs, make sure your guild and global chat know about that, but do not spam.

-Lvls 74-80. These can't be locked from the start, and become incrementally more expensive. However, you'll have great sniping power at this time, they won't last long. Use the same lvling ways that for 30-74.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Chapter 8. Post lvl 80 arc
Duration: When the lvl 80 arc goal is achieved
Chapter score: 3.5/5. Although it isn't as insightful as the other sections, I think I'm providing quality information in the form of things to think about.

Once you have the lvl 80 arc there are 3 main strategic plans:

1- Powerlvl military GBs. If you feel you are strong enough, and don't care about growing faster anymore. Eventually, everyone does this, but being "strong enough" varies from person to person.

2- Powerlvl FP GBs. If you want to keep maximizing growth, but do not want to play forge of trade (this is what I'm doing).

3- Powerlvl CF + tech advance. If you want to keep maximizing growth, this is the best path (specially in new worlds). BUT you need to spent more time in the game selling goods (finding customers, explaining how the trade will be done, deciding when and where you want the goods, negotiating a bit, etc.)

Whatever path you take, there are a couple of things you must do/keep in mind.

Arc clubs
Find (or setup) a lvl 80 arc club, the more members the better. An arc club is a restricted entrance swap group, where lvl 80+ arc owners trade FP as equals. The most common way to organise it is an announcement-based system (you prepare your GB so that each position can be locked with 1.9x contribution rewards, and members of the club put the FPs at no loss). There are slightly better ways to do so, but I'll let you figure them out. An arc club has 3 main advantages:

1. Saving FP and time spent ingame.
2. It fixes any BP concern you might have. When I finished my arc I wanted to powerlvl CC, but I had only 5 lvls unlocked. Since then I've upgraded it 1 lvl each day, and now my CC is lvl 50 and have 20+ lvls ready to unlock.
3. You can do as many Spent FP quests as you want when contributing to other people's GBs.

FP reserves
You will need to increase your FP reserves by a noticeable amount. First because a lvl 80 arc has greater sniping power that needs to be matched by more FP reserves. But mostly because you will have to contribute to the club activities. As a reference value I'm usually around 20-25k invested FPs and today I peaked at 30k (this obviously will be different for each player).

ROI
The lvl 80 arc provides so many FPs that it completely warps the concept of ROI and forces you to rethink the way you see it. I expected it, but didn't understand it fully until I got mine.
You can't compare the ROI of individual lvls in GBs anymore, you need to look at the costs and benefits of the lvls 1-80 as a whole, consider double-dipping, consider people screwing over your doble dipping, people contributing to your GBs looking for BPs and other things I might have forgotten.

General conclusions
You will, most likely, spent FPs in different sources at the same time in order to make the best use of double-dipping and external donations to your GBs. There is a chance that powerlvling several lvls a day in a single, best GB is a better choice, but I think that will be rare. Mathematically solving this question is very impractical because there are way too many parameters and uncertainities, so my advise is the following one:

First find a FP pool (investments+reserves) that you are comfortable with. You don't need to be too conservative, because if your reserves run too low you can reduce your club activity for a couple of hours and be fine again. After that, keep spending roughly the same amount of FPs that you earn.

Path specific conclusions

1. Military path

I will not be adressing this here because it is not in my current interests and it is a topic quite far from the spirit of this guide. However, if you have read and understood it up to this point, I have no doubts that you will be able to figure it on your own.

2. FP GBs path
The GBs that directly generate FP are CC, HS, Monte, IT, AO, Kraken. Temple and CF also do so, indirectly.
For the reasons explained before if you don't spread the FPs between several GBs, you'll just keep acumulating FP packs that are sitting there which don't generate any revenue. So, it all boils down to a tier list in the FP efficiency of these GBs (and the secondary bonuses of the GBs). I've made the following assumtions:
-All contribution slots are filled with 90% arcs, without any outsiders trying to get BPs (a bit too pesimistic)
-You collect and double dip every 24h, without losing a single second (a bit too optimistic).
-The efficiency is measured as average ROI (FP produced daily by that GB/total FP spent in that GB) around lvls 60-80. After these lvls it is better to go from 0 to 60 in another GB
-Costs and contribution rewards were taken from wiki. Some lvls are missing at the lvl 65+ range, but there is enough info to make a decision. I've spotted some mistakes in individual lvls in the wiki as well (so there might be some more I haven't spotted) but overall I trust it and nevertheless, the deviation of the mistakes I found was very small.

Without further ado, here is the tier list:

1- CC. The best FP GB by far (makes sense as it only provides FPs). ROI in lvl ~80CC is as effective as ~65 HS
2- HS
3- IT. IT is close to HS (actually it is slightly better past lvl 60) but since it forces you into happyness, it falls behind. If you decide to tech advance, it becomes better as population becomes a positive asset instead of a dead weight.
4- AO. This doesn't include the goods costs. For some people might be a priority due to combat bonus.
5- Monte. For some people might be a priority due to combat bonus.
6- Kraken. This doesn't include the goods costs. For some people might be a priority due to combat bonus.
7 & 8- ToR and CF. I haven't typed all values of ToR due to lazyness, I'm assuming that the benefits from 59 to 60 are similar to the ones from lvl 10 to 11.

3. Goods selling path
I don't have first hand experience, so this part will be more of a checklist than a finished product. To have a successful business you will need:
-An efficient way to produce the goods (mainly Spent FP and Feedback UBQ RQ)
-An efficient distribution channel to market them (Spent time in the game, be good at marketing, build a good reputation and Network)
-A diversified portfolio, to reach as many customer segments as posible.

The first is achieved by leveling CF and keeping the arc club active. The second depends mostly in your social skills and the amount of time you want to be playing the game. The last is probably the trickiest.

If your goods production engine is powered by CF+RQ you are limited to current era goods. This is more restrictive backwards than fordwards (you can always advance to produce next era goods, but you can't go back). This poses the question of whether it is good to stay in an age such as progresive era to build a stock of 20k... 50k...200k (whatever amount you are happy with) before advancing to the last era you want to sell goods for (probably FE). On the one hand building a stock is good because you will be able to serve more customers in the future, but on the other hand you are losing customers from higher eras (thus more FP) now.
Of course, trading down is an option. But you'll need an extensive network of friends and guildies across the ages to do so. And even with the best posible network, I think you'll generate way more goods than the ones you are able to trade.

There is the posibility of trading at unfair rates for you (e.g 1:1 to lower eras). This would definitely give you an influx of lower era goods and make lots of neighbours happy, but it can have a negative, lasting impact. Short term you are giving high era goods for cheap, promoting competition (eventually someone could "steal" an arc customer from you when the only thing he had was the same amount of PE goods) or giving away "free" high era goods to potential customers. Long term you might be encouraging strange behaviours or, worse case scenario, damaging your reputation (how can you sell arc goods at a higher ratio than PE goods when everyone and their mother knows you trade 1:1).
This was just an example, but I think it is good enough to ilustrate the idea. I don't have enough knowledge in economics (I'd like to know more, but I have too many personal projects) but I think this case is similar to having a luxury good. If you own a company that sells expensive wine, lowering the price might yield better quarterly results, but in the end it will damage your company because the perceived value of the wine will drop. Actually, if there is any expert in the topic among the forumers, I'd really like to hear them out.

The last thing to decide is how the FP should be split between lvling CF and techs. Added to the previous concept of goods portfolio, there are 2 more factors: diamonds and donations from external people to your GB (that encourage a slow lvling process).
Recurring quests give diamonds only once, so there is an incentive to not advante techs at all until you are done powerlvling the CF. This means delaying the acquisition of high era goods, losing direct FP from sales and indirect FP from the snowballing effect these could have. My advise is to prioritise FPs over diamonds, as I don't see expansions that useful in very lategame.

Additional conclusions
I've separated this chapter into 3 different paths, but in fact they are not mutually exclusive (although some combinations make more sense than others). For example sitting in PE to build a big stock of alcatraz/CF sets while lvling CC and HS doesn't sound a terrible idea. Or lvling FP GBs but slowly building CF instead of AO (which is the tier 4 FP GB), for a later sprint to FE, also sounds reasonable.

