• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

honey55

Okay. It's something that you don't want to do, as opposed to something that you can't do. Under this circumstance it would appear that it will take you a lot longer to collect the frags of the FT and Serpent Statue than many other players. But, that's your choice.
I actually thought the game said you could choose to be a fighter or a trader. But perhaps I'm wrong..

Angry.Blanket

@Friggin Unexpected Jeff I fail to see how red boosts are 'objectively more valuable' than blue boosts when GbG and GE are both perpetual features. Also, as I said, blue boosts are necessary for the PvP Arena just as red ones are. The mention of GvG is actually a bit telling for me, because boost there is virtually useless outside of using lower age troops against higher ones in the AA province. Enemy bonuses there are capped extremely low by modern standards. You know there isn't much difference between 400% and 1500% boost when the enemy's boost is only 75% at max, right? It sounds like you just don't really understand how boosts factor in to battle calculations based on what you just said here, but you're basically just sticking your fingers in your ears as I try to explain things to you so I'm probably done responding to you at this point. I'd just be repeating myself once again if I did, since you're basically ignoring everything I say!

@honey55 You get rewarded in GE5 as well. I'm not sure why everyone is so against fragments. I look at the GE5 rewards and what I see is, not fragments, but guaranteed buildings in as little as 4 weeks. What's better to you, a guaranteed building in 4 weeks or something like a 5-10% chance of winning a building each week? Because that's close to how it used to be prior to the GE changes, for everything except for Fountains of Youth (which were definitely nerfed in acquisition rate). Fragments offer a guaranteed path to acquisition, instead of randomly winning stuff like before.
You are wrong ,I dont think you can have enough red boost in GvG. When racing against another guild it is a time issue, changing wounded troops takes time .
You dont play GvG ?

Orius Maximus

So what I'm seeing about GE5 is that if you have insane defense boosts (that have no other relevant use) or if you have troops from several ages above your current age or if you have a city set up to produce tens of thousands of goods per week, then GE5 is no problem. Good to know. And then you have portraits for some of the "rewards". Knowing these facts makes further discussion of this feature irrelevant. Either Inno changes it or I ignore it forever. Their choice.

I've not found higher age to be that helpful actually. Using Hover Tanks instead of CA units only increases my damage potential from a 1-2 or 1-3 to a 2-4 or 2-5 at most, and there's no bonus from the AO to help out. They may have better defense capabilities, but this is a best defense is a good offense situation IMO. Maybe the OF Eels would be a better choice .And there's the risk of losing them too which is unpleasant with the reduced diamond rewards.

Otto Farfoot

I've not found higher age to be that helpful actually. Using Hover Tanks instead of CA units only increases my damage potential from a 1-2 or 1-3 to a 2-4 or 2-5 at most, and there's no bonus from the AO to help out. They may have better defense capabilities, but this is a best defense is a good offense situation IMO. Maybe the OF Eels would be a better choice .And there's the risk of losing them too which is unpleasant with the reduced diamond rewards.
I've completed GE5 by fighting ALL. SAM using sentinels only; 442/661 city att/def; VP 45. If you don't have VP + KK working together to wipe out 1st wave, I don't see how you can win. I did lose battles and surrendered whenever VP didn't pop. AO crits are very helpful as there is an amount of luck that I needed, specifically getting crits.

MKPapa

For what it's worth, GbG is the only feature that accommodates red military boosts at this level, and have 'no relevant use' outside of that. All other areas to battle in (and even most of GbG itself) are perfectly doable with only a few hundred. But I'm guessing we're still going to be valuing red bonuses as arbitrarily more valuable anyway, right? Even though most areas where battles take place cap out around 200-300% boost for the enemies, even in later ages?
LOL, GBG gives insane fp, goods, and diamond rewards compared to anything else FoE. Red boosts make perfect sense to build up if your guild participates in GBG.
GE5 rewards just suck given the effort for most (2 good military buildings, but one is temporarty, and other will take 3 month to level up at 100% participation), PVP rewards are even worse.

