• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Features that have been asked for and gotten a lot of support.

• Thread starter DeletedUser34239
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34239

Did that a while ago. last year or before. I was able to come with about a dozen significant items. I don't have it memorized nor written down, but it's out there.

Oddly enough one could argue that there never has been any, that it was coincidence that INNO implemented stuff after they were recommended by players.

Some that pop into mind. Alternate Quests in Events. A few changes in DC Quests. The Timer not resetting to 1 hour when the FP bar gets filled from an exterior source. The FP Donate boxes in Tech and GBs. Change in GvG calc time, change back,. Multiple GvG calc times.
You're stating several that never actually happened. I know they played with it on beta and I think you're right, they do seem to listen to the beta folks some. The rest of us, they pretty much couldn't care less what we think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34239

Actually, I'm the one who wrote the quote above. In my response, the quote tag got misplaced which falsely made it appear as if this statement was a quote from her. I've edited the original response to remove the error. Apologies to all involved and for any confusion.
Yeah, this system is weird. I replied to a post twice and it made the second time look like I was replying to myself and not the other person. I wonder if Inno will bother to fix this stuff. I'm not holding my breath.

Emberguard

For example, the messaging system that does not show both posts when 2 people post on a thread at the same time. This just happened a few minutes ago. The second person saw their own post twice, instead of the first person's post above theirs.
I’ve seen that occur on every messaging system I’ve used outside of FoE. That’s not so much a bug as it is the nature of messaging systems. The system displays in the order it receives the messages. If two users post simultaneously then you’ve got two users ninja’ing each other / cross-posting and you have to refresh the page for the true order of posts.

For FoE that just means exiting the message thread and re-entering the message thread. You only happen to notice it more on FoE because you’re reliant on it being accurate on order of posts

DeletedUser34239

Sector progress does not freeze. The counter does.
The counter is what he meant by the progress (as I'm sure you know that person meant). It's how you know if you're finishing a tile when you should not be.

DeletedUser34239

I’ve seen that occur on every messaging system I’ve used outside of FoE. That’s not so much a bug as it is the nature of messaging systems. The system displays in the order it receives the messages. If two users post simultaneously then you’ve got two users ninja’ing each other / cross-posting and you have to refresh the page for the true order of posts.

For FoE that just means exiting the message thread and re-entering the message thread
Yes, that's the coping mechanism we all have to use (which did not used to be necessary - it started with an update a while back). I disagree that it's unavoidable or that the two messages are not showing up. The first person sees it fine, the second sees their own post twice. So, the system is recognizing it, but not processing it properly.

DeletedUser34239

NOTE: This post is mostly off topic ranting about lag. Enjoy.

Lag.. lag... lag... there are so many things it depends on, but so little that people understand about it. Most of the time, the primary cause for lag is the user's device and/or connection, not the provider's.

Why do you think that when the game lags, a recommendation comes up asking if you want to turn off animations? The answer is that your computer is struggling to keep up with the calls for new images, probably due to not having much RAM or your CPU is not as fast. For accessing sections of the game, it is most likely due to your bandwidth and users on your network. Your internet connection could also be unstable, with packets being dropped frequently creating a need for them to be resent.

Inno's servers, programming, and connection are most likely the best that they can be. It would be foolish for them not to be; they'd lose revenue and would earn much more if they upgraded. For example, according to Innogames' website, "[In 2018,] InnoGames [became] the first game developer to successfully complete the automated conversion of a complex browser game from Flash to HTML5 with Forge of Empires." They literally overhauled the entire game to support new software. If that doesn't show you Inno trying to stay on top of things, I don't know what will.

I would agree the cause of the lag was my system except that the exact same things are happening to my friends on their completely different browsers, etc, and for gvg at exactly the same times. Most of the problem cannot possibly be user issues.

Graviton

1. This is a fair point and not one I had heard before here (the abuse). The requests are simple, anyone that has not hit the button yet, can always hit he requests before hitting the button that will aid the rest. And it's not selfish, it's about TIME. The devs seem to think all we have is time to play this game.
The devs want you to spend time playing the game. Aid All will likely never happen no matter how many times players ask for it. Even if it were, insulting the devs ain't the way to win them over.

2. There is a TON of benefit to this. We have TONS of AF and higher goods (except SAAB, for now) and NO TE or FE goods. We do gvg, so this option would help IMMENSELY.

Very few players do GvG. It's dying on the vine. Inno has no plans to do anything with it. Even if they did, age selection for Obs/Arc/Atomium was never promised and will never happen. That would be a great reason to never invite lower-aged players to guilds, if they were no longer needed for their goods donations.

The solution to having no TE or FE goods is to invite TE and FE players to your guild or build TE and FE goods buildings. There is a solution to your problem.

3. Do you do gvg much (or at all)?

See above.

About once a month, there is something new that goes wrong and I have never had a single day in this game in the past year that was bug free. Not one. Most days, it's at least half a dozen.

Conversely, I have practically zero problem with lag, on either the PC or the laptop. Your system and/or ISP is likely the culprit.

DeletedUser34239

The devs want you to spend time playing the game. Aid All will likely never happen no matter how many times players ask for it. Even if it were, insulting the devs ain't the way to win them over.

Very few players do GvG. It's dying on the vine. Inno has no plans to do anything with it. Even if they did, age selection for Obs/Arc/Atomium was never promised and will never happen. That would be a great reason to never invite lower-aged players to guilds, if they were no longer needed for their goods donations.

The solution to having no TE or FE goods is to invite TE and FE players to your guild or build TE and FE goods buildings. There is a solution to your problem.

See above.

Conversely, I have practically zero problem with lag, on either the PC or the laptop. Your system and/or ISP is likely the culprit.
1. If I were insulting them, you could not miss it.
2. Gvg has a LOT of big money spenders. If Inno successfully kills it off, they WILL take a good sized hit in their revenues, but it will be too late by the time they realize it.
3. That is not a solution since the GBG goods needed to build siege camps will increase drastically along with those members' arrivals. It's insane the amount of goods in some eras that the camps and traps and such cost. One, just ONE person in an era could mean you have to spend 2500+ goods from that era PER gbg building for the entire season! This is all on top of the cost of active gvg battles in those eras.
4. Nice try. I bought a new comp recently and have very good internet. The lag has been just as bad on the new comp as it was on the old one.

Graviton

1. If I were insulting them, you could not miss it.

Snide asides are still insults.

2. gvg has a LOT of big money spenders. If Inno successfully kills it off, they WILL take a good sized hit in their revenues, but it will be too late by the time they realize it.

You must be new to the forums. If Inno were going to take a significant hit from killing GvG that only a small percentage of players engage in, they wouldn't be staunchly against doing anything with it. They would've revamped it instead of creating GBG. This point has already been made in this thread, why do you act like you didn't see it?

3. That is not a solution since the GBG goods needed to build siege camps will increase drastically along with those members' arrivals.

So? They'll be contributing those goods you're missing. You just conceded my point: the ability to age-select those GBs would give lots of guilds an excuse not to invite lower-aged players. You might consider that good for your game, but it's not good for the game.

4. Nice try. I bought a new comp recently and have very good internet. The lag has been just as bad on the new comp as it was on the old one.

Troubleshooting 101: if the problem is systemic, everybody experiences it. If everybody doesn't experience it, the problem is local.

Emberguard

Yes, that's the coping mechanism we all have to use (which did not used to be necessary - it started with an update a while back). I disagree that it's unavoidable or that the two messages are not showing up. The first person sees it fine, the second sees their own post twice. So, the system is recognizing it, but not processing it properly.
It always been necessary during the last 2.5 years I’ve been playing to prevent cross-posting. Just how far back are we referring to as “a while”?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34239

It always been necessary during the last 2.5 years I’ve been playing to prevent cross-posting. Just how far back are we referring to as “a while”?
I don't recall exactly how long. It's been over a year since it started. It could have been longer. I remember it never used to happen, then, after an update, it became an issue.

DeletedUser34239

Snide asides are still insults.

You must be new to the forums. If Inno were going to take a significant hit from killing GvG that only a small percentage of players engage in, they wouldn't be staunchly against doing anything with it. They would've revamped it instead of creating GBG. This point has already been made in this thread, why do you act like you didn't see it?

So? They'll be contributing those goods you're missing. You just conceded my point: the ability to age-select those GBs would give lots of guilds an excuse not to invite lower-aged players. You might consider that good for your game, but it's not good for the game.

Troubleshooting 101: if the problem is systemic, everybody experiences it. If everybody doesn't experience it, the problem is local.
1. You seem very interested in being angry at me (or at the least taking what I say in the worst possible way). What I am feeling is huge amounts of frustration with the issues in this game, in case that was not clear.

2. No, I don't use the forums much. Never have. That's why it says "NEW" next to my avatar.

3. You're either avoiding my points on purpose or you just don't get it. I have NEVER supported your points (as a matter of fact, YOU'RE NOT supporting your points). I don't know ANY reasonable guild that does not want new players, however, with the drastic demand for goods for gbg, there is significant pressure to limit the eras in a guild so that one player in an era does not cause the guild to need thousands of those era goods. By not allowing any flexibility in the goods that can be collected from various buildings (and that will be worse now that we will be need to upgrade the SOH, which will age it up in the process and mess up the players that were trying to keep it in eras of need for the guild), the game is discouraging diversity in eras in guilds, not encouraging it. As a matter of fact, gvg will be the ONLY reason to try to get folks in lower eras into a guild.

4. It IS systemic. That is my point. You are the ONLY player I have ever heard say they have no lag. Here is a quote from a person I know on W:
"yea....doesnt what what device or what location Im at I seem to have lag on Gbs and GVG at least 4 days a week. They full of it. And I have 2 tabelts, 3 lap tops a High speed gaming computer and 2 other PCs and it happens on all of them. " This is the NORM, I am not the exception. YOU are the exception. I do not know anyone that I play this game with that does not experience these issues and I know a LOT of players on W.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

1. You seem very interested in being angry at me (or at the least taking what I say in the worst possible way). What I am feeling is huge amounts of frustration with the issues in this game, in case that was not clear.

Angry? I'm not angry. I'm simply contesting your points. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but you shouldn't expect everybody to agree with everything you say.

2. No, I don't use the forums much. Never have. That's why it says "NEW" next to my avatar.

Then you should believe us when we tell you that Inno has stated unequivocally that they aren't going to do anything to improve or expand GvG, primarily because it's not available to mobile users and mobile users are the large majority of players. Thus, GBG.

3. You're either avoiding my points on purpose or you just don't get it. I have NEVER supported your points (as a matter of fact, YOU'RE NOT supporting your points).

Okay, I think you're saying that you would invite players from other ages if you could adjust those GBs to help pay their way. Why can't you just recruit more of them? Why can't you build goods buildings from those ages?

I don't know ANY reasonable guild that does not want new players, however, with the drastic demand for goods for gbg, there is significant pressure to limit the eras in a guild so that one player in an era does not cause the guild to need thousands of those era goods.

Isn't that just a tactical advantage that one guild might have over another? Why should Inno remove that strategic edge from guilds that have more players from that era than yours? Honestly, it sounds like a guild management problem, not a game design problem.

4. It IS systemic. That is my point. You are the ONLY player I have ever heard say they have no lag.

If it were systemic there would be no exceptions. I'll give you that GvG can lag at recalc, for everybody. That's one of the downsides of GvG and probably one of the reasons Inno decided to essentially stop supporting it. They toyed with multiple recalc times and it apparently didn't work very well. Lag in other parts of the game is not a wide-spread problem, and so cannot be systemic.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34239

Angry? I'm not angry. I'm simply contesting your points. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but you shouldn't expect everybody to agree with everything you say.

Then you should believe us when we tell you that Inno has stated unequivocally that they aren't going to do anything to improve or expand GvG, primarily because it's not available to mobile users and mobile users are the large majority of players. Thus, GBG.

Okay, I think you're saying that you would invite players from other ages if you could adjust those GBs to help pay their way. Why can't you just recruit more of them? Why can't you build goods buildings from those ages?

Isn't that just a tactical advantage that one guild might have over another? Why should Inno remove that strategic edge from guilds that have more players from that era than yours? Honestly, it sounds like a guild management problem, not a game design problem.

If it were systemic there would be no exceptions. I'll give you that GvG can lag at recalc, for everybody. That's one of the downsides of GvG and probably one of the reasons Inno decided to essentially stop supporting it. They toyed with multiple recalc times and it apparently didn't work very well. Lag in other parts of the game is not a wide-spread problem, and so cannot be systemic.
1. Contesting is not the same as "trying to put me in my place" which is what you seem to be doing. I am getting the message that you (and some others here) do NOT want to hear from anyone that does not agree with you, not the other way around.
2. I KNOW and have said the devs will not improve or expand it. I keep saying, that is not the same as them saying they would make no attempt to fix any bugs. They specifically did NOT say that when they posted their info about gvg and gbg when gbg was soon to be launched. Repairs do not equal improvements, ask the IRS.
3. OK, that's sort of what I am saying. I am saying it will make it easier for the high era folks to help the guild support the lower era folks. Even with most of the 80 members in my guild having level 80 arcs, that does not come close to supporting gbg and gvg needs on any era lower than AF. Period. To recruit more lower era folks (who are unlikely to come to us with level 80+ arcs, so it will not support the needs they will create), who do we kick? What level 80 arc loyal member do we boot to make room? And, as I said, a level 80 arc and a level 80 obs for one player will not pay the expense Inno imposes in either gvg or gbg if they are the only player in that era. Even a 3 person guild has tremendous cost for buildings in gbg. How does that make any sense?
4. Isn't the goal of the game to beat the other guilds you are up against? or is it to just do what we can easily and hope for the best?
5. I am still not convinced there are exceptions. There is NO way it's everyone on W, but not an Inno problem. Maybe it's the W server, then.

The Lady Redneck

Actually, I'm the one who wrote the quote above. In my response, the quote tag got misplaced which falsely made it appear as if this statement was a quote from her. I've edited the original response to remove the error. Apologies to all involved and for any confusion.
AH OK Thanks for letting me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.