• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

JJ597

I've stopped being a guild member in multiple worlds! And in my remaining main world, I've given up on the current event! It's only a matter of time before I stop playing altogether!

Mor-Rioghain

I find it highly ironic and more than a bit amusing that the developers are now referring to the portraits as 'avatars' when I distinctly remember once upon a time some kind of moderator really 'reeducating' a poster for using the word avatar when describing a portrait. His general gist was that if you didn't use the official language, how could you expect to be understood?

We've come almost full circle when someone chooses to use the word 'picture' rather than avatar which is technically a more appropriate synonym of portrait than avatar is. Kind of makes you go, hmmmm, hmmm? ;)

Ebeondi Asi

some kind of moderator
Why would some kind of moderator be the last word on official policy? Plenty of Moderators were just winging it with whatever they felt like spewing is what I remember. Usually to insult someone because they disliked them or what they wrote personally. And why they were all canned (A few were great, and a lot were terrible. I guess canning them all solved the problem) LOL

As for the Avatars being given out instead of real rewards? yeah does seem to be a mistake.
Like offering a kid a picture of a candy bar instead of a real candy bar.. (the bean counter says" they won't be able to tell the difference. since I see no difference".)

Johnny B. Goode

Why would some kind of moderator be the last word on official policy? Plenty of Moderators were just winging it with whatever they felt like spewing is what I remember. Usually to insult someone because they disliked them or what they wrote personally. And why they were all canned (A few were great, and a lot were terrible. I guess canning them all solved the problem) LOL

As for the Avatars being given out instead of real rewards? yeah does seem to be a mistake.
Like offering a kid a picture of a candy bar instead of a real candy bar.. (the bean counter says" they won't be able to tell the difference. since I see no difference".)
Not all moderators were "canned." I resigned well before the current CMs showed up.

Johnny B. Goode

Players have requested Avatars be available as rewards before. That won't interest everyone, but it's not a mistake
I remember players asking for more diversity and/or gender equality in avatars, but I don't remember anyone asking for more of them as rewards. If anything, asking for them not to be rewards as often has been the request.

CDmark

How many of those dud "reward" pictures are there in level 5 ? Now Inno is reducing the rewards by simply giving nothing ? A picture is not a reward , it is a picture.
too many. One avatar in GE5 is too many esp at this level, the cost. Of course, they could replace it with the diamonds they stole from us in GE1-4 but that wouldn't be fair to those not interested in GE5. So, they could make the GE1-4 diamonds 50/50, think that makes it 135D avg/week. 70% diamonds/30% whatever (whatever has been redefined as fragments of something) puts us at 189 D/week, on average, not holding my breath on either adjustment.

Xenosaur

In full agreement with "way too many" Avatar offerings in GE 5. We need to win tangible items, and even @ 90% <something of value>/10% avatar - that's not a good equation for the rewards.

Reduce the Avatar offerings completely to only 1 , or at most 2 in the 16, GE 5 level.

If perchance the avatars conferred some other active game value (like a boost, etc - which if worn while you play GE 5, you get (for example) 10% more City defender attack...., then that's another story. But until they do... nix them (all but 1 encounter)

A better balance on this (meaning fewer Avatars winning, overall) will create MORE interest for GE 5, which is a better goal that developing something that like GE 5 and reducing adoption interest because of all the discussed changes.

Without a potential sweetener (as I suggested above...)

Excess avatars as rewards are another thing working against GE 5.

xivarmy

In full agreement with "way too many" Avatar offerings in GE 5. We need to win tangible items, and even @ 90% <something of value>/10% avatar - that's not a good equation for the rewards.

Reduce the Avatar offerings completely to only 1 , or at most 2 in the 16, GE 5 level.

If perchance the avatars conferred some other active game value (like a boost, etc - which if worn while you play GE 5, you get (for example) 10% more City defender attack...., then that's another story. But until they do... nix them (all but 1 encounter)

A better balance on this (meaning fewer Avatars winning, overall) will create MORE interest for GE 5, which is a better goal that developing something that like GE 5 and reducing adoption interest because of all the discussed changes.

Without a potential sweetener (as I suggested above...)

Excess avatars as rewards are another thing working against GE 5.
In the long run it doesn't matter - you'll win the avatars and then get the 100% chance for your fragments going forward. Unless of course they do infact make new avatars for GE5 to ensure we still are winning crap :p

CDmark

GE5 update
So, currently in X-ME, I can beat E11 with what I have in the city, Red A/D has actually increased, the 40/40 A/D is the main reason but has to be maintained. I get thru E12 with the Great and Infiltration temples, 480 goods vs an estimated 1235 if negotiated, so worth it. E13-16 negotiated at an estimated cost of 4180 total goods (say 2100 each current/previous). I use the CF to to RQs at collections (FP/supplies/coin/UBQ) get at least 1500 x 6 = 9K per week with BGL68/HCL58 as helpers). I have previous era goods so I will just do the week by week incremental improvements in Blue A/D.

I got another 7 kits for the Mountain Reserve. Did I put down a Bear Mountain (great blue A/D). No, I went eagle and replaced a 1 attribute building, Abandon Asylum - only Red Attack, with the 2 attribute Eagle, Red Attack and Defense. I gained 23% Red D, same attack. I lost 1 FP (I am surviving...lol) gained 3 goods. The Panda Reserve will replace another Asylum, 5% Red attack loss (just straight number, didn't do per tile analysis) but when it becomes a shrine, I gain Red attack with the blue attack carrot. NOTE, every city is different so you would need to identify what would be your replacement buildings.

