• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

excluding Great Buildings

Dursland

I've been taking a long look at what GBs I have in Zorskog and deciding which ones to exclude on Dilmun.

So far the list is: Truce Tower, Inno Tower, St Mark's, Himeji, Blue Galaxy, Atlantis Museum, and Hagia Sophia.

I have those and am leaning towards a 'no' to building them in Dilmun.

Truce Tower gives 20-40 goods a day, across multiple eras. Takes years of aiding to build up any worthwhile stocks.

Inno Tower is obsolete now with event buildings giving so much pop, and the fps are an afterthought given GBG and the fact event buildings are giving fair amounts themselves. FPs output even at higher levels is quite low anyway.

St Mark's is basically an oversized goods building once you get coins stockpiled. And after ME gives far less valuable goods.

Himeji is probably the most controversial on this list. People swear by it and love it. But I tell you what, I have been taking mine in Z to level 91 for that extra collection attempt so I'm double dipping a lot and seeing the rewards all the time. Simply put, they are not worth it. Himeji takes so many fps to level and has a sizable footprint yet you rarely get diamonds, the 200fp comes up infrequently, and the rogues are worthless once you get high level traz.

Blue Galaxy is another beloved GB I'm thinking of passing up on. Even with 14 attempts you're only going to make 120-150fp at the most, and that's if it doubles every single time. GBG farming makes this look pitiful (on goods and troops too). (Edit: Someone pointed out fragments, I'm going to build it for that reason.)

Atlantis Museum was a favorite of mine since it basically had unlimited uses and I plundered all the time. But in reality it doesn't give you all that much in a 24 hour period. Some fps, some goods. Not worth it.

Hagia Sophia is one many already forego but I thought it was good considering it was cheap to level and gave 60+ fps at level 100ish. GBG changed this perception.

Thoughts on those GBs and if I should indeed build any of them?

Last edited:

Just An Observer

HC/CF/SMB is the trio that when combined with Unbirthday Party allows for Abort 2000 RQ. I have dual RQ's. Hitting the Abort 2000 limit is about 85 minutes so do 75 early enough in the day to allow for extra triggered RQ's, then knock out the last few minutes before the reset. What you get: 100+ FP's in the bank, 10K+ Medals, 7K+ Goods. You can also solve a variety of Daily and Event Quests with RQ. In Prog the settings for breakeven are levels 100/100/65. Lower eras cost less, higher eras cost more.

Ebeondi Asi

The value of St Marks is converting the Coins to Forge Points.
The real value of Himeji Castle are Supplies. The won goodies are icing on the cake. Remember you need a half billion supplies in each Space Age. and to have them in advance, best to start saving them up very early.

Truce Tower is good very early on. ditto Inno Tower for population and FPs. Later they're not as valuable.

Last edited:

Dursland

Good point on fragments with Blue Galaxy, I'll have to consider that.

Not seeing how HC helps with unbirthdays since you can only collect the supplies once?

Big-Bendz

Truce Tower is awesome because you can get many goods from ages much higher than yours. Yes it takes time and yes you can't direct what you get but it you play levels for quite a while, you can get many goods from future ages at little cost. Especially love the auto help function. I hit my friends which are often way above me and get boatloads of goods from higher ages. I love it. Note: 40 goods for a year is 1200+ goods over a year.

Ironrooster

I use Truce Tower mainly on my neighborhood to get mostly current age goods. Really helpful when doing the tech tree in the Space Ages with their huge amounts of goods required.

Blue Galaxy I use for double fragments, Buccaneer chests, Crow's Nest (I have doubled the diamonds a few times), and current age goods when working my way through the tech tree. While it does double FP's, I never have that as a primary goal.

The others I usually don't use.

Dursland

I forgot to post this about SMB but having a bunch of wheat fields certainly makes it less necessary, as each one is 10% boost to coins. Harvest Farms 7 piece set is in top 10 attack per tile buildings so it's likely I'll be adding more of them. Helps that they are available in AD.

Emberguard

Himeji is probably the most controversial on this list. People swear by it and love it. But I tell you what, I have been taking mine in Z to level 91 for that extra collection attempt so I'm double dipping a lot and seeing the rewards all the time. Simply put, they are not worth it. Himeji takes so many fps to level and has a sizable footprint yet you rarely get diamonds, the 200fp comes up infrequently, and the rogues are worthless once you get high level traz.
Fair enough, but I sure find it fun to use :D

Also by the time you reach Virtual Future you really need something that gives a major Supply Boost to get through the technology. So if you're not using Himeji, you're still going to need *something* that can do heavy lifting on that.

