• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Features that have been asked for and gotten a lot of support.

• Thread starter DeletedUser34239
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lady Redneck

Here is the puzzle for me.
I have heard all this debated countless times over the years, and everyone puts forward valid points. Some points we accept and others we do not. It all depends on our own perspective and what we play the game for. But everyone admits there are programming issues and hiccups. As the game development is on going, there always will be. Some we can live with, others can get really frustrating.

I play in 6 worlds plus Beta. I play GvG in 2 of them. When I first started playing there was no GvG only PvP. Neither was there a separate Beta server. I just had 1 city. I was new to the game I was concentrating on "What do I do here"not on technical matters. When GvG was launched the guys who had played other war games did the fighting and us noobs did the farming. I was lucky as the guild I was in was lead by a founder and leadership that saw the benefit of helping and encouraging new members. I did have a break from the game of about 6 months and when I came back there had been a whole load of changes. Including real problems with lag, freezing, game crashing that were definite programming and server issues. To the point that I just refused to go anywhere near GvG.

BUT (And I cannot be the only one) for the last Couple of years I can honestly say that for me (Except for short periods when a new Era was being launched, or a new Event) I have virtually no problems at all. (I did have to change from IE to Firefox when HTML5 Launched) So I did start doing GvG again and it has been great. The only intermittent glitch I have is occasionally I might have to click a couple of extra times between one battle and the next to get in to the next fight, which is frustrating when speed is important. But that is not any worse at recalc than if fighting in GvG at any other time. And the same thing happens in GBG. I am also finding that new players to the game that do have access to PC as well as their phone or other device. Really enjoy GvG when introduced to it despite its faults and limitations. So I do not think it is as near deaths door as some would have us believe. To me the biggest problem is in finding the sheer huge amount of goods and troops required now to do all I want to do in the game. So i do hold to my opinion that INNO is constantly working (and working well) behind the scenes to give us a great game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34239

Here is the puzzle for me.
I have heard all this debated countless times over the years, and everyone puts forward valid points. Some points we accept and others we do not. It all depends on our own perspective and what we play the game for. But everyone admits there are programming issues and hiccups. As the game development is on going, there always will be. Some we can live with, others can get really frustrating.

I play in 6 worlds plus Beta. I play GvG in 2 of them. When I first started playing there was no GvG only PvP. Neither was there a separate Beta server. I just had 1 city. I was new to the game I was concentrating on "What do I do here"not on technical matters. When GvG was launched the guys who had played other war games did the fighting and us noobs did the farming. I was lucky as the guild I was in was lead by a founder and leadership that saw the benefit of helping and encouraging new members. I did have a break from the game of about 6 months and when I came back there had been a whole load of changes. Including real problems with lag, freezing, game crashing that were definite programming and server issues. To the point that I just refused to go anywhere near GvG.

BUT (And I cannot be the only one) for the last Couple of years I can honestly say that for me (Except for short periods when a new Era was being launched, or a new Event) I have virtually no problems at all. (I did have to change from IE to Firefox when HTML5 Launched) So I did start doing GvG again and it has been great. The only intermittent glitch I have is occasionally I might have to click a couple of extra times between one battle and the next to get in to the next fight, which is frustrating when speed is important. But that is not any worse at recalc than if fighting in GvG at any other time. And the same thing happens in GBG. I am also finding that new players to the game that do have access to PC as well as their phone or other device. Really enjoy GvG when introduced to it despite its faults and limitations. So I do not think it is as near deaths door as some would have us believe. To me the biggest problem is in finding the sheer huge amount of goods and troops required now to do all I want to do in the game. So i do hold to my opinion that INNO is constantly working (and working well) behind the scenes to give us a great game.
Thank you for sharing that. I started this game when W opened and started doing "gvg" several months later. By "gvg", I mean taking npc's, not a real war. I had no issues, at all, any time of day or night. A few months after moving to Ascension on W, a real war broke out and we have been fighting it ever since. There are a lot of players doing gvg at calc (I mean a LOT) as well as taking tiles at odd times after getting a bubble or more at calc. The lag from that IS far worse at calc. From your comments and a few others, it may be that the servers are not capable of handling the volume of use they are seeing. I believe there are a few other worlds that see the volume of traffic that W does at calc (or in that area).

However, that still does not explain why so many of us are seeing lag opening and donating to gb's and aiding, unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the W server. I do have a couple of farms on other worlds where I do not do gvg and they do not have the same issues as I have on W.

Agent327

The counter is what he meant by the progress (as I'm sure you know that person meant). It's how you know if you're finishing a tile when you should not be.

Why shouldn't you be? You want the sector, don't you?