Author's note
This chapter has been the most difficult to write because I'm still a kid in the world of lvl 80 arcs, the scope is much larger, the choices are not so clear-cut and there is a lot of uncertainities in multiple areas. You probably have noticed a change in writting style, from a framework-ish, more methodical style to an open questions, more interactive style.

This has been my longest guide ever in a game, I enjoyed quite a bit writting it, the debate that sprouted from it, and everything I've learnt when doing so. I'll keep updating, reading and participating in the comments to deliver a higher quality product, but I think it is close to the end.

Let me know in the comments if you like my dubsteb music, this is an experiment for me, so let me know if I should try it again, do more or whatever you think. So, thanks so much guys, and you're awesome (I wonder if anyone will recognise this quote).

On a more serious note, despite disagreeing with some parts (or all) of the strategy, I'd appreciate if you repply which parts of the guide you liked the most, which you didn't, which writting style do you prefer and why. And thanks so much guys, you're awesome.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Annex 1 . Continent Map
Chapter score: 2/5. These will be reasoned guesses, I haven't tested this. Use at your own risk.

The first thing I want to point out are goals here. The only thing we want from continent map is expansions. We do not care about quests, pvp towers (they offer a very small amount of medals in comparison to the other methods).

Advancing in the continent map has 2 costs: the military units/goods required to conquer a province and the province itself. What I meant with "the province itself" is that event quests related to continent map will be harder to pull off the more advanced you are, and eventually imposible without breaking your RQs or being pushed out of HMA [untested, but likely].

What we are going to do is conquer only the provinces that lead to expansions, leaving behind as many unscouted provinces as posible (for events). The wiki has good info about how to do so. We do this until the beginning of industrial era map, because there is a high chance that RQs would break. If anyone ever tests this, let me know and I'll update this section.
When doing event quests, spent unscouted provinces only when the prize is worthy of it!

Annex 2a. Guild expedition: fighting with rogues in HMA
Chapter score: 5/5. I've been fighting around 50 of the 64 encounters for months, by fighting with unattached rogues given from events and/or Temple of Relics, without any of them dying except for missclics.

If you somehow get 7 rogues (preferably unattached ones) GE becomes much easier. The idea is to fight the battles you can win with 0 losses and negotiate the rest. The enemy combinations are far more important than the bonus (in HMA the bonus is small anyway...) , maybe you can fight encounter 52 but have to negotiate encounter 15 if there is a bad combination. There are basically 4 types of encounters:

1- Full melee fight.
These are the easiest. Go with melee + 7 rogues. Just pass and wait for retaliation, then finish off the wounded in the next turn. The enemy has 8 soldiers and you have 7 rogues, so after your 7 rogues get converted you only take 1 hit, which isn't enough to kill any of your units.

2- Melee + archers
This is played in a similar way than the full melee fight, but you must be a bit careful. Stay out of range from enemy archers in their second turn. They will get close enough and this is when you finish them off. Depending on the layout (which is randomly generated) you might have to surrender and try again, until a more favourable layout appears.

3- Artillery + slow units (or slow+fast mix)
If the enemy has artillery, you also need artillery or all your rogues will get converted without taking advantage of the retaliation. Go with 1 artillery + 7 rogues. Here are the key aspects of these combats:
-Target enemy artillery first
-If you can't finish of an artillery unit within your 'round' (not turn of a single unit), target the artillery who is going to attack last. You will be able to attack before it in your next round. Otherwise, target always the units who attack earlier.
-Sit and wait for enemies to come. Avoid archers range, like you did in a melee + archers fight.
-Once the melees are close enough to threaten you, hit them with one attack of artillery followed by a hit from your rogues, that will kill them.
-Always beware of enemy range of attacks, sometimes heavy units will take too long to arrive, and you can ignore them until the very end.
-Your artillery can take one hit from any unit without dying, so consider winning the battle even if it means getting a scratch. The only exceptions are enemy rogues, they will oneshot artillery.
-Depending on the layout you might have to surrender and try again, until a more favourable layout appears.

3- Artillery + fast units
When I say fast units, I don't necesarily mean horses, I mean units who are able to attack you in their 1st/2nd turn. if the layout has many rocks, even horses can be considered slow units.
There is no safe and reliable way to win this encounter without losing at least 1 unit. Negotiate.
Note: This type of battles can be won without losses If you have high attack bonuses with a champion + 7 rogues. However, if you are following the guide you won't have enough bonus (and that is ok, negotiation is easy anyway...)

Annex 2b. Guild expedition: negotiating in HMA
Chapter score: 3.5/5. I negotiate most of lvl 4, without using any diamonds, and I do it quite efficiently. But explaining the " darkests secrets" of negotiating in flat text is difficult. Maybe some day I learn how to record and edit videos. The basics are:
1- Use tabern boost for extra turn (15 minutes) in last encounters of lvl III and most of lvl IV.
2- Do not use the boost until you are at maximum tries. If you have the rogues, you should be able to finish the 64 encounters in 2 or 3 uses.
3- Buying tries is perfectly reasonable, in HMA they are very cheap. But only do that if you are in the middle of a tabern boost, or if you have to travel or other real life stuff to take care of. In other words: they don't give you anything for finishing on Monday, so take it easy.
4- In case of a tie, use the cheapest materials (1 age below).
5- If you have 1 good 'pending to check' and 2 negotiation slots open, it is usually better to put 2 of a 'wrong player' good than to check last good.

Annex 3. Events and other Special buildings
Chapter score: 4.5/5. I will only refer to the buildings I have seen since I started playing (around April 2017). For further info, specific set layouts can be found in LOW guide, which I referenced to in Chapter 2.

-God Tier: Highly efficient FP buildings
Indian set, SoK, Cherry Set, lvl 7 bridge and lvl 7 heroes. Winter set might be here, but since it is reallistically imposible to get for non-diamond buyers, I haven't investigated at all.
You should aim for them in the events, get as many as you can.

-High Tier: Useful FP buildings
SSW, Terrace Farm, Bountiful Cider Mill, Black Tower, Sundial Spire
They have high FP/square, but not as good as God Tier. They can be divided in 2 groups:
  • Self-suficient buildings: they do not consume any resources (i.e. SSW, Sundial Spire).
  • Resource-based buildings. They consume another resource (i.e. Terrace Farms).
Your city should have as many self-suficient buildings as you have acquired, but for resource-based buildings the story might be different. For example: in HMA you need 500 population and 700 happyness to fit another TF. This is roughly ~3 houses (or extra lvls in IT) and a market (or extra lvls in sophia). Following the methodology described in Chapter 6 will allow you to see what's more efficient in your city.

-Situational Tier:
King Garden Set, Pavilion, Manor's house.

Those buildings aren't good enough for themselves, but if you need the resource they provide, they are better than the standard buildings.

-Trash Tier: useless buildings (for HMA)
Everything else. You are better with alchemists.

Annex 4. Great Buildings
Chapter score: 4.5/5. This annex is a compendium that clarifies which GB should be build and when, but does not add any new information if you have read the core guide (Chapters 1-8).

Must have GB before 80 arc.
These GB pay for themselves (or are close to do so) by the time the arc reaches 80 and also are good long-term GBs.
Temple of relics
St. Mark's Basillica
Chäteau Frontenac
Lighthouse of Alexandria
The arc

Must have GB. When is situational

These GB are good long-term GBs but will only pay for themselves fast enough depending of some 'trigger conditions'. If their trigger conditions are met, build them before lvl 80 arc. If they are not, build them afterwards.

