• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Event Building

FrogPrnce

I have won three "One Up Kits" by spinning the wheel in the Summer Event. The kit is used to upgrade an event building. When I attempt to use the kit, I get a message that I have no event buildings. I am a newbie and have searched the forum trying to determine what qualifies as an event building.
What are examples of event buildings?
Thank for your help.

Attachments

• Event Building.jpg
    Event Building.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

Johnny B. Goode

Here is a link to the FoE Wiki page of Special Buildings (which includes event buildings.) Please be aware that there are a few, such as the Wishing Wells and Victory Towers that are automatically aged up when you age up. Those tied to the specific era/age when they were won and/or placed are the ones that the One Up Kit (and Renovation Kit) will work on. On the page that this link leads to, that information is not there. However, you would be able to use the Kits on most of the buildings listed.
Link: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Special_Building_List
Also, you can click on any building listed on this page for more detailed information about it.

RazorbackPirate

The kit is used to upgrade an event building.
You may know this already, but let me clarify this statement in case you don't. A One-Up kit is not the same as an Event building Upgrade kit. A One-Up kit will move an existing event building up one age, not upgrade an Event building to the next level.

For instance if there is an Event building that when fully upgraded is 10 levels, but during the event you were only able to build it up to level 8, a One-Up kit will not bring it to level 9.

What it will do is if you built your Level 8 Event building in Iron Age (IA) and your city is now in High Middle Ages (HMA), a One-Up kit will advance your Level 8 building up one age to produce resources from Early Middle Ages (EMA).

Using a building that produces goods for example, having been built in IA, it will continue to produce IA goods regardless of your current age. If you use a One-Up kit on it, it will no longer be a Level 8 event building producing IA goods, it will then be a Level 8 building producing EMA goods. To have it produce HMA goods, two ages up from IA, it will require a second One-Up kit to bring it from EMA to HMA.

A renovation kit on the other hand will bring an Event building from IA to HMA with a single kit. That's the difference between the two kits, One-Up advances the building one age, a Reno Kit will advance the building to your current age regardless of the number of ages between the age you built the building and your current age.

I Hope that helps.

Welcome to the game and the Forum!

Hay You

Very Nice explanation of the individual abilities of the different kits, but the question remains; what are some examples of event buildings?
would they include production buildings? goods buildings? dwarf tree dwellings?
Thanks in advance for your speedy words of enlightenment..

Mor-Rioghain

Very Nice explanation of the individual abilities of the different kits, but the question remains; what are some examples of event buildings?
As @Johnny B. Goode already posted, there is a very nice write-up with excellent graphics of Special Buildings in the FoE Wiki. You can access the Wiki from this forum (top right corner drop down box from the main 'room' of the forum), from your city screen (PC - right clicking the city screen will bring up a pop-up box, choose Forum / I believe the mobile app's link to the Wiki and Forum are found in the Settings Menu), or on the browser version before you log in you can click on the Forum or the Wiki (top of the Banner). I'm not sure where you would access that screen or it's equivalent from the mobile app.

One thing - if you are looking for a "list" of actual event buildings, I don't believe that actually exists on the Wiki, per se, but by the name/year of the event and can be found by using the search function. There may have been an article/thread that's been worked up but generally if you just type in the numbers of a given year, you can see the different events pop up and then choose the one you're looking for, i.e,, 2023 Forge Bowl and then go to that page where you can scroll down to see what the Event Building was - there is generally a link to a page that gives a more fleshed out description of the building's attributes.

It's not an elegant system but I'm guessing that most people are not interested in compiling such a list when they are active players and will know what the name of the buildings are as they are introduced.

Johnny B. Goode

As @Johnny B. Goode already posted, there is a very nice write-up with excellent graphics of Special Buildings in the FoE Wiki.
Unfortunately, they haven't updated that Wiki page since last September. Meaning that the new buildings from the last several events are not listed (yet?). @LeCron @mellofax Do you know when it will be updated?

Be Chuille

One-Up and Reno kits work on other buildings besides Event buildings. There are many different buildings that produce increased rewards as the eras advance.

It is easier to say what does NOT use One-Up and Reno Kits: Buildings that you can build from your build menu (Production, Goods, Decorations, Houses, Military, Cultural Buildings), buildings from Settlements, Great Buildings, and some buildings that are ageless, such as Wishing Wells.

Most other buildings can be advanced by One-Ups and Renos to the next age. But use them wisely! There are some buildings that are not worth updating until you get past so many eras. And there are some that you will likely not keep long and are not worth upgrading at all. Save your One-Ups and Renos and use them where you will get the most benefit. You can look each building up in the Wiki to see what the rewards are for each age.

In the earlier ages, when kits were limited, after moving up an age, I used to make a list of all buildings, look them up in the Wiki, and prioritize them by which ones are the most important to advance to the current age, and which could wait.
In recent eras I usually have plenty of kits and mostly know which are worth updating.

Last edited: