• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALSE Global Ranking and Bullying--

DeletedUser13566

How much longer are admin and the mods going to continue supporting the false numbers generated by putting someone like me--High Middle Ages---in with Contemporary people/eras--I have contacted support and was told to come here
I was merged into a contemporary neighborhood---am attacked/plundered sometimes 15 times per day--spearfighters against tanks---even with no defense their numbers still climb---just how long is this type of bullying/false number generation supposed to go on???
I was told there is no control over how the servers act in relation to merges--I wonder who programmed them to begin with--mayhaps they need to re-program ---thats like saying I have no control over how my personal computer acts/looks
Sorry about the grammar---this hillbilly was kicked from kindergarten for a good reason

Thanks for your consideration/time---

NunYet

DeletedUser10806

There are a million stories unfortunately like yours. Common replies go along the lines of:
1) Sit and wait it out till the next hood merge where things will probably get better
2) Learn to collect your produce on time.
3) try to befriend the attackers
4) stop moaning as plundering is part of the game
5) The hoods merges are always fair 2 eras apart
6) Build a better defense
7) Rotate your defense and times of collection of goods etc to confuse the attackers
8) Concentrate on another world for 2 weeks and just collect your FPs from this one and put into GBs

Some of the above I'd agree with but not all.

The hood merge system is patently flawed and there are players out there who see it as their right to plunder whenever they can. Unfortunately this is how the game works like it or not.

Best of luck!

DeletedUser

If you want to change the neighborhood system you have to support proposals to alter the neighborhood merge system. They would change the system so that instead of Contemporary Age players being stuck with Colonial Age players It would make neighborhoods 2-3 consecutive ages.

DeletedUser6210

Bullying, when you have 350K and some else has 3.5 Million how can you possible defend. They have no goods bldg because they take from entire neighborhood. Supposedly they are goods farmers for their guild. Never trade only plunder. Have watched other players quit the game because they have 100K or less and can't defend against attacks. Ages may be close but points are lopsided so there is no way to beat them unless you invest in diamonds to buy your way to better forces. Been stuck with this situation for several months and it sucks. Forget the ages and go by points so the new players get a chance.

DeletedUser8152

Bullying, when you have 350K and some else has 3.5 Million how can you possible defend. They have no goods bldg because they take from entire neighborhood. Supposedly they are goods farmers for their guild. Never trade only plunder. Have watched other players quit the game because they have 100K or less and can't defend against attacks. Ages may be close but points are lopsided so there is no way to beat them unless you invest in diamonds to buy your way to better forces. Been stuck with this situation for several months and it sucks. Forget the ages and go by points so the new players get a chance.
Why do you feel that you can't defend against another player of similar age with more points?

DeletedUser8428

Points have nothing to do with what kind of army one has. If you and I are both LMA, we will both have (left over from HMA) access to Heavy Infantry, Trebuchet's and the like, and we will both be earning Great Sword Warriors, Heavy Knights and Cannons. If I'm busy battling the map and the PvP tower and you don't, then I will have more points than you. But I will not get any troops that you don't also get - our armies will be the same type.

Points come for two reasons - battling and building. If you battle, you get points which raise your rank. But you ALSO get points for upgrading your city and for collecting more resources and coins.
I'm floored by the number of cities I visit that are crowded with oudated buildings from earlier eras - you can tell what era a person is in by their Town Hall. An HMA town hall and all they've got for army is spear fighter barracks. Upgrade your army as soon as you can. Upgrade your other buildings also - it improves your coin and resource production and improves your points. But make no mistake - if you and I are both at the end of LMA, we both have access to the same troops. If you choose to not upgrade your army ... then yes, I will beat you.

Click on your global rank at the top of the screen. You'll see a list of all players in your world. Visit the cities of some of the folks at the very top - VERY few of them are holding on to old, outdated buildings (with the exception of special buildings won in events). Their houses and resource buildings are current and i can assure you that their armies are current (although some have previous armies for GvG) Their elevated rank comes from playing for a long time and earning points through battle and upgrading their city.