Hagia Sophia. If you would need cultural buildings.
Castel del Monte. If you expect to have a long lvl 80 project.
Cape Canaveral. If you can access the goods for cheap/free
Innovation Tower. If you can access the goods for cheap/free. Note: IT > Cape

Must have after finishing lvl 80 arc.
These GB are good long-term GB but they offer minimal growth (read growth as FP-returns) so that's why we delay them until the completion of the lvl 80 arc project.
Statue of Zeus
Cathedral of Aachen
Alcatraz
Arctic orangery
The kraken

Gimmicks
They are only good for a very particular playstile. Even if you have that playstyile, you should build them only after lvl 80 arc.
Seed Vault
Atlantis Museum
Observatory

NEVER build
Oracle of Delphi
Colosseum
Tower of Babel
Notre Dame
Saint Basil's Cathedral
Deal Castle
Frauenkirche of dresden
Capitol
Royal Albert Hall
Space Needle
Atomium
The Habitat
Lotus Temple
Dynamic Tower
Rain Forest Project
Gaea Statue
Voyager V1

PS: I'm translating some words from their Spanish version, but there are always different ways to translate. If the English version uses different terminology, let me know -I don't want to make it extra confusing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

FAQ. Frequently asked questions:

1- HMA vs Colonial (and other ages)

Many people believe colonial is a better age to park in. The reason I chose HMA is based on math: you can do recurring quests more efficiently in HMA than in colonial, despite the lower space and single RQ slot. Oceanic Future is probably a better idea than HMA, but it is so far in the tech tree that getting to OF would take longer than getting the 80 arc in HMA.

HMA vs Colonial recurring quests:

Gather coins: 25k vs 100k (4x harder in Colonial)
SKW base gold production: 2.1k vs 4.2k (2x coins produced in Colonial)
SoKs and other coin buildings have similar ratios
Overall quest efficiency for gather coins: 2x in favour of HMA

Gather supplies + Produce 2x 24h supplies:
Produce 24h quests are equal in HMA and Colonial
But every 7th quest, in Colonial one can do an extra supplies quests
Overall quest efficiency for supply collection quests quests: 8/7= 1.14 in favour of Colonial

Gather supplies on other quests (2nd RQ slot):
On average you could complete 1 gather supply quests from supplies quest rewards from RQ slot #1 every 10.7 RQs. Because when near 110k some supplies are wasted, I'll work with 10 instead.
Overall quest efficiency for supply collection quests quests: 8/7= 1.1 in favour of Colonial

Space (land expansions in Colonial):
in HMA I have 61 expansions + 16 base = 77 land space. Lady Egwene thread suggests that you can get ahead in the continent map while in HMA to unlock more land expansions, but this has not been tested.
From HMA to Colonial there are 7 expansions in tech and 5 from continent map (according to wiki). That makes it 89 land expansions.
Overall quest efficiency for space: 89/77= 1.15 in favour of Colonial

UBQs: 8k coins + 8k supplies vs 25k coins + 30k supplies (3.125x coins, 3.75xsupplies harder in Colonial)
Alchemists/clockmakers base supplies production: 920 vs 1620 (1.76x supplies produced in Colonial)
SKW base gold production: 2.1k vs 4.2k (2x coins produced in Colonial)
Other buildings have similar ratios.
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ coins: 1.56x in favour of HMA
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ supplies: 2.13x in favour of HMA
Supplies is the limiting factor (althought not early game), so I'll assume a quest efficiency for UBQs of 2.13 in favour of HMA

Feedback UBQs: (UBQs that are being paid from "bad results" from other quets (coins and supplies)
in HMA the average returns of 1 UBQ is 0.26 (for both coins and supplies)
in Colonial the average returns of 1 UBQ is 0.2 for coins and 0.194 for supplies.
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ coins: 1.3x in favour of HMA
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ supplies: 1.34x in favour of HMA

Supplies is the limiting factor (althought not early game), so I'll assume a quest efficiency for UBQs of 1.34 in favour of HMA.

Spend FP: 38FP in HMA vs 53 in Colonial (wiki is wrong, has same FP listed in LMA and Colonial)
Overall quest efficiency for Spend FP: 1.4 in favour of HMA
This one becomes really important as FP generation and arc lvl increase.

Summary:
Compare the quest efficiency factors in HMA vs Colonial, HMA pulls far ahead. In addition, getting to Colonial from HMA requires ~2.5k FP that could be spent leveling snowballing GBs.
The colonial age goods, despite being more valuable than HMA, posses no trading power in FP (unless you are an expert scammer). And in HMA you have all the goods you want and more.

