• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALSE Global Ranking and Bullying--

DeletedUser26560

There are a million stories unfortunately like yours. Common replies go along the lines of:
1) Sit and wait it out till the next hood merge where things will probably get better
2) Learn to collect your produce on time.
3) try to befriend the attackers
4) stop moaning as plundering is part of the game
5) The hoods merges are always fair 2 eras apart
6) Build a better defense
7) Rotate your defense and times of collection of goods etc to confuse the attackers
8) Concentrate on another world for 2 weeks and just collect your FPs from this one and put into GBs

Some of the above I'd agree with but not all.

The hood merge system is patently flawed and there are players out there who see it as their right to plunder whenever they can. Unfortunately this is how the game works like it or not.

Best of luck!

I have read some of the LAME replies that basically say suck it up which leads me to believe that these ppl have never been continuously attack by superior players. I personally extremely despise the players that leach off other players and YES, BULLY lower level players (Adding them to my revenge list). I do not mind an occasional plunder as quests may demand or a player may need to do.

* Superior does not necessarily mean players with higher level towns. A player who focuses mainly on military has a greater advantage over farmers with moderate military because these players have military boosts that other do not have.

Realistically the only recourse is:
* to do tight collection times
* AID the attacker so they cant attack you (Questionable results)
* (EXTREME) Remove direct road connections that will disconnect your buildings from production if you are going to be away and not able to do collections. But this mean you will not get any progress with collections. (I like to leave a very low building to be plundered just to rub it in). LOL
* I have messaged these scumbag attackers and ranted on them and belittled them about how much they suck without using profanity or threats. Let these BOTTOM FEEDERS know what most players feel about their so called style of play which is considered to be classless and abusive toward other players.
This is not about occasional plunders, just those abusers.

DeletedUser

I have read some of the LAME replies that basically say suck it up which leads me to believe that these ppl have never been continuously attack by superior players. I personally extremely despise the players that leach off other players and YES, BULLY lower level players (Adding them to my revenge list). I do not mind an occasional plunder as quests may demand or a player may need to do.

* Superior does not necessarily mean players with higher level towns. A player who focuses mainly on military has a greater advantage over farmers with moderate military because these players have military boosts that other do not have.

* (EXTREME) Remove direct road connections that will disconnect your buildings from production if you are going to be away and not able to do collections. But this mean you will not get any progress with collections. (I like to leave a very low building to be plundered just to rub it in). LOL
* I have messaged these scumbag attackers and ranted on them and belittled them about how much they suck without using profanity or threats. Let these BOTTOM FEEDERS know what most players feel about their so called style of play which is considered to be classless and abusive toward other players.
This is a city building game, with war as part of the design. If you choose to build your city with little or no military or defense, then you should expect to not only reap the benefits of that decision, but to suffer the consequences also. This thread was started back when there were wildly disparate neighborhoods, with Future Era players sometimes getting put in with Middle Ages or lower players. Now that the neighborhoods are more closely aligned by era, it is possible to take steps to limit or eliminate plundering. If you don't take those steps, don't come crying because you get hit.

Signed,
A Scumbag Attacker.

DeletedUser29055

I want to mention that most "abusers" enjoy when players rant on them. You make their day - in addition of giving them resources. The more you get upset, the more they like it. I think the better course of action is to ignore them, and defend the city as best as possible.

Algona

Please don't necro years old threads, especially those that talk resolved problems. The hood shuffler rebalance means that almost all players you face are at or near your Era. If you can't deal with them, the problem is with you, not the game.

As far as your opinion on plunderers, you're welcome to it. How much good is that opinion doing you in dealing with the plunderers? If it's distorting you're thinking to the point where you disconnect production to spite them I suspect you need to rethink your understnading and attitudes about this game.

The absolute worst and unlikely scenario is that multiple plunderers manage to plunder everything you have, Not bloody likely if you play regularly and take reasonable and easy steps.

Disconnecting production guarantees you no production. Your game state does not advance, the plunderer's game state continues to advance, just not as fast. This helps you how?

Dsconnecting production: Absolutely awful advice.

I recommend reading jaelis most excellent stickied thread about plundering and if the advice in that thread does not help, ask for help giving detailed information about your situation.

Or you can keep whining, hating, and letting the plundereres eat your lunch. .

DeletedUser29563

I want to mention that most "abusers" enjoy when players rant on them. You make their day - in addition of giving them resources. The more you get upset, the more they like it. I think the better course of action is to ignore them, and defend the city as best as possible.

