• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fair Play - NOT!

DeletedUser31440

some players like to attack and plunder, simply for the sake of attacking and plundering.

if you look at the way the game is designed...players who camp to attack and plunder lose lots of resources from staying in an age to plunder. they would be able to gain far more resources by progressing through the ages.

if your worried about someone plundering you, just advance in the tech tree to get out of their neighborhood.
if you keep advancing in eras, soon you'll be in PE making 225% more coins... 80% more supplies..and PE goods
while they are still camping trying to plunder talc, glass, and coins from clapboard houses.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know the reason why I'm in HMA with rogues and attack GB's is not to plunder my hood for HMA goods. I stay there because it's easier to fight through GE, alchemists are small, the production RQ only requires 2x 24 hours, I can comfortably focus my time leveling GB's to make the later ages a breeze, and I enjoy the aesthetics of a HMA city.

Also while you will produce more coins and supplies in PE than in LMA you also will be spending much more of them, the cost rises faster than the production so staying in an age with a low cost for supplies/coins lets you build up the GB's that will allow you to move to higher ages and maintain similiar ratios. But maybe some people choose to camp just to plunder?

Czari

Thank you for the response. I understand the sentiment but its the camping I do not support. What is to be gained by it other than brand yourself as a jack-ofX?

You've received many great responses but a few more re: camping:
(1) Some GvG guilds encourage players/ask players to stay in a certain age to build up their military in that age so that they have x amount of fighters in each age to better gain territory on the GvG map. I've seen this in several top guilds on two servers.
(2) Diamond farms - Some players have multiple worlds for the sole purpose of gaining diamonds to support their main world/s. No point in spending time on the tech tree for that. Just to try something new, I kept one city in the Bronze Age for a year and had a level 10+ LoA, CoA, CdM, and a gazillion watchfires. I ended up in a hood near the end with a lot of EMA players who couldn't break my defense. I didn't plunder and only fought there for quests...my goal was to see how far I could take the Bronze Age and to feed diamonds to my other worlds.
(3) Check out CosmicRaven's guide to Heavy Questing. He recommends camping in certain ages for his strategy.

I've seen too many people do the opposite of what you're complaining about on the point of camping - racing through the tech tree before they have a decent amount of goods, etc. for each age, then hit a wall and start whining that no one is taking their trades (because they have nothing of value to trade for the advanced age they're in as opposed to what they have to trade). A lot can be gained by staying in an age for a time; I've rarely seen anything good come from moving too quickly.

YMMV :rolleyes:

DeletedUser34459

At least the “bully” phrase hasn’t come out to play yet, oh wait I just used it. Camping and plundering are all essentials to building a strong foundation to grow easier in later stages of the game. If ya’ll don’t like it go play Candy Crush.

plinker2

If you read in the forums, almost every seasoned player advises AGAINST rushing throught the ages or even the campain battles part. It is far better to take your time and build up goods, fps, armies, GBs, almost everything. That is really part of the enjoyment. You never know what you may run across.

DeletedUser32009

The question is, is the player camping or are you rushing your tech tree?
A young lady emailed me after I plundered her. Don't do that. But I decided to try and help her get her city straight and teach her the game. We friended and for weeks I gave advice. One I stressed was do not jump to LMA until we get your city straight and you are in the top ten in your hood. She advanced to LMA, I dropped her as a friend. She wasted weeks of my time. If she ends up in my hood next week, I'll plunder every day. You cant just play your game the way you want to and expect others to play as you do.They can play their game the way they want. Attacking players in this game is very mild compared to other games.
take the above advice from the other posters. If not, make sure you collect your goods before they get plundered.

spnnr

The question is, is the player camping or are you rushing your tech tree?
A young lady emailed me after I plundered her. Don't do that. But I decided to try and help her get her city straight and teach her the game. We friended and for weeks I gave advice. One I stressed was do not jump to LMA until we get your city straight and you are in the top ten in your hood. She advanced to LMA, I dropped her as a friend. She wasted weeks of my time. If she ends up in my hood next week, I'll plunder every day. You cant just play your game the way you want to and expect others to play as you do.They can play their game the way they want. Attacking players in this game is very mild compared to other games.
take the above advice from the other posters. If not, make sure you collect your goods before they get plundered.

Yeah sometimes you cant teach an old dog new tricks ..but at least you tried.

DeletedUser32397

There is a player who has 2.3 mil points and constantly attacks and plunders its neighbors in Greifield. The player has not worked the time line so that it remains in the Late Middle ages. Why would a player with all the GB's and an army of rogues be playing in the late middle ages? Is this form of play tolerated by FOE?
Yes, I agree. People who are good at the game should be banned. Absolutely.