1. If I were insulting them, you could not miss it.
2. Gvg has a LOT of big money spenders. If Inno successfully kills it off, they WILL take a good sized hit in their revenues, but it will be too late by the time they realize it.
3. That is not a solution since the GBG goods needed to build siege camps will increase drastically along with those members' arrivals. It's insane the amount of goods in some eras that the camps and traps and such cost. One, just ONE person in an era could mean you have to spend 2500+ goods from that era PER gbg building for the entire season! This is all on top of the cost of active gvg battles in those eras.
4. Nice try. I bought a new comp recently and have very good internet. The lag has been just as bad on the new comp as it was on the old one.

1. He did not miss it.
2. The to go to argument when it comes to GvG and never proven.
3. That is supposed to happen
4. There is more when it comes to a good and fast connection.

However, that still does not explain why so many of us are seeing lag opening and donating to gb's and aiding, unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the W server. I do have a couple of farms on other worlds where I do not do gvg and they do not have the same issues as I have on W.

That's cause many of us do not have that problem. That makes it a problem at your end.

The Lady Redneck

I also play in W, but in a small GE focused guild, that does no GvG. We also do a little GBG but not on a serious level. We do not do GvG at all. (well ...ehmmm.... I do sort of get lost at times and somehow land up there purely by accident) :eek: :oops: We usually go between gold and diamond in GBG and do it for the personal rewards and not for aggressive competition. We have no probs there whilst aiding or opening and donating to GBs. I know some in all worlds complain about getting knocked back when donating to GBs when 2 or more are trying to donate at once. But there are other posts on the forum that discus that issue.

I will throw this in though, And it probably has totally no bearing whatsoever. But on every server there is a huge number of dead and never got off the ground guilds. All with a varying number of inactive players. Most have open membership and are great for guild hopping to build up coin and get GB prints when first starting a new world. OK they have no bearing on inherent GvG probs, but what effect (if any) could that dead weight have on server performance? Just a stray thought.

Agent327

I will throw this in though, And it probably has totally no bearing whatsoever. But on every server there is a huge number of dead and never got off the ground guilds. All with a varying number of inactive players. Most have open membership and are great for guild hopping to build up coin and get GB prints when first starting a new world. OK they have no bearing on inherent GvG probs, but what effect (if any) could that dead weight have on server performance? Just a stray thought.

None

Graviton

1. Contesting is not the same as "trying to put me in my place" which is what you seem to be doing.

I can't control what you infer. I can only tell you my intent, which is simply to challenge your points, to understand your reasoning, and to point out what I think are flaws in that reasoning. I have said nothing about you personally. How you choose to feel about that is up to you.

2. I KNOW and have said the devs will not improve or expand it. I keep saying, that is not the same as them saying they would make no attempt to fix any bugs. They specifically did NOT say that when they posted their info about gvg and gbg when gbg was soon to be launched.

I'm not sure why you think they would fix bugs in what is essentially an abandoned mini-game. The lag at recalc, if that's the bug you're talking about, isn't so much a bug as the nature of the beast. Bad performance due to inelegant design. But okay, I guess if you want to continue to campaign for bug fixes in a dead side-game, be my guest. You wouldn't be the only one, but I think it's a waste of time.

3. OK, that's sort of what I am saying. I am saying it will make it easier for the high era folks to help the guild support the lower era folks. Even with most of the 80 members in my guild having level 80 arcs, that does not come close to supporting gbg and gvg needs on any era lower than AF. Period. To recruit more lower era folks (who are unlikely to come to us with level 80+ arcs, so it will not support the needs they will create), who do we kick? What level 80 arc loyal member do we boot to make room? And, as I said, a level 80 arc and a level 80 obs for one player will not pay the expense Inno imposes in either gvg or gbg if they are the only player in that era. Even a 3 person guild has tremendous cost for buildings in gbg. How does that make any sense?
4. Isn't the goal of the game to beat the other guilds you are up against? or is it to just do what we can easily and hope for the best?

Well yeah, the goal is for your guild to beat other guilds. Right now some other guilds have a strategic advantage over yours (enough lower aged players or other means by which to pay the costs of siege buildings) and instead of adapting, you want Inno to deny them that advantage. That's like the proposals we get every couple of weeks for Inno to somehow stop guilds from teaming up because other guilds are getting their butts handed to them. Guilds are matched by relative success, not by how they achieve it, nor by guild size, nor by the composition of their membership; so the other differences between similarly successful guilds -- differences in timing, diplomacy, communication, coordination, adaptability, allocation of resources -- become the determining factors, and are much more important than they are in GvG.

