• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser17710

I ended up in an unbalanced neighborhood this week and I don't see what all the whining is about.

I have lost exactly 10 limestones to a raider named Sledgehammer82 early Monday morning before I knew how uneven the neighborhood had become.

Since then I have been attacked 2 or 3 times each day and NOBODY has got diddlysquat. And NOBODY is going to get ANYTHING because I tightened up on my collections and set up a defense that I know these folks find annoying cuz they suffer some damage only to find there is nothing in the cookie jar.

I even have ThomasChang in my neighborhood right now and he's TRYING to plunder me but so far all he's got to show for his troubles are a bunch of beat up tanks my defense chips away at each time he shows up. If anyone cares Chang has OVER 9 Million points and 20K in battles to his name at Forge of Empires yet he can't so much as steal one unit of dye from me unless I get lazy and leave stuff laying around instead of collecting it in a timely manner.

Sorry folks but the makers of Forge of Empires gave us ALL the tools to avoid becoming a "victim" so stop crying about uneven neighborhoods and start playing the game properly.

If you are getting robbed by these folks it's your own fault due to your sloppy play.

I suggest you either tighten up on things OR you play a game like Simcity instead of Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser10076

I ended up in an unbalanced neighborhood this week and I don't see what all the whining is about.

I have lost exactly 10 limestones to a raider named Sledgehammer82 early Monday morning before I knew how uneven the neighborhood had become.

Since then I have been attacked 2 or 3 times each day and NOBODY has got diddlysquat. And NOBODY is going to get ANYTHING because I tightened up on my collections and set up a defense that I know these folks find annoying cuz they suffer some damage only to find there is nothing in the cookie jar.

I even have ThomasChang in my neighborhood right now and he's TRYING to plunder me but so far all he's got to show for his troubles are a bunch of beat up tanks my defense chips away at each time he shows up. If anyone cares Chang has OVER 9 Million points and 20K in battles to his name at Forge of Empires yet he can't so much as steal one unit of dye from me unless I get lazy and leave stuff laying around instead of collecting it in a timely manner.

Sorry folks but the makers of Forge of Empires gave us ALL the tools to avoid becoming a "victim" so stop crying about uneven neighborhoods and start playing the game properly.

If you are getting robbed by these folks it's your own fault due to your sloppy play.

I suggest you either tighten up on things OR you play a game like Simcity instead of Forge of Empires.

Exactly! We're in the exact same hood on J and im fairly certain he isn't even getting points from me(thanks 1 damage min lol seriously tho fix that inno) meanwhile having such high players in the hood provides unique opportunities for us/ Chang for example seems to lvling his traz, if we so choose we could donate and get huge rewards. Decent placement on there would likely give me my 1k expansion perhaps more. Or by simply m/ping we could receive a high lvl bp, which could save us weeks of hunting or donating down the road.

I am a little miffed that some of the higher players are actively fighting in the EMA tower(seriously) but whatevers.

Meanwhile a player on B emailed on me claiming that I and others have plundered him out of the game. This player is ,PME has less than 1 million points, none of his attack gbs were maxed, his defense gbs weren't very high i don't think he even had deal, couldn't figure out that there was no need to produce IND goods as his gbs should have been covering him, somehow its everyone else's fault he can't compete lol. For the record my hood on B is very balanced PME-TE with a few ME thrown in. Sucks for the ME but look at the opportunities provided.

However I would like clarification on something i sent a ticket in to support reporting the unbalanced hood on J world because thats what im supposed to do. I got the typical chucks answer nothing new there, but i remember peeps on the forum saying to submit a ticket. Is that actually standing policy, i'd hate to swamp support with tickets they don't want/need.

DeletedUser14197

It is not always the fault of the player that they get plundered. Not everyone one can live the game, they have life that does interfere with the game and it should. It is not always possible to get back the minute things are done and of course your most valuable item is goods which cannot be "aided" and so is unprotected. I have only one city where I get attacked much, and there it is normally 5 to 10 times a day and I simply no longer produce goods and took my houses off the road. I still do some quests but can no longer work on my tech tree since I need goods. Perhaps I will eventually totally quit the city. To be honest 5 cities is too much anyway, but I find that the best way to do goods is to start at one city and proceed to the next after. (I am not goign to tie myself to the game by coming back 5 times during the day for my 5 cities) Doing it this way, there is no way I can always be back the second my goods are ready and than there is real life. I am not going to leave real people to collect goods from a game. To be plundered continually by people way higher level than you are that you ahve no chance of winning against, is not playing a game. It is simply being there to be the bait for high level players and I am not willing to let higher level player plunder me. It isn't even a game for them really. There is no skill, no challenge, no strategy to win against someone way lower than you are. A game should take skill and strategy, like fighting someone your own level. It also should be fun, which being plundered continually, like low level players are many times, is not.

And about putting out better troops. That is a joke for those in the bottom of a neighborhood many times. You can put out the best you have and the attacker doesn't get any damage. They didn't in the neighborhood I was being attacked in. What do I have against tomorow troops, at the time it started, the best I had was industrial I believe. Personally I put out one bronze guy in the city I am attacked in continually and I am still attacked continually, but they get very few points and and there is nothing to be plundered. So yes I can keep them from plundering, but at a loss to the city being played. It is really kind of insensitive to tell people that they can "play properly" and not be plundered. Even if everyone gave the game 100% of their time, there would still have to be those at the bottom of the neighborhood and since the neighborhood have such a big range, there is no way the bottom player could catch up to the highest players. That takes time and lots of it. And I have read where people were plundered while they are collecting. You cannot collect everything at one time without using diamonds, besides having to do it quickly like that is stressful, not fun. At the very least the game should have a period after an item is ready where it can't be plundered, say 30 minutes or so. But, really that wouldn't fix the real problem: people being able to fight people way lower them they are and get to plunder when it took no skill whatsoever to win against them. It is why most people view plunderers as bullies because they are simply way too powerful to revenge and they are preying on low level players

DeletedUser10076

It is not always the fault of the player that they get plundered. Not everyone one can live the game, they have life that does interfere with the game and it should. It is not always possible to get back the minute things are done and of course your most valuable item is goods which cannot be "aided" and so is unprotected. I have only one city where I get attacked much, and there it is normally 5 to 10 times a day and I simply no longer produce goods and took my houses off the road. I still do some quests but can no longer work on my tech tree since I need goods. Perhaps I will eventually totally quit the city. To be honest 5 cities is too much anyway, but I find that the best way to do goods is to start at one city and proceed to the next after. (I am not goign to tie myself to the game by coming back 5 times during the day for my 5 cities) Doing it this way, there is no way I can always be back the second my goods are ready and than there is real life. I am not going to leave real people to collect goods from a game. To be plundered continually by people way higher level than you are that you ahve no chance of winning against, is not playing a game. It is simply being there to be the bait for high level players and I am not willing to let higher level player plunder me. It isn't even a game for them really. There is no skill, no challenge, no strategy to win against someone way lower than you are. A game should take skill and strategy, like fighting someone your own level. It also should be fun, which being plundered continually, like low level players are many times, is not.

And about putting out better troops. That is a joke for those in the bottom of a neighborhood many times. You can put out the best you have and the attacker doesn't get any damage. They didn't in the neighborhood I was being attacked in. What do I have against tomorow troops, at the time it started, the best I had was industrial I believe. Personally I put out one bronze guy in the city I am attacked in continually and I am still attacked continually, but they get very few points and and there is nothing to be plundered. So yes I can keep them from plundering, but at a loss to the city being played. It is really kind of insensitive to tell people that they can "play properly" and not be plundered. Even if everyone gave the game 100% of their time, there would still have to be those at the bottom of the neighborhood and since the neighborhood have such a big range, there is no way the bottom player could catch up to the highest players. That takes time and lots of it. And I have read where people were plundered while they are collecting. You cannot collect everything at one time without using diamonds, besides having to do it quickly like that is stressful, not fun. At the very least the game should have a period after an item is ready where it can't be plundered, say 30 minutes or so. But, really that wouldn't fix the real problem: people being able to fight people way lower them they are and get to plunder when it took no skill whatsoever to win against them. It is why most people view plunderers as bullies because they are simply way too powerful to revenge and they are preying on low level players

and if you would bother to read and open your mind you will that there is very solid advice in peeps posts.

there are many ways to avoid being plundered.