The Deadman's Boathouse from the Summer Event would have been a fantastic replacement or supplement, assuming the chests in inventory are determined at the time of opening. As then they'd scale up the supplies by the time you reach Virtual Future.

Who knows. Maybe by the time you get to Virtual Future InnoGames will release some other way of getting Supplies in bulk on top of what we already have.

If you're heavy into Guild Battlegrounds fighting, hypothetically maybe you could make the Waterfall map your main income of Supplies? I have no idea how viable it'd be, I've never tried removing all my city production supply sources. But you could try it.

Speaking of Rogues being worthless once you get a high level traz. If you're not doing Guild V Guild, then you can potentially get to a point where Alcatraz becomes worthless too. Because Guild Battlegrounds gives so many units, and there's so many Event/Special buildings that can potentially give Units in a smaller space with additional bonuses better than just happiness.

Pericles the Lion

My HC is at L91. For Spoils of War, my daily average is 194 goods, 6 Rogues, 93 FPs, and 2 diamonds. Include the 3.8MM supplies and I think that it's worth the space.

Xenosaur

For the HC, the math analysis (which I did upon initial release) of the building speaks non-controversial volumes. I have shared this since the building's inception....see chart below.

People asked me..

1) Are you getting an HC? I replied yes.
2) How high are you lifting it? I sent them a link to this chart and said: "Where do you think we should lift it to?"

A picture is worth a thousand words (or equations) for optimal point.

They'd reply with more conviction when they could see it for themselves. Most picked the SAME level as I did: 58

I'm not a fan of the cost efficiency of L91 (instead, I've advised many to stop @ 58 based on efficiency....), but if you have FP (like we all do these days from game FP inflation...), why not? There are more optimum places to stop (chart shows bump locations that correlate with charge increases and cost to lift - which looks like a hockey stick...) but I'll strongly agree that it's : 1) a fun building (agree @Emberguard), 2) a productive building.

If you want the yearly numbers you make from an HC at level X, the math model I wrote can do that in a flash. Alternately, use @Pericles the Lion daily number, and multiply EACH ONE of the 4 types of things he lists as "aggregated" rewards, by 365. It's a substantial amount of "stuff" for doing something each day that we all do: fight in some team thing, or someone.

Alternately again, use the level 58 HC modeler analysis, below this graph/chart.

HC analysis - Efficiency - 100.jpgHC365 - level 58 - vX1.JPG

Last edited:

Sledgie

I like HC in new cities for the supplies. I built it on Carthage as soon as I could get the prints and buy the goods. Even if you discount everything else it offers, HC is well worth building in a young city for the supplies alone - and you don't have to invest much into it to get the benefit. Level 4 is sufficient.

Mor-Rioghain

I'm never going to be complacent about supplies boosted or otherwise again. I agree on all of the GBs you listed but would argue for it and perhaps the goods producing gbs if only to point out that obtaining previous era goods, especially on a new server, might be the bridge you'll need to obtain lower era goods for any techs that come up in not yet discovered eras. Also they will enable you to either sell gb packages to other players who won't be advancing quickly through the tech tree or simply just to donate to your guild's treasury to enable SC support/GvG sieging and the like in the lower eras. If there's one thing all of my higher era friends complain about collectively, it's the inability to obtain goods in the lower eras in their own markets. Just a thought before 'nixing' them before you've even built them!

CDmark

HC is one of the best GBs, L58 for me, see info above for more details. Now, I would say, the 6x6 is same as a ToR, I would not have a ToR and have HC instead, if space is an issue. NOW, not sure how ToR will affect L5 GE so I could change my opinion if the ToR has some play in GE L5.
SMB is helpful for getting coins on recurring quests when collecting. It is big so this one depends on how the player plays. Other info mentioned above.
HS and BG, come down to FPs (BG gives goods and fragments). Of the 2, BG better. I always look at FP per tile when comparing space in the city.
BG needs to have good buildings for collection, event or settlement, see Sharmon above for the fragment aspect.
Truce, just buy higher age goods and trade down, waste of space for me
Inno, Atlantis, waste of space for me

Moonlight Queen

I've been taking a long look at what GBs I have in Zorskog and deciding which ones to exclude on Dilmun.

So far the list is: Truce Tower, Inno Tower, St Mark's, Himeji, Blue Galaxy, Atlantis Museum, and Hagia Sophia.

I have those and am leaning towards a 'no' to building them in Dilmun.