I know of guilds that don't build tons of siege buildings. That's just another choice that a guild has to make in how they approach GBG and how they allocate their resources. I'm guessing many of those guilds don't do both GvG and GBG, perhaps for the very reason that it's too costly in terms of guild goods to manage both. I still don't see why Inno should remove that factor from the decision making and strategy for guilds that are having trouble with it, because not all of them are.

OTOH, I am in a couple of guilds that do both, and none of the message board chatter in either has ever mentioned this issue. We also haven't seen this complaint much on the forums (maybe it has been on the beta forums, I don't know). That's all anecdotal, granted; but it appears that this is not considered a problem by very many guilds. Or they've simply decided to deal with it instead of asking for it to be changed.

5. I am still not convinced there are exceptions. There is NO way it's everyone on W, but not an Inno problem. Maybe it's the W server, then.

I suppose that's possible. I would bet that each world isn't on a distinct server, but I could be wrong about that, I just don't know. I have a hard time imagining that Inno would allow one or two servers to have wide-spread issues while the rest of them don't, but again, I don't know. Open an in-game support ticket and see what they say.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34239

Why shouldn't you be? You want the sector, don't you?

1. He did not miss it.
2. The to go to argument when it comes to GvG and never proven.
3. That is supposed to happen
4. There is more when it comes to a good and fast connection.

That's cause many of us do not have that problem. That makes it a problem at your end.
Obviously, you have no idea how to effectively block an enemy or work with allies if you think you should take every sector immediately.

1. Expressing frustration is not the same, but I guess you have no clue about that. Since all I have seen from you are insults, I am not surprised.
2. All you have to do is check out the cities of the gvg players to see that, but hey, it might undermine your arguments, so why would you?
3. If that's how it's supposed to be (1 member in a guild causing the cost to be so incredibly high), that's poor customer consideration, but it seems you all agree that's how Inno operates.
4. Obviously, you believe you're the expert on that. w/e

It just boggles the mind how fast you to say it's all me, in spite of proof to the contrary. Do you work for Inno? Are you a mod? If it were all me, there would not be so many that also have the EXACT SAME ISSUES, often AT THE EXACT SAME TIMES using different browsers and in completely different regions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34239

i've played on Walstrand for a year or so. No different lag then MK or Rugnir.

Some lag since the start of the Event in the city screen on each world, I've noticed no lag in GBG or GE.
Your screen never freezes up on you? You never get booted out of the game during fights? These things happen every single day, multiple times a day to me and the folks I play with and talk to on W during gvg, when opening gb's, etc. What about invisible sieges? Nothing showing, but you see bubbles coming up or when you enter the tile, there's a siege, but you cannot see it on the map, itself? Or what about the gbg progress count? That is always accurates? I do agree about GE. I have not ever seen these issues there, nor have I stated anywhere that there is a problem with it. It does have some crappy "prizes" but that seems to be what the devs want. There are some decent ones, too.

Agent327

Obviously, you have no idea how to effectively block an enemy or work with allies if you think you should take every sector immediately.

Obviously you do not know that I care very little about player inventions and their stupid complaints because of it. Are you in such a rush to block that sector that switching between your city and GBG is to much to ask?

1. Expressing frustration is not the same, but I guess you have no clue about that. Since all I have seen from you are insults, I am not surprised.

You do not express frustration. Frustration is spur of the moment. You are deliberately rude and obnoxious. You copied your GvG post to the feedback thread a day later. Still call that frustration?

2. All you have to do is check out the cities of the gvg players to see that, but hey, it might undermine your arguments, so why would you?

Great advice. Can you tell me how to select those [players? Don't want to go on a wild goose chase, cause there is a hug majority of app players and those can not even play GvG.

3. If that's how it's supposed to be (1 member in a guild causing the cost to be so incredibly high), that's poor customer consideration, but it seems you all agree that's how Inno operates.

Read the explanation. Don't try to argue things you know absolutely nothing about.

4. Obviously, you believe you're the expert on that. w/e

I must be. I have no lag at all.

It just boggles the mind how fast you to say it's all me, in spite of proof to the contrary. Do you work for Inno? Are you a mod? If it were all me, there would not be so many that also have the EXACT SAME ISSUES, often AT THE EXACT SAME TIMES using different browsers and in completely different regions.

What proof? All you do is make hollow statements. You have no proof at all. Show us the proof.

Algona

...stuff...

Pretty sure my statement is pretty clear on my experience.

Since I wasn't responding to something you wrote, I'm not responsible for explaining why I mentioned GE.

If for some reason you do want to discuss something with me, I'd appreciate it if you were civil about it.

DeletedUser34239

Obviously you do not know that I care very little about player inventions and their stupid complaints because of it. Are you in such a rush to block that sector that switching between your city and GBG is to much to ask?

You do not express frustration. Frustration is spur of the moment. You are deliberately rude and obnoxious. You copied your GvG post to the feedback thread a day later. Still call that frustration?

Great advice. Can you tell me how to select those [players? Don't want to go on a wild goose chase, cause there is a hug majority of app players and those can not even play GvG.

Read the explanation. Don't try to argue things you know absolutely nothing about.

I must be. I have no lag at all.

What proof? All you do is make hollow statements. You have no proof at all. Show us the proof.
1. I am not going to explain all about how to do well in gbg here. It would be a complete waste of my time, anyway. You don't even play the game.
2. pot, kettle. I am not half as rude as you are. YOU SUGGESTED POSTING TO FEEDBACK. As soon as I found it after that, I posted there. Btw, you NEVER did answer my question on where to find that. Someone else did, after a bit.
3. Check out the top 10 players on any world. Good odds they all do gvg. Maybe even the top 20. Fyi, some are still doing it on puffin, rather than PC.
4. rude again, shocking...not
5. You don't play, so of course you have no lag.
6. The proof has been submitted to inno in the form of tickets to support numerous times. I cannot get my images to load here, they are too big, but you don't really want to see them, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34239

Pretty sure my statement is pretty clear on my experience.

Since I wasn't responding to something you wrote, I'm not responsible for explaining why I mentioned GE.

If for some reason you do want to discuss something with me, I'd appreciate it if you were civil about it.
Please, enlighten me. What was rude here:
"Your screen never freezes up on you? You never get booted out of the game during fights? These things happen every single day, multiple times a day to me and the folks I play with and talk to on W during gvg, when opening gb's, etc. What about invisible sieges? Nothing showing, but you see bubbles coming up or when you enter the tile, there's a siege, but you cannot see it on the map, itself? Or what about the gbg progress count? That is always accurates? I do agree about GE. I have not ever seen these issues there, nor have I stated anywhere that there is a problem with it. It does have some crappy "prizes" but that seems to be what the devs want. There are some decent ones, too."

Algona

Please, enlighten me. What was rude here:

I reject this question as it assumes facts not in evidence., To wit, that I have stated you were being rude to me.

Please don't put words in my mouth. If you don;t understand something I say ask what I mean instead of assigning your own meaning.

DeletedUser34239

I reject this question as it assumes facts not in evidence., To wit, that I have stated you were being rude to me.

Please don't put words in my mouth. If you don;t understand something I say ask what I mean instead of assigning your own meaning.
OK. You said to please be civil. I had been so it sounded like you took offense to something I said to you, so I asked.

Agent327

1. I am not going to explain all about how to do well in gbg here. It would be a complete waste of my time, anyway. You don't even play the game.

What took you so long to come up with that?

2. pot, kettle. I am not half as rude as you are. YOU SUGGESTED POSTING TO FEEDBACK. As soon as I found it after that, I posted there. Btw, you NEVER did answer my question on where to find that. Someone else did, after a bit.

You are right. Saying you should post feedback in the feedback thread is very rude. I don't answer questions that already have been answered. For that you need Winner.

3. Check out the top 10 players on any world. Good odds they all do gvg. Maybe even the top 20. Fyi, some are still doing it on puffin, rather than PC.

Good odds. So you don't know. You are just guessing.

4. rude again, shocking...not

Nothing rude about concluding you are arguing a subject you know nothing about.

5. You don't play, so of course you have no lag.

Well, you just found the solution to your problem.

6. The proof has been submitted to inno in the form of tickets to support numerous times. I cannot get my images to load here, they are too big, but you don't really want to see them, anyway.

So you reported it numerous times. Yeah, that's real proof it isn't all you.

DeletedUser34239

What took you so long to come up with that?

You are right. Saying you should post feedback in the feedback thread is very rude. I don't answer questions that already have been answered. For that you need Winner.

Good odds. So you don't know. You are just guessing.

Nothing rude about concluding you are arguing a subject you know nothing about.

Well, you just found the solution to your problem.

So you reported it numerous times. Yeah, that's real proof it isn't all you.
1. I don't troll this thread since I DO have a life.

2. You really don't have anything better to do with your time, do you?

3. If you knew anything about it, you would know. Each world is different, but the majority of the top players are the ones I see in my logs and they talk about how they spend (and just take one look at any city, you can tell who spends). So, no, I'm not guessing, but it makes you very happy to be an ass (obviously).

4. I really hope the devs see that you are encouraging folks to quit the game.

5. I didn't say I reported it numerous time, I said it has been reported numerous times (FYI, by a LOT of players). LEARN TO READ!

DeletedUser

Rather than take the time to delete/edit the off topic personal attacks here, which are numerous and by several players, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.