• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easiest age after Iron for GE fighting

DeletedUser31498

So my main world I'm transitioning to a diamond farm. I have a RH, traz, wasted level 20+ Arc, etc.

I am in EMA, and don't enjoy the fighting at all. Is there a particular Age I should strive for to make auto-battling the easiest?

Is EMA easier than HMA, LMA, etc? If it's too advanced it's not worth the extra attack bonus I need most likely anyway.

Thanks for the input!

DeletedUser13736

I do not have much experience in HMA, but that is the age that I have heard is one of the easier ones. There is a guide by @HQS cant join forum that I will post soon, that should make it easier to decide. Pay attention the the HMA GE part, Annex 2a and 2b. While that guide was built for getting an ARC up as quickly as possible, it is quite possible to use it to farm GE I believe.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...sh-and-beyond-starting-from-bronze-age.20930/

Edit: I don't mean that you need to overhaul your city in favor of this guide, just trying to givesome useful info I have found.

DeletedUser26965

You don't enjoy battling because you can't auto battle? Is that the thing here? You know it seems battling the battle is actually an integral part of the game, unlike "abort quest" but I digress.

I haven't fought much in lower ages so I don't know if there's a magic age where suddenly one can auto all of GE with drummers or something. But I do know in GE the higher the age you are the stronger the encounters become in A/D bonus so you may want to consider that.

I also know that for the most part regardless if it's GE, PvP, or GvG you should at least consider the basics no matter the age, like an obvious thing like using flyers against Artillery, things like that.

I'm sure you can at least get some idea of unit differences by studying Units

DeletedUser31498

I see you also fear the mounted archers. Tuck will be proud.
lol. I was just very used to Iron Age, where Ballistas/Archers do the vast majority of auto-battling, and in EMA the Archers are horrendous since they're fast units. So EMA is annoying in that regard.

You don't enjoy battling because you can't auto battle? Is that the thing here? You know it seems battling the battle is actually an integral part of the game, unlike "abort quest" but I digress.

totally agree, but this is specifically for a diamond mine world so I don't want to waste time.

DeletedUser31498

I agree with the other posters here. I think Colonial is better than LMA, which is better than HMA, which is better than EMA. CE is better than all of them

And any estimate of required A/D bonus to accompany? As in if I have 50/50 let's say in EMA, is 50/50 in HMA still better? Or would that need idk 70/70? and for CA what would I need? "need" I guess meaning auto-battling without too many losses.

Woody*

And any estimate of required A/D bonus to accompany? As in if I have 50/50 let's say in EMA, is 50/50 in HMA still better? Or would that need idk 70/70? and for CA what would I need? "need" I guess meaning auto-battling without too many losses.

I'm assuming you mean through GE4, since that's where most of the diamonds are. I remember being able to auto through almost all of GE3 in Colonial Age with a 90% boost. I'd manually fight encounters 44 and 48, then back to auto for the 5-6 more fights in GE4. It's been too long since I was in EMA, HMA or LMA to give you numbers, but I do remember feeling like GE was less work in those ages as I went up.

FWIW, (and this is all predicated in my style which is to auto as much as possible to save time, and then switch to negotiations when things bog down): Industrial was one of my least favorite ages for GE, but then I liked PE a lot. ME is ok, but PME is better, then CE is awesome. TE is ok, but FE is way better. AF is ok. I haven't made it to OF yet.

DeletedUser31498

I'm assuming you mean through GE4, since that's where most of the diamonds are. I remember being able to auto through almost all of GE3 in Colonial Age with a 90% boost. I'd manually fight encounters 44 and 48, then back to auto for the 5-6 more fights in GE4. It's been too long since I was in EMA, HMA or LMA to give you numbers, but I do remember feeling like GE was less work in those ages as I went up.

FWIW, (and this is all predicated in my style which is to auto as much as possible to save time, and then switch to negotiations when things bog down): Industrial was one of my least favorite ages for GE, but then I liked PE a lot. ME is ok, but PME is better, then CE is awesome. TE is ok, but FE is way better. AF is ok. I haven't made it to OF yet.

Thanks for advice! Getting to those ages for a diamond city seems like way too much work though. Maybe I'll just move to HMA and try my luck there.

DeletedUser31440

52/42 with level 3 Traz let's me auto through most of GE 3, manually fighting 5-6 encounters with # of rogues increasing each week in HMA.

DeletedUser29218

In HMA, with a little bit of bonus rogues can oneshot archers. And with a bit more bonus light units too, if they are not in a forest. This should be easier in EMA, and very difficult/imposible in ages ahead of HMA.

Moreover, in EMA archers are the weakest they've ever been. Since heavy + 7 rogues is the standard combination for autobattle in early eras the natural counter for heavy units is nothing to be afraid of. So, only artillery remains.

Lastly, the enemy military bonus is also lower the lower your era.

So, even if you dislike EMA, I think it is the best era after iron age for autobattle (talking exclusively about early ages)