• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

qaccy

Like these two for example ? They are disposable junk that you can't sell and certainly not what should be a reward from a month long effort to get it. :

View attachment 20362
Well, they're certainly not worth the effort if they just sit in your inventory. Why aren't you building them? I think it's kinda hard to argue that something with that much value isn't worth the space if you have it ready to place. Plus, if you're completing GE5 indefinitely, even if it's 'just for the guild', it still means you're just going to keep accumulating them for no reason. Not using them at all is the real waste.

As for me, still trying to work down my potion usage week to week to reach something that doesn't require them anymore. I auto battled my way up to the last 3 without any temporary bonuses, aside from a Jaguar Temple on encounter #77. Here's the final encounter with 2x Great Warrior Temples and +700% defense from potions (Kraken and Virgo were also used):
1685190538578.png
I think the toughest benchmark to reach will be not needing Virgo, but I don't think I'll shoot for that. I've got Virgo, so it's nice to have something where it actually makes a difference. Even something like a Phantom Tower doesn't have the same impact as wiping out four units immediately!

Darkest.Knight

It's one of those TFB's if u don't like a change, most players don't mind; GE5 is a nice addition, for myself, the Forgotten Temple is worth over 300 FP's daily and I get to do a couple of extra GBG fights.

Jackshat

It's about winning fights per minute. Whatever bonus you need to not replace troops is what matters. But not replacing troops is the metric. In seasons where there's one other strong guild it's about farming. Occasionally we get seasons with 4 strong guilds, or no strong guilds. In all cases, how many attacks you can do before replacing troops is what matters.

I can beat every single encounter in every environment of the game with zero blue bonuses. The one aspect of the game that requires blue bonus is GE5 combat. It is completely pointless in every other inch of game code. Once you get to the top of PVP arena you always fight one NPC worth more points than the other two human players. You could fight Ebony if you had a city optimized for success in combat.

The argument we had that you continually ignore is that Inno sacrificed GE to figure out a way to drain players of goods. There is too much goods bloat and they're sucking them out. GBG did the same thing with guild goods because treasuries were overflowing after Arc hyperleveling. But GBG was a new feature that had worthwhile rewards and didn't displace existing structures for new players. GE5 is poorly implemented (and obviously untested, as it has buildings intended to save goods that cost more goods to build than they save), puts diamonds out of the reach of new or lower power players, and exists solely to drain higher age players of their stockpiles. Because despite what you and Pericles wrongly insist is happening, SAJM players aren't now and aren't in the future ever going to go for blue. They'll just keep dumping goods down the hole until they get the portraits they want, or just avoid GE5 entirely. Because it's not worth it. It'll be 3 months to see a pay off and by that point the new event buildings will be better than the FS. Just like with the TF2. By the time people had upgrade kits, there were better ways to get 12 fp for 30 squares.
This SAJM player has gone "dark" blue. But, I'm a proud heretic happy to buck FoE orthodoxy. It"s just a different style of play that needs no justification--I'm having a blast which is all that really matters.

Jackshat

It's about winning fights per minute. Whatever bonus you need to not replace troops is what matters. But not replacing troops is the metric. In seasons where there's one other strong guild it's about farming. Occasionally we get seasons with 4 strong guilds, or no strong guilds. In all cases, how many attacks you can do before replacing troops is what matters.

I can beat every single encounter in every environment of the game with zero blue bonuses. The one aspect of the game that requires blue bonus is GE5 combat. It is completely pointless in every other inch of game code. Once you get to the top of PVP arena you always fight one NPC worth more points than the other two human players. You could fight Ebony if you had a city optimized for success in combat.

The argument we had that you continually ignore is that Inno sacrificed GE to figure out a way to drain players of goods. There is too much goods bloat and they're sucking them out. GBG did the same thing with guild goods because treasuries were overflowing after Arc hyperleveling. But GBG was a new feature that had worthwhile rewards and didn't displace existing structures for new players. GE5 is poorly implemented (and obviously untested, as it has buildings intended to save goods that cost more goods to build than they save), puts diamonds out of the reach of new or lower power players, and exists solely to drain higher age players of their stockpiles. Because despite what you and Pericles wrongly insist is happening, SAJM players aren't now and aren't in the future ever going to go for blue. They'll just keep dumping goods down the hole until they get the portraits they want, or just avoid GE5 entirely. Because it's not worth it. It'll be 3 months to see a pay off and by that point the new event buildings will be better than the FS. Just like with the TF2. By the time people had upgrade kits, there were better ways to get 12 fp for 30 squares.
This SAJM player has gone "dark" blue. But, I'm a proud heretic happy to buck FoE orthodoxy. It"s just a different style of play that needs no justification--I'm having a blast which is all that really matters.
Except that the best defensive Serpent is 15% on 4 squares and 2 X Ritual Flame lvl2s on the same space are 24% , The Greater Ritual Flame is 7% defense , The normal Ritual Flame is 8%. This "bonus" that you see is where exactly ?
Doesn't greater ritual flame give 7% for A and 7% for D? For a renewed city defense-minded player, I'll take 100, please.

