• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

CDmark

Yes, technically they have the right to do it, but it would seem to be a pretty dumb azz choice on their part, especially dumb in this context, where they gain nothing from choosing to be so petty and/or short sighted
I look at it like this, figuratively
Reduce diamonds by 50% is the first slap, put portraits in GE5 is the return backhand slap, like the 3 stooges where I am Curly and FOE is MOE. Any portraits in the last quarter, Encounters 13,14,15 where you get the large fragments is brutal. The attack and nego costs skyrocket, esp attack, and you have the possibility of getting a portrait, NO BUENO.

Now, let's look at Sharmon's situation, 8 seasons, no full feathered serpent. If he could have had the 25 fragments each time for encounter 15, he would have the building and I don't care if he would or would not place it, it is the point of putting the POSSIBILTY of a lame reward in a place where I think it shouldn't be due to the sacrifice to get there.

Now, I have seen the times where I get, for example, 90% frag FS and 10% frag FS, no portrait. I was wondering about it, what is the game doing. I am guessing now that you get 9 random portraits at the beginning and if you already have one, then the 10% slot is filled with fragments instead of the portrait you already have in inventory. I thought maybe, if they already screwed you 2x on a certain encounter like E15, 25 frags of FS, they would back off. I don't think that is the case. Sharmon has 8 portraits, hey, you are a 2 star Penacho, congrats!!!, that's Impressive (I had to sneak that one in there...lol)

DreadfulCadillac

as I am in law school...
Accompanying Saul Goodman at the University of American Samoa, eh?

By the way, just because you effectively employed the fallacy of Relative Privation doesn't mean you won the argument. Sure, we could have it worse - that's true in every situation, ever. Doesn't mean folks should just roll over and accept it, because they could also always have better! However, that isn't to say that it's not important to be grateful with what you've got, because it most certainty is.

DreadfulCadillac

Oh and with regards to the portraits: As of 4:37 AM Eastern on the 26th of May in the year 2023, I've gotten 6 of the GE5 portraits so far. My favorite is linked below, and I've been using it as my main portrait in-game. 1685090352200.png

Darkest.Knight

If I never get another portrait I'd be happy with that. For myself I'll continue to do lvl5 for the Forgotten Tower, it's worth the extra 30 min and some goods. I like the little building enough to have spent some diamonds to push thru the monotony just a bit quicker.

honey55

I fought all but the last 2 this week. I always buy the fortifications for attack and the infiltrate one when available. I added boosts potions once i couldn't win without them. I thought that if i disconnected my kraken, i could save uses, but the earlier battles in ge5 brought down the number. I didn't run out though since i didn't need to do gbg before finishing. I bought extra attempts with medals. Just thought disconnecting would make it so i could choose when to use it.

Johnny B. Goode

Ever since GE5 was introduced, a phrase has been on my mind. "Jumping the shark." It originated in reference to a Happy Days (70s sitcom for you younger folks) episode where Fonzie jumped a shark on water skis. It refers to that point in a creative work (whether TV show, game, whatever) where the writers/developers run out of ideas that fit the core nature of the creative work and start inserting content that is discordant with that core nature. That phrase seems to fit perfectly for GE5, although it could be argued that it's just a continuation of the shark-jumping that's been going on in events lately.

Ebeondi Asi

GE 5 attitudes have changed.. At least in my Guilds. It all started out, (including me!) with complaints. Everyone wrote"No way"etc. but now, most are working on doing GE 5 (who could finish GE 4) and many are completing GE 5 now, and getting the Forgotten Temple (which is still a huge gain to be added to any city)
So at least in my Guilds... GE 5 is turning into a success

Jackshat

I came into FoE in my early years loving the idea of having to DEFEND my city against a human attacker. I wasn't concerned with attacking making me an FoE heretic.

Reality eventually set in as I advanced through the ages that developers, likely yielding to arguably a majority attack-oriented mentality, didn't give the defense-minded many options to keep pace with attacker boost gifts.

Now, I have the opportunity to make seasoned attackers earn a well thought out victory, and pvp points, by defeating city defenses commanded by an AI slaved to coding.

So, I'm grateful for GE5's introduction which created a by-product of city defense "gifts" to allow me to once again do what I really enjoyed...repelling human invaders with AI-controlled defense.

I certainly don't win them all in SAJM and I'm waiting on the next round of big boppers to hit my city. As with a past debate, my defenses will eventually force opponents to have to wager whether or not yesterday's defenses are still up. If they are, they may lose. If not, they may win. But, no more automatic victories, again, is my goal.

So, I welcome GE5 for the unintended consequence of allowing me to enjoy mounting a city defense, again, as much as most others enjoy attacking cities.

No. I don't whine about being plundered. Plunder, if you desire...

MJ Artisan of War

Have completed lvl 5 only in my main city because my guild there is hyper GE competitive.... so I suffer through it for them only.
On my other worlds it gets ignored. The Forgotten Temple yields me an extra 200 plus fp daily, but it is hardly worth the effort.
GE 5 is a total waste of time, unless your guild must win GE......

Pericles the Lion

I like how you single out one person and ignore those who don't think that it's worth it and aren't doing it. :rolleyes:
I'm not singling anyone out. Players, like yourself, that don't think L5 is worth it AND do not play L5 make sense to me. On the other hand, players that do nothing but complain about L5, yet aggressively complete it, make no sense. I don't buy the "I'm taking one for the team" excuse. Even if it is true, it just means that any frustration is misdirected. Blame the guild for requiring that L5 be completed. On all of my worlds, L5 is open but optional - as it should be.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

ignore those who don't think that it's worth it and aren't doing it. :rolleyes:
No problem. Don't do GE 5
I will do GE 5 it really is worth playing to me, and many others who have stopped moping around complaining someone stole their cheese, but instead we went and found the cheese again, and Hey that cheese is pretty good, and it's fun harvesting it!
All the while the mopers are claiming there is no good cheese anymore.
Good luck ;)

Johnny B. Goode

No problem. Don't do GE 5
I will do GE 5 it really is worth playing to me, and many others who have stopped moping around complaining someone stole their cheese, but instead we went and found the cheese again, and Hey that cheese is pretty good, and it's fun harvesting it!
All the while the mopers are claiming there is no good cheese anymore.
Good luck ;)
I hate to tell you, but that's not cheese. LOL

honey55

I complete ge5 but i still think it's not worth the city space or rewards. The thing is i seem to get a certain amount of satisfaction from doing it. I've always enjoyed ge for some unknown reason. If i had to negotiate most of it, i wouldn't do it. This week i only negotiated the last 2 but still had to use boosts. The fact is, even if it costs more than it gives, for me, it doesn't matter. My guild doesnt need more Jupiter or Venus goods. I don't have use for the amount i have. I have plenty of extra troops so the loss of troops doesn't hurt me either. So it's kind of like I'm paying to do something i enjoy doing except i do get something out if it eventually. And as discouraging as it was when i first tried it and couldn't even win the first fight, i now have found it more encouragingly as i was able to go longer without adding boosts and didn't have to add as many, and only had to negotiate the last 2. So I'm glad to have it to do, even if i always have to negotiate the last 2. Of course i may end up having to negotiate the last 4 if i run out of boosts. That would be a sad day.

Has anyone in jupiter completed it fighting without adding boosts, just fortifications. If so, id love to know what your blue boosts are. Would help me know what to aim for. So in my view it is kind of like paying to go to a movie. You get enjoyment for what you pay. In this case I'm paying something i have excess of so its no big deal. However, for anyone who does not enjoy doing ge5, it may not be worth doing it, in my view.