• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

DoubleJ

All of your top ones are computer generated and not real. "Ebony" is the most difficulty but just remember to have ALL Harpoons and NO rogues and if your boost is high enough you will beat all the computer generated players. Savanna Sweets is one of the weakest. You should blank out the bottom two before posting , they are real people
Oh I know. I was sarcastically making fun of him for his assertion that blue boosts matter since players will never hit players when there are AI opponents who are worth more points and easier

LoveNkind

I a
Are you jupiter age? What were your boosts
I am modern age in my GE5 city. I hear a lot more complaints about GE5 in the highest ages, so I expect Inno will do something about that.
Do you Jupiter people have strong defense stats? My PvP defense without boosts are 321%/757%. I add about 300% defense boosts to that.
My guild is suddenly building a lot of SBCs, and I am contributing lots extra to those to help us gain competitiveness in GE. We had 15/31 players in the blue this week. I finished it for 3rd week in a row and I am eagerly looking forward to next week, to see what that Temple thing does for me. I do the last few in negotiations, however and have gone from 1000+ goods to low endangered goods. I am gonna up-age this Thursday to give me more space and figure out goods buildings.

LoveNkind

I thought i might use a bunch of boosts to see what it took. However everytime i accept a boost it closes inventory. How anyone uses a bunch is beyond me. There must be an easier way. Adding from my boost on my profits page is just as bad. What am i missing. I know 424 won't win the first battle but i hear of players using 3000. So there must be an easier way
Using enuf defense boosts to do well in GE5 is BORING because you use a boost, then re-open inventory, and use another one, repetititve over and over. But I like winning the encounter. I do several GE5 at once so the boosts remain in effect.
It WOULD help GE5 if Inno would add a button that would let you choose how many defense x% boosts to open at once.

LoveNkind

I thought i might use a bunch of boosts to see what it took. However everytime i accept a boost it closes inventory. How anyone uses a bunch is beyond me. There must be an easier way. Adding from my boost on my profits page is just as bad. What am i missing. I know 424 won't win the first battle but i hear of players using 3000. So there must be an easier way
Using enuf defense boosts to do well in GE5 is BORING because you use a boost, then re-open inventory, and use another one, repetititve over and over. But I like winning the encounter. I do several GE5 at once so the boosts remain in effect.
It WOULD help GE5 if Inno would add a button that would let you choose how many defense x% boosts to open at once.

LoveNkind

I have been surprised at the intense interest in GE level 5 after all the whining before it came out (I did my share.)
I LOVED GE5 once I actually tried it. Half my guild plays it. New SBCs are going up all over the place. Other top guillds in Langendorn are also very active in GE5.
Over time, it looks like GE5 will grow on us as Inno provides more blue attack, and as we figure out how to play this--and as those guilds who play it start clobbering guilds that don't in the weekly GE contest.
There are 27 pages of player comments--the biggest set I have noticed.
So the change I thought would kill the game just may end up rescuing it.

Wildelk68

Well the decision to play or not play GE5 because of the costs and the miserable returns is one issue but INNO has changed not only the frequency of rewards but also the amount of each reward across the board! So whether you play GE5 or not EVERY player is suffering from INNOs greedy changes! Personally, I find some of the rewards insulting! As a result my playing time has been reduced and diamond purchases cut to near zero! Thanks for nothing INNO!

Pericles the Lion

Fwiw. I examined my Friend's List. 139 players. I found 43 low level (<L25) Saint Basil Cathedrals, 16 low level Virgo Projects, 34 low level Krakens, 34 low level Deal Castles, and 11 low level Star Gazers. Nearly all of them had FPs put on them recently suggesting that they were in the process of being levelled Except for Kraken, these other GBs have not been very popular. Well, maybe not until recently.

DoubleJ

Fwiw. I examined my Friend's List. 139 players. I found 43 low level (<L25) Saint Basil Cathedrals, 16 low level Virgo Projects, 34 low level Krakens, 34 low level Deal Castles, and 11 low level Star Gazers. Nearly all of them had FPs put on them recently suggesting that they were in the process of being levelled Except for Kraken, these other GBs have not been very popular. Well, maybe not until recently.
Respectfully, that's not worth very much. I have people put random FPs on my buildings all the time. I have a 102 BG because people randomly put 3.0 or higher on it for no reason. And your specific example depends entirely on your friends list and how you add people to it. I know some people whose friend list is basically noobs that they snipe. Other people only friend people they like and talk to. Too many variables to draw a meaningful conclusion from your example.
I a

I am modern age in my GE5 city. I hear a lot more complaints about GE5 in the highest ages, so I expect Inno will do something about that.
Do you Jupiter people have strong defense stats? My PvP defense without boosts are 321%/757%. I add about 300% defense boosts to that.
My guild is suddenly building a lot of SBCs, and I am contributing lots extra to those to help us gain competitiveness in GE. We had 15/31 players in the blue this week. I finished it for 3rd week in a row and I am eagerly looking forward to next week, to see what that Temple thing does for me. I do the last few in negotiations, however and have gone from 1000+ goods to low endangered goods. I am gonna up-age this Thursday to give me more space and figure out goods buildings.
Competitive Space Age players basically forsake city defense completely. For years Inno's changes have made it increasingly useless. The reason a lot of us are mad is that it's basically a complete 180 on their game design, and it came at the cost of gems and FoY for new players. As a general design principle, it's not good to implement something that is internally inconsistent. It's not good to have red boosts matter for 80% of a task, and then suddenly the last 20% requires diametrically opposite boosts. It would be like having two wave battles in which the first wave was red boosts and the second wave was blue. Or negotiations where the last round required you to play the Aztec minigame.