Truce Tower gives 20-40 goods a day, across multiple eras. Takes years of aiding to build up any worthwhile stocks.

Inno Tower is obsolete now with event buildings giving so much pop, and the fps are an afterthought given GBG and the fact event buildings are giving fair amounts themselves. FPs output even at higher levels is quite low anyway.

St Mark's is basically an oversized goods building once you get coins stockpiled. And after ME gives far less valuable goods.

Blue Galaxy is another beloved GB I'm thinking of passing up on. Even with 14 attempts you're only going to make 120-150fp at the most, and that's if it doubles every single time. GBG farming makes this look pitiful (on goods and troops too).

Atlantis Museum was a favorite of mine since it basically had unlimited uses and I plundered all the time. But in reality it doesn't give you all that much in a 24 hour period. Some fps, some goods. Not worth it.

Hagia Sophia is one many already forego but I thought it was good considering it was cheap to level and gave 60+ fps at level 100ish. GBG changed this perception.

Thoughts on those GBs and if I should indeed build any of them?
Blue Galaxy is one of my favorites. I'd rethink that one. My HC also pays out well and it is only in the 70's. Goods, FPs and if you are fighting in GvG - you never have enough rogues.

Dursland

Found 3 expansions I'd forgotten about in the tech tree from EMA/HMA when I was saving techs. I have plenty of others so gonna claim those soon and build Kraken then I am done in Dilmun!

Here's my list, in the order I built them:

The Arc
Statue of Zeus
Alcatraz
Cathedral of Aachen
Temple of Relics
Observatory
Castel del Monte
Chateau Frontenac
Terracotta Army
Cape Canaveral
The Blue Galaxy
Arctic Orangery
Flying Island
The Kraken (soon to be built)

No plans to add any other GBs, unless Space Age Titan comes out with a good one. The extra space gained by not building the GBs most people have will be dedicated to attack boosts.

Pericles the Lion

Found 3 expansions I'd forgotten about in the tech tree from EMA/HMA when I was saving techs. I have plenty of others so gonna claim those soon and build Kraken then I am done in Dilmun!

Here's my list, in the order I built them:

The Arc
Statue of Zeus
Alcatraz
Cathedral of Aachen
Temple of Relics
Observatory
Castel del Monte
Chateau Frontenac
Terracotta Army
Cape Canaveral
The Blue Galaxy
Arctic Orangery
Flying Island
The Kraken (soon to be built)

No plans to add any other GBs, unless Space Age Titan comes out with a good one. The extra space gained by not building the GBs most people have will be dedicated to attack boosts.
When you get to AF you'll need to reconsider the Space Carrier and AI Core.

xivarmy

My thoughts on your candidates:

Truce Tower : can it. possibly also delete it in Z :p Never been a fan of it. In theory it's good for a low age camping city that wants a stream of high age goods from their friends. But otherwise it just does not keep up.
Inno Tower & Hagia Sophia : pass. while they're not strictly outdated yet, when you include alternative-use-of-space in its cost, it's highly questionable to plant and level them these days

Himeji : One of my favorites - FP alone may not justify it but it does so much more - supplies, goods, rogues, occasionally diamonds. No level 91 is not so worth it. But 58 is. 91 is a vanity project when you have FP coming out your ears :p

St Mark's : Questionable, but I do recommend having it early and deciding later if you want to delete it or commit to really levelling it. Coin Boost, even at a moderate level is quite useful early on.

Atlantis Museum : Probably a pass. I built one on one world and still have it there, but I never really made great use of it.

---

On ones you've decided you're including:

Kraken : seriously? Its special effect is of little importance to serious fighting because of charges (maybe useful for a low age camper again for pushing continent). And it's so expensive to level for its marginal FP output. I'd can this in the same category as inno and hagia.

Flying Island : you're including this and yet skipping Himeji? Math doesn't check out at all - it's even more expensive to level, and doesn't do as much. The only convincing argument I ever saw for this was having a low level one built with *free* goods on a new city because like temple of relics, it doesn't level all that well... But still does a significant amount at level 1.

stymie of Suwannee

Yep. HC+CF=WIN as everyone pointed out. If you’re going to prioritize combat, having a BG helps bring up that daily income from your city. And the Kraken sure seems cool, but it sure eats a lot for a little result. If you can fine tune when it attacks (GvG), it can be handy, but otherwise it’s just a random, short burst of heavy damage.

Dursland

I plan to use Kraken boosts on high attrition fights and Flying Island intrigued me with its variety of rewards. Not only can you get rogues, but you can get troops too - and already have.

But you're right about both.