• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ear Hair

DeletedUser3

What is it with ear hair?!? Is it like the vestigial remains of our hairy-eared forefathers?! Omg, our ancestors were Ewoks!

ewok.jpg

DeletedUser

This qualifies as debate hall subject matter how?? lol I do believe the ear hair is actually their to help the sound vibrations though if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser3

It's a discussion on vestigials, associated with evolution. Figured I would start out the topic with a bit of humor. ;)

DeletedUser

helps keep dust and stuff out of the ear canal...I guess as we get older our bodies get more paranoid about dust, maybe?

Either that or that's where the hairs from the top of my head have decided to migrate!

DeletedUser

Yeah what is up with the anal hair situation?? its like you go to the bathroom to get rid of the waste and your body is like " NO I like being full of crap!" and so it grows anal hair to try and hold on to it.... ewwww thats nasty... :blink:

DeletedUser

Ear hair is like the olfactory systems protection mechanism, to keep harmful particulate matter from entering and causing damage. Evolution has failed it should be reversed. We need more ear and nasal hair in youth when we are more active and exposed to harmful elements as we hunt, fish, and forage. In our aged years we just sit around, why on God's green Earth would we need more hair in those places when we are less active?

DeletedUser

I believe the answer is quite simple.. as you get older your bodies natural defenses weaken. So your ear hair and nose hair thinkin to keep you from breathing potentially harmful particles into your lungs.. debris and such instead get caught in the tangle of over grown ear/nose hair.

DeletedUser

Never gave that much thought, Daniel. (Although ironically, people often say my head is geographically close to that location.)

Technically, we all have hair on every part of the skin, except for the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Maybe the hair cells around the buttocks think that if they over-achieve, they will get a promotion and be relocated to a better location.

DeletedUser

What about anal hair?
As Axeman said we sit on our lazy asses more when we get older. Fine if you have a chair, but otherwise that's 24 hours a day of sitting on dirt, leaves and rotting wood. We wouldn't want any of that going up the wrong way :p

DeletedUser

As Axeman said we sit on our lazy asses more when we get older. Fine if you have a chair, but otherwise that's 24 hours a day of sitting on dirt, leaves and rotting wood. We wouldn't want any of that going up the wrong way :p

Quite a disturbing thought, but enlightening nonetheless.

DeletedUser

Plus lets not forget if you let it grow long enough it may even create some cushion against all that dirt and rotten wood... :p

DeletedUser

Ear hair is there to help block out the wife's prattle. PS: Don't tell her that.

DeletedUser34

Ear hair is there to help block out the wife's prattle. PS: Don't tell her that.

LOL...and how well does it work? I imagine if she has something to say, you still hear it :p
women have creative ways to get their points across even if you can't hear them. How did dinner taste? Were your socks pink?

DeletedUser

LOL...and how well does it work? I imagine if she has something to say, you still hear it :p
women have creative ways to get their points across even if you can't hear them. How did dinner taste? Were your socks pink?
Because you are all quite manipulative.. and then wanna wonder why guys turn out to be so bad about settling down.. we are just looking for the puppet strings your trying to attach to us... :razz: lol I use my go ti for a form of this.. instead of blocking out what is said I grow it annoyingly long so women in general will just leave me the heck alone. lol :palready have one son i dont need no more..

DeletedUser34

here is a question....taking ear hair (and anal hair) out of the question...why body hair. It is annoying...at least for women. I spend half my shower removing most of it...so what is purpose?

DeletedUser

so what is purpose?
I believe the purpose is so you can feel insects and such crawling on your skin.. may not be the only purpose, but i do believe that is one of them... eyelashes are to keep dust out of our eyes.