Jackshat

Those are very good yes but very long to get. I would love 100 of them as well but after 8 seasons only have 1 and 25 fragments.
30 more fragments and I get my 2nd one. Oh happy dayay! Look on the bright side, you already have one in GE V's infancy, so in 8 more years you'll have a gazillion! >;)

CDmark

I got it in my head, pretty sure it works on paper, if staggering the FT over 5 weeks, I could end up with 2 FTs all the time. Think I am gonna set that as my goal. I already battle thru E12 and nego 13-16 so there I am fine, I got plenty of goods. Beating GE5 by battling all of them isn't that important to me. It would be a great boost to my Red A/D along with 40% FP boost. A guildmate asked Inno support about having 2 FT's and they responded "if you plant 2 at the same time, you will get twice the bonus for 28 days". So, in 8 weeks I have a plan that works for me and with the incremental Blue A/D, I can age up with the same results, battle thru 12, nego rest.

Pericles the Lion

I got it in my head, pretty sure it works on paper, if staggering the FT over 5 weeks, I could end up with 2 FTs all the time. Think I am gonna set that as my goal. I already battle thru E12 and nego 13-16 so there I am fine, I got plenty of goods. Beating GE5 by battling all of them isn't that important to me. It would be a great boost to my Red A/D along with 40% FP boost. A guildmate asked Inno support about having 2 FT's and they responded "if you plant 2 at the same time, you will get twice the bonus for 28 days". So, in 8 weeks I have a plan that works for me and with the incremental Blue A/D, I can age up with the same results, battle thru 12, nego rest.
It's certainly possible to accumulate FTs at a rate of one per month for as long as you want. However, once built, they decay in 28 days. So, while having more than one active FT is possible in a city, it's only for as long as any unused FTs remain in inventory to renew them. Eventually, only one active FT will remain in the city. The constraining factor is the time it takes to accumulate an FT (which is a minimum of 4 GE seasons).

Dursland

I've been slowly increasing my blue stats with all those new red/blue combo buildings.

I can now beat encounter 65 with ease, and am able to get past encounter 66 with 1 troop left. It's improving - will keep working at it.

Was very happy to see the summer event building boasts high blue attack on top of red stats.

Ebeondi Asi

Whoo Hoo!!! :) In all Three Worlds I play (all SAJM) I did all 80 encounters autobattle zero goods spent. (no temples built)
I did use some defensive bottle boost. and had Virgo and Kraken working.
This was way faster than I expected to be able to do this.
City stats between CA 1230 to 1550 and CD (some with bottle boosts) 1340 to 1620
The lowest attack had the highest added bottle boost defense.
Plus my AO are all around level 120

CDmark

Figured on saving up 3 FTs first then planting 1. That way I replace it every 28 days and will have a fresh one for 30 weeks before needing to save up again.
Yes, I was thinking in a similar fashion but with the extra 50 fragments, getting 5 weeks use in GE. Since we only get one every 4 GE, and they last 28 days, I will have time without one, no sneaky way around it, so no FP or red A/D bonus at times. I have goods so even if I need to adjust how many encounters I battle, I will still finish GE5 every week. Honestly, I just want to finish those portraits so I can count on an exact inventory every week. I was listening to a program and heard the word pathetic, thought of the portraits. In fact, maybe I will write to Oxford Dictionary, give them an additional "how to use" sentence...Portraits are a pathetic reward for GE5.

Ebeondi Asi

I checked achievement and have acquired "4 of 6" so far.
f there are 16 I would guess the achievement medallion would add more as i gain more?

Johnny B. Goode

I checked achievement and have acquired "4 of 6" so far.
f there are 16 I would guess the achievement medallion would add more as i gain more?
Yes, that's how achievements work. The "of x" number is just the next level for that achievement. Once you reach that, it changes to the number for the next level. Until you reach the maximum level, and then it never changes again.

Pericles the Lion

After only nine weeks of upgrades I've been able to increase my Defender boosts from <100 to 600/840 (without sacrificing Attack boosts) and can now battle the first 12 encounters in L5. When L5 opened up I could not complete the first encounter by fighting. Although it will probably take another year to get enough boost to fight all 16 encounters, I think that main buildings from another event, or two, will be enough to enable fighting the first 14. Negotiating the remaining 2 will be no big deal.

1685836925210.png

qaccy

No potions used this week! Still made use of Kraken, Virgo, and two Great Warrior Temples though. But hey, at least I know I don't have to worry about consumable use anymore! :D
1685838228978.png

Xenosaur

Great Ritual Flame in my city is 7% BLUE SWORD (city defenders) only...

Edit: It's tiny on mobile, didn't see the exacting detail of the full image ;)

It's actually both attack and defense (for city defenders)

Last edited: