• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Either add a One Down Kit or change the One Up Kit to a One Up/Down Kit

DeletedUser35357

We have renovation kits to jump a building to the current age or a one up kit to increase the level of a building one age. How about giving players the ability to drop the age of a building by one. It takes current age and the next lower age goods to successfully negotiate levels in GE. I have several terrace farms in my age, and only a few in the lower age. I could place several age Champion Retreats

Salsuero

Hey... there's a first time for every proposal! Unfortunately, this one isn't one of those times.

DeletedUser10720

Even though this has been brought up many times before, I proposed it once as well and was nowhere near the first to try. This is a commonly proposed thing that has been debated to many ends. But is still repeatedly brought up. For this reason I'd like to either see it implimented, as there is an ongoing call for it. OR placed on the DNSL as its something devs have decided to not implement and we deserve a definitive answer in at least that much.

For the record I'm still +1 on it. Though I find it very unlikely that the item will ever be made.

DeletedUser35426

yep. So much talks about abuse when there is already more serious abuse about champions and rogues tactic in low age GvG. And there is no way for a high lvl player to build older champions if he missed this building earlier. So yes, this down kit is bad, but deals without it is even worse. You can broke your game and never be really good at low age fights if you miss Champion's retreat and go to the next age WHILE OTHER PLAYERS CAN.

Salsuero

there is already more serious abuse about champions and rogues tactic in low age GvG

No there isn't.

So much talks about abuse

Abuse is abuse. It doesn't need to be qualified as "more" or "less" to still be unwanted.

there is no way for a high lvl player to build older champions if he missed this building earlier

Don't advance until you get one if that's important to you. This game isn't about fixing buyer's remorse. It's about learning to not have remorse in the first place by strategizing properly.

You can broke your game and never be really good at low age fights if you miss Champion's retreat and go to the next age

Don't do that then. Problem solved.

DeletedUser30900

No there isn't.

Abuse is abuse. It doesn't need to be qualified as "more" or "less" to still be unwanted.

Don't advance until you get one if that's important to you. This game isn't about fixing buyer's remorse. It's about learning to not have remorse in the first place by strategizing properly.

#camping hma forever# very educational, thank you

DeletedUser35426

I just hope you have nothing to do with game industry. Irreversible ability to broke your game is bad. It is acceptable for offline games, but even there it was common long time ago.

Volodya

I just hope you have nothing to do with game industry. Irreversible ability to broke your game is bad. It is acceptable for offline games, but even there it was common long time ago.
Here you have the option to start a new city on a different world with a better-informed strategic approach to this and other issues. Hardly the mark of a "broken" game imo.

DeletedUser35426

Here you have the option to start a new city on a different world with a better-informed strategic approach to this and other issues. Hardly the mark of a "broken" game imo.
LoL. You are playing this game for years, looking how your city growing, you are getting achievements, putting diamonds, participating events... And at some point you understand, that at start, when you were young and knew nothing, you did a wrong step. And you just can't make it right. Wrong GB you can delete, wrong buildings you can delete and build right, but you can't build old CR. And you just say: hey, it's all cool, make a fresh start:)

Are you a real person Volodya? Or you are a troll. I've heard there is a special factory for production comments like this

Graviton

LoL. You are playing this game for years, looking how your city growing, you are getting achievements, putting diamonds, participating events... And at some point you understand, that at start, when you were young and knew nothing, you did a wrong step. And you just can't make it right. Wrong GB you can delete, wrong buildings you can delete and build right, but you can't build old CR. And you just say: hey, it's all cool, make a fresh start:)

Yes, exactly. If you think your current city is broken, start a new one and put to use the knowledge that you've gained. What's the problem?

If you want to continue to believe the game should change to suit you, a new player, and you should continue to ignore advice given to you by experienced players, then I'll posit that something's broken, but it ain't your city. ;)

DeletedUser35426

Yes, exactly. If you think your current city is broken, start a new one and put to use the knowledge that you've gained. What's the problem?

If you want to continue to believe the game should change to suit you, a new player, and you should continue to ignore advice given to you by experienced players, then I'll posit that something's broken, but it ain't your city. ;)
It's cool that from your point of view this is not a big deal to start again. But this threat is about not only you, so try to see bigger picture.

FoE has no end. It's not Tribal Wars where fresh start if normal. It's more like WoW where you can never stop and you can return to your account and play new content. For a big part of players losing there achievements would be too frustrating. More likely those players will quit.

And if it would be a relief for a good part of players to correct there mistakes, why you wish to speak against it? For what reason this obstacle should exist? Personally I think that game without champions was better. But they exist now, and there are important to GvG. There are not like Pillar of Heroes and other buildings, which you can compensate in other ways.

Salsuero

try to see bigger picture

Bigger picture = there is no "actual" problem.

fresh start if normal

Actually it is. They release new worlds somewhat regularly in this game. It's pretty much expected that fresh starts be made in order for those worlds to grow and thrive. If it weren't, they wouldn't allow you to have multiple towns in the first place.

it would be a relief for a good part of players to correct there mistakes

So? I bet many empires of the past (and present) would love to "correct their mistakes". Do you hear how silly that sounds in a game that's about forging an empire? You don't correct your mistakes. You learn from them. Amazing thing in this game is... you can actually start over if you want to try something new and innovative with your experience and knowledge.

I think that game without champions was better. But they exist now, and there are important to GvG. There are not like Pillar of Heroes and other buildings, which you can compensate in other ways.

You would penalize those who were "better" than you at playing this game by allowing you to simple go back and fix your "mistakes" along the way to better equal their wisdom after the fact. Why do you think it's fair to click a giant undo button on your mistakes just because you regret them? Living with your mistakes and finding creative and useful ways to do so is a part of the gaming experience, and very much so for a game like this.