-tighten production
-send friend requests
-offer some fps
-get and lvl your both your attack and defense gbs around LMA-IND its imperative that you slow yourself down to max at least one or the other I suggest attack because you gain so much more on offense than defense.
-there are the new troll defenses explained elsewhere what im doing on J and its hilarious seeing attacker have to waste two hits on mounted archers while my guys do one damage to his units(though seriously the one damage min was a horrible update.) But let me guess you don't know about the one damage min, if fact you say your guys don't do any damage which EVERYONE who bothers knows that of couple updates ago is not possible. But you can't bothered to learn the game, your too busy complaining.

Honestly this is the only game ive ever played where basically remaining a noob is considered a legit way to play game.

You say those with big boost aren't thinking or playing...? how? i lvled my attack gbs myself in IND to ensure i could deep into the C map and just looking at units i saw that the higher ages clearly gave the defender some advantages and i would need a high boost to push as deep into the hood as I was use too. So there you go I THOUGHT about my situation and came up with a solution.

Latter when i found i was having diffuculties on D i lvled a basil/deal a few lvls and loaded up on WFs. Again THOUGHT about my problem and came up with a solution.

When I hit ME and had problems with refined goods i built 4 producers despite the fact im a more militaristic player, now i have 4 TE Oasis and will delete my producers here very soon. I likely won't advance to future era until i get 4 renokits and i hope to have FE 5-6 oasis completely ridding myself of producers for that era(along with repeatables) This will also free up more room and pop to support my guilds efforts in gvg. Again I THOUGHT about my situation and came up with a solution.

so yes learn the damn game, stop blaming others

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...s-hurt-the-game-and-what-can-be-done-about-it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16911

*sigh*

Not always. I'm not even in an unbalanced 'hood at the moment, but ALL the people who currently attack me use the SAME attack formation--one Champion and seven Rogues. Guess who has neither of those, and through no fault of her own? Me. So even though my attackers are in the same/similar age that I am, and I have an up-to-date defense, I still stand ZERO chance against them. (I haven't managed to kill a single troop since my attackers started with this formation. I barely even scratch them.)
So no, FOE has not given me, or everyone, the tools to defend against these guys (that's not FOE's fault, but I'm just countering a misassumption); and how could you even say I'm not "playing properly"? I've got an up-to-date defense; I collect my goods on time. I've even got a 20% defense boost from my Monastery. That's still not 100% foolproof. (Keep reading.)
Granted, all that my attackers have gotten so far is one house and no goods since I'm very careful about that. But I take some issue with these comments...

...yet he can't so much as steal one unit of dye from me unless I get lazy and leave stuff laying around instead of collecting it in a timely manner.

I really don't get why anyone would assume that if somebody gets plundered, it MUST be because they're "lazy" or "sloppy." I've mentioned countless times (everybody seems to ignore it) the weird phenomenon where you CAN collect on time, but possibly due to some sort of lag in the game for some users, a plunderer can steal your goods out from underneath you right AFTER you collect them (as I mentioned, the same thing also happens with M/P'ing). Also, some of us don't have the most reliable Internet connections...it's uncanny how often my WiFi decides to cut out moments before my goods are due to be collected. Plus the FOE site itself might become inaccessible to some users and not others, etc. That is our fault for being "lazy" or "sloppy"?
It's true--none of those are issues that would be resolved even if the neighborhood disparity issue were dealt with. But please stop assuming that ALL of us are on equal footing if only we would "play the game properly" (I've seen plenty of users who think that if you don't plunder, you're not playing properly!) or that ALL of us who get plundered are merely "lazy/sloppy." That's simply not accurate, and it's just as bad as the users who say that ALL plunderers are bullies or lazy or insert whatever overgeneralizing insult here. (As much as I despise plundering, I still try to see where they're coming from, and not to lump them all into the same group. As a non-plunderer, it's amazing how often I'm not granted that same courtesy in return. No, apparently I am just lazy and don't know how to play this game.)
As if to illustrate my point, I just had a 15-minute production come due, and now the game is not loading/functioning for me. I've been sitting here clicking refresh for the past 10 minutes to no avail, can hardly call that lazy/sloppy. :/

DeletedUser3556

I've mentioned countless times (everybody seems to ignore it) the weird phenomenon where you CAN collect on time, but possibly due to some sort of lag in the game for some users, a plunderer can steal your goods out from underneath you right AFTER you collect them (as I mentioned, the same thing also happens with M/P'ing)

Most likely the good was already plundered but because you were not actively playing the game before going to collect and presumably you didn't log on the FOE but rather opened the tab of a already open game your game wasn't in sync with the game server so It didn't show the good was already plundered, hence you think you collect on time but find the goods already gone. I'm sure the same issue came up during one of the past events with special prizes that change every few hours, and people thinking one prize was available only to buy it and get another, but I can't find the post.

DeletedUser17710

It is not always the fault of the player that they get plundered. Not everyone one can live the game, they have life that does interfere with the game and it should. It is not always possible to get back the minute things are done and of course your most valuable item is goods which cannot be "aided" and so is unprotected.

With all due respect this your post is a bunch of horse poop.

A LARGE part of this game is PROTECTING your City AND your goods after manufacturing them.

It's NOT hard to do. The game gives you 4 different options on run times.

If you can't set up your run times to coincide with a time you can get back to the game either via your desk top, a tablet or your smart phone then you simply are TOO BUSY to play the game.

It IS the players fault if goods are left laying around to be pillaged.

It's that simple. And this is coming from a guy who's reletively NEW to the game and is now playing in an uneven City. I have BIG TOUGH playerrs many ages above me to contend with PLUS Walrusking001 prowling around my neighborhood.

Honestly it has added some extra excitement to the game this week and I am NOT letting ANY of these big-wigs take advantage of me. In fact I am a BIG thorn in their sides right now cuz I am using the tools the game makers have given me to annoy these guys!

You can type a 10 thousand word post if you like but it still doesn't change these facts.

DeletedUser17558

I really don't get why anyone would assume that if somebody gets plundered, it MUST be because they're "lazy" or "sloppy." I've mentioned countless times (everybody seems to ignore it) the weird phenomenon where you CAN collect on time, but possibly due to some sort of lag in the game for some users, a plunderer can steal your goods out from underneath you right AFTER you collect them (as I mentioned, the same thing also happens with M/P'ing). Also, some of us don't have the most reliable Internet connections...it's uncanny how often my WiFi decides to cut out moments before my goods are due to be collected. Plus the FOE site itself might become inaccessible to some users and not others, etc. That is our fault for being "lazy" or "sloppy"?
:/

We've all seen you mention it, but how many times has it happened? If it is only once or twice, then mentioning it multiple times does not make it an issue. I attacked someone the other day and clicked on a goods building that clearly had an icon above it meaning that it was plunderable. Then it said that it had already been collected. What happened? Guess they collected before I did, which is the same thing that happened to you, which is not an issue. I bet it has happened to me more often than it has happened to you. All of the ways you mentioned to get screwed out of your goods are low-percentage anomolies that rarely happen, but if that is your reason for not collecting on time, then stick with that.

As far as everyone having the opportunity: were you around for the last event that had champs? Then you had a chance. Did you see the offer the other day that had rogues rolled in with a diamond purchase? Then you had a chance. Just because you didn't take advantage doesn't mean you don't have the chance.

Play this game long enough and everyone has the opportunity to be on fair ground, for the most part. Don't get upset at others because instead of working on your GB's you decided that finishing the tech tree is your goal. If you rush through the tech tree you are going to find yourself at the bottom of the hood. I would love to see the hoods rearranged on a regular basis, but put forth a detailed proposal and cross your fingers.

DeletedUser14197

I think it is rude to tell someone that what they say is a bunch of horse poop. I definitely know how to play the game. I am not a newbie. All my cities are industrial to post modern era. I have great building, but I am not stupid. It takes a lot of time to level a great building unless you are buying fps or have someone raising them for you, which I do not. Having a lot of friends will not keep anyone from plundering you. You missed the point. I am not giving anyone fps to not plunder me. I simply will not run the city. Lucky for me, it seems most of the attackers are no longer in my hood this time and am down to maybe 3 attacks a day. But, it doesn't matter, cause I have lost interest in this city. And the point to me is still legit. The neighbors sometimes have too big a span on ages. Tomorrow troops against industrial is stupid and believe me these people had very high bonuses that I could not match in a very long time and by the time I caught up they would be even further ahead. You can't really believe that leveling my great buildings would happen quick enough to stand against someone that much higher in levels who already had their great buildings near maxed if not maxed. And than I keep hearing that they can win against anyone even if they have tons of watchfires. It is ridiculous to expect someone that far behind to catch up enough that they can compete. Keep the neighborhoods closer to even and someone might try to advance. Make it this far apart where it is "hopeless" and some will quit. Oh yes, some have quit. Call it all horse poop if you want to, but there is no skill in beating up a lower age player. I do have a main city where for a couple of weeks I did the tower and I could win with autofight lots of my neighbors. I didn't plunder them, but I did win my place in a few towers till I bored of it. But, it didn't take skill. It took a little time, though not too much using auto fight. Goodness, being that much ahead of my neighbors it was boring fighting them. I could win lots of them without even trying, thus, why I used auto fight. The only thing I invested was a little time while watching tv, that is it! I know, I have been there, I have done that. I know how to play the game. You can improve your city and in time you will move up and in time you may even make it to tomorrow age and be able to attack the new players too. But, you may end up quitting before you get there if the game is too unbalanced. You don't play any game, say monopoly, where you let some players start playing first and get ahead and than when others start playing later in the game think they would actually enjoy the game as they get creamed by those starting earlier who got ahead of you and have hotels built up on all their property where you haven't even gotten any yet.

DeletedUser17710

I think it is rude to tell someone that what they say is a bunch of horse poop. I definitely know how to play the game. I am not a newbie. All my cities are industrial to post modern era. I have great building, but I am not stupid. It takes a lot of time to level a great building unless you are buying fps or have someone raising them for you, which I do not. Having a lot of friends will not keep anyone from plundering you. You missed the point. I am not giving anyone fps to not plunder me. I simply will not run the city. Lucky for me, it seems most of the attackers are no longer in my hood this time and am down to maybe 3 attacks a day. But, it doesn't matter, cause I have lost interest in this city. And the point to me is still legit. The neighbors sometimes have too big a span on ages. Tomorrow troops against industrial is stupid and believe me these people had very high bonuses that I could not match in a very long time and by the time I caught up they would be even further ahead. You can't really believe that leveling my great buildings would happen quick enough to stand against someone that much higher in levels who already had their great buildings near maxed if not maxed. And than I keep hearing that they can win against anyone even if they have tons of watchfires. It is ridiculous to expect someone that far behind to catch up enough that they can compete. Keep the neighborhoods closer to even and someone might try to advance. Make it this far apart where it is "hopeless" and some will quit. Oh yes, some have quit. Call it all horse poop if you want to, but there is no skill in beating up a lower age player. I do have a main city where for a couple of weeks I did the tower and I could win with autofight lots of my neighbors. I didn't plunder them, but I did win my place in a few towers till I bored of it. But, it didn't take skill. It took a little time, though not too much using auto fight. Goodness, being that much ahead of my neighbors it was boring fighting them. I could win lots of them without even trying, thus, why I used auto fight. The only thing I invested was a little time while watching tv, that is it! I know, I have been there, I have done that. I know how to play the game. You can improve your city and in time you will move up and in time you may even make it to tomorrow age and be able to attack the new players too. But, you may end up quitting before you get there if the game is too unbalanced. You don't play any game, say monopoly, where you let some players start playing first and get ahead and than when others start playing later in the game think they would actually enjoy the game as they get creamed by those starting earlier who got ahead of you and have hotels built up on all their property where you haven't even gotten any yet.

Listen OK?

I am in one of those terribly "uneven" hoods RIGHT NOW.

I have iron age and EMA troops and my opponents have tomorrowland armies.

Since Monday morning I have manufactured and banked all my goods minus 10 limestone's while losing ZERO coins and zero supplies. I also have repeatedly damaged the attackers which means they have to either spend hours healing their troops OR they have to spend diamonds to heal them quickly to fight more battles.

My defending armies all die each time but WHO CARES? As soon as the attacker leaves they all miraculaously come back to life to defend against the next invader and it's all instantanous and doesn't cost me a THING.

I haven't lost interest in my city. My city is resilient and thriving. It's GROWING and not shut down. My city is bulletproof cuz I manage it properly and do not let myself get bullied.

That's all I have to say.

If you are incapable of understanding how a player can do this then perhaps you outta re-read this thread until you figure it all out.

DeletedUser14197

Wow, I guess I should quit. I don't care if people attack J city. l I have 4 others I am not complaining because I care about the city. I am simply stating that it is ridiculous to have neighborhoods so uneven where it is frustrating players like me who cannot always be back the minute the production is done. I am sure the game would love it if everyone quit because they were like you say "too busy" to play the game. I have heard plenty of people who could not get back the second the goods were done and were continually losing goods and some while they were collecting because believe it or not you can not collect all your goods at the same time unless you use diamonds, which would be costly day after day. So have it your way, we should all quit and tell the game you said we should. I am sure they would appreciate your viewpoint. I guess it is a solution to being frustrated by unfair neighborhoods. Not everyone can be as skilled as you are. Oh yes, not EVERYONE has a smart phone.

DeletedUser8428

It doesn't take a smart phone, or diamonds or even a snippy attitude. Its helpful to first remember this is a game, and that plunder is part of FOE. Expect it. Do what you can to minimize it's negative effect on you. And then get on with building and working your way through the game. This thread and all the others on similar topics provide dozens of terrific suggestions for improving your game play, enhancing your city and strengthening your army. But rather than trying those suggestions, you'd rather point out how unfair it is.

Sure it's unfair. And we've all faced it and no, we don't all buy diamonds and no, we don't all quit. We get better. We ask questions and we try things that other players suggest and our cities grow and we play a stronger game.

When I got tired of getting creamed by armies much stronger than mine, I went to the world player list, available to everyone .. and I sent friend invitations to 12 or 15 of the top players in my world. Not everyone responded. The ones who did were helpful. They explained more efficient ways to build, why it may not be a good idea to build every building just because I can, how to post a good defense .. do you know WHY they did? Because I ASKED.

Find someone with a city you admire. Tell them why you like it. Ask them for help - don't let your frustration at things you don't know make you give up ... find a way to get the information you need.

Or don't.

DeletedUser14197

I don't get it. I was under the impression that one could come to the forum and express their opinion about the game. l One could say that they thought the neighborhoods were unbalanced and why. They could do this without their posts being called names like horse poop or their opinions being belittled or being told if they can't collect on time they should quit or that they simply are not smart enough to know how to play the game. And if you all would have simply read my posts you would have known that I was simply expressing an opinion I more than likely expressed before my one city became a target for tomorrow troops. I had this opinion way before I got in a bad neighborhood in a city I wasn't really even playing. I wasn't complaining because I was upset about my one city being plundered. I felt this way when I attacked my neighbors for a few weeks. I felt it was unbalanced. I still think it is no challenge to top players to attack the small guy and I don't want to put my best army in so that they lose a few troops and get tons of points and still can plunder. You guys don't "listen" to what I say either. I have my main city I have worked hard on and I have asked more questions than people even cared to answer. I am post modern era in that city and number 12. I am not at the bottom. I know how to play the game and have gone to both guild and chat to ask about EVERYTHING from the time I found out I could. My opinion still stands. I think the neighborhoods are many times unbalanced and that they are no challenge to the top players, who are more seen as bullies cause they can attack on auto their entire neighborhoods and what is it to them if they lose a few troops. Most have plenty of coins and supplies to retrain. I know I do. I don't lack in either in any of my cities. They have alcatraz and their bonuses are out of this world, many times not because they are better players, but simply because they have put more hours into the game. It takes like 10 days to move up one level in one great building if the level requires 300 or so fps, so don't tell me to level up all my buildings. It takes TIME. This is simply my opinion. Sorry it has upset you all so that you think you have to "help" me or blast me or both. If they really want the game to be challenging to ALL players, they would only have the same level in each neighborhood. They can do what they want. It does not affect me at all. I have 5 neighborhoods and only really care about 2 of them at most, though I spend time in all of them every day. The only reason I started more was cause my main city got boring at one point and I had a lot of time. I am no longer bored and I no longer have as much time to spend on the game.

DeletedUser16866

There are ways to frustrate a plunderer. My theories do it.

Stop producing for a time or temporarily take away the roads to the building. Give an FP to a GB and if they still plunder call them out. Attack their guildies for the goods you lost.

I understand plunder is part of the game so i am not for removing it. I am for fairness in how players should handle it. If you have tanks and the other guy has spears, seems a bit lame to plunder somebody so weak.

- - - Updated - - -

I am friends with Sledge. Find a building he has that you'd like BPs for and donate. He's quite fair with that. I have a Chateau and an Alcatraz thanks to donating and MP'ing him.

He's tough but fair. He may attack you but he won't take anything if you give him an FP. His GBs are useful to us lower players so there are benefits to working with bigger players sometimes. There is no harm to donating to a bigger player's GB if that BP is useful to you.

- - - Updated - - -

My defense is key. 2 worlds, solid defense. Sure a big player could beat me but they will lose or get dinged.

Everytime the game gives me the opp to win something, I make sure it has defense involved. I built up more Watchfires and because of it, NO player the same age would dare try to attack me without losing. Same thing with higher players. I've played with many of the big players in this game because I was moving so fast, Inno's system paired me up with the big Modern guys. All of them are either allies or they are friends and they attack only for points because I reach out and find something to help with.

This is key. If a player wants to attack me daily for plunder, even if I reached out to show support, I do other things. I stop producing goods and I make sure every player who can MP me does. Nobody can take anything. I even stop putting up good defense to hurt their points. So I ask them: Do you want good PVP points? I can make it so but if you plunder me YOU GET NOTHING. No goods, I stop. No houses, they get polished. No Supplies, they too are polished. So what do you want plunderer? My help is simple...attack for points DO NOT attack for plunder or NO FPs, NO GOODS, NO COIN, NO SUPPLIES AND NO FRICKIN' DEFENSE. Seems to be no fun if you ask me.

I give FPs anyway because i built a city that generates TONS of them. I remind those players that FPs are worth more than plunder but if you insist on it, I stop helping your GBs. You will find many players know this because leveling gets harder and needs more donation each level it goes.

There are ways to play the game that favor the defender. The key is having the guts and tenacity to employ them. Plunderers who want stuff HATE players like me.

DeletedUser3369

Cats like you are a crack up. YOU have the only valid thoughts on any matter. How totally ineffectual you must feel. Every thread I have read today has you in it saying the same things, and at the end of your say..."PERIOD...END OF DISCUSSION." And yet, the discussion seems to continue no matter how much YOU claim it to be done and buried. You haven't refuted a single point, merely stated that you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, and attempted to denigrate them. The reason the issue KEEPS coming up is because it IS a problem, has been for some time, and the only "real" response has been that a proposal has been submitted. Nothing has been DONE about it. Personally, I think if folks want something done about an issue, it's BEYOND "not thinking it through" to suggest they just quit talking about it. To suggest they quit talking about in the manner you choose to use, is in the realm of, well, I'm not gonna use the words I would say to your face as that would be counterproductive to MY time here.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I need to start using the "reply with quote button"

That was directed at Walrusking001

DeletedUser10076

There are ways to frustrate a plunderer. My theories do it.

Stop producing for a time or temporarily take away the roads to the building. Give an FP to a GB and if they still plunder call them out. Attack their guildies for the goods you lost.

I understand plunder is part of the game so i am not for removing it. I am for fairness in how players should handle it. If you have tanks and the other guy has spears, seems a bit lame to plunder somebody so weak.

- - - Updated - - -

I am friends with Sledge. Find a building he has that you'd like BPs for and donate. He's quite fair with that. I have a Chateau and an Alcatraz thanks to donating and MP'ing him.

He's tough but fair. He may attack you but he won't take anything if you give him an FP. His GBs are useful to us lower players so there are benefits to working with bigger players sometimes. There is no harm to donating to a bigger player's GB if that BP is useful to you.

- - - Updated - - -

My defense is key. 2 worlds, solid defense. Sure a big player could beat me but they will lose or get dinged.

Everytime the game gives me the opp to win something, I make sure it has defense involved. I built up more Watchfires and because of it, NO player the same age would dare try to attack me without losing. Same thing with higher players. I've played with many of the big players in this game because I was moving so fast, Inno's system paired me up with the big Modern guys. All of them are either allies or they are friends and they attack only for points because I reach out and find something to help with.

This is key. If a player wants to attack me daily for plunder, even if I reached out to show support, I do other things. I stop producing goods and I make sure every player who can MP me does. Nobody can take anything. I even stop putting up good defense to hurt their points. So I ask them: Do you want good PVP points? I can make it so but if you plunder me YOU GET NOTHING. No goods, I stop. No houses, they get polished. No Supplies, they too are polished. So what do you want plunderer? My help is simple...attack for points DO NOT attack for plunder or NO FPs, NO GOODS, NO COIN, NO SUPPLIES AND NO FRICKIN' DEFENSE. Seems to be no fun if you ask me.

I give FPs anyway because i built a city that generates TONS of them. I remind those players that FPs are worth more than plunder but if you insist on it, I stop helping your GBs. You will find many players know this because leveling gets harder and needs more donation each level it goes.

There are ways to play the game that favor the defender. The key is having the guts and tenacity to employ them. Plunderers who want stuff HATE players like me.

actually its quite fun to have players like this in a hood. although i have to advise against disconnecting your roads

DeletedUser16866

actually its quite fun to have players like this in a hood. although i have to advise against disconnecting your roads

If in fun you mean attacking me for plunder, I don't know about that. Most players are proactive and understand this game has a social aspect where diplomacy and compromise are key as well.

I love messing with plunderers in it just for the plunder. I can easily buy my way through the game if I wanted to and I will when I need to achieve something quickly. I do remember the ones who plundered no matter what and I play the game in a way where there will come a day where somebody gets paid back.

I prefer to work with the Sledgehammers, Thomas Chaings and the like. All are reasonable since everybody has goals as the bigger you get the more FPs and help you need to grow. I am the hoodie that can be your best resource. Attack a strong D for points, lay off my stuff and get some support in FPs. I run into the occasional jerk who will get pissed I am whining or whatnot (not whining if I am trying to work a deal with you) but they are the people I have a lot of fun messing with.

It's easy to make it hard for plunderers to get hurt. That is the one thing Inno did a good job on IF people get that this is not about pride. It is about diplomacy as much as it is war.

DeletedUser18359

How about those that mass attack daily, and at about the same time, same players. Makes me think that its one player on accounts attacking. Suppose to be against T.O.S one person on multiple accounts if I'm not mistaken. One rule I do on my own here is if weak defense there I don't plunder hood, don't seem fair taking away from a weak setup and cowardly also

DeletedUser8796

or the timing of the day is good enough that multiple attackers are on at the same time

Meat Butcher

How about those that mass attack daily, and at about the same time, same players. Makes me think that its one player on accounts attacking. Suppose to be against T.O.S one person on multiple accounts if I'm not mistaken. One rule I do on my own here is if weak defense there I don't plunder hood, don't seem fair taking away from a weak setup and cowardly also

The guild I am in after a successful plunder we would send out a group wide message that anyone in *Person you plundered* hood this player has *List Goods Buildings* that are open for plunder.
This way everyone benefits.
Well......except for who just got plundered multiple times. :)