I struggled in the beginning 'cause I HATE being at the bottom of anything (yeah, I've got an ego problem but that's another conversation). I went to the global ranking list and I started sending out friend invitations to dozens of the top players. Some ignored me, some accepted. The ones that accepted became a TERRIFIC resource - I asked them how they became successful. I adopted what some of them did and ignored what I didn't like (I've plundered only THREE times and all 3 were because they plundered me first, so I retaliated). So I don't plunder. I also don't attack people in lower ages. BUT - the best advice they gave me was to STOP EXPECTING other people to follow my rules.
So I don't. You don't want to battle at all or even have an army? Ok, fine by me. You want to plunder all your neighbors? That's fine too - I'm going to do whatever I have to do to protect my stuff. I usually time my production every 24 hours and no, I'm not going to tell you what time of day that is :) I fully expect to periodically get plundered ... and I do. But in the last 5 months, all I've lost is some coins from houses. Doesn't make me thrilled, but it's the cost of playing the game.

Plunder is part of FOE. Expect it. Do what you can to minimize it's negative effect on you. And then get on with building and working your way through the game.

Or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6210

Usually more points equal higher age. If someone is ahead of you by an age and a half you can cut it down but catching up is very difficult esp. with RL taking up time. I have seen this individual in towers from bronze age through industrial with over 300 battles in 6 days not counting daily attacks on most of the neighbors. I do not have the time to catch up or keep pace. So research and paying costs of opening new research slow one down. Supposedly no bots are supposed to be used or accts shared so I wonder how someone has the time for all those battles and research to stay ahead. Possibly I am speaking from frustration at my inability to proceed fast enough to catch up and give back what I am getting.

DeletedUser2744

If you're in HMA why are you still defending with spearmen??? Update, honey; update!

DeletedUser

Points have nothing to do with what kind of army one has. If you and I are both LMA, we will both have (left over from HMA) access to Heavy Infantry, Trebuchet's and the like, and we will both be earning Great Sword Warriors, Heavy Knights and Cannons. If I'm busy battling the map and the PvP tower and you don't, then I will have more points than you. But I will not get any troops that you don't also get - our armies will be the same type.

Points come for two reasons - battling and building. If you battle, you get points which raise your rank. But you ALSO get points for upgrading your city and for collecting more resources and coins.
I'm floored by the number of cities I visit that are crowded with oudated buildings from earlier eras - you can tell what era a person is in by their Town Hall. An HMA town hall and all they've got for army is spear fighter barracks. Upgrade your army as soon as you can. Upgrade your other buildings also - it improves your coin and resource production and improves your points. But make no mistake - if you and I are both at the end of LMA, we both have access to the same troops. If you choose to not upgrade your army ... then yes, I will beat you.

Click on your global rank at the top of the screen. You'll see a list of all players in your world. Visit the cities of some of the folks at the very top - VERY few of them are holding on to old, outdated buildings (with the exception of special buildings won in events). Their houses and resource buildings are current and i can assure you that their armies are current (although some have previous armies for GvG) Their elevated rank comes from playing for a long time and earning points through battle and upgrading their city.

I struggled in the beginning 'cause I HATE being at the bottom of anything (yeah, I've got an ego problem but that's another conversation). I went to the global ranking list and I started sending out friend invitations to dozens of the top players. Some ignored me, some accepted. The ones that accepted became a TERRIFIC resource - I asked them how they became successful. I adopted what some of them did and ignored what I didn't like (I've plundered only THREE times and all 3 were because they plundered me first, so I retaliated). So I don't plunder. I also don't attack people in lower ages. BUT - the best advice they gave me was to STOP EXPECTING other people to follow my rules.
So I don't. You don't want to battle at all or even have an army? Ok, fine by me. You want to plunder all your neighbors? That's fine too - I'm going to do whatever I have to do to protect my stuff. I usually time my production every 24 hours and no, I'm not going to tell you what time of day that is :) I fully expect to periodically get plundered ... and I do. But in the last 5 months, all I've lost is some coins from houses. Doesn't make me thrilled, but it's the cost of playing the game.

Plunder is part of FOE. Expect it. Do what you can to minimize it's negative effect on you. And then get on with building and working your way through the game.

Or not.

This is the best post yet about this plundering topic. +1000 if I could

DeletedUser10755

Usually more points equal higher age. If someone is ahead of you by an age and a half you can cut it down but catching up is very difficult esp. with RL taking up time. I have seen this individual in towers from bronze age through industrial with over 300 battles in 6 days not counting daily attacks on most of the neighbors. I do not have the time to catch up or keep pace. So research and paying costs of opening new research slow one down. Supposedly no bots are supposed to be used or accts shared so I wonder how someone has the time for all those battles and research to stay ahead. Possibly I am speaking from frustration at my inability to proceed fast enough to catch up and give back what I am getting.