nolabear66

I would really like to know what fool came up with the rewards for this new GE format. They now give us fragments of buildings we do not want already and have reduced the rewards we are used to getting to basically nothing and then made level 5 so hard you have to drain all of your resources to beat it? If this is the direction this game is going to take I made need to find a new city building game. I was looking forward to it coming out until I tried and realised they screwed up the entire GE format. So sad INNO!!!!!

Johnny B. Goode

Nearly all of them had FPs put on them recently suggesting that they were in the process of being levelled
The other stuff aside, I find it amazing that you could know this. How exactly? You keep track of all the GBs of 139 players? That must take a lot of time. Or could it be that you're assuming some things here? I'm pretty sure that's it. I took a quick look at the GBs of several people on my friends list in my AF city and you know what? A lot of various low level GBs mixed in with several level 80+ GBs. Several Lighthouses, St Mark's, Babels, even a few Royal Albert Halls, just to name a few. Only about the first 5 or so had the ones you mentioned, though.

Pericles the Lion

The other stuff aside, I find it amazing that you could know this. How exactly? You keep track of all the GBs of 139 players? That must take a lot of time. Or could it be that you're assuming some things here? I'm pretty sure that's it. I took a quick look at the GBs of several people on my friends list in my AF city and you know what? A lot of various low level GBs mixed in with several level 80+ GBs. Several Lighthouses, St Mark's, Babels, even a few Royal Albert Halls, just to name a few. Only about the first 5 or so had the ones you mentioned, though.
With your 8 years of experience, I should think that you know the telltale signs of a recent contribution and a stale one. If not, I'll leave it up to someone else to explain them to you. I do find it interesting that you took a quick look at "several" players on your friends list and only "about the first 5 or so" had the buildings that I mentioned. Vagueness aside, don't you think that 5 out of several is a bit unusual considering the GBs that we're talking about? If I had asked you a few months ago to take a guess as to the percentage of players that had an SBC would you have replied 31%? I think not. But that's the percentage on my FL, and soon will be the percentage in my main guild. You can choose to dismiss these observations, but I think they are leading indicators that players, lots of players, are building up their blue boosts for GE5.

Kranyar the Mysterious

140 friends - 7 St. Basil, 7 TA, 2 Star Gazer, 1 Virgo being actively worked or recently worked (no players donating to a building's last finished level that I know are inactive, and 3rd or higher of the buildings with the latest level either locked or no fp placed on it).

Breaking those numbers down further:
500M+ points - 1 SG
100M+ points - 3 SB, 2 TA
50M+ points - 1 SB, 1 TA, 1 VP
50M- points - 3 SB, 4 TA, 1 SG

Make of that what you will, since some may be being built for GE5, but more likely is just coincidence due to the low numbers. I don't see any of those buildings being what I'd consider "popular".

Darkest.Knight

Figure it'll take about a yr to cummulate enough new event buildings to fights my way thru GE5, I'll stick w/negotiation until then.

Always thought the AI algorithm was a bit short on "I," easy to recognize when I can't use auto battle doing battleground fights. Quite often the AI plays as though it wants to lose, lol.

Johnny B. Goode

With your 8 years of experience, I should think that you know the telltale signs of a recent contribution and a stale one.
You said "nearly all" had recent contributions. There is no way in this game to tell that without having monitored those GBs. Anything else is just an assumption.
I do find it interesting that you took a quick look at "several" players on your friends list and only "about the first 5 or so" had the buildings that I mentioned. Vagueness aside, don't you think that 5 out of several is a bit unusual considering the GBs that we're talking about?
I stopped looking because after the first five, the next couple of dozen had almost none of the GBs you mentioned. Also, of the first five, only one had any of them at a low level. All the others were at least level 80. Sure, they could have all placed them and immediately hyper leveled them just recently, but I doubt it. And none had the Deal Castle. And they didn't all have all the ones you mentioned, either. Deal Castle aside, only one had all the others.
If I had asked you a few months ago to take a guess as to the percentage of players that had an SBC would you have replied 31%? I think not.
I wouldn't have taken a guess, but with the defense levels I've seen in PVP Arena, I wouldn't be surprised if many players who participate there already had that GB.

Pericles the Lion

You said "nearly all" had recent contributions. There is no way in this game to tell that without having monitored those GBs. Anything else is just an assumption.
I don't know what you mean by "monitored". I contribute FPs to the GBs of every player on my FL. In case you are not aware, when a contribution is made to a GB, that GB moves to the top of the player's GB listing. So, if I look at a friend's GB list (as I did today) and see one of my contributions lower in the list than a SBC, Deal, or one of the others that I mentioned, I know that my contribution preceded it. While I cannot tell the exact date of the contribution, I do know that it is more recent than mine - and I know when mine was. Almost all of mine are within the last 4 weeks.