Now, I am at a steady state for GE5. I can auto E1-4. As Blue A/D grows over time, I would get to the point of beating E12, no Great Temple then no Infiltration Temple. E13 to 16, the increase per encounter is a lot and I don't think it is worth any drastic city changes, just let time work things up like feathered serpents and spikes, greater ritual flame. I am guessing, once I can beat E13, I will probably be doing auto battle for E1-8 easily. Also, beating E13 would mean I should be able to beat E12 in the next age, so I could advance era with my eye on having previous era goods to maintain that cost. I am using defense potions to make my Blue defense equivalent to attack. I am at 363A/311D so 50% blue potions (363/361). I have 9-L2 tacts out there and Athlon Abbey. I got 16% more Blue A/D coming from SBC (L99 is my goal). I am mentioning SBC, Tacts and Abbey bcs those are tiles dedicated to Blue vs Red so folks can see there is city space used specifically for Blue. Having the FT does make up for Red losses (toss in 12 more tiles). Once the Feathered Serpent is L3, it will carry itself with 2 chained spikes.

Some thoughts
What does one do if they have no previous era goods, or not enough to maintain GE5. Well, you can do collection RQs in your current era, enough so that if you age up, you would have those extra, but now they would be previous era goods. Your opponent will increase A/D but not that much, you could get back to your system. Everyone will have different checkpoints/system and units for each age are important. In ME 1 tank and 7 rogues every encounter thru 12 has been great. In Colonial, Champs have been great. I will add CA info when I get to it later today.

Xenosaur

In the long run it doesn't matter - you'll win the avatars and then get the 100% chance for your fragments going forward. Unless of course they do infact make new avatars for GE5 to ensure we still are winning crap :p

Fair enough. So you're saying that once you win the avatar (and if they stop making new ones...) that 90/10 probability for winning something in that encounter go to 100/0.

That's a bit ameliorating. Thanks @xivarmy

LoveNkind

I would say this thread is a 100% real true reason Inno will no longer listen to players!No matter what Inno does. a ton of players will complain. if it is the same complain. actually do something different, even more complaining.
I whined right along with the rest of them when this was coming out. Then I tried it. The art work is wonderful--I really enjoy that bright green jungle. The first 3 avatars are very obviously from GE5, so they are a real form of bragging. GE5 is very challenging and I love a challenge. For me, it is doable in Modern Age and PostModern Age. I have completed it every week and have my Temple up. I am a free player, so this is NOT p2w. It is hard to finish without switching to negotiations, and that usually means 10 diamonds spent per encounter.
My smaller account is a diamond farm in a diamond guild. We accidentally opened GE5 the first two weeks, and I played and enjoyed it, but GE5 is not for diamond mining accounts.
My main is a high level Diamond guild. We are building SBC's like crazy, and I love to give them extra from my banked fp.

qaccy

Cut back a bit on defense potions this week to see how it'd go with the last encounter. Base stats are 693/853:
1684021617438.png
Still used Virgo and Kraken, along with the Great Warrior and infiltration fortifications. I think I can drop the infiltration fort. Last week I built the Great Warrior Temple in both slots and I think it's a better idea, considering I can already do more than 1 damage per attack anyway. It'll still be variable though because of crits, especially with me being in the space ages where Keen Eye's also a factor.

Orius Maximus

I still think the numbers ramp up too high in the last quarter and should probably be tweaked a bit. I've consistently done 80 since GE 5 was released and had no problem getting through the first half. It's only really the last 4 that has any real difficulty, and building up a city just for those is dubious.

I agree with qaccy that the infiltration temple probably isn't worth it, and the slots are better spent on two boosting temples.

The avatars are a big meh, certainly but at least they're removed from the pool once they're won. We probably didn't need so many of them though.

DoubleJ

I have been here a few years and have never seen anyone ask for more avatars as rewards. I did see the diversity discussion about the pictures but nobody ever asks for more pictures instead of actual rewards.
I like collecting garbage, so I actually enjoyed the avatars. But I don't think they should replace the real reward, they should be in addition. So like every time you finish an encounter you have a 5% chance of also getting an avatar, not getting an avatar in lieu of the real reward

Ebeondi Asi

From Inno Beta Forum:
"" Yesterday at 11:44 PM For the new Guild Battleground season (starting Thursday), we will revert the balancing for the Siege Camps and Watch Towers to its previous state, which is currently active on live servers.""
So the 66% cap seems dead in Beta. But new ideas are coming to Beta for GbG...
Put this together with the fact mooingcat's latest info video mentions City Boost material (images) for GbG
My guess is in addition to GE that instead of the 66% attrition cap they are going to go to some city defense for GbG. :eek:
I can already hear the complaints echoing in from the future
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
( I am up to City Attack 1000% n all three of my cities.. ..So I'm working on actually getting ready for the future, instead of sitting doing nothing but fuming LOL) But y'all please just keep up the whining instead of doing something . I suggest threatening to hold your breath Threatening to quit is good too.

Last edited:

CDmark

I like collecting garbage, so I actually enjoyed the avatars. But I don't think they should replace the real reward, they should be in addition. So like every time you finish an encounter you have a 5% chance of also getting an avatar, not getting an avatar in lieu of the real reward
I recommended this in beta, think here too. These special GEL5 portraits could have been fun (wow, having fun while playing a game, imagine that!!). The portraits could have been done by making AN ADDITIONAL reward a portrait BP. I thought 2x2 would be good enough due to the random nature of BPs. Then we can use the trade button when it makes sense. Also, it would be based on your actual activity in GE5, no Arc to get more, just 1 BP.
16 BPs per week, 18 avatars all random? I didn't think it thru that far, I just liked the idea. Then, when you actually get a complete avatar, it took some work to complete. Maybe when you get all 18, then you get access to a special one, a pool of unique ones (Sharmon posted above we can make, not sure that works for Inno but like that idea too). The pool of unique portraits would be great, you wouldn't see many duplicates all over the place.