When you get things running right you will be surprised on what you can do. It takes me about 15 minutes to run through 50 or so of my hoodies using auto-battle with roughly five lost units. If, in addition to this, I'm fighting in GvG it would be very easy to hit 300 wins/week. There's no magic, just an efficient system that took some time to figure out and streamline.

Surely it can be frustrating but there will always be others with more time to spend on FoE than you. Use your time wisely and learn from those who are succeeding.

DeletedUser13785

Use a single rogue defense to see if that impacts their ability to farm points for medals. You can't beat them, but you can hurt their points. Also, set your timers, when possible, on a 24 hr rotation and collect on time.

DeletedUser2145

You wouldn't make an impact on their medal rewards with a low defense. You'd make an impact on their ranking points only, which doesn't really hurt them at all, it would likely just annoy them and they'll be trying harder to plunder you. There are also many players who DON'T plunder so as long as you put up a full, good quality defense. So you might be doing yourself more harm than good if you don't have a proper defense set up.

DeletedUser6741

Use a single rogue defense to see if that impacts their ability to farm points for medals. You can't beat them, but you can hurt their points. Also, set your timers, when possible, on a 24 hr rotation and collect on time.

Exactly how old are you? You can't be an adult, because you keep pushing this one Rogue defense as a means to stop attackers from farming points for medals.

I'll go very slow for you this time and hopefully you'll understand. It really doesn't matter whether you put 1 Rogue, 1 Spearman, or 1 whatever as your defense. Yes, I won't get a lot of points for beating this defense, but guess what? Every other person that is in our hood and competing in the towers for points will get the exact same amount of points as I did. So who have you hurt? Not me or the other hoodies who attack you as we are getting the same amount of points, but you on the other hand have reduced your defense to the point where anyone, even someone lower than you in the hood can attack you and still win, which in the end means more people who can, if they chose take your stuff if you've left it out.

DeletedUser10806

Anyone who leaves a meager defense in place will tend to get plundered more readily than one who has put in some effort to protection.
1 Rogue = free goods!

DeletedUser8152

Have to say I'm surprised by the reaction to the 2 spear/1 rogue def. I thought it was fairly common, and a pretty sensible strategy. If you know you collect on time, and you are contesting the towers, then why not deny your opponents points? Of course it has the down side of meaning anyone can plunder you, but I wouldn't take it as an affront and make an extra effort to plunder that person. I usually see it as a way to cheaply contest a lower age tower, sometimes you can make some nice points that way. Heck, in my hood there's a couple of us who will contest the Bronze tower, mostly just for fun.

DeletedUser10076

Have to say I'm surprised by the reaction to the 2 spear/1 rogue def. I thought it was fairly common, and a pretty sensible strategy. If you know you collect on time, and you are contesting the towers, then why not deny your opponents points? Of course it has the down side of meaning anyone can plunder you, but I wouldn't take it as an affront and make an extra effort to plunder that person. I usually see it as a way to cheaply contest a lower age tower, sometimes you can make some nice points that way. Heck, in my hood there's a couple of us who will contest the Bronze tower, mostly just for fun.

When facing an aggressive player such as myself, you are really only hurting everyone else. MOST of the time a defending army will at least knock off a few bars of a unit or two. Instead of being forced to switch out units or wait to my units heal, I simply go to the next hoodie at full strength.

DeletedUser8152

I don't know, I don't feel like a couple scratches on my units slows me down any. I have plenty of units, taking some wounds is pretty irrelevant, they will heal. Obviously, if a player could post an army that I couldn't beat without a loss, then that would make a difference. But they I probably wouldn't attack that player, so if he puts up two spears, that's a plus for me.

The strategy I find most annoying (but therefore respect) is to alternate randomly between two spears and the toughest army they have.

DeletedUser11463

Some people like to plunder, others don't. Some have armies and some don't. Each of us plays the game in a different way. So what is the difference between a fighter/plunderer and a bully? If you are within an age or 2 of someone and attack, win and plunder, then that can be considered acceptable. What is a bully? Someone 3, 4, 5 ages above someone and attacks/plunders. Why? Because the person attacked has exactly ZERO chance of winning and ZERO change of revenge. It's like taking candy from a baby or a high school kid beating up a 5th grader. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Is the bully better than the other person? No, they've been playing longer or spent a bunch of diamonds. Just my thoughts on the whole system.