DeletedUser29563

This is the absolute truth. I'm also in LMA...and in the 100k point range(not that it matters). And I find myself ranked in the middle of my hood shuffle after shuffle. There are 3 or 4 players on this forum who are advanced..and are known plunderers. There is a thread here somewhere where they compare plunder achievements. And each of them..at some point or another..have posted in plain English how to avoid being plundered. So....I took their advice. And it works. Seems to me you are more bothered by not being able to stop the attacks..then you are about losing production. And that is a 100% you problem. As far as protecting your productions...it ain't hard. All of the players you call bullies have been where you are at some point. And they still advanced because they chose to take action. Inno will not help you here. Plundering is..and always will be...a facet of this game. Hell there's an award for it!! So do as I did..suck it up..read thru some of the threads and suggestions on how to prevent being plundered. Impliment the ones you can now...and make it a priority to work towards the ones you can't. And stop drawing parallels between this game and reality.

Signed...
An aspiring scumbag attacker

DeletedUser29563

This is what I meant by the truth...sorry..I'm a little slow on the forum uptake.

DeletedUser

Ok..so it won't let me quote for some reason...
It looks like you accidentally posted just the part you were quoting on your first attempt. Then you just posted your comments on what you posted. Then, I think, you went back and tried to repost the quote, but you were doing it from where you quoted it. You need to go back to the original again and requote it. When you "reply" to a post with one or more quotes in it, the resulting quote doesn't bring that quoted part forward, just the posting person's comments. So, when you "replied" to your own post of that quote, where you didn't comment, there is nothing for the mechanism to show. That's why you think it's not letting you quote.

Now, go back to the original post that you quoted, and try hitting "reply" again and see what happens.

DeletedUser29563

@ Stephen Longshanks....right you are

DeletedUser29563

It looks like you accidentally posted just the part you were quoting on your first attempt. Then you just posted your comments on what you posted. Then, I think, you went back and tried to repost the quote, but you were doing it from where you quoted it. You need to go back to the original again and requote it. When you "reply" to a post with one or more quotes in it, the resulting quote doesn't bring that quoted part forward, just the posting person's comments. So, when you "replied" to your own post of that quote, where you didn't comment, there is nothing for the mechanism to show. That's why you think it's not letting you quote.

Now, go back to the original post that you quoted, and try hitting "reply" again and see what happens.
Thank you for clearing that up

DeletedUser26560

This is a city building game, with war as part of the design. If you choose to build your city with little or no military or defense, then you should expect to not only reap the benefits of that decision, but to suffer the consequences also. This thread was started back when there were wildly disparate neighborhoods, with Future Era players sometimes getting put in with Middle Ages or lower players. Now that the neighborhoods are more closely aligned by era, it is possible to take steps to limit or eliminate plundering. If you don't take those steps, don't come crying because you get hit.

Signed,
A Scumbag Attacker.

Recently a player who I often contribute FPs to attacked and plundered me even though I did have adiquate military for my level and I was 1 minute from doing my collections. I think that quaulifies as scubag status. As you know a defender can not be there in the battle to do the defending it is the AI that defends you.

DeletedUser

Recently a player who I often contribute FPs to attacked and plundered me even though I did have adiquate military for my level and I was 1 minute from doing my collections. I think that quaulifies as scubag status. As you know a defender can not be there in the battle to do the defending it is the AI that defends you.
I never pay attention to who puts FP on my GBs, so that doesn't work with everyone. I would like to know what exactly you mean by "adiquate(sic) military" for your level, that's a rather vague term, although I would question whether military that gets beaten could be considered adequate.

wolfhoundtoo

I never pay attention to who puts FP on my GBs, so that doesn't work with everyone. I would like to know what exactly you mean by "adiquate(sic) military" for your level, that's a rather vague term, although I would question whether military that gets beaten could be considered adequate.

Oh he could actually have an 'adequate' military for his age.........that doesn't mean it's good enough to stop that particular attacker (of course he could have a crappy defense too :D). Problem is I am pretty sure he means that his army should be sufficient to defend his city (he clearly didn't actually take any of the advice above to heart).

DeletedUser27889

Why are people still complaining about this?

This thread was made long before the new hood shuffles where we all end up in the same era and a few select in 1 up or down.

Taverns now exist which have added city defense or plain shields to prevent any attacks.

And as before, none of it is needed if a person collects on time. There was a time years ago that if you didn't collect your productions they expired.. IE the GAME plundered you.

If plundering is that bad maintain your friends list under 80 so you are able to request the person plundering you as a friend. If they are not full they will most likely accept.

It seems no matter how much advice, game changes or anything else is given out regarding this people still find reason to complain. Plundering is part of the game, there are 2 GBs to benefit plunderers. The most recent GB is a plunder GB. They aren't taking it out anytime soon so you can either, learn how to deal with it like everyone else has or find a game more your style.

Also, plundering is not against the rules, calling people names is so you're the only one doing something wrong here.

- Not a plunderer.

DeletedUser26560

I guess some players would rather LEACH off other players that actually put in the effort to make stuff in a POSITIVE way that can be used to help others by a fair exchange cooperative. Some attacking once in a while is ok BUT I personally think those that just plunder for their advancement are the Scum Bags in this game and we create a hit list of them.

DeletedUser26560

Like I said... Bottom Feeders, they need to taste a bit of how they treat others. If they are masochists they will enjoy the pain.