• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Earlier Age GB size reduction

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been posted, but has Inno considered reducing the footprint of older GBs (only slightly) to make them more useful and reasonable to keep in our cities?

Possible Examples:
Babel and LoA - change from 4x4 to 3x3
CdM, St Basil, FoD - change from 5x5 to 4x4
Aachen and Notre Dame - change from 4x6 to 3x5

These examples aren't meant to be the entire population of changes, just a couple off the top of my head. Not only would it allow us to have more buildings, but the size of these old old buildings in real life would be more similar to the more modern GBs.

DeletedUser12620

Just imagine the headache ugh :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

Pretty much every GB has a size/fp development cost for the rewards you receive...the city planning aspect is never more important than when considering GBs to place now and in the future. Reducing the size lessens the impact of previous choices and dictates future ones without reducing the value of the GB, so the GB would need to be nerfed to some degree....Why not just accept the challenge at hand and make these decisions and live with them as we all do...? Remember, it's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great..

wolfhoundtoo

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been posted, but has Inno considered reducing the footprint of older GBs (only slightly) to make them more useful and reasonable to keep in our cities?

Possible Examples:

These examples aren't meant to be the entire population of changes, just a couple off the top of my head. Not only would it allow us to have more buildings, but the size of these old old buildings in real life would be more similar to the more modern GBs.

I'm confused..........who think that the CDM or the Aachen aren't worth their space? CDM gives forge points and attack/defense boost to your attacking armies (so long as you actually fight certainly the CDM doesn't become out dated). Aachen same thing if you fight it's well worth the space. If you don't fight then get rid of them if you don't think they are worth the space (and I can't imagine the Aachen is worth it if you don't fight).

For the rest if they aren't worth their size then get rid of them. Problem solved. There is just no way it would be feasible to resize the various GBs since as i'm sure others have pointed out that Inno designed all of the GBs to be trade offs based on their size. Any change would require adjustments to their benefits or the benefits of other GBs.

DeletedUser26532

The only GBs that are really outsized for what they provide are the Colosseum and Lotus Temple, and the latter primarily because Goods and Happiness is a terrible combination for a GB since we all have more than enough of each.

You could modify those without significant balance altering, but all the rest seem well-suited to me.

DeletedUser26154

The only GBs that are really outsized for what they provide are the Colosseum and Lotus Temple

For the most part, the Great Buildings are balanced, though Colosseum seems large.
As the eras progress, the Great Building's efficiency increases per square.
Barring the ones we consider useless.
Alcatraz is the size of Canada for a reason; the Alcatraz and the Arc are the two best G.B.s.

Big Brother is watching you.

01.jpg

DeletedUser26532

For the most part, the Great Buildings are balanced, though Colosseum seems large.
As the eras progress, the Great Building's efficiency increases per square.
Barring the ones we consider useless.

Agreed. Size is usually pretty commensurate to value. Space needle for example may be relatively useless because of the production option it has, but is small sized for its era. AO is huge because its awesome.

Alcatraz is the size of Canada ...

what you say punk?

canadian_mountie.png

Come at me bro

Angry+Canadian.jpg

DeletedUser27849

Possible Examples:

OH Hell No