1stGearhead

I will not participate in GE5. My reasons are many, as others have posted. Since GE5, FoE ratings have dropped to 1 of 5 stars. That says a lot. I'm avoiding buying diamonds because I anticipate getting a 2 weeks notice saying they're shutting the game down some time in the future.

Xenosaur

Since GE5, FoE ratings have dropped to 1 of 5 stars. That says a lot.

To check on your comment, I reviewed it exactly as you stated, in the Apple Apps store. You are correct, on first blush review of the comment stream. If you sort the list of reviews based on most recent, it seems a LOT of people bequeathed a 1 star review based on GE 5, yes - and also other factors they see changing in the game.

That being said,FoE still has a 4.6 out of 5 rating, with about 151K ratings. Some are ancient (2 years old, or more) but they're counted.

Inno has responded to almost all of these reviews with a seemingly robotic scripting retort (maybe even an AI bot doing so...).

Clearly reminding everyone and the posters railing on the new depth of the PAY 2 PLAY aspects of the game, that they're standing on their FREE 2 PLAY design thesis that was built on day 1.

This has verisimilitude, but the reality is - you won't make enough diamonds (especially NOW with changes recently made to the game...) to get reasonable game traction, so will have to eventually fork over some real money.

We can argue this point, but I'd rather propose it as anodyne.

If you want to be a weekend warrior and play FoE as such, or in a bored moment when a quick game of Candy Crush or Wordle fills a few minutes of idle fancy, yes - you don't have to ever spend anything.

Angry.Blanket

You have Hover tanks in CA , and your hover tanks are having a hard time beating CA troops in GE5 ?

MJ Artisan of War

27 out of 77 members in my main world guild completed GE 5 this past week in a non-competitive season.....
But there are much better uses for my troops and my goods....

DoubleJ

@Friggin Unexpected Jeff I fail to see how red boosts are 'objectively more valuable' than blue boosts when GbG and GE are both perpetual features. Also, as I said, blue boosts are necessary for the PvP Arena just as red ones are. The mention of GvG is actually a bit telling for me, because boost there is virtually useless outside of using lower age troops against higher ones in the AA province. Enemy bonuses there are capped extremely low by modern standards. You know there isn't much difference between 400% and 1500% boost when the enemy's boost is only 75% at max, right? It sounds like you just don't really understand how boosts factor in to battle calculations based on what you just said here, but you're basically just sticking your fingers in your ears as I try to explain things to you so I'm probably done responding to you at this point. I'd just be repeating myself once again if I did, since you're basically ignoring everything I say!
Blue boosts are worthless in PVP arena. Full stop. Again, players who know what they're doing will target the AI opponents that are worth 100-300 more points than a player, rather than a player. There is literally no reason to attack a player with 1000% boost or 0% boost. AI players are the targets, defensive boosts are meaningless.

GVG is entirely dependent on how many fights you can do per minute in those first five minutes after reset. The difference between 1500% and 400% is massive because that's several more one shots with no chance of retaliation, which means no troop replacement, which means more attacks per minute. It's not that I don't understand how boost calculations work, it's that you don't seem to understand how GVG or PVP Arena work, and you're basing your argument on ignorance of their basic mechanics.

EDIT: Which player should I hit? The one with the smallest boosts and highest score (AI) or one of the other players? Please explain how boosts work I don't understand
1682363558561.png1682363608643.png1682363672331.png

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Blue boosts are worthless in PVP arena. Full stop. Again, players who know what they're doing will target the AI opponents that are worth 100-300 more points than a player, rather than a player. There is literally no reason to attack a player with 1000% boost or 0% boost. AI players are the targets, defensive boosts are meaningless.

GVG is entirely dependent on how many fights you can do per minute in those first five minutes after reset. The difference between 1500% and 400% is massive because that's several more one shots with no chance of retaliation, which means no troop replacement, which means more attacks per minute. It's not that I don't understand how boost calculations work, it's that you don't seem to understand how GVG or PVP Arena work, and you're basing your argument on ignorance of their basic mechanics.

EDIT: Which player should I hit? The one with the smallest boosts and highest score (AI) or one of the other players? Please explain how boosts work I don't understand
View attachment 20261View attachment 20262View attachment 20263
I think that you just validated the point that @qaccy made. To answer your question, you should hit the AI players regardless of their boost. But, you are in SAJM. Lower age players will generally face actual players in all three classes of difficulty. Depending on their attack boosts they might very well choose an opponent with the lowest boost. Hence, the usefulness of blue boosts.

Angry.Blanket

I think that you just validated the point that @qaccy made. To answer your question, you should hit the AI players regardless of their boost. But, you are in SAJM. Lower age players will generally face actual players in all three classes of difficulty. Depending on their attack boosts they might very well choose an opponent with the lowest boost. Hence, the usefulness of blue boosts.
Blue boost wont help you win those fights. If you want to do well in PvP you have to dump all your blue boost and add red,

Angry.Blanket

All of your top ones are computer generated and not real. "Ebony" is the most difficulty but just remember to have ALL Harpoons and NO rogues and if your boost is high enough you will beat all the comp generated players.

I was up to 1452/2437 defense and I still had people walking through my defense. If Inno adds Blue as needed then maybe it would be nice if they fixed their shoddy defense AI first ?
Not only that , but losing 5 per day doesn't affect you much. so why bother with any blue boost at all.

Johnny B. Goode

Week 1, 43 of 63 guildmates attempted GE L5, 26 completed. Week 2, 39 of 64 with 22 completing.

Week 3, 38 of 66 attempted. 29 completed. Interest is not waning.
It's not?
Week 1: 68% of 63 players attempted GE5.
Week 2: 61% of 64 players attempted GE5.
Week 3: 58% of 66 players attempted GE5.
To put it another way, number of players attempting is down by almost 12% from week 1 to week 3, while number of players in guild is up almost 5%. Either way you put it, it does not support your version of things.

Pericles the Lion

It's not?
Week 1: 68% of 63 players attempted GE5.
Week 2: 61% of 64 players attempted GE5.
Week 3: 58% of 66 players attempted GE5.
To put it another way, number of players attempting is down by almost 12% from week 1 to week 3, while number of players in guild is up almost 5%. Either way you put it, it does not support your version of things.
These were the number of participants in my main world guild and it's not the only thing that I consider when saying that interest is not waning. I also think that going from 4 Saint Basil Cathedrals to 23 in three weeks is an indicator. As is the efforts to level up TA and VP. Not to mention the building of Star Gazer.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

These were the number of participants in my main world guild and it's not the only thing that I consider when saying that interest is not waning. I also think that going from 4 Saint Basil Cathedrals to 23 in three weeks is an indicator. As is the efforts to level up TA and VP. Not to mention the building of Star Gazer.
May not be the only thing you considered, but it was the only evidence you presented in the post I was replying to. And only 23 Saint Basils? So 15 of the 38 who attempted in week 3 aren't even invested enough to bother with it? Still not making much of a case.

Pericles the Lion

That is why it is dropping , most now realize the effort it will take to win pieces of a prize that either expires or takes weeks to even appear. That decline in participation demonstrates JBG's point not yours after a lot of people planted the GBs then saw the negligible effect unless hyper leveled. .
No. Imo, players realize that fighting more, and negotiating less, will require a commitment to increase blue boosts. It will take time collecting the buildings that will enable this. However, building, and levelling up, the GBs that provide blue boosts are things that players can do now.

Pericles the Lion

May not be the only thing you considered, but it was the only evidence you presented in the post I was replying to. And only 23 Saint Basils? So 15 of the 38 who attempted in week 3 aren't even invested enough to bother with it? Still not making much of a case.
I really don't care about "making a case" to you. I'm sharing what I am observing in a feedback thread. Take it or leave it.