This is after donating to my guild in HMA and LMA GvG wars, and doing all the event quests of "donate xxx goods"
upload_2018-1-21_22-11-3.png

2- Why do you build Alcatraz only after lvl 80 arc? (see Annex 4)
Since @Arkenean answered that question better than I could, I'll just quote him/her.

In HMA -- assuming you're sole goal is to maximize FP production for this Level 80 Arc strategy -- traz isn't really that useful unless you're doing a ton of plundering and/or GvG. It requires the spending of FP to acquire the goods and BPs (assuming your guild does not provide it, and trading up for it would take a ridiculous amount of time), and when you compare it for the happiness alone it falls behind Hagia Sophia.

A level 5 HS will easily supply all the happiness (plus a few FPs) you need for this strategy, even after you get an Innovative Tower. If needed, it could be upgraded to 7/9/11 in the event that you have a boatload of terrace farms, but I'm assuming that isn't true for a new HMA city. In terms of space, HS also comes out ahead at 42 tiles vs 70 for Alcatraz. That's a difference of 4.6 alchemists or 2.3RQ/day. The extra units you receive are really unnecessary when you are swimming in goods from CF and able to negotiate everything, and/or have 7+ rouges and can fight 40-50 of the encounters each week. With a ToR + GE and completion of the Daily Challenge, you can easily have 7 rouges within the first month, and eventually be swimming in them (assuming you follow a careful strategy in battle -- I only lose ~1 rouge/month due to stupidity). You don't even need a rouge hideout to make this work, but they can help. You also don't need any combat bonus to do this, although it can also help. I manage with ~21% combat bonus right now and haven't built any combat GB except SoZ and instead have more room for Alchemists, SoK, and SSW.

The only situation I can see making Alcatraz useful in HMA is if you need it for mandatory GvG or like to plunder, but it is by no means optimal for FP production.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Glossary:

CC: Canaveral Cape
CdM: Castell del Monte
ToR: Temple of Relics
HS: Hagia Sophia
AO: Arctic Orangery
IT: Innovation Tower
GE: Guild expedition
FP: Forge Point
ROI: Return on investment
SoK: Shrine of Knowledge
SSW: Sacred Sky Watch
TF: Terrace Farm
RQ: Recurring Quest
UBQ: UnBirthday Quest (the one that ask you to pay coins and supplies)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

Interesting read so far. Looking forward to the rest. Ask questions now or wait for you ro finish?
Dunno. At the moment I consider the sections I have written as finished, although I might add stuff if I forgot something, or if the comments convince me I should do so.
I guess you can ask about these now. In the worst case it will be a "further development of the guide will explain/clarify it" or "I want to adress that issue, but prefer to expand on other topics first". So, no harm done ;)

Freshmeboy

DUDE...you're giving away all the trade secrets...! I would add several things to your guide and delete some others based on my philosophy but I just don't have that much time...However, I will say that players early on have no concept of the power of (the dark side) inventory fps....sniping at a loss to convert city points and bar points into inventory is a GOOD strategy. Too many players, new or otherwise think they deserve a point by point return much to their dismay when they want to snipe or swap at high levels. Unless your city has massive fp production you won't compete with the player who started small, sniping at opportune times and gained an inventory advantage. I've tried to explain this philosophy to noobs and guildmates but I seem to have failed...

DeletedUser29218

The next chapter is difficult to summarise and I'll need to gather some energy before comitting to it. Meanwhile I've written some short annexes.

Thanks for your correction JCera.
I'm missing a key aspect of continent map as well, I will appreciate if anyone knows/can test it.

DeletedUser31540

i dont understand chapters 8 and 9 ... i dont understand how they are different from one another and i dont understand why they are in the guide.... as this is a guide to rushing a lv 80 arc. Shouldnt it be over once you get to the point of having a lv 80 arc?

maybe make another guide on how to use an 80 arc?

fun read though ... good work :)